IGNORED

Botkin Alert. They are back on the conference circuit!

Palimpsest

On 9/16/2020 at 5:54 AM, CyborgKin said:

Boogaloo boyhood

So since Geoff is perfectly researched on any subject he pontificates about, please tell me this means that he watched "Breakin 2, Electric Boogaloo."      ?

It's public knowledge, from the Boogaloo's themselves, that that is where they got their name.  If you havent watched it Geoff, you cant speak on it.  ?‍♀️

• Upvote 4

I did not see that coming.  SRSLY, no I did not.  His cheese has slid off the cracker.

Did Geoff post this on his website? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I did not see that coming.  SRSLY, no I did not.  His cheese has slid off the cracker.

Did Geoff post this on his website? 

It’s on his YouTube channel. 

I’m surprised too. He always struck me as someone who is too cunning to fall for flash in the pan conspiracy theories like Q Anon. 

• I Agree 8

I wonder if it's too late for Geoff Botkin to be hired on as a tRump campaign consultant? 

Surely there is some money left to grift pay him for his immense knowledge and experience.

• Upvote 5

Thinking about it, though, the fundies are absolutely primed to believe that Qanon stuff. They’re taught that other people (non-fundie) are evil and plotting against them, it’s not that big of a jump to paranoid conspiracy theories.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

8 minutes ago, bea said:

Thinking about it, though, the fundies are absolutely primed to believe that Qanon stuff. They’re taught that other people (non-fundie) are evil and plotting against them, it’s not that big of a jump to paranoid conspiracy theories.

That and the isolation.  If I remember correctly, most of the Botkins live on a compound. They rarely see people they disagree with even a little bit. One of the sons and his wife moved. The daughters are still there.  @Bethella how old are the Botkins girls?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

That and the isolation.  If I remember correctly, most of the Botkins live on a compound. They rarely see people they disagree with even a little bit. One of the sons and his wife moved. The daughters are still there.  @Bethella how old are the Botkins girls?

Anna Sofia just turned 35, Elizabeth is about 33 (I don’t have her exact birthday)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Well, they are in the 2nd Amendment gunz and more gunz bubble plus living in Tennessee, so probably someone in the fam converted to QAnon and sucked in everyone else. 

Botkins, now with QAnon.   

Good grief.  Rufus help us. 

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, bea said:

The post millennial theology helps as well. I’m not especially familiar with it, but I think it generally involves the world getting worse and worse and eventually some great battle where the church comes out victorious and rules the world. That melds very well with Trump overthrowing all the pedophiles and their defenders (Doug Wilson included?) and ushering in a golden age of peace. 

• Upvote 2

I haven’t even considered Wilson’s politics, probably because his theology is so damn bizarre.
But I can totally see him as a QAnon person. He’d wrap it up in fancy words, but he’d just as paranoid as the rest of them.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, bea said:

I haven’t even considered Wilson’s politics, probably because his theology is so damn bizarre.
But I can totally see him as a QAnon person. He’d wrap it up in fancy words, but he’d just as paranoid as the rest of them.

His church has already taken part in anti-mask protests .  { 

https://dnews.com/coronavirus/second-singing-event-ends-with-no-citations-or-arrests/article_40358372-f823-5f88-9f37-3f9f321ffb3e.html  ,  https://www.christianpost.com/news/idaho-police-arrest-3-christians-singing-hymns-during-outdoor-worship-event.html  ,  

https://churchleaders.com/news/382775-doug-wilson-arrest-psalm-sing.html } 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

22 hours ago, bea said:

I agree. This doesn't surprise me at all. This goes along with their already extreme beliefs/lives. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Throwing this out there -- over/under on when the Botkinettes disappear from view? 

They're now 35 and 33.  In the Botkin world ( I stress Botkin world)  they died on the vine. Well past their sell by dates.

It can't look good for Geoff the renowned Duck Biologist and Patriarch Extraordinarire to have unmarried daughters that old (old in the Botkin world). Especially after touting his perfect SAHD/ courtship model.

I wonder if it was always Geoff's plan to have A-S and E stay home forever and tend to his needs?  I firmly believe that is Stevehovah Maxwell's plan for his daughters.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I agree. This doesn't surprise me at all. This goes along with their already extreme beliefs/lives. 

It’s definitely not a stretch and is completely believable. My mom recently visited and told my mother-in-law all about how “they” are doing COVID vaccine trials on “retarded” children (she apparently didn’t get the memo that we don’t use that word in this day and age). She never explained exactly who “they” are—presumably the same shadowy government officials who run child trafficking rings out of D.C. pizzerias. The next day, she explained to my MIL that the only reason I’m gay is because of the “men in the black robes”—-we’re still puzzling over who or what she meant by that, but trying to translate crazy is much harder than it sounds.

So yeah...I can’t say I’m surprised, given how similar my mother and her brother tend to be in their belief systems.
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, notkin said:

Allegedly, Geoff and Vicki both recently tested positive for COVID.

Oooooh, I'm very curious.  What's your source on this? 

• Upvote 1

Oooooh, I'm very curious.  What's your source on this? 

My mom. I think I’ve outlined above why I take anything and everything she says with a massive grain of salt, but I also can’t imagine this NOT being true. TN is a hotbed of infections lately, and they’re exactly the types to not take this seriously, making themselves prime candidates for infection.
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

That would explain why for several weeks Geoff didn’t post anything but ads for the videos he had already made on his YouTube channel. It’s hard to sit upright and talk for 30-45 minutes when you’re coughing and your O2 is 85%. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, notkin said:

Allegedly, Geoff and Vicki both recently tested positive for COVID.

Well that’s not great since he is definitely high risk.  We still don’t know exactly what was wrong with him, but he almost certainly is high risk now.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Well that’s not great since he is definitely high risk.  We still don’t know exactly what was wrong with him, but he almost certainly is high risk now.

Oh, it’s trigeminal neuralgia. Apparently caused by a bee sting when he was still living in NZ. Again, grain of salt with all this stuff as it’s second-hand info, but that’s what I’ve been told.
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, notkin said:

Oh, it’s trigeminal neuralgia. Apparently caused by a bee sting when he was still living in NZ. Again, grain of salt with all this stuff as it’s second-hand info, but that’s what I’ve been told.

That lines up with some older info that also had speculation with it that part of their move was to get him closer to Vanderbilt.  I had hypothesized it could be for the stem cell research they have done there, and than lines up

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, notkin said:

Oh, it’s trigeminal neuralgia.

I just googled this.  It's reported to cause the most extreme form of excruciating nerve pain, "the worst pain known to man," because men haven't given birth? 

Anyway, obviously no picnic.   Treatments here

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

I just googled this.  It's reported to cause the most extreme form of excruciating nerve pain, "the worst pain known to man," because men haven't given birth? 

Anyway, obviously no picnic.   Treatments here

My sister in law had it when her kids were really young and did risky experimental surgery for it because she said she would rather die in/from the surgery than continue living with the pain.

(She’s recovered to a good degree)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, notkin said:

It’s definitely not a stretch and is completely believable. My mom recently visited and told my mother-in-law all about how “they” are doing COVID vaccine trials on “retarded” children (she apparently didn’t get the memo that we don’t use that word in this day and age). She never explained exactly who “they” are—presumably the same shadowy government officials who run child trafficking rings out of D.C. pizzerias. The next day, she explained to my MIL that the only reason I’m gay is because of the “men in the black robes”—-we’re still puzzling over who or what she meant by that, but trying to translate crazy is much harder than it sounds.

So yeah...I can’t say I’m surprised, given how similar my mother and her brother tend to be in their belief systems.

Here is the real scoop . 1. They are not singling out the developmentally disabled . 2. They are volunteers . No one is being compelled to take part .  While I might not be willing to become a human guinea pig , the risk is being assumed by the participants alone .  And in a way , I feel that it is heroic . I hope that all goes well , for everyone's sake .  {  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/24/uk-covid-19-vaccine-trial-set-to-infect-healthy-volunteers-with-virus ,  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/14/covid-vaccine-experts-call-on-uk-to-back-trials-in-which-people-deliberately-infected  ,  https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/oct/13/covid-vaccine-studies-call-more-black-asian-volunteers-uk  ,  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/20/covid-firm-secures-10m-to-infect-young-volunteers-to-hasten-vaccine  , https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teens-tweens-volunteer-for-vaccine-trials-while-opponents-call-the-move-absurd-crazy/ar-BB1at9Eg?scrlybrkr=bf7497e3  }   P.S.  I imagine that the " black robes " might be a reference to be this .  https://religiondispatches.org/what-does-satanism-have-to-do-with-qanon/  Either that or the habit of certain Catholic religious orders of friars , and priests ,  for instance .   

Spoiler

jpeg

Spoiler

CSsR+%252820%2529a.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic