IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

Prince Andrew's daughters Eugenie and Beatrice 'beg Charles to give their dad a job' (the other links talking about this are from the Daily Express and the Sun, so make of that what you will in terms of the veracity of the story).

Ladies, I know he's your dad, and you probably feel obliged to speak for him to some extent, but really? How on earth would this be appropriate? I'm very glad Prince Charles said no.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

37 minutes ago, viii said:

How tone deaf do Beatrice and Eugenie need to be? His time is DONE and rightfully so. 

Exactly. Riding the ISB, I wonder if the conversation was more along the lines of "Uncle Charles, we promised dad we'd speak to you about him getting his titles and ranks back and resuming his royal duties. We completely understand that this isn't possible, but you know, he just doesn't get it for some reason. So now we can say we've asked, thank you."

Because it seems quite plain to me that Andrew Just Doesn't Get It (for whatever reason), but I would be surprised if his daughters don't see that it's completely inappropriate.

• Upvote 10

46 minutes ago, rosamundi said:

Because it seems quite plain to me that Andrew Just Doesn't Get It (for whatever reason), but I would be surprised if his daughters don't see that it's completely inappropriate.

The reason is pretty simple - his mother. He's never had to "get it" because she's broken her back bending over for him. If she was a bit younger, then I think he would still have a public role. It's only due to Charles and William that he doesn't. She would still tote him around in public if they'd let her. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Wouldn’t they be asking the Queen though? As much as everyone is acting as Charles is already King can’t make those decisions. 

Really  just sounds like the papers are trying to get head lines. B&E aren’t stupid… they well know daddy has ruined his future, put their family and beloved granny through the wringer and they aren’t even officially Royal with no apparent closeness to Charles anyone has ever noticed. 

Even if they lost their damn minds and thought pleading would work their husbands are shrewd   Very successful business men who might feel Andrews taint might get to them eventually and would want to steer clear so Brooks Bank and Mapelli Mozzi would prevent such foolishness I believe. 

• Upvote 1

I know Charles isn't King yet but I do think he makes a lot more decisions than we realize. And I definitely think that Charles and William stepped in and had discussions with the Queen to bring her around to their (rightful) way of thinking. Andrew is a huge liability but she doesn't care. She has shown that time and time again. Without Charles' efforts, we would 100% see a lot more of Andrew. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I agree that the queen likely is withdrawn from a lot of daily minutiae by now.

But I am not sure I believe Andrew's children would want him to have a more public role. I'm sure they'd be happy if he was exonerated and vindicated and crowned as the king of virtue and glory. But as long as he's under the  black cloud, it seems like  it would make Beatrice and Eugenie's life simpler as well if dear old daddy lived a quiet life under a rock and the press mentioned him as little as possible.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I know  know but if she really put her foot down on a matter there is only so much Charles Let alone  William can do. Unless they really was to go behind her back and maneuver which is a whole other can of worms. 

• Upvote 1

I may be heading toward conspiracy theory land, but I believe a lot of the real reason for William to move to 10 minutes walk to the Queen is to keep an eye on how much time Andrew spends with her and to counter Andrew's influence.  If William is seen at the castle every day even for a short period of time, the "men in grey" will clue him in on what needs to be countered.  At 96 she definitely needs a family member checking on her regularly and that should not be Andrew.  Charles wouldn't want to move and it would be too obvious if he did.  William had sufficient cover for the move and can be more covert about it.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Good. York is a beautiful old city. No need to be connected to that bafoon 

It is. I grew up on the North east coast of England and York was one of those places it was easy to get a bus or train trip to. Spent may days wondering around the city.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I may be heading toward conspiracy theory land, but I believe a lot of the real reason for William to move to 10 minutes walk to the Queen is to keep an eye on how much time Andrew spends with her and to counter Andrew's influence.  If William is seen at the castle every day even for a short period of time, the "men in grey" will clue him in on what needs to be countered.  At 96 she definitely needs a family member checking on her regularly and that should not be Andrew.  Charles wouldn't want to move and it would be too obvious if he did.  William had sufficient cover for the move and can be more covert about it.  

Checking on her, why exactly? William is not a doctor. What is he going to do, really? Do people really check on their 96 year old relatives every day? Why not just call? Or talk to the many people who are around the queen every day--doctors, friends, ladys in waiting?

On top of that, Windsor and the Palace aren't that far apart. William has plenty of cars and drivers. He can get there quite easily from his original home, the one he spent millions renovating and has now essentially abandoned.

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 6

13 hours ago, rosamundi said:

This is the problem with raising people without any boundaries.  They bump up against the boundary of the law.

Even if a royal parent tries set limits with their children, the child knows better. The world is telling him that he is special and above the law. So they  are surprised when they are actually held accountable for something. That's why Andrew Doesn't Get It.

It was OK for him to hit footmen at 6. There was little the footman could do about it. Now at 61, he expects that assaulting a girl is equally OK, and he's surprised that the girl can do something about it.

This has been the message he's received since birth, and it's a destructive one. Look at the seating at the Jubilee, for example. Was the front row reserved for the children of the audience, no matter who they were, so they could see better?

No, it was reserved for the senior royals. Less important kids sat in back, and it didn't matter if they were too short to see over the grownups. The kids in the front row (the Cambridge kids) knew they had the best seats, and that they hadn't done anything to deserve them. They were absorbing the message they were better than the kids behind them,  simple because they were born that way. It's a terrible message for kids!

• Move Along 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Checking on her, why exactly? William is not a doctor. What is he going to do, really? Do people really check on their 96 year old relatives every day? Why not just call? Or talk to the many people who are around the queen every day--doctors, friends, ladys in waiting?

Yes people check in with their elderly relatives daily.  It's a kindness.  You're really have to reach for your hatred.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Yes. Yes, they do. ALL THE TIME. Except, apparently, people like you. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Do people really check on their 96 year old relatives every day?

Yes. My grandma died in June and since then, I have been having dinner with my grandpa 5 times a week, my uncle the other two days. He is not used to being on his own - they were married when he was 19 and he is now 83. He doesn't know a life without her and because I love him, and I loved her, I take care of him. He's family. It's what you fucking do and you're gross. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 17

I'm honestly surprised that some-one doesn't check in with their elderly relatives on a regular basis. My sister's three children manage to switch up  to drive their grandmother's once a month to do the heavy lifting, gardening etc. We all talk, FB, text on a daily basis with our mother/grandmother. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, Manda said:

Yes people check in with their elderly relatives daily.  It's a kindness.  You're really have to reach for your hatred.

Did he do this with his other grandparents? Visit every day, in person? 

Did William visit Prince Phillip every day when he was alive? How about the Earl who was his maternal grandfather?  And his maternal grandmother? Did he visit them every day? I highly doubt it.

I can see checking in by phone, grandson who visit every single day are rare indeed. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 4

His other grandparents? Diana’s father died when William was a young boy and while William was very  fond of Diana’s mother she lived  on a pretty remote Scottish Island. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And it’s different when a set of grandparents have each other. It’s usually once one has passed on that the family steps up to support the remaining one. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

William is great for wanting to visit every day ("You still alive, Granny?").

But Harry was wrong for wanting to check in on her. 

Playing by the Palace rules earns you a Teflon immunity. Wanting to be free and independent means you will never win with the media and royalists.

Fortunately, H&M aren't trying to win with them. It's enough they've already won with other people, many of them quite prominent. Apparently, lots of people respect you for wanting to earn your own living.

Honestly, their live in California seems idyllic. And they dont' have to pretend they are "just an ordinary mom and dad." That must be really draining on William's family, to live in fantastic luxury but have to pretend they are like everyone else.

• Move Along 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:24 PM, viii said:

And it’s different when a set of grandparents have each other. It’s usually once one has passed on that the family steps up to support the remaining one. 

The Queen is rarely alone. Royal servants have confirmed this over and over again. There's always someone about. Elizabeth is the last person who is likely to fall without anyone noticing.

The other 90-somethings in Britain need the same sort of care. All the focus is on this one elderly lady, who already has everything and more.

If William loves his grandma, then, yes, it's a good idea to check in simply to show love. But a personal visit every single day? Not going to happen--he travels too much.

If he's doing it to "make sure she's ok", it's unnecessary. She has so many people around her, all the time. I'll be she wishes for some peace and quiet.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 4

I’m not talking about falling - I’m talking about emotional support. Yes she is surrounded by servants that I’m sure she gets on with but at the end of the day - they’re employees. It’s not the same as having your children and grandchildren step up to be there for you. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, viii said:

I’m not talking about falling - I’m talking about emotional support. Yes she is surrounded by servants that I’m sure she gets on with but at the end of the day - they’re employees. It’s not the same as having your children and grandchildren step up to be there for you. 

Yes, of course that's important. But how much of it does she need? No one has asked how often she wants visitors, and which ones she wants.

She has no shortage of people wanting to visit. Everyone wants to visit the Queen, as often as they can.  Plus, she has lots of work to do (I am told).  She is one of the luckiest old ladies in the world.  There are 96-year olds with a lot less.

I don't know if a daily in-person visit from her 40-year old grandson is something she wants or needs. Does she enjoy William's company? Is he stuffy and boring, or lively and fun? Old people do have preferences. I wouldn't assume she enjoys William just popping in every. morning at 11. Maybe she'd prefer a massage or watching The View.

I imagine she'd enjoy visits from old friends, former ladys in waiting, and other contemporaries. They are people who share many of the same memories, about the war, rationing, etc. 

• Move Along 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic