IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

The Queen and her Husband raised four children and made a lot of mistakes and it’s been showing. But then so do parents of all classes. 3 of them are not particularly weak, trashy or incapable or stupid and got through their problems, insecurities, dramas and have reasonably settled down.  Andrew was just born a headache… a rowdy headstrong little boy who charmed his mother and was indulged. The squeaky wheel gets greased as they say. While Edward was sweeter and gentler and an easy child.  

• Upvote 4

When the troll lead us back to her favorite how awful the Cambridges are, I moved it to their topic.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The queen's dogs will go to Andrew 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62870783

Good. He needs something to do and the world needs that something to be rather irrelavant to the public. Pretty sure the Corgis don‘t mind and if they do, they are accustomed to biting, I‘ve heard. 

• Upvote 3

On Monday, a 22-year-old man was arrested in connection with a breach of the peace after reportedly heckling Prince Andrew as the royal procession moved along Edinburgh's Royal Mile.

Andrew heckled during procession down Royal Mile

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

Eh. I’m okay with it. 

The hecklers were arrested, like they would be in a dictatorship.  Doesn't Britain have a right to free speech? A heckler like that would be allowed to continue in the US

One was arrested after calling Andrew a "sick old man." Another was arrested for carrying a sign that said, "Not my King."

One of the great thins about the US is the ability to speak even if your speech is offensive to some.

Of course, there are limits (no shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre) but that isn't applicable here.

Andrew will be allowed to wear his military uniform, even though he was stripped of his military honors. (Harry will not be allowed).  Rape is apparently a forgiveable sin.

This is so tone-deaf that I think it will turn public opinion against the Palace. I think the monarchy is trying to end itself!

Charles will probably wear a uniform even though he never stepped foot on a battlefield, with a chest full of meaningless metals. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1

A charming beloved child can get into the headspace of their elderly parent; I saw what my brother did with our mother.  I had to threaten to prosecute him for elder abuse to stop his draining of her bank accounts (she saw no harm; she had money, why shouldn't he?).  I also thought William and his family moved to Windsor to keep an eye on things.  And nobody said William would be dropping in on Granny every day, but there are ways to keep an eye out.  He has three children who his grandmother loved very much, and they would play outside in good weather.  They have started school now, so they are there for the duration; time will tell if Coconut Flan and I are correct in our thoughts.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 9/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Coconut Flan said:

When the troll lead us back to her favorite how awful the Cambridges are, I moved it to their topic.  

Good idea, thanks. I'll pay attention to what thread I am on in the future.

Right now, the monarchy seems hell-bent on destroying itself. They chased their most interesting royals away, and the way they are honoring Andrew is tone-deaf. The optics of him standing at the funeral in his silly uniform, pompous and stuffy, will be very bad for the Palace. It will repulse so many, particularly victims of sexual assault. Is that what the Palace wants to stand for?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1

I disagree with the arrest. Freedom of speech is a thing. Perhaps disturbing the peace I can understand but the man that was standing there with a sign saying “not my king” should have never been arrested. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

The hecklers were arrested, like they would be in a dictatorship.  Doesn't Britain have a right to free speech? A heckler like that would be allowed to continue in the US

One was arrested after calling Andrew a "sick old man." Another was arrested for carrying a sign that said, "Not my King."

One of the great thins about the US is the ability to speak even if your speech is offensive to some.

Of course, there are limits (no shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre) but that isn't applicable here.

Andrew will be allowed to wear his military uniform, even though he was stripped of his military honors. (Harry will not be allowed).  Rape is apparently a forgiveable sin.

This is so tone-deaf that I think it will turn public opinion against the Palace. I think the monarchy is trying to end itself!

Charles will probably wear a uniform even though he never stepped foot on a battlefield, with a chest full of meaningless metals. 

Read the attached link please. One was ushered away. And PLEASE REMBEMBER The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island does not follow the laws and ordinances of the Good Old USA.

20 minutes ago, viii said:

I disagree with the arrest. Freedom of speech is a thing. Perhaps disturbing the peace I can understand but the man that was standing there with a sign saying “not my king” should have never been arrested. 

The person outside of Westminster Hall was ushered away while the one arrested outside of St Giles was arrested. Scotland has different laws in some cases.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Read the attached link please. One was ushered away. And PLEASE REMBEMBER The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island does not follow the laws and ordinances of the Good Old USA.

The person outside of Westminster Hall was ushered away while the one arrested outside of St Giles was arrested. Scotland has different laws in some cases.

NPR, among others, are reporting numerous people arrested, for things like holding up a sign.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/12/1122379162/uk-anti-royal-arrests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/abolish-the-monarchy-protesters-king-proclamation-b2165294.html

I thought the British had the right to free speech. They aren't allowed to criticize the monarchy?  They get arrested if they do? I didn't know that.

39015281_freespeech.png.833e4149a0be9125bcbabfc141e944d4.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

It's been difficult to find any definitive sources on when Prince Andrew is allowed to wear his uniform, but most frequently I'm seeing that he will wear it for the Vigil of the Princes and not for the funeral or any other events.  I have to say, while watching the procession in Edinburgh, I thought it was a shame he was the only person not in uniform, not because I care about him wearing one, but because it made him stand out so much.  Charles, Anne, and Edward all seemed to blend into the rest of the uniformed individuals surrounding them, while Andrew stood out because of his height, lack of a hat, and his shiny gray hair.  From an optics standpoint, allowing a uniform might actually help him to blend better into the background if everyone else is wearing one as well.  He did not wear a uniform for the Vigil of the Princes in Edinburgh, but I did notice they strategically positioned him at the back of the coffin, where he faced away from the mourners filing past the Queen's coffin.  

I'm not sure if this has been explained here, but in the UK you are not permitted to wear your uniform after you have been discharged from your service.  You are allowed to wear the medals that you earned during your service on your clothing, which we have seen both Harry and Andrew do in the last couple of years.  This is different than the US where former service-members are allowed to wear their uniform, particularly for formal events like weddings, funerals, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Melbelle said:

I'm not sure if this has been explained here, but in the UK you are not permitted to wear your uniform after you have been discharged from your service.  You are allowed to wear the medals that you earned during your service on your clothing, which we have seen both Harry and Andrew do in the last couple of years.  This is different than the US where former service-members are allowed to wear their uniform, particularly for formal events like weddings, funerals, etc. 

Thank you. I just posted in another thread about this topic, and said I didn't know the uniform rules for former military in the UK. You've just saved me googling it! ❤️

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Melbelle said:

I'm seeing that he will wear it for the Vigil of the Princes and not for the funeral or any other events. 

Same here. There has also been commentary that he's been allowed to do so with the permission of the King. 

Conversely, in 2021, for Philip's funeral, the Queen decreed that no one would be in uniform. 

• Upvote 3

People.com is saying that the only time Andrew will have on a uniform is for the Final Vigil.  The one at St. Giles only lasted a half hour or less, I don't know how long the one in London will be.  But everywhere else he will wear a mourning suit.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I read that Andrew will be allowed to wear his uniform during the Vigil of the Princes because tradition/custom does not allow a non-uniformed individual guard the monarch. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, SoSoNosy said:

And nobody said William would be dropping in on Granny every day, but there are ways to keep an eye out.

Actually, someone did say this. And it's very unlikely it would happen. 

There are lots of realistic ways to keep an eye out, though.

4 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

People.com is saying that the only time Andrew will have on a uniform is for the Final Vigil.  The one at St. Giles only lasted a half hour or less, I don't know how long the one in London will be.  But everywhere else he will wear a mourning suit.

I guess stripping of his military honors didn't mean much. It's not just the Queen who spoiled him. 

12 hours ago, Melbelle said:

From an optics standpoint, allowing a uniform might actually help him to blend better into the background if everyone else is wearing one as well. 

From an optics standpoint, they should blur him out, as they did with Josh Duggar. Josh watched revolting vidoes but Andrew actually did revolting things. He should definitely be blurred out. He's not a good look for the royals.

12 hours ago, Melbelle said:

Thanks for the info.

But why did William wear his uniform at Harry's wedding? He had left the RAF several years earlier.

Why is Wills expected to wear a uniform at the Vigil?

Also, how can Anne wear a uniform if she never served at all?

Why is Edward seen in uniform after washing out of the Marines?

Also, if the is a commonly known rule, why is there all this talk about Andrew being banned? And why is he allowed to wear a uniform at the Vigil?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 4

The man is Trump level gross. If the royal family is smart they will stick him in at one of their obscure properties and do everything they can to keep him from being seen in public. 

• Upvote 3

They have. For the last year or so He had stayed out of public in his manor And only left to ride with his mother. He has no public duties and it’s not like he needs to shop, get his mail, get his car serviced or do anything pedestrian himself. But they can’t keep him prisoner either or shun him from family events either. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic