IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

Is that Chelsy sitting with Gigi? I think she might have an arrow in her quiver.

• Upvote 2

Dammit—deviled eggs. Now I want some. I make them all fancy by cutting the hard boiled eggs in half with a crinkle cutter, mix the filling in the food processor till it’s smooth (I use Coleman’s hot English mustard, mayo, and curry powder), then pipe it into the whites with a star-tipped pastry tube. They look so pretty.

If you prefer a chunkier filling, you could use a one-tablespoon ice cream-type scoop to fill the eggs.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, terranova said:

Is that Chelsy sitting with Gigi? I think she might have an arrow in her quiver.

Nope, that’s Elissa. Chelsy is wearing a different outfit... it seems that she too has developed a love for down vests/gilets.

21A46BA5-0C6C-4098-9144-E0DA542F9D5D.jpeg.bf86cf4791230683b6244ffeb4d96e68.jpeg

Elissa is pregnant and due in January/February I believe, similar time to NR Anna. I’m interested to see what Elissa names her third child, since Calia and Kyle aren’t the usual obviously Biblical names that the other grandkids have.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Nope, that’s Elissa. Chelsy is wearing a different outfit... it seems that she too has developed a love for down vests/gilets.

21A46BA5-0C6C-4098-9144-E0DA542F9D5D.jpeg.bf86cf4791230683b6244ffeb4d96e68.jpeg

Elissa is pregnant and due in January/February I believe, similar time to NR Anna. I’m interested to see what Elissa names her third child, since Calia and Kyle aren’t the usual obviously Biblical names that the other grandkids have.

How did I miss she was having another one?! Because they are so boring and it's easy to forget in their boringness.

• I Agree 10

8 hours ago, terranova said:

How did I miss she was having another one?! Because they are so boring and it's easy to forget in their boringness.

Because they breed like bunnies!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

@Black Aliss, your deviled egg recipe sounds delicious!

and @Hane, so do yours!  They're so fancy too. I don'r mind mayo in deviled eggs if someone else makes them and I don't think about it too much.  I make my deviled eggs with melted butter though.

There was that time when my brother and I made deviled eggs for an Eastern Star supper.  We needed something to put the deviled eggs on after they were filled and we chose newspaper.  Yep, the printing came off on the whites.  They went to the covered dish anyway.  My brother and I were at most junior high age.  We loved those Eastern Star potlucks because there were some great cooks in my mom's chapter.   

• Upvote 5

The best potlucks I have ever attended are at UU churches. Lots and lots of diversity of flavors and colors and presentation. I love that sort of thing.

As for DEVILED eggs (which I will henceforth spell in all capitals, to spite Stevehovah), mine contain Hellmann's mayonnaise, a little bit of yellow mustard, dill relish (never sweet!!), and garlic salt, mixed with the yolks. Yum.

Edited by scoutsadie
Forgot that I was spiting the Maxwells and not the Rods
  • Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

As for DEVILED eggs (which I will henceforth spell in all capitals, to spite the Rods), mine contain Hellmann's mayonnaise, a little bit of yellow mustard, dill relish (never sweet!!), and garlic salt, mixed with the yolks. YumYmmmm.

FTFY, fellow Rod-reader :happy:.  while we're at it, let's just piss off Steve and the Duggars* and just call them DEVIL eggs. 

*I'm pretty sure it was Michelle who came up with Yellow Pocket Angel Eggs, the dumbest name ever.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

The final line of the post Sarah suggests people having family fun days and outings. Oh you mean, like every other post you do for family updates.

• Upvote 5

On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, smittykins said:

You mean they actually may have had F*N? :pink-shock:

The only real fun the Maxwell's have is with family. Very rarely do we see a post where they talk about having fun with friends. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Still kills me Poor Sarah calls them picnic eggs.  I think Judgy Chelsy is prego.  And yes Coward Steve is still trying to shelter his family.

• Upvote 7

I thought mentions of Sarah's passive voice were exaggerated until I read that latest post.  Wow.  That's something.

I wonder if Gigi feels bad for her descendants.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I think Judgy Chelsy is prego.  

I think Chelsy is pregnant as well. Maybe they are choosing not to announce it until she is farther along. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, smittykins said:

The Duggars call them “yellow pocket angel eggs.”

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32331-yellow-pocket-angel-eggs/

Geez, that’s way too many words. Do they have to specify “yellow” because normal people associate “angel” food with “white”? And “pocket”? I’ve heard someone just call them “stuffed eggs” because she seemed to have momentarily forgotten the word “deviled.”

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, catlady said:

FTFY, fellow Rod-reader :happy:.  while we're at it, let's just piss off Steve and the Duggars* and just call them DEVIL eggs. 

*I'm pretty sure it was Michelle who came up with Yellow Pocket Angel Eggs, the dumbest name ever.

How about Satan's Sperm?

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, raspberrymint said:

I wonder if Gigi feels bad for her descendants.

I wonder that too. She might have in the beginning but I think she along with her late husband learned to not question Steve & what he says & does. 

• Upvote 6

Chelsy could be pregnant but it’s difficult to tell if she’s wearing a down vest. There may be an announcement at Christmas or in the New Year. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Hane said:

Dammit—deviled eggs. Now I want some. I make them all fancy by cutting the hard boiled eggs in half with a crinkle cutter, mix the filling in the food processor till it’s smooth (I use Coleman’s hot English mustard, mayo, and curry powder), then pipe it into the whites with a star-tipped pastry tube. They look so pretty.

If you prefer a chunkier filling, you could use a one-tablespoon ice cream-type scoop to fill the eggs.

I googled a recipe for deviled eggs and ended up with the one by Chef John.  It called for the cream cheese along with the mayo and spices.  What the guests commented on most were the candied rings of tiny hot peppers used as a garnish.

That would make a pretty good egg salad too.

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

The Duggars call them “yellow pocket angel eggs.”

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32331-yellow-pocket-angel-eggs/

That is just plain damned stupid.

I wonder if the Nathan Maxwell collective still keeps chickens.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Hane said:

Sometimes I slice the eggs into lengthwise quarters and load 'em with the yolk mix.  I always boil a few extra eggs in case the whites don't slice neatly, plus extra yolks make for plenty of filling.

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’m  interested to see what Elissa names her third child, since Calia and Kyle aren’t the usual obviously Biblical names that the other grandkids have.

I’ve wondered about names too. Maybe they’ll go with the “K” (or hard C) sound for all of their kids. 

Caleb, Connor, Kara, Kayla, Katie, Kendrick, Kenneth, Kelly 

• Upvote 6

since I suck at peeling eggs and I'm better at separating them, I have done Deviled Eggs this way:

(I set up the spoiler trying to do screen shots, but that tanked, so it's jut a link.)

Spoiler

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/square-deviled-eggs-3364405

adjust the ingredients to your preference; I will have to try adding cream cheese next time!

• Upvote 3

On 11/26/2019 at 6:19 PM, JillyO said:

The creativity they used to skillfully design an awesome course took some effort, but the results worth it.

Sarah Maxwell, author.

The creativity took some effort?  ? 

This made me go read the whole post. I am ... impressed.Steve had an idea in September, scheduled for October, rescheduled for November then the day of the Family day arrived. ? I couldn't have slept at night without knowing the entire sequence of events, especially without knowing if the day of the family day ever arrived.

But you'll never guess what happened next!

"11am came, and families began to descend upon the backyard with little kids’ faces full of excitement and delight."  - She says families like it was a hoard of strangers not her own brothers, sisters-in-law and nieces/nephews. Also, at first, I read excitement as excrement and was SEVERELY shocked!

"Some people had great maneuvers to outwit others." - Who are those people, Sarah? It's not like you don't know their names.

"Maybe Family Day could become a tradition in your family. We loved it, and I’m quite certain it’ll be an annual event at the Maxwells." - Who wants to bet this is the last time we hear about it? They had way too much fun for Steve to allow them to repeat this. 

The results of your writing not worth it, Sarah! Clearly your creativity didn't take any effort.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic