IGNORED

Botkin Alert. They are back on the conference circuit!

Palimpsest

Looks like the great man himself, Geoff "Duck Biologist" Botkin, was in attendance:

1615936371_BotkinSightings.thumb.png.d3642c13883aef857705e6781efc90fa.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I will never forget the time, in the Botkinettes’ heyday, when Anna Sophia and Elizabeth were the keynote speakers at some big shebang and their brothers stood guard outside the ladies’ room so that the hoi polloi couldn’t bother the two princesses as they performed their toilette.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 10

56 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Looks like the great man himself, Geoff "Duck Biologist" Botkin, was in attendance:

1615936371_BotkinSightings.thumb.png.d3642c13883aef857705e6781efc90fa.png

Well, rumor has it that Li'l Lucas' biz is paying the extended clan's bills, so it seems only fitting that Geoff put in an appearance.

Just curious, @hoipolloi - what's the source of this pic? I only found the two in IG...good sleuthing, you!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Just curious, @hoipolloi - what's the source of this pic? I only found the two in IG...good sleuthing, you!

Screen-capped it from the t-Rex IG story before the 24 hours of visibility ended. 

• Thank You 1

So much hypocrisy in so few pictures. The women working outside of their homes... The men and women mingling at work... And pants, pants, pants! 

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

So much hypocrisy in so few pictures. The women working outside of their homes... The men and women mingling at work... And pants, pants, pants! 

It’s pretty easy to throw out your religious beliefs when money is involved.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Screen-capped it from the t-Rex IG story before the 24 hours of visibility ended. 

My mind keeps wanting to edit this to read Knee-capped. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

“My mommy is keeping me safe from the scary minorities and immigrants, since the police always err on the side of political correctness and let them swarm free!”

???

• Upvote 12

Bumping to report a rare unicorn Botkinette sighting - Anna-Sofia, on Lucas' TRex Arms Instagram story.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 10.05.58 PM.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

6 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report a rare unicorn Botkinette sighting - Anna-Sofia, on Lucas' TRex Arms Instagram story.

I feel like "older sister" is maybe an insult? Like one of your maiden aunts chaperoning you?

ORRRRRRR, maybe she is anxious to meet some well-off business person so that she can escape and establish independence in her own household.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Why is it necessary to specify "older" sister? Why not just "sister?" 

• Upvote 15

They're pretty tarted up to attend a CoC dinner in a wee town in Tennessee.   Can "On a Brother-Sister Date" be a post count? 

11 minutes ago, VVV said:

Why is it necessary to specify "older" sister? Why not just "sister?" 

Going out with your older sister is OK; going out with a younger sister would just be creepy. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but he didn’t need to tell us she was older. It’s extremely obvious. She’s beautiful but her age is obvious in that photo. And actually, she might look a tad older than her actual age. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

Maybe he was trying to make a distinction between his older and younger sisters?

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Maybe he was trying to make a distinction between his older and younger sisters?

Nah. They are both older than him.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Wow, first sign of life from a Bokinette in ages. It didn't even look like they were in the crowd for the grand opening photos. Heidi and Nadia were there, but not a glimpse of AS & E.

• Upvote 2

On 11/20/2019 at 4:57 PM, DomWackTroll said:

...and such a tiny number of children God's arrows and why does it annoy me so much that Geoff and his son are both wearing sportcoats*?  It's pretentious to the max & def a status thing.  SRSLY, no other man in that area wears a sportcoat unless he's a dang lawyer and probably not then. 

*Jos. A. Banks lays it out, of course. Sportcoat vs. Blazer vs. Suit Jacket: The sportcoat, the least formal of the trio, is derived from old tweed coats that were traditionally worn when hunting or participating in other "sporting" activities. A bit sturdier than the blazer and suit jacket, a sportscoat retains aspects influenced by its rustic predecessor, even in contemporary fashion. Also, sportcoats are frequently patterned and feature more eye-catching designs.

If you are wearing a jacket with matching pants, it's a suit and you best be wearing an unpatterned shirt and a tie.  Blue, gold buttons? Blazer. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but he didn’t need to tell us she was older. It’s extremely obvious. She’s beautiful but her age is obvious in that photo. And actually, she might look a tad older than her actual age. 

They are beautiful women, and always have been, but every photo and video of Anna and Elizabeth I have ever seen makes them look 5-10 years older than they really are. Even when they were teenagers, they looked like they were in their mid-to-late twenties. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

They are beautiful women, and always have been, but every photo and video of Anna and Elizabeth I have ever seen makes them look 5-10 years older than they really are. Even when they were teenagers, they looked like they were in their mid-to-late twenties. 

It must be genetics because they aren’t drug users, alcoholics, excessive tanners, or smokers. So I don’t know why they would look older besides genetic predisposition. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

It must be genetics because they aren’t drug users, alcoholics, excessive tanners, or smokers. So I don’t know why they would older besides genetic predisposition. 

In Anna Sofia's case, some of it is down to her cosmetics. She looks a lot younger and fresher when she's not wearing makeup. Her style of applying makeup is almost exactly what I was taught to do when I was a young woman- lots of foundation, lots of mascara, light eyelids, dark under eyebrow area, and lots of powder to top it all off. And even in the 80's and 90's it made us younger women look older than we were. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It must be genetics because they aren’t drug users, alcoholics, excessive tanners, or smokers. So I don’t know why they would look older besides genetic predisposition. 

Living with Geoff looking over my shoulder would probably make me age faster, too. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Living with Geoff looking over my shoulder would probably make me age faster, too. 

Look at what living with him has done to Victoria. They're the same age and she looks like his mother.

With Anna Sofia, she has heavy lidded eyes. They always tend to age people.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic