IGNORED

Botkin Alert. They are back on the conference circuit!

Palimpsest

11 minutes ago, Gothard is a perv said:

Now Trump is being advised to not voluntarily leave office.  :wtsf:

Wow, this reveals the extent to which Geoff is a legend in his own mind.  

Has Geoff thought through what an involuntary exit might look like?

Or does he think that Trump just keeps squatting in the WH, tells Biden he's not leaving and that gets him another 4 years? 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Gothard is a perv said:

UPDATE  FROM Theonomist BunKer  LOONEY LAND, Tennessee

Sir Geoffro has issued another video to Trump and forwarded a hard copy to the Oval Office. I'm surprised he didn't just ride up on a white horse and ask the uniformed secret service to hold the reins while he consults with the president. 

Now Trump is being advised to not voluntarily leave office.  :wtsf:

I still want to know if Geoff actually thinks the president watches his videos. 

• Upvote 11

8 hours ago, Columbia said:

Hey, why wouldn't he? After all, Geoff is the father of the PM of New Zealand!

Oh wait......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

What the hell did I just watch ? Geoff Botkin says that Tsar Nicholas II was reform-minded and Conservative and that his supporters were patriots in comparison to the Communist revolutionaries. 

Lenin, Trotsky and the Communist party were definitely toxic to Russia, but they only replaced another toxic regime, the Tsars.

Nicholas II’s grandfather Alexander II was reform minded, introducing the Duma (Russian Parliament), emancipating the Serfs and seeking a less autocratic regime. Unfortunately he was assassinated, leading his son Alexander III to believe autocracy was the only way forward and so aggressively and ruthlessly enforced a regime of terror.

Nicholas II having witnessed his grandfather bleeding out and then being assigned Pobedenovstev as a tutor by his father to reinforce autocracy as the right form of governance, wholeheartedly pursued it.

This led the Tsar to events such as Bloody Sunday, where he ordered his guards to gun down a large group of old people, children, women and others who were peacefully protesting about food shortages and poverty.

After that came more protests, this time understandably not as peaceful due to the prior massacre ordered by the Tsar. The Tsar then ordered the Army to crush this, but the Army soldiers one by one mutinied, refusing to do so. The Tsar was later forced to step down.

As for his supporters being ‘patriots’, they were the aristocratic elite, a tiny minority (1.1%) who enjoyed luxury and good food, whilst the rest of the population lived in poverty, having to deal with medieval farming practices with no industrialisation, and subject to the ruthless secret police, the Okhrana.

Thus, Nicholas II was not reform-minded but instead an authoritarian ruler, and his supporters an indulgent elite, their pleasures built on the poverty of the majority. Ironically Trump is also an authoritarian ruler, so Geoff has actually just labelled Trump as such himself by comparing him to the Tsar.

Note: I’m not saying the Communist party of Russia are any less ruthless, just that one autocratic regime was replaced by another.

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

On 8/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, thoughtful said:

The VF macho stuff always reminded me of this:

@thoughtful I just rewatched the Fernwood 2 video and noticed the line  "the tragically hip" can sit this one out.

Tragically hip is a much, much older phrase than I realized.  I googled and Fernwood 2 was a show that was on for only a few months in 1977. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Columbia said:

Geoff  probably has a deeply conflicted love/hate relationship with Mike Lindell, the My Pillow guy who's busy trying to smother democracy.  Mike just strolls into the White House and gets an  audience with Trump and staffers read his drivel. Geoff's videos go directly to File 13. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Tragically hip is a much, much older phrase than I realized. 

The Tragically Hip were also a fine Canadian Band, known as The Hip.

Geoff Botkin is clearly delusional. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

The Tragically Hip were also a fine Canadian Band, known as The Hip.

Geoff Botkin is clearly delusional. 

Let's be friends, you and I. I think we'll get along.

Edited by FilleMondaine
edited to add that I was hoping so much that someone would think like me. FJ does not disappoint!
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

What the hell did I just watch ? Geoff Botkin says that Tsar Nicholas II was reform-minded and Conservative and that his supporters were patriots in comparison to the Communist revolutionaries. 

You just watched a pretentious fundy faux intellectual pontificate and bloviate with perfect confidence that he need not consult reputable academic sources, because God man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

Let's be friends, you and I. I think we'll get along.

Must confess here that I did not even know of them (and me with Canadian family!) until I heard their song "Thompson Girl" which was the theme song for a riveting but sad true crime podcast

• Coconut Flan locked this topic