IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

"Spend some time in prayer, giving thanks to God in and for all things and asking for His grace in the days to come (or, should I say, “comb”). Look forward to the special time you’ll have with your children."

My sister is a paediatrician. She says head lice are a very common problem that she deals with every day. The patients in her practice all have complex medical issues so treatment of a common and benign (if icky) problem like lice is sometimes needs to be managed carefully but never once has she had to pray over it.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Anybody know who is between Abby and Bethany?

grafik.thumb.png.c9d2e01f0291252f8cb93963626b66a5.png

I guessed a future OfJesse, but she appears plumper than that which Stevovah would approve.  I also tried to detect any resemblance between her & Abby, which night indicate her as a maternal relative, but I see no such similarity. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Christopher and Anna don’t realize that one of the benefits of not isolating yourself, and actually spending time with other people, allows you to call them up when you have a problem like lice and get their advice. Many parents, and people in general, have a network of others they can call for advice when something out of the ordinary happens. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Christopher and Anna don’t realize that one of the benefits of not isolating yourself, and actually spending time with other people, allows you to call them up when you have a problem like lice and get their advice. Many parents, and people in general, have a network of others they can call for advice when something out of the ordinary happens. 

But why would you need to have a network of others to call for advice when you can just "Google it"????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

One advantage of a kid going to a public school is that the schools here send home a flier on what to do if your kids get lice and how to maybe keep that from ever occurring.  They did this with my granddaughter the first day of kindergarten.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

One advantage of a kid going to a public school is that the schools here send home a flier on what to do if your kids get lice and how to maybe keep that from ever occurring.  They did this with my granddaughter the first day of kindergarten.  

I have clients who had elementary age kids. They also got a flier send home about how to get rid of & treat lice. Their hasn’t been any insidence of lice at the schools for a few years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:05 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I've had dry cleaning in my car for a year now. Same dress. I know because the annual event I wore it to last year just occurred. I imagine it was something like she just kept forgetting to get the right color thread, as sewing on a button wasn't a priority for her. 

Back before we had digital cameras I used to drive around for months, maybe years with rolls of exposed 35 mm film rattling around under the seats, never getting around to dropping them off for processing. So, I’m not judging.

• Upvote 4

I’m wondering about the random girl in the black jacket from the ‘leaves’ post too. There’s no mention of ‘and friend’ in the whole post. Maybe one of Sarah’s hidden clues she likes to throw in sometimes? 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Post about Granddad and Veteran's Day up, very nice no mention of abortion.

No mention of abortion, but a nice nod to all the heroic veterans who are now burning in Hell for eternity because they forgot to profess their faith in Jesus prior to being killed in combat. Sorry guys, you shoulda known better! Thankfully Grandpa Maxwell narrowly avoided that fate.

Grandad wasn’t a believer when that rocket hit the building in January of 1968. His life was spared, and he surrendered to Jesus on October 27th, 1978. Grandad is now with his Savior.

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1

For what it is worth I'm happy Sarah wrote a post honoring Veterans without mentioning abortion. But, I don't think she intentionally meant to shame all Veterans who weren't Christian (I never thought I would defend a Maxwell). I think she was just drawing on her own experience. Sarah most likely didn't realize she was shading as Steve and Teri have protected her from the "evils of the outside world." 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Coward Steve is a veteran.  I believe he was stationed in Thailand during the war years.  Why don't they ever talk about his service?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Coward Steve is a veteran.  I believe he was stationed in Thailand during the war years.  Why don't they ever talk about his service?

Sarah talked about his service in previous posts. I think she just chose to focus on her grandfather rather than Steve. Why? I don't know. Maybe to make Steve jealous? Or Steve thought bragging about his service would be sinful? Either way it was mentioned in the past. 

• Upvote 8

52 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Sarah talked about his service in previous posts. I think she just chose to focus on her grandfather rather than Steve. Why? I don't know. Maybe to make Steve jealous? Or Steve thought bragging about his service would be sinful? Either way it was mentioned in the past. 

I can see Steve being jealous. In one of the Veterans Days posts Steve did a response & acted as though he was the only person in the world who served. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I can see Steve being jealous. In one of the Veterans Days posts Steve did a response & acted as though he was the only person in the world who served. 

Yup that sounds like Steve. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:21 AM, OhNoNike said:

I had lice once.  Funny thing is that I went through my entire public school education amongst tons of kids and never got it.  However, my stepdaughter shared hers with me while “doing my hair” when she was about 6.   No biggie. 

What’s somewhat amusing is these kids don’t see nearly the number of kids I did.  Yet, they managed to get lice.  And these people don’t vaccinate their kids.  At least you can see and get rid of lice.... I know they would never make the correlation of how easily things can spread amongst (even sheltered) kids.  

The Maxwells vaccinate and follow traditional medicine closely. Where did you see they did not vaccinate?! I have never heard that about this family.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/8/2019 at 11:05 PM, JillyO said:

Anybody know who is between Abby and Bethany?

grafik.thumb.png.c9d2e01f0291252f8cb93963626b66a5.png

The Maxwell’s do have some second cousins they occasionally see. They’ve been featured on the blog before. She might be one of them. 

• Upvote 1

New post up about OCC.  And a mystery woman made an appearance.  Looks a little old for Forgotten Jesse could she be his future MIL?

DSC_9878-425x284.jpg

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 6

Oh, FFS!!!!!!!!!  I don't know what it is with OCC and the Maxwells, but there must be a special place down in Hell for those blog posts...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I really hope Ruthie and Lydia did this looooong after they were cleared from having lice. 

I hope so too. The last thing the people working for Operation Christmas Child is dealing with lice being delivered to them. Like I said before, I don't think the Maxwells have much experience with lice and NR Anna made it sound like they didn't handle it like they well. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

I am not tooting my own horn - it's a statement on how predictible life in Maxhell is. But, they did OCC and now family pics - not the whole post, but they're getting there. Should we all have a checklist of Maxhell life through 12/31? 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic