IGNORED

Pastor’s Wife Pulls Gun

47of74

22 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Maybe she visited fuck face and he drew that line with his sharpie.

And now she'll never wash it off

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

So, when I opened this thread, this was the ad at the top. The irony!! (and, no, I have not been searching for this particular product, but maybe she pulled the trigger because he outlasted her). Just hit my funny bone this morning. 

I got that one in Quiver Full of Misogyny! It seemed appropriate there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@RosyDaisy,  Texas just passed a statute where no church, synagogue or other house of worship can ban guns.  That is completely insane.  Texas just cured me of any desire whatsoever to visit Texas.  

• Angry 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

How can they do that? Separation of church and state anyone?

If you think that sounds out of line , check this out .  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@RosyDaisy,  Texas just passed a statute where no church, synagogue or other house of worship can ban guns.  That is completely insane.  Texas just cured me of any desire whatsoever to visit Texas.  

Sometimes I'm not proud to be Texan.  Usually I am, but then stuff like that makes me not-so-proud.

I was wondering if she had a headband on, but maybe just thinks that it's supposed to be worn up at her hairline.  It doesn't look very good, if that's what it is.

• Love 5

19 hours ago, Briefly said:

Sometimes I'm not proud to be Texan.  Usually I am, but then stuff like that makes me not-so-proud.

I was wondering if she had a headband on, but maybe just thinks that it's supposed to be worn up at her hairline.  It doesn't look very good, if that's what it is.

Based upon what I know of such quaint sects , if that's a good way of describing them , the headband likely serves as a makeshift symbolic headcovering  . For some examples    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/398146423286406157/   ,  https://www.headcoveringmovement.com/articles/a-guide-to-head-covering-styles   Now , usually Holiness women who hold such a conviction , my own sister included ,  will simply use an old fashioned pillbox hat , or something similar , for this purpose .  But different sectarian communities tend to have their own customary fashion standards . 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Did someone here think the line is from the lace cap that’s part of her wig? That’s the impression I get.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Based upon what I know of such quaint sects , if that's a good way of describing them , the headband likely serves as a makeshift symbolic headcovering  . For some examples    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/398146423286406157/   ,  https://www.headcoveringmovement.com/articles/a-guide-to-head-covering-styles   Now , usually Holiness women who hold such a conviction , my own sister included ,  will simply use an old fashioned pillbox hat , or something similar , for this purpose .  But different sectarian communities tend to have their own customary fashion standards . 

If you look at her Facebook, you see that she wears head bands a lot. So that’s the impression I’m getting here. She also sticks head bands on her daughter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

On 9/5/2019 at 3:26 PM, NoKidsAndCounting said:

All of your names for Trump are making me chuckle.  Now I am going to have to come up with one...It's so hard to pick just one. 

I call cat feces Trump.  Example:  "I startled Junior and he left a small Trump on the floor, that I cleaned up immediately." or "I have to scoop the Trump out of the litter box."

• Haha 13
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Is she going to get into any real trouble for firing that gun?

Assuming she has no prior convictions, I'm betting that she gets off with reckless discharge of a firearm. I mean, in my view it's probably attempted murder, but meh. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I call cat feces Trump.  Example:  "I startled Junior and he left a small Trump on the floor, that I cleaned up immediately." or "I have to scoop the Trump out of the litter box."

We have two cats, and I’m using this as the new word! ?? Thanks for the laugh.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Hane said:

Did someone here think the line is from the lace cap that’s part of her wig? That’s the impression I get.

The closest thing to wearing wigs as a covering , for a religious motive  ,  that I have ever heard of , would concern the Orthodox Jewish practice of  " sheitel "   . Here is a more comprehensive list of Jewish headcovering customs , many of which coincide with their Christian fundamentalist counterparts .  https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hair-coverings-for-married-women/  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

We have two cats, and I’m using this as the new word! ?? Thanks for the laugh.

I would, except I think he’s an insult to cat poop. :pb_lol:

• Haha 5
  • Love 4

This thread has sent me down the rabbithole of "Apostolic hair" youtube videos. Holy moly. There's a whole genre of videos of Apostolic ladies demonstrating how they put their waist-length hair up in buns or other updos. I had absolutely no idea this was a thing.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I would, except I think he’s an insult to cat poop. :pb_lol:

Was about to post this very thing! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, VVV said:

This thread has sent me down the rabbithole of "Apostolic hair" youtube videos. Holy moly. There's a whole genre of videos of Apostolic ladies demonstrating how they put their waist-length hair up in buns or other updos. I had absolutely no idea this was a thing.

Also, take a look at this list of standards(PDF file)for one particular congregation.

Three pages of instructions, with two pages of photos.

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

• WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

There are a lot of apostolic hair and apostolic fashion on YouTube and Instagram. It would seem many now have “unacceptable hair styles” according to that list if rules. 

Edited by Arkfundy
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Also, take a look at this list of standards(PDF file)for one particular congregation.

Three pages of instructions, with two pages of photos.

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

So many example pictures of black women and so many rules against black hair styles (Afros, corn rows, etc). 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I noticed that, too @JermajestyDuggar.

I'm an old white lady and I'm not sure I could meet their standards.  My hair is naturally curly and if I used a flat iron to straighten it, it could not be guaranteed to break off.  Curly hair is apparently not allowed and you have to be careful with heat as breakage is not allowed.  (WTF!)  Perms aren't allowed either so is relaxing ok? 

And what about those women who lost their hair to age, alopecia areata or chemo?  I suppose they are just fucked in that church.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • I Agree 3