IGNORED

Pastor’s Wife Pulls Gun

47of74

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

And social media is doing its thing:

941345353_PistolPackinPreachersMama.thumb.jpg.7f68c4659c74ffd90c7c7e9197e20e18.jpg

I haven't seen hair that fabulous since 1989. I can smell the Aquanet.

• Haha 13

I just fell down this rabbit hole.   Question is in the category of "world's colliding"  is this close to where the JROD clans live and do they know this virtuous Godly gun-toting pastors wife. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I just fell down this rabbit hole.   Question is in the category of "world's colliding"  is this close to where the JROD clans live and do they know this virtuous Godly gun-toting pastors wife. 

I could be wrong, but I'm getting a Pentecostal vibe from this whole mess, and the Rods are Baptist.

ETA: Yep.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

I could be wrong, but I'm getting a Pentecostal vibe from this whole mess, and the Rods are Baptist.

I think you are right.  For the most part, I don't believe Pentecostal women are allowed to wear make-up.  I could be wrong.  This pastor's wife would be SEVERELY clutching her pearls at JRod's make-up.  She would slut shame JRod.  Now I could go for a good old-fashioned JRod vs. Pentecostal preacher's wife throw down!  (Not really...not advocating violence here.  JK!)

• Upvote 9

Trumpy McFuckface's bedtime wear with his pull-ups and Dody. 

I was really trying to avoid the mental images of Toadstool McFuckface in bedtime wear. Assuming he wears anything at all to bed.

Now if you’ll excuse me I heave a pressure washer full of eye bleach to apply.
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

All of your names for Trump are making me chuckle.  Now I am going to have to come up with one...It's so hard to pick just one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

IME, Assemblies of God / Bethel / Hillsong / Vineyard charismatics don’t have a problem with make-up so I think t depends on the particular “flavor” of charismatic. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

All of your names for Trump are making me chuckle.  Now I am going to have to come up with one...It's so hard to pick just one. 

Trump reminds me of a deranged braying donkey when he opens his mouth. I swear, my blood pressure shoots up when I even imagine hearing him talk. Hm, Deranged Braying Donkey, maybe? Or would a jackass instead of a donkey be a better choice?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

Just now, Giraffe said:

IME, Assemblies of God charismatics don’t have a problem with make-up so I think t depends on the particular “flavor” of charismatic. 

Thank you.  I didn't know that.  Learning something new in Fundieland every day.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

IME, Assemblies of God charismatics don’t have a problem with make-up so I think t depends on the particular “flavor” of charismatic. 

I agree with this. But that hair screams Pentecostal to me. And it whispers FLDS. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Someone in the comment made the joke that it said "Popeyes > Chik-Fil-A" :pb_lol:

In this case, Sierra will join the fight! 

• Haha 4

I agree with this. But that hair screams Pentecostal to me. And it whispers FLDS. 

Looking at that photo again I just realized she looks like a younger version of Kim Davis.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Looking at that photo again I just realized she looks like a younger version of Kim Davis.

YES!! When I first saw her picture she looked vaguely familiar but I couldn’t place why. Now I know ?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

What is that line across her forehead?

Maybe it was because I watched an episode of Diagnosis: Murder this afternoon featuring the great Ruth Buzzi, but I'm reminded of Gladys Ormphby's hairnet.  Ruth did a regular sketch with Artie Johnson as the Dirty Old Man where she'd hit him with her purse.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I wondered the same thing -- some kind of "Queen for a Day" headdress?

Or maybe something pastors' wives in that cult church get to wear?

I thought it might be some bizarro, religious marking tattoo. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Awwww man the Facebook page for the church is now unavailable.  Whatever will we do without the ongoing comedy gold that was their page?

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

ETA: Yep.

Yes you are right , they are Oneness Pentecostal  to be exact .  

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

IME, Assemblies of God / Bethel / Hillsong / Vineyard charismatics don’t have a problem with make-up so I think t depends on the particular “flavor” of charismatic. 

It depends on whether or not they are rooted in the standards of " sanctified appearance " that is shared with their Conservative Holiness counterparts .  In the interest of full disclosure , I have some extended family that is Apostolic , and currently the rest of my immediate family attends a Bible Methodist  congregation .  So I am all too aware of what they are like .  The only difference that might exist between other Apostolic and/ or Conservative Holiness people , and her is that the former are inclined to put there long uncut hair up in updos , which I suppose would really give off a FLDS vibe to those not familiar with them , the way that I have come to be .  For an example , if anyone here might be interested .   

Now , lastly , on the topic of this news story , it reminded me of these two songs .  

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

This is disgusting. Fighting and pulling a gun in church? Churches are places of peace and prayer and full of innocent people and children who could have gotten hurt. This lady didn't give a damn.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

I read the whole article.  At the end, when the youth pastor’s wife and the sherif assure us all that this wasn’t a dispute over an affair, she adds that she’s been happily married for 13 years.  she’s mentioned in the beginning of the article as being 29 years old.  This woman was married off to the eventual youth pastor at 16!  I don’t think getting shot at is among the worst things to ever happen to her.

• Sad 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I read the whole article.  At the end, when the youth pastor’s wife and the sherif assure us all that this wasn’t a dispute over an affair, she adds that she’s been happily married for 13 years.  she’s mentioned in the beginning of the article as being 29 years old.  This woman was married off to the eventual youth pastor at 16!  I don’t think getting shot at is among the worst things to ever happen to her.

You don't think church ladies lie about their age? She's probably been 29 years old for at least 5 years.

• Haha 10

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

What is that line across her forehead?

718783060_ScreenShot2019-09-05at9_35_42PM.png.0876badb81247c6d9a533d0bfba30314.png

I'm pretty sure it's stitches.  Prolly a half-assed job made by member of their congregation to remove that cone on her head.  The surgery was unsuccessful.

Edited by Carol
  • Haha 11

So, when I opened this thread, this was the ad at the top. The irony!! (and, no, I have not been searching for this particular product, but maybe she pulled the trigger because he outlasted her). Just hit my funny bone this morning.

image.png.b4168bfc8c20c2b49d7955e92fbf9f04.png

• Haha 15