IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

51 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I hate BMI. I play roller derby so I have a LOT of leg muscle. I’ve been at a heavier weight since gaining said muscle. My doctor told me that I need to lose weight due to my BMI but I’m kinda like I just had a baby 8 months ago and I’m only 10lbs above my prepregnancy weight and I’m just starting to work out. ?

Anyways, here is a picture of me at my pre pregnancy weight which is at a 27.5 BMI. Size s/m in shirts and 8 in jeans. 

Reveal hidden contents

0515B17F-B273-4D8B-909F-C0B0B9DE1FFE.jpeg

You are similar to me except I am a medium top, and generally a 6 in pants. I tend to carry my weight in my upper arms and stomach. I am also short, about 5-3, which is harder in terms of the BMI. If you looked at me with my clothes on, you’d think I was appropriate sized, but I am muscular. My BMI is 27. I am always trying to lose weight. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2019 at 1:13 AM, feministxtian said:

BMI is mostly bullshit. For years my BMI indicated obesity...until I had a body fat test done. That test showed I was not obese and for a woman of my age and weight I was carrying more muscle...

And, no, BMI takes neither frame or muscle mass into account. My husband had a few Navy buddies who were forever fighting getting put on the "fat boy" program due to BMI. So, they fought long enough and hard enough to get dropped into the tank and well, one of the guys had something extreme like 8% body fat even though his BMI was in the "obese" range. Another one was a cop on the outside (he now works for NCIS Norfolk), a 6' 6" brick wall of a guy (liked to flirt too) and they wanted to send him off to "fat boy". I hope whoever it was that said that was out of reach of brick wall's arms. 

Now I'm fat and happily admit it (although I've lost about 30 lbs in the last 3 months and still losing). 

I hope you are eating, friend. I know you have been stressed just a little bit these last 18 months or so.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I hope you are eating, friend. I know you have been stressed just a little bit these last 18 months or so.

I try...just not hungry most of the time. I'll try to choke something down once a day. I live on caffeine, nicotine and a bad mood. Had a weird dream the other night and I'm sorta pissed off about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

The Websters (Alyssa and John only) are off to the Bahamas. Jill (Duggar Dillard) has to chime in - obviously... 

30B7126C-85CE-4CBF-8C80-9CFDE886C74E.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4

And possibly wearing *GASP* an actual bathing suit! ?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6

Spoiler

97BDE361-9563-4FAD-AD02-C084088A96E8.png

0771B870-5957-4E23-8BEB-78E6766CC7CD.png

Edited by JoylessAnna
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think I had already seen a picture of Alyssa with a bathing suit years ago. I don’t remember where it was though. 

I think that’s the one you’re referring to. 

17520542-E9A3-4F5A-9619-B1F1FD14BE48.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I hope Alyssa appreciates that it’s much easier to go on these adult excursions with only three kids. I kind of hope she ends up getting pregnant with a boy next time around so she can be done. 

• Upvote 3

So in another life you know she is itching to be in a bikini. What I don’t get is the dress she was pictured in a few posts above is one of the lowest cut dresses I have seen on a fundie and shows what looks like the hint of a bikini. Yet out trots the modest wear. That dress already showed us your neck... 

I dunno she can wear what she wants, I just feel a bit sad that I reckon their is a girl in their dying to show of a real bikini. 

Spoiler

FF585A63-E754-4DC3-8A93-9D0792B03708.thumb.png.2bcf9b1eba16efc2b699ec859178a97e.png

Spoiler

528F70A2-90A3-41E2-9AC2-DE7EB79E8080.thumb.png.a84a39dbcaacbf6d4ad21e96ae2118bd.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So in another life you know she is itching to be in a bikini. What I don’t get is the dress she was pictured in a few posts above is one of the lowest cut dresses I have seen on a fundie and shows what looks like the hint of a bikini. Yet out trots the modest wear. That dress already showed us your neck... 

I dunno she can wear what she wants, I just feel a bit sad that I reckon their is a girl in their dying to show of a real bikini. 

Why do you suppose she doesn't wear bikinis? I mean, it's up to her, but I think she has no boundaries in clothing (for a conservative young mom, of course). I wear bikinis but I would never post myself in bikini in a social network. Plus we don't know if she has scares due her surgeries, which she prefers to hide.

Alyssa does not try to appear modest. When she was just married, she clearly stated that she dressed as she wanted, and that if men looked at her it was men's fault, not hers (my words, because I don't have the link, but she was very clear and it was a big surprise because Bates preach exactly the opposite).

In fact, and it's just my personal opinion, those pre-wedding pictures (Tori or Carlin wedding) where all the bridesmaids wore silky night gowns were very inmodest! Modesty is not only about the amount of fabric I think.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I could see any fundie still having a hard time wearing a full on bikini. It’s just a lot of skin to show in public and fundies are so used to wearing a lot of clothing. I usually wear bathing suits that cover my stomach. And I never wear tank tops. If she’s comfortable in that kind of bathing suit, then so be it. People need to wear what they are comfortable in.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

That’s not modest at all compared to those full body Lycra suits with added loose fabric on top that her family used to endorse. Baby steps

• Upvote 4

Alyssa is wearing a normal bathing suit. That type of suit is the choice for many secular women and moms. I have personally never felt comfortable wearing a bikini. That is a lot of bare skin to show (for me) and i like the support of a tankini because i have a large chest. I also don't think bikinis are the only type of bathing suit that counts as "normal" 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7

I kid you not, my bathing suit is the same style as Alyssa's.  The top of mine is a dark teal blue though.  I'm not comfortable wearing anything in public that shows more skin than that.  For me it's body image thing, not religious beliefs.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I’ve worn only skirted tankinis for at least 15 years. I’ve gained a lot of weight since my mid-30s and I’ve always had body image issues, so the only bikini I’ve ever worn was over one summer in the early 90s when the only swimsuit I could find in my size was a bikini with a relatively high-waisted bottom (I was shopping late in the season).  I like the way tankinis feel like they’re holding everything in place, and I just plain like the coverage of a skirted bottom. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Alyssa is wearing a normal bathing suit. That type of suit is the choice for many secular women and moms. I have personally never felt comfortable wearing a bikini. That is a lot of bare skin to show (for me) and i like the support of a tankini because i have a large chest. I also don't think bikinis are the only type of bathing suit that counts as "normal" 

Thank you. This Unitarian has never worn a bikini in her life. Its Tankinis for me.

• Upvote 9

My personal guess is that Alyssa does wear a bikini occasionally but not when her in-laws are around (she’s traveling with two other couples from John’s family) and she doesn’t post it on social media.

But even if we assume she doesn’t, that’s up to hear. She really doesn’t seem to suffer from clothing restrictions (I don’t snark but am happy she left the frumper days behind her) so I believe every choice she now makes regarding her appearance is her own. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 9

On 12/15/2019 at 2:20 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Reveal hidden contents

FF585A63-E754-4DC3-8A93-9D0792B03708.thumb.png.2bcf9b1eba16efc2b699ec859178a97e.png

Reveal hidden contents

528F70A2-90A3-41E2-9AC2-DE7EB79E8080.thumb.png.a84a39dbcaacbf6d4ad21e96ae2118bd.png

Meh. It's not necessarily true. Not everyone wants to wear a bikini or finds them attractive or comfortable. I think if Alyssa wanted to wear one, she would.  I don't get why it's automatically assumed everyone wants to run around the beach half naked. I grew up in a much better beach part of Florida than Alyssa and there were plenty of us who wore less revealing swim clothing because it was more comfortable and we lived on the beach.

• Upvote 15

I have spent my entire life in California and, when I was younger I would spend practically the entire summer at the beach or public pool. Even though I was much more slender then, i never wore a bikini nor did I want to do so. I always wore a one-piece because that’s what I wanted to wear and what I felt comfortable wearing. I now wear tankinis and board shorts because that’s what I like now. Not sure why it’s a big deal Alyssa may or may not wear a bikini. It’s not like she is out swimming in a floor length jean skirt. She is wearing something so perfectly normal for the pool/beach that no one would even give her second thought if they saw her. 

• Upvote 10

I think based on the earlier photo she showed of her in the low-cut dress with a hint of a bathing suit showing through - she's either wearing a bikini or a lower cut tankini top. Honestly, as a mom I wear tankinis because I'm self conscious of my stomach....and I've only had one kid. Obviously we all know Alyssa is tiny for having 3 little kids back to back, but that doesn't mean she might not be self conscious of how her stomach looks. Also, I don't think in a million years we'd see her post a bikini pic on social media even if she DOES wear them.

• Upvote 7

Since having children I only wear tankinis. Even if I was thin like Alyssa, I still might be selfconscious of stretch marks or a mommy pooch. Some women are confident in bikinis regardless of their body size, while others not so much. Her swimsuit looked pretty typical of what I see in stores.

• Upvote 4

I've never had any children and I've always used one-pieces, they're just more comfortable to me even though it's not really a self-conscious thing cause I have a few that are thongs... One-pieces are just way more comfortable to be honest and tankinis are too.

She looks great and I hope she is comfortable wearing whatever she wants.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic