IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

I don't ever post, I'm just a reader here but I just saw this on my friend's Facebook and I HAD to post it to this thread related to her recent posts.

BTW, hello everyone!

FB_IMG_1562949777835.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 29
  • Love 4

I think waiting until marriage is a good thing, however I can't stand purity culture.

A woman's worth is not in her virginity.  I remember disgusting Jim Bob Duggar comparing a woman who was not a virgin on her wedding night to a used, beat up bicycle.  

I realize marriage is not guarantee of bliss, but the reason God designed sex to be in marriage was for our benefit not because our value is in our virginity. Ideally, people in a faithful marriage don't have to worry about disease and can better handle providing for a child.

The laws of our land, such as speed limits, are meant for our benefit, yet our worth is not based on whether we speed or not.  

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

You guys remember Ken Alexander of "Jesus was wrong"?  Or what about his wife Lori Alexander's "Youtube" about all the things she'd have made sin if she'd written the Bible?  

Yeah, well Ken has just responded to a reader, telling him what the Bible should have said.  

I know we have said it a million times, but these two are making up their own religion and trying to enforce it on others, in order to appease Lori's desire to control and hurt other people.  If they can twist a verse here and there to make it fit their narrative, great.  If not, they'll tell you Jesus was wrong, and what the Bible SHOULD have said.

Funny...they claim it's the divine/inspired word of God, and STILL think they know better.

246190721_shouldhave.PNG.2c905a032335cd6e6b582a52a4df0c67.PNG

I can kind of seeing Lori making this face as she tells God what he SHOULD have said.2052051057_freeze1.PNG.f42a1c6fcf346704b60d31509e4ce807.PNG

Here's Lori explaining what Scripture would say "if it was up to her":

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 1

They must have missed Sunday School the day they discussed the scripture on adding and taking away from the Bible.  

Now she's on Twitter telling people not to be racists.  Whoever called her out by listing her racist followers, THANK YOU!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

You guys remember Ken Alexander of "Jesus was wrong"?  Or what about his wife Lori Alexander's "Youtube" about all the things she'd have made sin if she'd written the Bible?  

Yeah, well Ken has just responded to a reader, telling him what the Bible should have said.  

Oh, the mixed feelings!  Ken Alexander is a loathsome...well, insert word of choice here...but Vaughn Ohlman being the 'get the girls married as soon as they have breasts' monster that he is...is it too much to hope for that the result of a cage match would be mutual annihilation?  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

I hope someone confronts Ken on this. I would, if I could actually post on her page. I'd ask him what he'll say to God on Judgment Day when God asks him why he added to the Word when it's expressly forbidden to do so.

"The verses should have added." "SHOULD HAVE ADDED."  Telling God what He SHOULD have done takes some serious hubris. :GRONDE:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Koala said:

I know we have said it a million times, but these two are making up their own religion and trying to enforce it on others, in order to appease Lori's desire to control and hurt other people.  If they can twist a verse here and there to make it fit their narrative, great.  If not, they'll tell you Jesus was wrong, and what the Bible SHOULD have said.

Funny...they claim it's the divine/inspired word of God, and STILL think they know better.

246190721_shouldhave.PNG.2c905a032335cd6e6b582a52a4df0c67.PNG

I can kind of seeing Lori making this face as she tells God what he SHOULD have said.2052051057_freeze1.PNG.f42a1c6fcf346704b60d31509e4ce807.PNG

Here's Lori explaining what Scripture would say "if it was up to her":

Narcissism is one hell of a drug.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I think waiting until marriage is a good thing, however I can't stand purity culture.

A woman's worth is not in her virginity.  I remember disgusting Jim Bob Duggar comparing a woman who was not a virgin on her wedding night to a used, beat up bicycle.  

I realize marriage is not guarantee of bliss, but the reason God designed sex to be in marriage was for our benefit not because our value is in our virginity. Ideally, people in a faithful marriage don't have to worry about disease and can better handle providing for a child.

The laws of our land, such as speed limits, are meant for our benefit, yet our worth is not based on whether we speed or not.  

Hope that makes sense.

I think it's important to understand that millions and millions of people don't believe in the Christian god. There are many different gods that people worship and some choose to not believe in any god at all.

I don't agree with having sex with whoever, but I also don't believe that sex has to be within the boundaries of marriage. Historically marriage was not about love; it was a contract about wealth. The idea of falling in love and marrying is a relatively modern idea in terms of history. 

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

"Mustard."  This amuses me way more than it should!

mustard.thumb.JPG.32cdf202a90e170861516f66fb345f40.JPG

On a serious note, I love how almost every comment on today's purity culture FB post is contradicting Lori's article.  But she's being stubborn and "unteachable" regarding this issue.  Maybe when people tell you purity culture is terrible, listen to them!!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I think waiting until marriage is a good thing

That's an individual determination to make. Didn't mean shit to me. I cannot imagine marrying someone without knowing if we are sexually compatible. Having sex does not make anyone impure. God created it, after all.

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

That's an individual determination to make. Didn't mean shit to me. I cannot imagine marrying someone without knowing if we are sexually compatible. Having sex does not make anyone impure. God created it, after all.

For a 40 year-old woman my sexual number is shockingly (almost embarrassingly) low.  I was a virgin at 22 when I met my ex-husband so he was the only one I slept with until our divorce.  I have been very picky about who I have sex with, but it is a personal choice.  I would never judge a person based on their number.  Human bodies are made for sex, so as long as you enjoy it, go for it!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 7/3/2019 at 1:59 AM, Petronella said:

Commenter Mavey is *so close*. She leads with "And nowhere in the Bible does it say a woman can't work outside the home! I[t] does say her priorities have to be in order!" Which is nicely sane.

Then she finishes with: "Christ, husband then children." God, maybe I'm just tired but I just can't even with this absolute ranking business. What needs to take precedence over something else in any given moment depends on what is happening in that moment, not on some ridiculous hierarchy. If a TOTAL STRANGER needs me to call 911 and wait with them for the ambulance, and that means my kid has to miss lunch and a playdate, I'm going to help the total stranger. Obviously, right? Because the importance of a need matters, the urgency of a need matters. Context, people. To just blithely declare that her husband inherently comes before her children as an absolute is just... *shudder*. Lord these people just want to abdicate thinking and decision-making altogether.

And if I absolutely had to make a ranking, like was FORCED to, I would prioritize the needs of a helpless baby over the "needs" of a purportedly adult male. Like for real, what is wrong with these people??

Also, putting Christ first (like the "Jesus" in "JOY") seems cheap and lip-servicey in that I have no idea how it actually manifests. It's like all these selfish, demanding men claiming that they're ready to "lay down their lives" for their wives, in a dramatic, heroic way that is unlikely to ever actually be needed. To me, putting Christ first means things like doing good, using one's gifts to make the world a better place, standing up for what's right, voting, protesting evil, all things that in fundie-land are too masculine for their precious women. So what exactly are these women doing to manifest putting Christ first?

It's "quiet time", isn't it. They make a cup of flavored coffee and highlight Bible verses and Facebook an inspirational meme. That's it, right? SO GODLY.

PS Why does Lori use "birth control" to exclusively mean the pill? Condoms, people. Diaphragm. There are MANY FORMS of birth control. 

Someone may have answered this already. Condoms are inconvenient. For men, that is. May dull the sensation. And we know it’s all about the man’s experience, right?

I remember hearing it’s evidently a thing for a guy to start off wearing a condom and then slip it off without the woman realizing. How disgusting.

• Upvote 7

Sorry but god didn’t give all women the desire to have children. If that was the case all women would try for children at some point in their lives. 1583980A-EC59-4ED8-94C7-5C64FCD8C83D.thumb.png.bec870a0bf23e2b6bf725d1bb22da02e.png

I never wanted kids, even before I became a feminist. I didn’t think I had a choice, when I was a kid, so I always mirrored a random number that someone else said. My parents wanted for so I said four. The missionaries had eight so I said eight. 

How does Lori know what people are doing with their higher education? My cousins a nurse who works in the NICU. I’d say that’s a great way to serve god and be a light for families. I work at a factory and have been told many times that people can see happiness radiating from me then they ask what church I go to. I politely tell them I am an atheist. Atheist can still be a light. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I think it's important to understand that millions and millions of people don't believe in the Christian god. There are many different gods that people worship and some choose to not believe in any god at all.

I don't agree with having sex with whoever, but I also don't believe that sex has to be within the boundaries of marriage. Historically marriage was not about love; it was a contract about wealth. The idea of falling in love and marrying is a relatively modern idea in terms of history. 

To the bolded, it was about wealth and the woman's virginity meant that the heirs to the wealth were truly her husband's. 

And regarding God designing it like this, the bible has many godly men married with multiple women, or having sex with their slaves. Yes, that's in the old testament, but still, it's the same God, no? Of course, godly women were not allowed the same. 

I think people should be provided with sexual education and be able to decide what works for them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I haven’t read Lori’s purity article but in the comments, she is getting her ass handed to her. Ken as well. It absolutely highlights her very rigid black and white thinking. And Ken isn’t much better, quite honestly. It’s been an entertaining read this morning. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Anyone else believe that Lori was merely a technical virgin when she married -- having done nearly everything except PiV? She does talk about all her randy HS and college dates

Many of the fundie girls in my HS were technical virgins, and in fundies I include the conservative Methodists and Southern Baptists.

Making a sweeping generalization, it seemed that it was the true fundies, the pentecostals , the non-denominational Christian girls who got pregnant and then married at 15 or 16 and dropped out of school, having 5 or so children by 25.

The Methodists, So. Baptists and other mainstream denominations were usually the technical virgins. It also seemed to breakdown along class/money lines in that the middle class and above girls generally did not get pregnant at 16, whether because they played the technical virgin game or because their parents had enough money to pay for an abortion appendectomy.

Just my thoughts on a Sat. morning

• Upvote 11

"God has put into women (before being brainwashed by feminism and our sinful culture) a desire to be married and have children."

LoriLogic at work here. God gave women the desire for babies but according to Lori no mother gives birth and automatically loves her baby. You have to talk yourself into it. I guess the desire for children is just the means to an end, like Lori poking holes in her diaphragm to get pregnant and not have to work. Sounds like the devine plan of an omnipotent being.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 10

4D9869BC-30F2-4A07-B941-DE66E932DD7A.thumb.jpeg.b4ab31750e73b667be394079837bdc94.jpeg

above is why courtships in general fail. It highlights a lot of the problems with purity in general. I was brought up with the mindset to save myself for marriage. Looking back on it my dad may have emphasized it more than I thought. He was worried that if I wore a tampon it would pop my cherry and my future husband wouldn’t think I was a virgin. My mom explained it doesn’t work that way. I never went to any church events or pledged purity. 

Min high school I dated in secret. My parents never told me that I couldn’t date. I never dated anyone great. I had a lot of self esteem issues because of weight. Dating those people helped mold me into the person that I am today. My mindset was always to save myself until marriage so I always told who ever I was dating that sex was off of the table. It was never a problem. I changed my stance on that in my early 20’s. Something I decided to do on my own. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

You guys, the racist shit has hit the fan with today's doodle. The comments are bringing them all out.:shock:

image.png.24eef3ed6edaac39662b1290e5acfa57.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

There are a lot. I will use a spoiler to separate. Lori posting about the song doesn’t mean she isn’t racist. My grandparents best friends was a black couple and my grandma still didn’t trust black people. 

Spoiler

F3CE39FD-F72C-4C87-89F9-72B5F780A747.thumb.png.f4d457d04a9c2fe2420cf233e127e379.png5D653032-3FE0-4C92-8189-7EDD9E54C922.thumb.png.7b80ac673b1b571116356799918dc60b.png21713ACA-2A53-4A24-AA47-3819B578913D.thumb.png.dbe8efd285a88a5ab68f3796da1072e7.png8A11A60A-34BB-4E58-AACE-35C0C2DF750F.thumb.png.8ada0ceee6c973306a807d5ff5cd9516.png2E676E18-E0FA-4226-9A69-E4BA18066742.thumb.png.ebc3796ebd2625b4580a1124422a8de3.png

Spoiler

4D4127A1-2662-45DF-8272-F9E02DCF42A4.thumb.jpeg.5134c1162350493ec7dd21e597b0ae9f.jpeg

The second spoiler is from a different conversation. John the characters in the Bible were all dark skinned or black and there weren’t “white” people mentioned until Jesus walked the earth. *im making the assumption based on the fact that Roman’s ruled during his time. They could all have been darker skinned.*

racism wasn’t an issue then, they fought and hated based on religion. The Jews spent a lot of time enslaved. Incase you didn’t know it John, Jews were dark skinned and the chosen people by god himself. Christianity came from Jews. The ones who decided to believe in Jesus and take up a new more fulfilling faith.

4F246B03-2A9E-4771-AEC1-4C7501503C01.png

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

I don't even know where to begin with some of these comments. This Alexander Schreiber guy...even Ken, who is a racist no matter what he says to the contrary, didn't know what to say at first. 

I wonder what prompted Lori to post this today? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I have screenshots of most of the comments, along with those that “liked” the comments. I already knew some of them were racist. Is there still a screenshot page? I feel like it could easily get out of hand here. 

Edit- Lori’s IG story shows her with a new grand baby- I’m assuming Cassie’s. Yet she and Ken are busy “debating” with racists. Why?? And what is with Ken’s increased presence?

Edited by Frog99
  • Upvote 5

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic