IGNORED

Botkin Alert. They are back on the conference circuit!

Palimpsest

Just came across this on Amazon: Training Dominion-Oriented Daughters, Geoffrey Botkin (Actor!), Nathaniel Darnell (Director!) 

It's from back in the VF days.  It has one review and the cover (sadly) shows a little girl carrying  a  tall stack of folded laundry that partially obscures her face, which pretty much says it all: in reality, domionists see the role of woman as household drudges without their own identity.  

Product description on Amazon: 

How do you teach a shy daughter to go outside of herself? What kind of toys should you give your girls? What examples of regal conduct should you put before them to emulate? Is it wise to foster romanticism or sentimentalism in your daughters? What sort of academic priorities should you set for your girls? What about hobbies?

In Training Dominion-Oriented Daughters, Christian worldview teacher Geoff Botkin shares how his wife Victoria and he have sought to answer these questions, offering a personal glimpse into their own daughter-training experiences. Geoff explains that, even amidst perilous times, daughters can be encouraged to look and smile at the future as they prepare for service in God s kingdom.

Spoiler: we know how their daughter training worked out. 

Edited by Howl
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 8

I wonder if this project was done when Natty tried and failed to court the Botkinettes?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

I wonder if this project was done when Natty tried and failed to court the Botkinettes?

Ooooh, interesting speculation! 

• Upvote 4

On 5/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Is Mrs Botlin older than her husband?Saw recent pictures and he's actually looking fit and well. Doesn't appeared to have changed much over the years. Feel bad for his daughters. What exactly do they do now? Must be still living off their old books and videos.

She's a year younger, if memory serves.  Just as Geoff wandered off as she nearly bled out after delivering Anna Sophia (he had to pray over the baby's ovaries), her health might have taken second place to Geoff's.  My ticket to this ISB route? Well: In recent years, she seemed to be without one upper incisor (or it was badly broken) and for what seemed like a very long time, for photos she smiled demurely, lips closed, until she could get the tooth fixed.  Gaps in the smile: not cute on NHL players, much lest a mother of many.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:28 PM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

For those new to Botkinland, the story is that Nathaniel came sniffing around and when Geoff asked him whether he wanted to court Anna S. or Elizabeth,  Nat replied that either would do.

Every time I think of this story - every blessed time - I hear The Lovin' Spoonful in my head for half a day:

"Sometimes you really dig a girl, the moment you kiss her, and then you get distracted by her older sister.

When in walks their father, and takes you in line, and says, 'Better go home, son, and make up your mind.

Then you be you better finally decide! Say yes to one, and let the other one ride.

There's so many changes, and tears you must hide. Did you ever have to finally decide?"

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 4

Aaaaand thanks for the earworm...I think. :pb_lol:

• Haha 2

I can't find the original post, but my favorite explanation of Vicky Botkin was from an FJer who theorized that Geoff was Dorian Gray, only with a wife to do all of his aging for him, instead of a portrait.

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Let me riff a few minutes on Geoff's blog post ranting about the awfulness of red flag laws --  the broadest description: red  flag laws allow law enforcement to remove guns from those who are deemed a danger to themselves or others.   I got about five sentences into Geoff's blather and had to stop.  I don't know, maybe he addressed domestic violence but I doubt it. 

These jackwagon ass hat nincompoops are (supposedly) all about protecting the wimmin.  T-Rex Lucas says that his his gun fetish is really about being a protector.  

In domestic violence situations, red flag laws can protect women from violent men threatening their well being, their lives and the lives of their children and (possibly) in laws and others.   But I'm sure that would never cross Geoff's mind, because really, what could possibly be worse than a man separated from his gun? 

My feelings about this have intensified since reading No Visible Bruises: What We Don’t Know About Domestic Violence Can Kill Us by Rachel Louise Snyder.  There are benchmark events on the domestic violence continuum that clearly indicate who is likely to progress to murder or even become a family annihilator; red flag laws can at least remove weapons from those identified as heading for the worst outcome. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 15

Geoff's points are:

1. there should be no anti-gun laws ever because we have the inalienable right to have the same weapons as the government because it's our duty to stop tyrants

2. Red Flag laws purport to be about taking guns from the mentally unstable, but people who are out to get us could use it to seize all our weapons without a hearing or even much proof and they we'd have to prove ourselves fit to get our weapons back

3. Americans use firearms to successfully stop a crime every 13 seconds.  (No reference is given for this statistic, nor is there any comparison to the amount of crimes that aren't stopped, or any consideration as to whether the crimes would have been stopped without firearms, or whether the presence of Red Flag laws would have impacted those statistics in any meaningful way.  Also I'd really like to hear how many crimes the Botkin family has stopped with their firearms.  I'm guessing between zero and 0.)

4. The Congressional Militia act of 1792 armed every man aged 18-45 so the founders totally wouldn't support Red Flag laws, which require Americans to inform on their neighbors to strip basic rights from them.  Basic rights!

5. Legislators cannot touch or infringe our constitutional rights to have whatever weapons we say we need because they're GOD GIVEN RIGHTS!

6. We don't really need Red Flag laws because in 2017 nearly twice as many people were murdered in Chicago than died in mass shootings, and six of seven times the number murdered by random psychos mass-shooters.  (i.e. we shouldn't do anything to stop some deaths because more people die other ways)

He didn't address domestic violence.

• Thank You 12

Oh my goodness, @CyborgKin, thanks for "biting the bullet" and reading through it!  Two things stand out. 

Gawd given right, because of course it is.  Which is just crazy on the face of it, but oh well.  Jesus would have been totes open carry and assault rifle.  Wait, wasn't that the Romans?  Moving right along. 

As usual, not addressing the first part of the 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 

No one in  Bot-borg or Bot-borg adjacent would ever do something crazy like join the Army Reserves or National Guard, much less a full-time branch of the military, probably because it's no longer the sole province of manly men and is now infested with women in leadership positions wearing (I am NOT making this up) pants! 

Also, the ownership and storage of private weapons has been tightly regulated in the military, but a quick google search shows that this is now all over the place, depending on the base, whether the soldier lives on base, what state regulations are, what Federal laws have subsequently been enacted and so on.  There's a push-pull that goes on between GUNS! and too many military suicides.  

• Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, Howl said:

No one in  Bot-borg or Bot-borg adjacent would ever do something crazy like join the Army Reserves or National Guard, much less a full-time branch of the military, probably because it's no longer the sole province of manly men and is now infested with women in leadership positions wearing (I am NOT making this up)

And don’t forget Teh Gayz!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

And don’t forget Teh Gayz!

Zounds, how could I have overlooked that! 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Howl said:

As usual, not addressing the first part of the 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 

And, of course, not mentioning that the provision for a 'well-regulated militia' was established so white men could put down slave revolts and incursions of Native Americans who were tired of white people breaking treaties. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 5/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, MamaJunebug said:

For those new to Botkinland, the story is that Nathaniel came sniffing around and when Geoff asked him whether he wanted to court Anna S. or Elizabeth,  Nat replied that either would do.

Every time I think of this story - every blessed time - I hear The Lovin' Spoonful in my head for half a day:

"Sometimes you really dig a girl, the moment you kiss her, and then you get distracted by her older sister.

When in walks their father, and takes you in line, and says, 'Better go home, son, and make up your mind.

Then you be you better finally decide! Say yes to one, and let the other one ride.

There's so many changes, and tears you must hide. Did you ever have to finally decide?"

Or this song , by The Monkees .  

Spoiler

Or he could just become FLDS , and not have to decide after all .  And the Botkin sisters would then be sister wives as well . 

Spoiler

Just kidding , sort of .   :smiley-signs136:

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Not being one to waste a crisis, Geoff Botkin sent out a mass email to the troops, calling them to action:

1807765798_GeoffBotkinStandsUp.thumb.png.1ae54006ec26e9d5f7a65b8b09b66c9d.png

It may be a new website but it looks like the same old Geoff Botkin shit.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 10

The Return of the Return of The Botkins!  (well, of Geoff)

Geoff's decided it's finally time to be cool with the kids and has a brand new Youtube presence!

He currently has seven videos up including finally weighing in on Current Events in his 'podcast' which despite only coming into existence a few hours ago already has three episodes:

He also allegedly has a website: geoffreybotkin.com but it's not actually functional yet.

I haven't had time to watch any of it yet.  I posted as soon as I heard about it cos I didn't want to get scooped this time.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

First, I can't even with these self anointed leaders. He's def one of these gas bags who is a legend in his own mind because he's the center of his own very tiny world. 

I might have to listen/watch one of the podcasts so I can do a "rate his bookshelf" or "rate his room."  This is a thing on twitter that's popped up to critique backgrounds because so many talking heads are broadcasting/being interviewed from a home office  or other parts of the house. These are just three accounts: 

• The Bookshelf @Bookshelfnews
  • Bookcase Credibility @BCredibility
  • Room Rater @ ratemyskyperoom

Just looking at the background before diving into the podcast, it looks dreary and oppressive, not unlike the Duck Biologist himself.  Here are some favorite guys I follow on twitter.  Tom and Phillipe are from opposite ends of the spectrum politically, went to college or perhaps grad school together, banter  happily on twitter and I think it was Phillipe who encouraged Tom to adopt Carla the Cat, who went on to save the lives of the Nichols family alerting them to a fire in their kitchen in the middle of the night. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

Daaaayum, Geoff's list of topics to address is waaaay longer than Jared Kushner's WH portfolio, which included Peace in the Middle East and redoing the US Government.  

Implying that once these young 'uns get themselves made over in Geoff's image and have sufficiently made their wives and children miserable, he wants them to be influential at the local level.  This to me means politics.  Gah. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Howl said:

He's def one of these gas bags who is a legend in his own mind because he's the center of his own very tiny world. 

"Gas bag" is a great description of him. I wonder if as his kids get older they are seeing the man behind the great and powerful Oz?

Also, his head is a perfect oval. Now that I've noticed it I can't unnotice it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

The duck biologist is looking for an entree back into the money grifting of VF-esque fundie life.  He's looking for money and prestige.  He wants to recapture the glory days of the Western Conservancy.

Grifters gonna grift.  Narcissists gonna narssicist.  Geoff gonna Geoff,

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

"Today I launch two free resources on the worldwide web."  Sure, Jan. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

I was wondering when we’d hear from him about this. Geoff was never one to let a good crisis go to waste, as evidenced by his Y2K book. 
I’m curious why the need to start a new brand. Why not just develop this into Western Conservatory somehow, instead of getting a brand new website? Frankly it just looks like yet another halfhearted project to be forgotten. Shouldn’t you still be working on your plan to develop South Sudan, Geoff?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

It’s BRADRICK! all over again as BOTKIN!! (2 exclamation points for being v2.0)

What young man searching for answers would be impressed by Geoff? One of his 3 (?) married sons has done pulled up and gone. His beautiful daughters’ ovaries are doing nothing to produce geoffly grandchildren because of Geoff and his wife looks way older than her years. 

Why would a young man take encouragement, much less direction, from that? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Howl said:

First, I can't even with these self anointed leaders. He's def one of these gas bags who is a legend in his own mind because he's the center of his own very tiny world. 

Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking.  The future leaders of tomorrow aren't going to be flocking to hear a self-important hasn't-actually-been expound forth on the finer points of manly Biblically-oriented dominion building.

Okay he's already got 170 subscribers but those must be his diehard fanclub who get his newsletters.

meanwhile in the land of videogames, Aimbotkin has 6750 followers and spent some hours last week playing Call of Duty

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667429198

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

How have my gateway fundies gotten so boring? Ironically, I do want to move to New Zealand so it’s all come full circle I guess.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

What young man searching for answers would be impressed by Geoff?

What young man searching for answers would find Geoff?? The Botkin family is one you know, not one you stumble upon. And their continual silence over the past five or so years only adds to that. For people who are supposed to be ambassadors to the nations they really aren’t all that well known outside of some very niche circles. 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic