IGNORED

Pastor’s Wife Pulls Gun

47of74

Almost all of the “forbidden” are African American styles. 

The acceptable styles looks like FLDS styles. 

I’m not sure why allocating the number and style of hairpins has to do with God.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I noticed that, too @JermajestyDuggar.

I'm an old white lady and I'm not sure I could meet their standards.  My hair is naturally curly and if I used a flat iron to straighten it, it could not be guaranteed to break off.  Curly hair is apparently not allowed and you have to be careful with heat as breakage is not allowed.  (WTF!)  Perms aren't allowed either so is relaxing ok? 

And what about those women who lost their hair to age, alopecia areata or chemo?  I suppose they are just fucked in that church.  

They are basically saying, “whites only.” 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Also, take a look at this list of standards(PDF file)for one particular congregation.

Three pages of instructions, with two pages of photos.

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Note that while gel & mousse are forbidden as are permanents, there's not a word about hair spray.

Probably not surprising seeing how integral Aqua Net is to creating the approved Apostolic hair-do, as in the video @Marmion shared.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are basically saying, “whites only.” 

You know what , it's more like the respective churches have tended to remain segregated .  Like there is the United Pentecostal Church International  , which is what  certain of my extended family have been , which is predominantly white , and then there is also the Apostolic Faith Church of God  , and a break off the Apostolic Church of God of True Holiness  , the latter of which spawned this one church in the general vicinity of where I reside that's especially a cult  https://www.culteducation.com/group/820-apostolic-faith-church.html  , which is entirely black .   Charles Parham , the originator of white Pentecostalism , has even been alleged to have been part of the KKK .  https://thepentecostalparadox.org/2019/08/05/parham-and-the-pentecostal-pandemonium/  , https://www.academia.edu/10825872/The_Dubious_Legacy_of_Charles_Parham    So while I am aware that steps have been taken in recent decades to address this racial rift  , which has existed in both Pentecostal , and Holiness denominations , such as the Church of the Nazarene , which is another story , there is still residual defacto segregation . And in the case of the ban on curled hair , that you mentioned , what probably happened was that the church in question had wanted to crack down on big hair , as constituting vanity , but failed to take into account those with naturally curly hair .  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I noticed that, too @JermajestyDuggar.

I'm an old white lady and I'm not sure I could meet their standards.  My hair is naturally curly and if I used a flat iron to straighten it, it could not be guaranteed to break off.  Curly hair is apparently not allowed and you have to be careful with heat as breakage is not allowed.  (WTF!)  Perms aren't allowed either so is relaxing ok? 

And what about those women who lost their hair to age, alopecia areata or chemo?  I suppose they are just fucked in that church.  

My hair is naturally curly too. I tried to straighten it a few times. It always ended up going back to its curly state within a few hours. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

We had some IRB evangelist neighbors 30 years ago.  The wife told me that she didn't think it was wrong for women to cut their hair, but someone pointed out that some might find it a stumbling block so she had decided to not cut her hair.  Honey, if you met someone who found cut hair to be a stumbling block, they were already marinating in the Kool-Aid.

• Haha 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

We had some IRB evangelist neighbors 30 years ago.  The wife told me that she didn't think it was wrong for women to cut their hair, but someone pointed out that some might find it a stumbling block so she had decided to not cut her hair.  Honey, if you met someone who found cut hair to be a stumbling block, they were already marinating in the Kool-Aid.

It’s so strange. I’ve never really heard a man say, “fuck those bangs are sexy! I can barely keep it in my pants right now! I have to bang those bangs!”

• Haha 8