IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

15 hours ago, llucie said:

Alyssa heart surgery seem to have worked and her heart is healling, hopefully the shortness of breath is nothing to worry either.

This really is a bummer, even if it has nothing to do with her heart. Alyssa seems to have a rather fragile health considering how young she is. Hopefully the shortness of breath is taken care of soon. I had it for a couple of days this summer while dealing with a fever and it sucked. It was the most annoying part of the whole sickness. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

This really is a bummer, even if it has nothing to do with her heart. Alyssa seems to have a rather fragile health considering how young she is. Hopefully the shortness of breath is taken care of soon. I had it for a couple of days this summer while dealing with a fever and it sucked. It was the most annoying part of the whole sickness. 

Shortness of breath can be a really scary symptom to experience, for her sake I hope it's something they can deal with quickly (or manage well).

I agree with you about her health seeming fragile; hopefully she's not paying the price now, for a less than nutritionally adequate childhood!

• Upvote 5

My bout of shortness of breath this fall was due to being pregnant... Hopefully for her it is just a slight chest infection or stress (or a pregnancy, IF she wants it).

• Upvote 4

The Websters did a mix and match theme this week.  As for the benefactor who provides these dresses, it must be hundreds per month and she's been doing it for awhile.  A fan gift here and there would be more of the norm, but 4 dresses every week indefinitely? I know it's been mentioned before, but I wonder how much longer the fan plans to do this, and if she made a bussiness deal with Alyssa (for ex, I'm going to open an online clothing store and use your family pics as advertising, and you'll advertise me to your fans)

Screenshot_20191223-115420_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 2

Satin is such an unforgiving fabric to work with. Back in my dress making days, I avoided satin like the plague.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Deleorean88mph said:

The Websters did a mix and match theme this week.  As for the benefactor who provides these dresses, it must be hundreds per month and she's been doing it for awhile.  A fan gift here and there would be more of the norm, but 4 dresses every week indefinitely? I know it's been mentioned before, but I wonder how much longer the fan plans to do this, and if she made a bussiness deal with Alyssa (for ex, I'm going to open an online clothing store and use your family pics as advertising, and you'll advertise me to your fans)

She actually tagged the place she got these from and it wasn’t the fan that has been providing them with dresses this time. I do agree though that I don’t know how the fan has the money to just fork over for someone she doesn’t even know. I’ve also wondered about if the woman owns a shop but if she does, then why wouldn’t Alyssa just tag the shop instead of the person?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

And I’d be kind of creeped out after awhile with that kind of attention from a random fan. I’m hope it’s marketing related which feels more normal!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Absolutely BEC comment, but Alyssa and her girls dressed way better back in the days when she purchased the outfits herself. Many of the gift dresses do not properly fit all the girls, often are too long, etc. What is the point in wearing brand new dresses if do not look nice?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Absolutely BEC comment, but Alyssa and her girls dressed way better back in the days when she purchased the outfits herself. Many of the gift dresses do not properly fit all the girls, often are too long, etc. What is the point in wearing brand new dresses if do not look nice?

It’s like she’s starting to be like Jill Rod! Making her daughters wear I’ll fitting clothing so they can all “match.”

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

This weeks satin ones don’t fit well either. She must spend all her time shopping...

• Upvote 2

Hmmm....Alyssa had a story posted about the Webster Air Conditioning Company holiday party and it looked like there was a glass of wine in front of her- I saw it maybe half an hour ago and it had been posted recently....but I just checked and all her stories are gone! John has a photo on his Instagram and it certainly looks like red wine! 

Edited by therulesofjinx
Further info
  • Upvote 1

There are blue glasses in front of everyone, including the kids. Since there's no food, my guess is that those are the water glasses.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 12/22/2019 at 7:39 PM, PurpleCats said:

Could it possibly be a symptom of anxiety? Like maybe she’s having panic attacks and doesn’t recognize what they are.

The mix of heart issues and shortness of breath brings concerns of Pulmonary Hypertension to me. Most cardiologists take forever to diagnose it as it’s not that common.

hopefully not the case for her 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

This weeks satin ones don’t fit well either. She must spend all her time shopping...

Satin ones were a gift, too. But in this case, I think she was advertising a store. She has never advertised Bates Sisters Store, though.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's strange to me.  I know if my sister had an online store, I would do whatever I could to support and help her.  At the very least a couple of "check out my sisters' store" posts on social media.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20191223-192358.thumb.png.943ceedd2bc4824081d482f6cb572466.png

Screenshot_20191223-192536.png.9d561bf716ae04ad12aebd92c53ab7a4.png

Good for her! ???

I just saw in a comment that someone praised her for drinking wine and she replied with “I do not drink” so I guess that’s not wine? Sure looks like it though. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I just saw in a comment that someone praised her for drinking wine and she replied with “I do not drink” so I guess that’s not wine? Sure looks like it though. 

Maybe it's more in front of John than her?

• Upvote 3

She could very well be having panic attacks and not know it for two reasons: a. Doctors will look at heart related issues bc she’s already had problems b. Mental health isn’t a thing for fundies so they’ll choose to look for physical reasons

But she’s put a lot of pressure on herself with these non stop “perfect family” photos—always looking cute, happy, thin, smiling, dresses to match, hair, shoes—day after day after day. Then to be part of a political family where public look always matters, a TV family where looks always matter, and a religion where the woman must always look good for her husband.....god I’m having a panic attack just thinking about the pressure day in and day out. There’s no room for just being “regular”, let alone having a bad day, or maybe let a Sunday go by without the photo op? Go to church, worship, go home. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

To me it looks like it could belong to the man behind her.... Is that her father in law? I know I typically place my drink too the right of me, but maybe he's left handed? Regardless she's denying it, so probably not worth over speculating. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

To me it looks like it could belong to the man behind her.... Is that her father in law? I know I typically place my drink too the right of me, but maybe he's left handed? Regardless she's denying it, so probably not worth over speculating. 

Daniel Webster is more fundilicious than Gil. His church opposes “vices” and he has built his political image on being more Jesus than thou. I would be surprised if it was his. It is a weird angle so maybe the guy next to him.

Considering Alyssa’s surgery, I am not sure why her drinking should be celebrated.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 5

I wondered based on her position if that was someone else’s seat and she just sat in it for the photo.

• Upvote 2

I just say it: those dresses are ugly and look like fast sewn together for cheap money. Satin fabric, unflattering cut and ill fitting and who thought gold satin is a great idea?- there is just nothing I like  to look at.
I don’t think she actually picked them herself because they are quite different from her usual style. 

I don’t get why anyone would congratulate someone on social media for eating/drinking certain things or wearing pants or a bikini (if it is not presented as weight loss goal or something).

I don’t know if alcohol is safe with her medication but even if- those people don’t use birth control (as far as we know). I’d rather see them be anti alcohol when they spend their most time pregnant or actively trying to conceive every cycle (I guess they could drink from period to ovulation). 

• Upvote 8

On 12/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, Deleorean88mph said:

I love Allie's facial expression. "If I close my eyes and wish hard, maybe I won't be wearing this monstrosity."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic