IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

17 hours ago, Johannah said:

They’re in South Carolina in shearling lined boots?? And knit hats?? It’s clearly not even cold enough outside for a jacket! Is Alyssa living out some kind of winter fantasy/idealization now that she lives in Florida?

I live in SC and we’ve hit a cold snap of it getting into the 40s for the highs the last couple days with rain across most of the state today as well. It’s the coldest it’s gotten so far this season so I don’t blame them for being bundled up. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, JoylessAnna said:

Coming out of lurking to acknowledge SOTDRT FTW.

Accept: believe or come to recognize.

Except: used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made.

Alyssa’s boots are heinous.

BEC etc etc

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

21 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I live in SC and we’ve hit a cold snap of it getting into the 40s for the highs the last couple days with rain across most of the state today as well. It’s the coldest it’s gotten so far this season so I don’t blame them for being bundled up. 

I'm in SC,too.The high today is 48,and it's raining.

9 minutes ago, melon said:

I'm in SC,too.The high today is 48,and it's raining.

Yeah I stepped outside to do some early Christmas shopping and about froze in my thick sweater and rainboots. The wind outside where I am makes it feel like it’s in the 30s!

• Love 1

When you're used to warm temps, cold takes on a different meaning. For me, living in the desert southwest, anything below about 60 is COLD. We've had highs in the 40's and 50's in the winter and it's FUCKING COLD for us. We even had snow last year. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Mama Jane for the win in Alyssa's Sunday in front of church pics.  She has pants on.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Mama Jane for the win in Alyssa's Sunday in front of church pics.  She has pants on.  

The rest of the Bates family has never really adhered to the modesty standards that Gil does. I found this pic in one of her other granddaughters’ Instagram (it’s public)

Spoiler

F2CAB1A4-26E6-4F76-89E5-5A84EBC38DD9.thumb.jpeg.46ef433ff4079e3c82ad044c1182ad71.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Most important: she dislikes megafamilies and is very obvious she is all about birth control. She's conservative and religious, too.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but these are wonderful- no sweat, no rash. Just google bra liners

F806i.jpg

Do they roll up?

22 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Most important: she dislikes megafamilies and is very obvious she is all about birth control. She's conservative and religious, too.

Mama Jane sounds like a mainstream conservative Christian.

• Upvote 5

They roll up a bit, but because they absorb sweat, I've never had a rash since I started wearing them. They are made of soft cotton, and you could make your own if handy with a sewing machine

Highly recommended , especially if you are well endowed

Edited by Sops2
Added content
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do they roll up?

Mama Jane sounds like a mainstream conservative Christian.

I think so too. In the church photo Alyssa posted they’re at what looks like a pretty mainstream Methodist church. In SC that might still be Uber conservative but likely not fundie...

• Upvote 4

Didn’t mean it wasn’t necessarily cold in SC. Just odd that none of them are wearing jackets, but all of them are wearing hats and boots, and Lexi and Zoey are wearing gloves/mittens. If it’s that cold, why are those kids sitting outside in thin cotton tops?? It just felt like a contrived “let’s show off our winter fashion” post. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 11/15/2019 at 4:16 AM, JoylessAnna said:

Coming out of lurking to acknowledge SOTDRT FTW.

Accept: believe or come to recognize.

Except: used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made.

Did she change it?

I am not a native speaker but to me it looks good this way.

• Upvote 1

I always am amazed when these fundies are way more conservative than their own parents. I want to call it the “Alex P Keaton Complex.” 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

21 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Did she change it?

I am not a native speaker but to me it looks good this way.

She must have. The original post used “accept” rather than “except.”

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Alyssa’s boots are heinous.

BEC etc etc

Overall, I find Alyssa's TASTE heinous. She would rather have lots of cheap rather than a little quality and it shows.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

She does have expensive tastes in makeup...Tarte, Nars, Urban Decay, etc.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 11/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, RosyDaisy said:

She does have expensive tastes in makeup...Tarte, Nars, Urban Decay, etc.

All my favorites too

• Upvote 4

On 11/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Overall, I find Alyssa's TASTE heinous. She would rather have lots of cheap rather than a little quality and it shows.

Remember, though, that one of their fans sends her many of the outfits she and the girls wear, and maybe feels obligated to use them, so that may be the "cheap" we see often.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Remember, though, that one of their fans sends her many of the outfits she and the girls wear, and maybe feels obligated to use them, so that may be the "cheap" we see often.

Sadie, my dear friend, don’t you remember the bridesmaids dresses?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Sadie, my dear friend, don’t you remember the bridesmaids dresses?!

Come on, she was barely 19 and off the Rocky Top abode for the first time. Metallic Malibu Barbie was probably her dream fashion statement. ? Plus, the budget was likely close to non-existent.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

As per his Instagram, Alyssa’s husband is shilling an MLM. So a while ago, I asked him for info on his health post as it wasn’t clear what he’s actually selling. It remained a mystery, though, and he was super evasive and didn’t send me more info until.... a few days ago. He now sent me links to Optavia and a website called habitsofhealth.com Well, guys, now we know...

We don’t have this stuff in Germany afaik, but maybe some of you who have heard of it before can tell me exactly how shady it is? 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

As per his Instagram, Alyssa’s husband is shilling an MLM. So a while ago, I asked him for info on his health post as it wasn’t clear what he’s actually selling. It remained a mystery, though, and he was super evasive and didn’t send me more info until.... a few days ago. He now sent me links to Optavia and a website called habitsofhealth.com Well, guys, now we know...

We don’t have this stuff in Germany afaik, but maybe some of you who have heard of it before can tell me exactly how shady it is? 

Looks totally sketchy to me. Any of these “paths to health” always raise red flags to me.

I’ve also often wondered about Alyssa’s health. Has this been speculated about before? I know bulemia is connected with arrhythmia/ablations, and I’ve  always wondered this given background fundie trauma and how that plays into OCD of eating disorders.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

That’s a good thought, @neuroticcat (I love your username btw). I had no clue there might be a connection between bulimia and her heart issues. While it’s possible Alyssa suffers from an eating disorder, I could also imagine she now has the life she wants with John far away in Florida. My guess would be that John just wants to make money and maybe doesn’t even take the products he sells himself. 

I’m no expert, but would it be likely to have three healthy pregnancies despite bulimia? 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typo
  • Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic