IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

1 minute ago, kaluce said:

These look like fortune cookies made of meat. And he's dining with a woman? Who on earth would subject themselves to that ugh

Right?!?! Sweden. Sweden. What is going on????

Oh I bet he’s trying to date a tall, thin, blonde haired, blue eyed Swedish girl. I just have this feeling that Mrs. Midwest and girls who look like her are his type. 

• I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I bet he’s trying to date a tall, thin, blonde haired, blue eyed Swedish girl. I just have this feeling that Mrs. Midwest and girls who look like her are his type. 

Yes, you could totally tell those are his type, and I think Caitlin knows and loves the idea of being a fantasy girl. One time she even posted that she cooked a traditionally Indian meal, and he has said in the past that he is of Indian descent. I think she loves feeding into the fantasy. Even my secular husband would raise an eyebrow if a guy online suddenly started paying too much attention to me, and top of that I decide one day to cook and post about a meal traditional in whatever country he's from. Well, I think Yogi will be leaving Mrs. Midwest alone for a while.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

It'll be interesting to see what changes in his philosophy once he experiences the reality of marriage. Because SURELY, SURELY he's not a hypocrite and he's dating with the intention of marrying this lovely, traditional Swedish gal. SURELY.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It'll be interesting to see what changes in his philosophy once he experiences the reality of marriage. Because SURELY, SURELY he's not a hypocrite and he's dating with the intention of marrying this lovely, traditional Swedish gal. SURELY.

He has mentioned in some videos that he used to be a pickup artist and was becoming addicted to sex, so he is not above dating casually with no intention to marry. However, he went through a period of videos about a "no-fap" challenge and now he seems less interested in  casual sex. Honestly, I hope that he doesn't marry her, for that girl's sake. Even if she falls in love and it hurts her, it's better than the pain of being stuck to the kind of man he seems to be.

• I Agree 5

1 minute ago, savannahhmarie said:

He has mentioned in some videos that he used to be a pickup artist and was becoming addicted to sex, so he is not above dating casually with no intention to marry. However, he went through a period of videos about a "no-fap" challenge and now he seems less interested in  casual sex. Honestly, I hope that he doesn't marry her, for that girl's sake. Even if she falls in love and it hurts her, it's better than the pain of being stuck to the kind of man he seems to be.

I'm being completely facetious--we all know he's a huge hypocrite who isn't actually looking for someone to settle down with. He just has that expectation that every girl he bangs is a virgin traditionalist who is trying to land a husband so she can work on making babies. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He is.

Spoiler

image.png.301c6773668782fdf42b6816f3a83ccb.png

Someone had to do it.

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

EE71083E-D87F-4F72-9812-28DE061FEA07.png

Looks a lot like fried bologna.

Oh, and he meant “falukorv.”

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hane said:

Looks a lot like fried bologna.

Oh, and he meant “falukorv.

Heaven forbid he ask a lowly woman how to spell the national dish of her country.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I now know way too much about Falukorv. It is more of a working class dish although middle class people eat it too. It’s a type of sausage. It is inexpensive and was first eaten by miners while they worked. It’s often eaten with a side dish of creamed pasta (our version of Mac and cheese). Which is funny because we ate hot dogs with Mac and cheese as a side dish all the time when I was a kid. Yogi bear is supposedly super into health and healthy eating. This food doesn’t seem particularly healthy to me. Although I wouldn’t call it junk. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Now for another installment of "waiting for something to get done with my hair and recapping this asshole" with ViolaSebastian. In this very special episode, Yogi really makes it a point that women are not logical creatures. So, without further ado, here are just some of the many logical fallacies present in this video.

Seriously, though, this long hair idea is starting to feel like a mistake.

1. Yogi starts off, charmingly, with "hello motherfuckers...and hello fatherfuckers!" I'm started to wonder how this dude fits in with Mrs. Midwest's ideas about living wholesomely. 

2. Today he wants to take a look at the term "misogynist." Only he says it like "my-sogynist" instead of the proper pronunciation. Shocker, this is a term he hears used to describe himself often. 

3. Apparently any woman who uses that term "clearly proves her stupidity" [1, 2] and perpetuates "my-sogyny." [2] This is because the definition is too broad, so she's just lashing out at men who have criticized her for whatever reason. [2, 5] This proves women who use that term aren't very skilled at logic. [2, 9] So, he continues "this makes me a misogynist according to the definition." Which. Yes. Go on. 

4. He read the definition of misogyny, and points out that hatred and prejudice are two different things. [5] He uses the lame ass example that there's construction noise where he's filming, and he hates that, he continues "you can hate things because they don't serve you." Oh boy, here we go. Buckle up. Men today hate third-wave feminism because it doesn't create the right conditions for relationships, family planning, that is ideal. [8, 9] Things aren't the way they used to be, and you should hate that. [8] But obviously that doesn't mean that you hate all women. 

5. He claims (falsely) that this definition only applies to men. [5] He references the wikipedia definition of "my-sogyny," which includes the patriarchy in its definition.  Women have included this definition because "it keeps women from sitting at the head of the table," which "obviously" is some form of discrimination. So according to this definition, all "Christian women, Hindu women, and Muslin women" are "my-sogynist" because they benefit from the patriarchy. [4, 5, 7]

6. Why do we only call men "my-sogynists?" Because it's used a pejorative used to not actually think about what someone else is saying. When modern women spend too much time on social media, don't have a man (and are thus insecure about themselves) and don't have a ten year plan to "wander aimlessly through their career and their life and relationships, that naturally creates insecurity, right?" [2, 6, 9] Women chase insecurity for a reason. [2, 9] Then he goes back and says they seek out security because it's easier for a man to survive on his own than a woman. [2, 8] That's why "God, the universe, evolution, or whatever" gave men the extra strength, a "lack of reactivity to stressful situations," the ability to deal with pressures so that "we could provide for women." [6, 8, 9]  [Clearly, this dude has never been around young children. Mamas, in my experience, are the gold standard for dealing with stressful situations and dealing with pressures. Have you ever dealt with a kid having a full-on, meltdown tantrum in Costco, Yogi? Ever been up every hour to feed a squalling newborn with your own body when you've just had major abdominal surgery? Ever had an acutely or chronically ill child who needs several appointments a week and multiple hospitalizations? The stress and pressure of that puts CEOs to shame. And I mean that with my entire heart and logical mind] 

7. It doesn't matter how tough a woman is (he mentions female Navy Seals, which, to my knowledge, don't, as yet, exist), at the end of the day "she's a woman." [3, 6, 8] Yogi continues, "I guess according to the definition of misogyny, this is a form of prejudice" because "I have a certain belief, "that, in my view, is factually correct." [8, 9] [Okay, dude. Most people who have prejudices base them on things they think are "factually correct."] And, he continues "this is way that God created man and woman." But, he backpeddles, in this case, "God is just a model for evolution." [8] He likes just saying God nowadays because "it's just so simple, it's just so easy to say" and shows he "supports people with traditional values," who are "the only people on modern society that make any sense today." [4, 7, 8]

8. Okay, back to the original freakin' question, "am I a "my-sogynist"? He points out "there's a woman right there, and another woman right there, do I hate them for being women? No." How is possible for one "my-sogynist" to hate all women? It's not possible to hate ALL women! [So, since I got an "A" in Logic at college, I know that this implies that there are some women who you do, in fact, hate.] They just hate certain things about women "and I don't even think they hate the people," they just hate certain things about women and certain things that make things difficult for guys. He backtracks "and makes things difficult for girls, too." And when you put an emotion to this [wait, aren't we talking about logic, here?], you find out the truth--so really, hating something is positive, because you focus on "where you want to go." So really, misogyny, if it's caused my third-wave feminism, is a very powerful thing "for traditional people, for Christian people, for Muslim people," because it's going to guide us back to "a place of gender roles" which "supports the best life for the respective genders." [4, 7, 8]

9. If he's in a discussion with a woman, "and I am to believe that men are more logical than women," and "that my logic is to superior to that of most women, pretty much any woman, am I going to, with this prejudice, not listen to what she says?" [1, 2] He considers for a moment, "in my personal experience, that's not how I conduct myself," [9] but that he finds, time and time again, that women don't have the ability to have an intelligent discussion. [2, 6, 9] "For whatever reason" women start to take things personally, they feel criticized, and they feel emotional. [2, 9] Plenty of women have told him they wish they could think straight and wish they could think like a man. [9] So when I see that "over and over and over again" he says, "I see that they're wired a certain way." [2, 6, 9] That just means that he needs to "work with his words" to keep women focused on not feeling overly criticized and taking things too personally. He manipulates his words and plays with their emotions and "lies to them in a way" by being more "emotionally intelligent, I suppose." 

10. For a long time, Yogi thought he should talk to women like he talks to men. There are only a few women who can handle being upfront and direct. [2, 3, 9, 10] Some women can handle being up front and direct, but if they are, they're suppressing a part of themselves that is emotional. [2, 3, 10] Over time, ole Yogi here has accepted that this is how women are and that he needs to come across a certain way to keep them focused. [6, 9] "So at the end of the day, the man leads the dance." Yogi feels he has to control things "or else a woman will get too triggered" and it'll be stressful for her. [2, 9, 10] For me, Yogi says, it's a lot of fun because he grew up with a lot of arguments in his family. He grew up on the east coast, where people talk about issues, and he grew up "learning to use his words, to make sense, not just be defensive." [10] This requires a lot of mental strength and the suppression of "that part of you that just wants to get defensive and wants to take it personally." He backpeddles that there are some women who are good at this, even feminists, but "their arguments still come from a place of emotion." [2, 3, 9]

11. So if all of this makes him a "my-sogynist," then "hell yeah," he's a "my-sogynist." According to people who "don't have a brain," [1] who don't see that this definition of ""my-sogyny" is inane and broad, it only proves that people who use it are "complete idiots" [1] who "don't know how to think." [1] He says that it's not possible to have a hatred against all women. Therefore, he does not think he is a "my-sogynist," but if you think so, so be it. [5]

Logical fallacies:

1. Ad hominem 

2. Tu quoque 

3. Special pleading

4. Bandwagon

5. Ambiguity 

6. Genetic

7. Binary thinking

8. Appeal to nature

9. Anecdotal

10. Hasty generalization

11. Red Herring--I didn't put anything because half of his video is a freakin' Red Herring

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

This is a parody of MrsMidwest right???

Hahaha, I think it's more that they're Single-White-Femaling (Married-White-Femaling?) each other. One month ago, Cynthia did a video on feeling shame for being a traditional woman...and then one week ago, Caitlin did a video on the same thing. One month ago, Caitlin did a video about masculine men...and then two weeks ago, Cynthia did one on masculine men. They follow each other (and, interestingly, that woman who lives as if she's a housewife in the 1950s) on Instagram. 

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

@ViolaSebastian, so he says, “It’s easier for a man to make it on his own than a woman”? The legions of 60-something widows and divorcées I know are making it on their own JUST FINE, and mostly—if not exclusively—thanks to their own physical and financial efforts.  (My two ex-husbands died alone at the relatively young ages of 49 and 59.)

Edited by Hane
Damn autocorrect.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

@ViolaSebastian, so he says, “It’s easier for a man to make OT in his own than a woman”? The legions of 60-something widows and divorcées I know are making it on their own JUST FINE, and mostly—if not exclusively—thanks to their own physical and financial efforts.  (My two ex-husbands died alone at the relatively young ages of 49 and 59.)

And the data supports this, too. Widowed or divorced men who stay single live shorter lives in poorer health than divorced or widowed women do, for a number of reasons. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968855/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/elder/9625818/Men-more-likely-to-die-after-losing-their-wife-but-women-carry-on-as-normal.html

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hane said:

@ViolaSebastian, both my exes died within a couple of years of their last (third for both) divorces.

Anecdotally, I see this too. They just no longer have a support system or social contacts, they stop eating well, they stop taking their medication or taking it consistently (in many cases, their wive were in charge of their meds), and no one is bothering them to go to the doctor when they should. All that seems to be a recipe for disaster.

• I Agree 4

A logical issue that I just now noticed: Yogi makes the claim that women are "just wired" to be more emotional and reactive in an debate or argument. So, basically that it's a woman's genetic programming that makes her this way. But then, later one, he admits that he himself was emotional and reactive during arguments, and that he had to practice not being this way. He also notes that he still has issues and that it "takes a lot of work" to "suppress" your emotions during an argument. Essentially he admits that he's wired in the same, exact way he claims a woman is. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A logical issue that I just now noticed: Yogi makes the claim that women are "just wired" to be more emotional and reactive in an debate or argument. So, basically that it's a woman's genetic programming that makes her this way. But then, later one, he admits that he himself was emotional and reactive during arguments, and that he had to practice not being this way. He also notes that he still has issues and that it "takes a lot of work" to "suppress" your emotions during an argument. Essentially he admits that he's wired in the same, exact way he claims a woman is. 

I see that. I think he's hopeless. Except, I almost think if he could find the right woman who was both comfortable in a 'traditional dynamic' but also pushes back, he might succeed. Thap

I don't think he likes unintellligent or meek. 

The problem is a woman won't wait and see through enough of his shit. There's too much. If he could get the woman and then fall into couples counseling? He's so awful but has flashes of self-awareness...

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I now know way too much about Falukorv. It is more of a working class dish although middle class people eat it too. It’s a type of sausage. It is inexpensive and was first eaten by miners while they worked. It’s often eaten with a side dish of creamed pasta (our version of Mac and cheese). Which is funny because we ate hot dogs with Mac and cheese as a side dish all the time when I was a kid. Yogi bear is supposedly super into health and healthy eating. This food doesn’t seem particularly healthy to me. Although I wouldn’t call it junk. 

Yeah , it would seem that YogiOabs is transgressing the dietary stipulations of his own presumed religion .  https://www.adidam.org/teaching/aletheon/right-life-diet  , http://www.aboutadidam.org/practice/disciplines/diet.html    And more generally , many Hindus on the whole are vegetarian .  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_in_Hinduism  

• Upvote 1

She had a picture the other day showing her husband watching her new video smiling.  She is probably reading here and noticing she can't control what we are all saying so she is trying to show that he is approving of her vlogs and blogs.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

WHY?! Lol. Why show us the intimate moments too?!

AFFB2C88-DB6E-43A1-95FA-11A1BD87BD5C.png

Yeah, that’s too much for me. But to be fair, I get this kind of “tmi” oversharing on my Facebook/Instagram feeds with my friends and family. I can’t really fault her, specifically, for being part of a bigger trend of showing intimate, private stuff over social media. 

But, like, seriously girl, I’m happy you’re happily married to your husbear. We get it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2019 at 3:28 AM, Whisperingwind3409 said:

She had a picture the other day showing her husband watching her new video smiling.  She is probably reading here and noticing she can't control what we are all saying so she is trying to show that he is approving of her vlogs and blogs.

I've wondered if she's reading here, or Gurugossip as well. She hasn't been NEARLY as active online as she used to be (not a lot of tweets, can't keep up with her blog at all, etc), and her it does appear that she's trying to force her husband into her videos. It's quite clear that he's disinterested (she rubs his back and he doesn't even turn to face her? He just walks off? wtf asshole. but i digress). 

I would hope that she's beginning to question this gross culture that she's emersed herself into but I highly doubt it. She probably just can't handle criticism so is slowing down. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, kaluce said:

She probably just can't handle criticism so is slowing down. 

I would bet my house that it is this. I think someone said that HusBear used to moderate her comments and delete the negative ones. I doubt he does that now that she’s gotten much more attention. I feel like that would be a full time job. So she’s seeing a lot of the negative comments and she can’t handle it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic