IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere. Apologies if it’s been discussed (and please merge if needed.)

I saw this the other day:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insider.com/jeffrey-epstein-prince-andrew-virginia-roberts-court-case-2019-7

Apparently, court records concerning a lawsuit filed by a young woman (she’s named in the article, but I don’t personally feel comfortable naming her here for some reason) against an Epstein associate are going to be unsealed. The young woman claimed Jeffrey Epstein recruited her as a sex slave when she was a teenager and forced her to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Yes we have a thread in Quiverfull of politics but that one is focussed on politics and covers everything Epstein. This one may be more specifically devoted to Prince Andrew's involvement, royal family reactions, British tabloids etc.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Yes we have a thread in Quiverfull of politics but that one is focussed on politics and covers everything Epstein. This one may be more specifically devoted to Prince Andrew's involvement, royal family reactions, British tabloids etc.

Fair point!

• Upvote 2

I don’t understand where the Queens advisors And you know, Top level watchdog/officials were when it came to light Randy Andy was still playing besties with Epstein and  it be became clear a huge  storm was brewing and that the whole RF would and Government could get dragged  in to. Obviously The Queen can’t tell her middle aged son not to be friends with someone but someone should have stopped this in its tracks.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I don’t understand where the Queens advisors And you know, Top level watchdog/officials were when it came to light Randy Andy was still playing besties with Epstein and  it be became clear a huge  storm was brewing and that the whole RF would and Government could get dragged  in to. Obviously The Queen can’t tell her middle aged son not to be friends with someone but someone should have stopped this in its tracks.

I don’t really understand either. I know posters who are more knowledgeable than me have mentioned before that the Queen really isn’t a Dictator when it comes to the family - she appears to be fine with them making their own decisions within reason. But this just seems like such a massive oversight or mistake to make. I would guess either someone seriously screwed up, Andrew was way quieter about what was going on at the time then we assume, or the BRF didn’t give a shit because they assumed no one would find out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

It's possible that like everyone else who seems to think they are above reproach... His time may simply be up.

• Upvote 9

Maybe she doesn't understand the gravity of what her son is alleged to have done. 

Remember that HMQ and Philip began their romance when she was (a very sheltered, undereducated) 13 and Philip was 18... apparently with many of the family's approval. 

It wasn't long before Elizabeth's birth that princesses were routinely paired off as very young teens to much older men. 

• Upvote 3

Phillip and Elizabeth certainly did not have a romantic relationship when she was 13. She was smitten and they exchanged letters but nothing more. 

I do think she knows 50 year old sleeping with 14 year olds for money is not cool. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I believe Pedo Andy lost his UK Trade Ambassador position when the first round of Epstein allegations came out, so there were definitely some consequences. But he could have lost that for other idiocies: it's not entirely clear that it's directly related.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Epstein has committed suicide in his jail cell in NYC, according to the Daily Mail.  Prince Andrew is at Balmoral in Scotland with the Queen. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

Committed suicide, my ass. 

Could be a hit.

Could be incompetence + indifference by BOC staff, something that's a feature, not a bug of US incarcerations systems. IOW, inmate suicides are NOT rare.

Could also be a narcissistic sociopath --  who apparently had complete control for decades over his life and the lives of others -- who realized he wasn't getting out of jail for a long, long time, if ever. 

Whatever the truth, we had better know exactly what happened. Also, this gives me some hope for justice:

SDNY.thumb.jpg.6ce5bfd771fe7bd006b6f2c4c61374d8.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Typos
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2019 at 3:18 AM, acheronbeach said:

Maybe she doesn't understand the gravity of what her son is alleged to have done. 

Remember that HMQ and Philip began their romance when she was (a very sheltered, undereducated) 13 and Philip was 18... apparently with many of the family's approval. 

It wasn't long before Elizabeth's birth that princesses were routinely paired off as very young teens to much older men.  

Good thought, @acheronbeach. Two things:

The queen  possibly doesn’t want to understand Andrew’s actions so as not to acknowledge what he might have done. (Do we know for sure Prince Andrew had sex with underage girls? I didn’t follow his scandals closely so I’m not sure whether it’s likely he did or it’s a known fact. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest though.) 

In Princess Diana’s case, the Queen approved of something similar. Sure, Diana was a legal adult, but a very sheltered teen at the time she got to know and started dating Prince Charles and barely 20 by the time they tied the knot. Her being an inexperienced virgin played an important role and was a wanted “quality” the royal family sought in their daughter in law. So Elizabeth and Philip certainly don’t place great emphasis on independent and mature brides for their son(s). 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Good thought, @acheronbeach. Two things:

The queen  possibly doesn’t want to understand Andrew’s actions so as not to acknowledge what he might have done. (Do we know for sure Prince Andrew had sex with underage girls? I didn’t follow his scandals closely so I’m not sure whether it’s likely he did or it’s a known fact. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest though.) 

In Princess Diana’s case, the Queen approved of something similar. Sure, Diana was a legal adult, but a very sheltered teen at the time she got to know and started dating Prince Charles and barely 20 by the time they tied the knot. Her being an inexperienced virgin played an important role and was a wanted “quality” the royal family sought in their daughter in law. So Elizabeth and Philip certainly don’t place great emphasis on independent and mature brides for their son(s). 

I thought it was pretty telling that Queen Elizabeth's response to the 2010/2011 Epstein controversy was to invest Prince Andrew with the insignia of a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order - the highest possible honour for ‘personal service’ to the Queen. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, VelociRapture said:

I would guess either [1] someone seriously screwed up, [2] Andrew was way quieter about what was going on at the time then we assume, or [3] the BRF didn’t give a shit because they assumed no one would find out. 

My guess is a combination of 2 & 3. 

The 2001 photo of Andrew with survivor Virginia Roberts Giuffre, with Ghislaine Maxwell lurking next to them, is pretty serious shit, IMO. That's hardly the picture of "ships passing in the night" or someone who "barely knew her." I could, however, see him or his minions trying to explain it away thusly to HM QE2.

OTOH, if the above is what Andrew told his mother or BRF PR flacks & minders about that photo, I wouldn't be surprised if they hoped it would all just go away. The BRF has a centuries-long history of pretty awful behavior, documented extensively. The fact that they actually acquired a reputation for staid morality & wholesome family living is a relatively recent phenomenon, starting with Victoria.

There is also the fact that Andrew continued to hang with and/or befriend Epstein for years after the 2001 photo AND Epstein's FL conviction as a sex offender.

If SDNY is telling the truth about their intent to continue prosecution(s) under conspiracy charges, Prince Andrew might want to be very careful about entering the US or its territories.

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@hoipolloi We have the picture of Prince Andrew hugging Virginia Roberts Giuffre's midriff with Ghislaine Maxwell at Maxwell's townhouse, and now we have the unsealed records with Johanna Sjoberg corroborating that there was creepy behaviour by Andrew in front of Virginia Roberts Giuffre.  

Let's put it out there for what it is - there's now quite a bit of evidence that Randy Andy sexually abused an underage girl who was imprisoned and trafficked as a sex slave.  He is filth.  No amount of honours or ceremonies from mummy will distract from this.  

When Charles ascends, I hope the rumours of his plans are true and he kicks the whole parasitic York clan to the curb.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

When Charles ascends, I hope the rumours of his plans are true and he kicks the whole parasitic York clan to the curb.  

If true, that's a big step in the right direction.

Missed this Vanity Fair article when I did my earlier googling. Although it supports my guess that #2 & 3 are significant factors, it also looks like #1 -- a serious screw up -- is part of the mix.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Let’s Be fair. The York sisters are lovely women and are representing the Windsor’s  on behalf of many causes with no official recognition no government money and very little public notice. They are innocent in this and absolutely don’t deserve to be Painted with Andrews slimy  brush. 

Anyway. Count on it Andrew will be protected from any repercussions if not by diplomatic immunity then by his government and his connections. I do feel bad for his Parents, particularly his mother. He is her favorite child  to boot . Must be heartbreaking to know your child turned out so disgusting and immoral and predatory. 

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The York sisters are lovely women and are representing the Windsor’s  on behalf of many causes with no official recognition no government money and very little public notice.

In a way it's sad. They probably have the brains & character to have made something of themselves, despite their dreadful parents and the handicap of being members of the BRF.

OTOH, is being "lovely young women" enough to warrant receiving thousands of pounds of public money every year? I don't know. Not my problem, fortunately.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Ok but They don’t get any public money. They are paid for by their Dad, Granny I suppose and Money left to them by the QM. 

• Upvote 4

My understanding is that they both work, but Daddy forks out for most of their expenses. And given that Daddy gets most of his income from the Queen (other than a naval pension) they are therefore indirectly funded by the Queen from her private income.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

My personal, unsubstantiated opinion on Andrew's interactions with Epstein's victims is that OF COURSE Andrew raped children under Epstein's aegis.

However, Epstein probably always gave Andy plausible deniability -- plausible enough that Andy could deceive himself. They weren't children, they were young women! If he didn't ask for a passport, how would he know she was under 18? And why would he be asking for ID anyways? She's throwing herself at him! Yes, she's definitely throwing herself at him, she's not being coerced in any way. Why would you even think that? She's smiling and friendly and taking off her own clothes! What young woman wouldn't want to sleep with him, Andy, Prince Charming in the flesh? British Royal Stud Extraordinaire! He's every lady's dream! It's only what he deserves, after all.

Andrew's going to protest and defend himself and refuse to admit, to his dying day, that he knew deep down that the things he was doing were wrong. His parents and the Firm's machinery will close ranks around him for now, but I suspect that when Charles becomes king he'll find himself very marginalized -- still protected, but not given access or perks. Unless there's a video hidden away of Andrew in flagrante with a child, he'll get away with it. Mostly.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic