IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I think part of the issue with why people believe and like Caitlin is that she's traditionally attractive. The "halo effect" is a well-known psychological phenomenon and I think it's at play here. If a less attractive, older woman was making these videos, I doubt they'd be as popular as they are. It also hasn't escaped my notice that Caitlin is the prototypical blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty, and I would not be surprised if there's an element of white supremacy and ethnocentricity running through her fan base. She's the fantasy that these Red Pillers have--traditional, stay-at-home, hyperfeminine, thin, virginal prior to her marriage, attractive, and smart enough to espouse her views in an intelligent, semi-articulate, but not too intelligent to be threatening, manner. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-halo-effect-2795906

Oh, definitely. If it were an older, less attractive woman everyone would be rolling her eyes at her. And it shouldn't be-- your truth is your truth regardless of who's saying it! I doubt her fans could see through this even if it were spelled out.

26 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

The only people who are meant to be taken care of and provided for are: children, anyone who is too frail to fully support themselves due to age, illness or disability, and (temporarily) women who are tied down with pregnancy or taking care of young children. Women can enter SAHMdom with their eyes wide open and a strong and wide safety net in case life happens, and the option of changing their minds.  

When you position yourself as someone who needs to be provided for, you give up power and control. (I know, lots of SAHMs are in terrific, egalitarian relationships). Your hard work is building up your capital - financial, social and personal. Is it easy? abso friggin lutely not. It's Halloween, the weather is vile and all I want to do is go home and take a nap before the trick-or-treaters hit us. Instead I'm at work, doing stuff that needs to be done as this is the last day of the month. It's hard, but doing the easy thing does not always equal doing the right thing. Avoiding work is like going to bed with a sink full of dishes: you're tired and you couldn't be arsed but this will catch up with you eventually. 

Also, if you're looking for a role model, please find some strong, smart, independent women to look up to. I wouldn't ask the Red Pill crowd for advice on changing my windshield wipers, let alone general life advice.

Before I forget: the fake 40's-50's nostalgia (it's fake because both my grandmothers worked through those decades) is just magical thinking. Presto, bills are paid, mortgage is covered, you take a nap. Life doesn't work this way, sadly, but people are still trying to sell you the illusion that it does. 

This is so true. I need to remember this.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

Oh, definitely. If it were an older, less attractive woman everyone would be rolling her eyes at her. And it shouldn't be-- your truth is your truth regardless of who's saying it! I doubt her fans could see through this even if it were spelled out.

This is so true. I need to remember this.

Agree. Lori Alexander is in her 60s right? She says a lot of the same crap as Mrs Midwest yet the red pill community isn’t fawning all over her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 10/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Her twitter is really a goldmine of creepy-ass comments.

That's...that's not what she's saying, my dude. 

Holy shit-Braun Heydrich isn’t just a creep. That’s code for Nazi-Braun (brownshirts) are what Nazis in Germany are known by.

Just checked out Braun Heydrich’s Twitter-yup, he’s a Nazi! Lots of white supremacy shit. Is he trolling her or scoping her out??

Edited by Pleiades_06
More info about Nazis
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

34 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Holy shit-Braun Heydrich isn’t just a creep. That’s code for Nazi-Braun (brownshirts) are what Nazis in Germany are known by.

Just checked out Braun Heydrich’s Twitter-yup, he’s a Nazi! Lots of white supremacy shit. Is he trolling her or scoping her out??

I don’t understand how an out and proud Nazi still has a Twitter Page? Shouldn’t he be banned?

• I Agree 6

47 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I just...a Nazi posting about how women will save men of low moral character, as if he doesn't include himself in that description.

• Upvote 4

I do remember when I first started following her, a girl asked "Hey! I see that a lot of questionable people follow you. Do you support their views?" (or something like that) and Caitlin's only response was "No!"

(20 min later- found it)

If she's not into it, she's 100000% playing into their white nationalist fantasies. I have a hard time she doesn't know she's a darling of the white nationalist crowd. I mean- she retweets Stephen MollyNew. Barf. 

If she's not into white nationalism, why doesn't she condemn it? Or like... why doesn't she stop following them?

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 5.09.53 PM.png

Edited by kaluce
added a few words.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

She’s not an idiot. She knows a bunch of her followers are white nationalists so she panders to them. TAM does the same thing. TAM disapproves of Trump but keeps a lot of that to herself because her humpers are full of Trumpers. And she gets a ton of shit from her humpers when she says anything bad about Trump.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s not an idiot. She knows a bunch of her followers are white nationalists so she panders to them. TAM does the same thing. TAM disapproves of Trump but keeps a lot of that to herself because her humpers are full of Trumpers. And she gets a ton of shit from her humpers when she says anything bad about Trump.

Who's TAM ? 

2 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Who's TAM ? 

The Activist Mommy aka Elizabeth Johnston. She has a thread in Quiverful if Snark. She’s big on Facebook and very fundie. Too fundie for many of her humpers. So she hides a little bit of it (like her disapproval of trump).

• Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Activist Mommy aka Elizabeth Johnston. She has a thread in Quiverful if Snark. She’s big on Facebook and very fundie. Too fundie for many of her humpers. So she hides a little bit of it (like her disapproval of trump).

That's remarkable if true , as she wrote an article in praise of Pres. Trump's transgender policy .   For this reason , among others , she is deemed to be extreme right , by this website .  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/activist-mommy/  

16 minutes ago, Marmion said:

That's remarkable if true , as she wrote an article in praise of Pres. Trump's transgender policy .   For this reason , among others , she is deemed to be extreme right , by this website .  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/activist-mommy/  

She didn’t vote for him, but she occasionally will agree with some things he’s done as president. He was not Christian or conservative enough for her. 

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Just reading this and I thought I wonder what caitlin thinks of transgender people or lgbt+ in general, since she is religious I assume she is transphobic and homophobic. Also jaclyn glenn said in her response video something like 'if anyone is discriminated for being feminine it would be trans women' which is so true in society if you saw a women wearing heels its normal but if a man wears heels he is discriminated because a man 'shouldn't wear female clothing'. When I was a kid me and my brother swapped clothes for fun, he wore my dress and i wore his jeans and t shirt, he got laughed at by my neighbours then he ran back inside crying, I was not made fun of.  Not saying discrimination can't happen to woman wearing male/masculine clothing of course that happens (caitlin discriminates against them all the time).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mymelody said:

When I was a kid me and my brother swapped clothes for fun, he wore my dress and i wore his jeans and t shirt,

That reminds me of a book I read as a kid -- We Share Everything by Robert Munsch

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kaluce said:

I do remember when I first started following her, a girl asked "Hey! I see that a lot of questionable people follow you. Do you support their views?" (or something like that) and Caitlin's only response was "No!"

(20 min later- found it)

If she's not into it, she's 100000% playing into their white nationalist fantasies. I have a hard time she doesn't know she's a darling of the white nationalist crowd. I mean- she retweets Stephen MollyNew. Barf. 

If she's not into white nationalism, why doesn't she condemn it? Or like... why doesn't she stop following them?

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 5.09.53 PM.png

Her response is one of the most arrogantly dismissive things I’ve seen social media. “Hi love” and flower emoji??? WTF

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Her response is one of the most arrogantly dismissive things I’ve seen social media. “Hi love” and flower emoji??? WTF

Right?? Most people would answer with some variation of “oh hell no!”

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Her response about the Nazi online engagement was alarmingly curt! Yes, it’s ok to not care who likes your content, but my God - if you’re a decent human being you should denounce evil when you have an opportunity. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Did she read this all the way through, do you think? She doesn’t strike me as someone who cares about or follows the Epstein scandal

E3B497E6-DB62-44D1-84CC-55665AB95F8C.jpeg

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Most people probably don’t see through it, which is why everyone thinks she’s soooooo sweet! ??

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Some “likes” of note...interesting she’s liking a tweet that dogs on Red Pill men. 

B55944EF-8A89-4671-80BE-A414ED9BA6F0.thumb.jpeg.7b27248b88b10eb76183d951a2cdc1c4.jpeg

This one, though, is exceedingly misguided. 2F34389A-509E-4218-8FA1-AD2E2F99E62F.thumb.jpeg.b9377a7bdb092065376611bf5b91e92c.jpeg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Some “likes” of note...interesting she’s liking a tweet that dogs on Red Pill men. 

B55944EF-8A89-4671-80BE-A414ED9BA6F0.thumb.jpeg.7b27248b88b10eb76183d951a2cdc1c4.jpeg

This one, though, is exceedingly misguided. 2F34389A-509E-4218-8FA1-AD2E2F99E62F.thumb.jpeg.b9377a7bdb092065376611bf5b91e92c.jpeg

Wow Camellia is totally wrong. I’m a white woman who grew up working class/lower middle class and I am extremely pro choice because I believe a woman’s body is her own and she can make decisions regarding her body without a bunch of random people interfering. Which means I don’t just support her right to an abortion, but her right to birth and keep that child if that’s what she wants. And if she needs financial assistance after she chooses to have the child, I’m totally fine with that. And I will vote accordingly. 

• I Agree 5
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow Camellia is totally wrong. I’m a white woman who grew up working class/lower middle class and I am extremely pro choice because I believe a woman’s body is her own and she can make decisions regarding her body without a bunch of random people interfering. Which means I don’t just support her right to an abortion, but her right to birth and keep that child if that’s what she wants. And if she needs financial assistance after she chooses to have the child, I’m totally fine with that. And I will vote accordingly. 

I'm seconded this. I'm a pro-choice white woman who has been in some pretty desperate straits because of poverty. The idea of me having a trust fund is laughable. 

Interestingly, in her last video, Caitlin notes that she has some sort of trauma--or "severe mental anguish," as she puts it--which makes me feel a lot of empathy towards her, in a strange way. It makes me wonder if she's sought out a man in law enforcement with the idea that he'd protect her. Ditto with the stay-at-home thing. She may be truly happy or it may be avoidance behavior--or it may be both. I also think it's interesting that she hasn't, to my knowledge, talked about her father ever. Usually these traditional types gravitate towards extolling their father's contribution to their femininity. Still, it's fascinating to think she may have had some sort of trauma that propelled her into this entrenched traditional paradigm.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm seconded this. I'm a pro-choice white woman who has been in some pretty desperate straits because of poverty. The idea of me having a trust fund is laughable. 

Interestingly, in her last video, Caitlin notes that she has some sort of trauma--or "severe mental anguish," as she puts it--which makes me feel a lot of empathy towards her, in a strange way. It makes me wonder if she's sought out a man in law enforcement with the idea that he'd protect her. Ditto with the stay-at-home thing. She may be truly happy or it may be avoidance behavior--or it may be both. I also think it's interesting that she hasn't, to my knowledge, talked about her father ever. Usually these traditional types gravitate towards extolling their father's contribution to their femininity. Still, it's fascinating to think she may have had some sort of trauma that propelled her into this entrenched traditional paradigm.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some trauma in her history. It seems like a common theme amongst people who cling to extremist ideologies. They feel a sense of control and like you said safety after feeling powerless and unsafe. I can relate to that feeling after trauma but thankfully I never clung to extremist beliefs because of it. I suppose if I had been approached at my most vulnerable, I might have been sucked in my some extreme beliefs. It’s no secret that cults prey on people at their most vulnerable. Which is often when they have experienced something traumatic. 

• I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic