IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

Why do Andrew and Fergie get to live in a lavish, overly large accomodation when they don't need it? Especially if Charles is, as I've seen here and there over the years, planning and executing  strategies to "streamline" the monarchy and its cost to the people?

Frogmore should still be quite, even more than, large enough for an aging, fairly non-public couple. 

AFA the repayment for the work Harry and Meghan had done... I don't see why they need to be repaid. 

56 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Why do Andrew and Fergie get to live in a lavish, overly large accomodation when they don't need it?

Because Andrew and the Crown Estate signed a legally binding contract which allows him to live there for the next 75 years. He can't just be asked to leave unless there are break clauses in the lease, in which case either side can inform the other that they wish to exercise the break clause.

Given that Andrew is, under the terms of the lease, owed financial compensation if he is asked to leave within 25 years of signing the lease (3 years to go, I think), there's probably a break clause at 25 years, and then more regular ones.

I'm obviously not familiar with the full terms of the particular lease but under most property leases, provided you pay your rent and meet all the other requirements of the lease, you can't just be kicked out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rosamundi said:

Because Andrew and the Crown Estate signed a legally binding contract which allows him to live there for the next 75 years. He can't just be asked to leave unless there are break clauses in the lease, in which case either side can inform the other that they wish to exercise the break clause.

Given that Andrew is, under the terms of the lease, owed financial compensation if he is asked to leave within 25 years of signing the lease (3 years to go, I think), there's probably a break clause at 25 years, and then more regular ones.

I'm obviously not familiar with the full terms of the particular lease but under most property leases, provided you pay your rent and meet all the other requirements of the lease, you can't just be kicked out.

Whatever the details I am sure Charles is not going to want  a battle with Andrew about a house just now.  With all Harry’s issues and the Coronation coming up and just trying to establish himself as Monarch  he has enough to confront. 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Whatever the details I am sure Charles is not going to want  a battle with Andrew about a house just now.  With all Harry’s issues and the Coronation coming up and just trying to establish himself as Monarch  he has enough to confront. 

Perhaps he thinks that evicting Harry and installing Andrew will make celebrities want to play at his coronation. It's a plan.

23 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Royal Lodge has 30 rooms including seven bedrooms.  The tabloids consistently make the error of listing the number of rooms as the number of bedrooms for royal properties.  

That makes a lot more sense. But imagine having 30 rooms! Who cleans them all? It must cost a fortune to heat. What does one man (and possibly one ex-wife) do with 30 rooms?

8 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Why do Andrew and Fergie get to live in a lavish, overly large accomodation when they don't need it?

Why do they get to live in a lavish accommodation . . . . when he consorted with a sex trafficker?

On 3/1/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jackie3 said:

Of course he has that option, if he's lived a decent life. What is he so afraid of? What secrets does Andrew know?

King Charles should not be held hostage to a pedophile's threats. Or to anyone's threats. A real king would say, "Write what you want, I'm not afraid." 

He’s not necessarily protecting himself, but his parents, his wives, and his children. I have no doubt that the Yorks know some shit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He’s not necessarily protecting himself, but his parents, his wives, and his children. I have no doubt that the Yorks know some shit.

Charles is hiding some things that the Queen did wrong? Or Diana? Things that are so terrible that he'll give Andrew whatever he demands? 

What exactly are these things his mother/wife did that are so shameful?

If this is true, then Andrew has all the power in this relationship.

Edited by Jackie3

On 3/1/2023 at 10:13 AM, just_ordinary said:

No idea how much PA.pays, but if it’s not a family tariff, it would make no sense if Charles has to step in and pay PA rent. 

He pays 250 pounds/week for the 30-room royal lodge. That's $1200 a month. Quite a steal.

Frogmore Cottage is a step down for Andrew from Royal Lodge, he is not being rewarded or anything. Did anyone expect Charles to kick his brother out and not offer another home? Knowing secrets might not be so relevant. They are brothers. To some people it means something.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Frogmore Cottage is a step down for Andrew from Royal Lodge, he is not being rewarded or anything. Did anyone expect Charles to kick his brother out and not offer another home? Knowing secrets might not be so relevant. They are brothers. To some people it means something.

Do you provide a home for your brother? Are we all supposed to provide homes for our siblings? Why can't Andrew do this for himself? Other nonworking royals manage to find housing. 

Andrew's net worth is estimated at five million pounds Surely he can rent or buy a home with this kind of money. He's a multi-millionaire.

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Did anyone expect Charles to kick his brother out and not offer another home? . . . They are brothers. To some people it means something.

Charles kicked his son out and didn't offer another home. . . . They are father and son. To some people, it means something.

I wonder if part of this is Andrew can't keep up the bills

Then added to his daughters are married with their own homes now and perhaps have told him they dont want or intend to move into the place after him. (Since i believe theyre the only ones who can take over for him during the 75years lease?)

one of them is mostly living out of the could try right?

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Other nonworking royals manage to find housing. 

Other non-working royals have housing that has either been gifted by the Queen, or they live on Crown Estates. You have to go past the children, grandchildren, and cousins to find family members that find their own housing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic