IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

Just now, kaluce said:

Almost 90 bucks to look like a clown. SMDH. 

They are terrible. And the ways that you can wear them are so, so limited. If I were going to go for $90 boots, I'd get black or brown or tan; something that I could wear with everything. So much for being thrifty.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

The other thing I don't get with this chick is that I live in West Michigan and the whole traditional lifestyle thing is so acceptable here it's even expected.  I personally even would prefer it if I have a family though not quite on her cringe level.  I don't get how she thinks she is so revolutionary.  I get the at-home housewife thing might be a bit odd to some but 95% of people in West Michigan would really not care.  It just shows how much she has been influenced by the online redpill culture because locally she has plenty of acceptance but she needs that validation so bad by taking her "message" to the masses.  

• Upvote 17

I’m glad people on here see “Mrs Midwest” for who she really is. There are so, so many comments of people sucking up to her, and many are from young girls too, which is concerning. At face value, the message seems fine, but her twitter, video with yogi oabs, and now deleted Reddit snow who she truly is. I am wondering what other’s thoughts are about her “hiatus” and if anyone thinks “husbear” May have really not been digging her quickly growing online presence??  I just think it’s interesting that she backed down when things seemed to be really taking off bc she seems so attention and power/ influence hungry. I had to check the blog post to see if she really said “folding laundry and listening to the birds chirp.” Just. Wow. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NewMexicoSunrise said:

I’m glad people on here see “Mrs Midwest” for who she really is. There are so, so many comments of people sucking up to her, and many are from young girls too, which is concerning. At face value, the message seems fine, but her twitter, video with yogi oabs, and now deleted Reddit snow who she truly is. I am wondering what other’s thoughts are about her “hiatus” and if anyone thinks “husbear” May have really not been digging her quickly growing online presence??  I just think it’s interesting that she backed down when things seemed to be really taking off bc she seems so attention and power/ influence hungry. I had to check the blog post to see if she really said “folding laundry and listening to the birds chirp.” Just. Wow. 

She’s getting a couple of people questioning her on her videos, probably encouraged by the small but growing group of us who are starting to see her for who she is. She seems like the type who can’t deal with criticism, which is an essential quality of someone who seeks to make a living off performing for the public. I noticed she deletes some comments. Someone by the user name Basket of Dependables had questioned a guy who always comments (O’ssein). Said something like, “I wonder what you are doing here when this is targeted to women?” Well, that comment got deleted. Wouldn’t want husbear to say, “I told you! That’s what I’ve been telling you.”

On her last video, I noticed a few people commented about her Reddit and what she had said about her mom. Surprisingly she didn’t delete those comments. However, I still think that getting exposed, even if to her flock of blind followers, affected her somewhat and she just needed time off from it all to retreat to her world of laundry and chirping birds.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

She’s getting a couple of people questioning her on her videos, probably encouraged by the small but growing group of us who are starting to see her for who she is. She seems like the type who can’t deal with criticism, which is an essential quality of someone who seeks to make a living off performing for the public. I noticed she deletes some comments. Someone by the user name Basket of Dependables had questioned a guy who always comments (O’ssein). Said something like, “I wonder what you are doing here when this is targeted to women?” Well, that comment got deleted. Wouldn’t want husbear to say, “I told you! That’s what I’ve been telling you.”

On her last video, I noticed a few people commented about her Reddit and what she had said about her mom. Surprisingly she didn’t delete those comments. However, I still think that getting exposed, even if to her flock of blind followers, affected her somewhat and she just needed time off from it all to retreat to her world of laundry and chirping birds.

Yeah I'm not sure _how_ she thought she'd get away with her weird beliefs without some sort of backlash. But if she doesn't call it quits soon (one can hope), I think she'll ultimately use any criticism she receives to say "Hey- look I was right! SAHW/Ms are being unfairly criticized by EvIL FeMiNiStS and LiBs for our trad lifestyle choices." and further grow her platform and push more unsuspecting or naive girls into the redpill sphere. 

• Upvote 7

Yes I’m glad you mentioned this, as one of the big red flags for me in especially her earlier videos was her attacks on feminism and just how wrong and honestly uneducated she was about it. She continued to attack feminism for all these problems women are having, which I essentially saw as blaming women, and completely disregarded the Patriarchy as being essentially the umbrella all this shit falls under. I’m not stating the feminism is absolutely perfect here or that patriarchy is to blame for absolutely everything, but it really irked me how she confidently made these statements that were truly wrong and just naive. Presenting one side of things without the history. It especially concerns me for the younger audience because if they do not understand the history of feminism and how the patriarchy treats women, her points seem valid and logical, when really she is full of SHIT. Lol. I almost envy how she can spew bullshit with such a smug, smiling face, and act like she knows much more than she does when she’s 23. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewMexicoSunrise said:

I am wondering what other’s thoughts are about her “hiatus” and if anyone thinks “husbear” May have really not been digging her quickly growing online presence??

I am wondering the same thing. Her husband is a State Policeman. They have rules of conduct

INDIVIDUAL DEPORTMENT Section 4.5 Members shall maintain a level of conduct in their personal and business affairs, which is in keeping with the highest standards of the law enforcement profession. Members shall conduct themselves at all times, both on and off duty, in a manner that will reflect favorably upon the department. Conduct unbecoming a member shall include that which brings the department into disrepute or reflects discredit on the individual as a member of the department or that which impairs the efficiency of the department. Section 4.5a Members shall not make public statements, on or off duty, which show a reckless disregard for the truth

and

CHARACTER OF ASSOCIATES Section 4.12 Members are prohibited from association with individuals known by them to have been convicted of felonies or known by the member to presently be under investigation for felonious crimes, except in the line of duty. Association is defined as a continuing personal relationship that could expose the member to temptations to yield in their obligation to impartially enforce the law and bring disrepute or discredit to the department. Association with individuals in the prohibited category who are close relatives, or individuals being associated with under a department-approved rehabilitation program, is exempt from this rule.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Mr Atheist just dropped a video on her, and it's pretty good (better than Jaclyn's, I feel). Not sure how to insert the link from my phone. She might start seeing a lot more criticism in her comments now lmao. Also gonna be interesting to see if Yogioabs will make a response video since Mr Atheist isn't a woman he feels superior to. 

• Upvote 8

Mr Atheist just did an episode on Mrs Midwest. It contains a lot of clips of her talking and I almost had to quit. Her voice is so annoying. She is so preachy and smug I can barely stand it. Her voice might be tied with Bethany and Kristin for most grating voices.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think too she just keeps repeating a lot of the redpill idealisms that men say they want and what a lady should act like.  I'll be perfectly honest I'm quite conservative and one of those girls who is choosing to wait for marriage for myself.  While I totally support 1st and 2nd wave feminism.  I definitely am not so sure on "some" things within 3rd and 4th wave feminism.(not looking to debate it right now)  I think if she wanted to throw out some super logical well drawn out arguments vs just repeating what redpill men want to hear than it could be interesting.  On one end if she has gone only to Christian school and to a Christian college those environments can be incredibly insulting.  I have definitely lived in those crowds and it takes a few years for some to realize that the world is a much bigger place than just their world.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

Mr Atheist just dropped a video on her, and it's pretty good (better than Jaclyn's, I feel). Not sure how to insert the link from my phone. She might start seeing a lot more criticism in her comments now lmao. Also gonna be interesting to see if Yogioabs will make a response video since Mr Atheist isn't a woman he feels superior to. 

Thank you for sharing that! I just saw it. He has a new subscriber! I still like Jaclyn Glenn’s videos, though, and I don’t know why so many people hated her for exposing Caitlin. Maybe because she was the first to do it. Glad to see more people join in. Notice that Jaclyn said she doesn’t think Mrs Midwest is as bad as Girl Defined.... Mr. Atheist explicitly asserted from the beginning he thinks she is way worse than Girl Defined, lol. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

Thank you for sharing that! I just saw it. He has a new subscriber! I still like Jaclyn Glenn’s videos, though, and I don’t know why so many people hated her for exposing Caitlin. Maybe because she was the first to do it. Glad to see more people join in. Notice that Jaclyn said she doesn’t think Mrs Midwest is as bad as Girl Defined.... Mr. Atheist explicitly asserted from the beginning he thinks she is way worse than Girl Defined, lol. 

I thought that was funny too. It’s all opinion of course. But I guess I can’t quite decide who is worse. I guess they are tied in my head. Maybe because GD has a much larger audience I might have to say they are worse. But Mrs. Midwest is more disgusting in general. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

I think they're both bad, but at least Girl Definded seems more straight forward with like "This is based on a biblical perspective and we're absolutely judging you from that you filthy sinners. Now lets do our makeup in a God Honoring Way".

Mrs. Midwest is more of a snake in the grass- cutesy and "I love everyone UwU" on youtube, But I think that's just her purposefully trying to draw people in before she subtly can start spewing anti-feminist* and redpill beliefs.  

* i think healthy criticism of any ideology is fine, feminism included. but that's not what she's doing here. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mr Atheist just did an episode on Mrs Midwest. It contains a lot of clips of her talking and I almost had to quit. Her voice is so annoying. She is so preachy and smug I can barely stand it. Her voice might be tied with Bethany and Kristin for most grating voices.

I was able to watch it today. I had already watched her video on that topic earlier (Last week?). Her voice and mannerisms are so condescending. Her voice, I bet, is practiced to make it that 'sweet' and soft. Her makeup and hair, I just know that she spent over an hour to get herself to look like that and give herself the most perfect look.

Mrs.Midwest looks like a soap opera actress. All glam, all a facade. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was able to watch it today. I had already watched her video on that topic earlier (Last week?). Her voice and mannerisms are so condescending. Her voice, I bet, is practiced to make it that 'sweet' and soft. Her makeup and hair, I just know that she spent over an hour to get herself to look like that and give herself the most perfect look.

Mrs.Midwest looks like a soap opera actress. All glam, all a facade. 

I totally agree. She’s almost a cartoon. There is nothing genuine about her in the videos. Everything about her seems extremely rehearsed, edited, and “made up.” Even the way she talks sounds so fake. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if she’ll ever respond to the criticism- like more than she did when Jaclyn made her video and Caitlin was like “that wasn’t nice but moving on”. Or will she choose the GirlDefined Nazi Scandal method of ignoring it all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kaluce said:

I wonder if she’ll ever respond to the criticism- like more than she did when Jaclyn made her video and Caitlin was like “that wasn’t nice but moving on”. Or will she choose the GirlDefined Nazi Scandal method of ignoring it all. 

She’s playing the role of “I’m so classy and feminine, I will respond by not responding.” Besides, she has her horde of minions doing the defending for her.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, kaluce said:

This is actually the first I had heard of this .  :wtsf:    

In my opinion , if they don't want for people to associate them with the position taken by their great-grandfather , then they should follow the example of Arnold Schwarzenegger , who had a father whom was a Nazi in Austria , at the time  .   

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-aug-14-me-father14-story.html  

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:56 AM, kaluce said:

Almost 90 bucks to look like a clown. SMDH. 

But at least she's a rodeo clown. Just to stand out slightly from the masses.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, I know we just said we don’t care about what she wears, but I’m going to go BEC here and say “no thanks.”

564B2012-279B-4AE2-ADDE-4FBD4ABE7761.thumb.png.e69dc9636aa6116de199ab79f6133bb1.png

They also treat their employees like garbage. I’ve heard so many Wal-Mart employee horror stories. 

I love bright, colorful, loud -- even tacky -- thing. LOVE THEM. 

And these boots are god-awful. 

Jaysus. What was she thinking???

• Haha 4

On 10/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, kaluce said:

She responded in a way today by talking about how to deal with people shaming a woman for her femininity and religion. She doesn’t realize NOBODY is shaming her for those things, but rather pointing out the flaws in her arguments of what she considers the right way.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

That video comes off as very, very defensive. First off, being a stay-at-home wife or parent is not unusual in 2019. In fact, more mothers are staying at home and out of workforce at the same rate as it was in 1989. Moreover, more than half of all women WANT to stay home with their children. But, as you can imagine, this isn't always economically feasible. 

A new Gallup Poll shows that more than half of women in the U.S. with children under the age of 18, 56%, would prefer to stay home over going to work, and 39% of women without children under the age of 18 said they wanted the role of homemaker.

Also, no one is saying that you can't stay at home, or be religious, or be feminine. We have members here that meet any combination of those three categories. The problem, at least for me, is Caitlin's connection to Red Pillers and their blatant misogyny. Some of her content is perfectly fine, if a little inane and basic. You start bringing in Red Pill men and I am out. Many of her videos are directed at young women, and exposing them to the toxicity that is the Red Pill and making them think that their self-worth is based on what these horrible men think of them is disgusting as it is terrifying.

I follow plenty of stay-at-home mothers and wives online who I think are great people doing amazing things. In another life, if circumstances had been different for me, I would have loved to have been a stay-at-home-mom. However, the women I follow don't have this connection to people who think women want to be raped, who think that I need to act stupid because men aren't attracted to intelligence, and who think my soul purpose in life is to "be compassionate. Be honest. Be nurturing. Be sweet. Be gentle. Be positive. Be meek. Learn how to cook and clean." I'm going to protest when you start telling teenager girls that kind of rubbish, and I don't care what sort of lifestyle a person lives, if they're connected to that garbage, I'm going to call it out for being garbage.

I'm traditionally feminine in many ways. That's just who I am, like it or lump it. I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses, my hair is long, my hobbies are traditionally feminine endeavors like needlework and baking. For whatever reason, I enjoy doing housework. My job, in general, is strongly traditionally a female one and I work with children, which is of course traditionally feminine. There's nothing wrong with being feminine--but being involved in the Red Pill philosophy demonstrates that a person thinks of women as lowlier than men. Stupider. Easily dominated. Just around for sex and cleaning. And I resent that. I resent that little girls are being told that to be traditionally feminine and enjoy feminine things, that they're subject to men. And that's what Caitlin's connection to these Red Pill idiots does. She devalues herself by believing in this philosophy and she devalues other feminine women by not denouncing it. 

https://time.com/4068559/gallup-poll-stay-at-home-mothers/

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

That video comes off as very, very defensive. First off, being a stay-at-home wife or parent is not unusual in 2019. In fact, more mothers are staying at home and out of workforce at the same rate as it was in 1989. Moreover, more than half of all women WANT to stay home with their children. But, as you can imagine, this isn't always economically feasible. 

Also, no one is saying that you can't stay at home, or be religious, or be feminine. We have members here that meet any combination of those three categories. The problem, at least for me, is Caitlin's connection to Red Pillers and their blatant misogyny. Some of her content is perfectly fine, if a little inane and basic. You start bringing in Red Pill men and I am out. Many of her videos are directed at young women, and exposing them to the toxicity that is the Red Pill and making them think that their self-worth is based on what these horrible men think of them is disgusting as it is terrifying.

I follow plenty of stay-at-home mothers and wives online who I think are great people doing amazing things. In another life, if circumstances had been different for me, I would have loved to have been a stay-at-home-mom. However, the women I follow don't have this connection to people who think women want to be raped, who think that I need to act stupid because men aren't attracted to intelligence, and who think my soul purpose in life is to "be compassionate. Be honest. Be nurturing. Be sweet. Be gentle. Be positive. Be meek. Learn how to cook and clean." I'm going to protest when you start telling teenager girls that kind of rubbish, and I don't care what sort of lifestyle a person lives, if they're connected to that garbage, I'm going to call it out for being garbage.

I'm traditionally feminine in many ways. That's just who I am, like it or lump it. I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses, my hair is long, my hobbies are traditionally feminine endeavors like needlework and baking. For whatever reason, I enjoy doing housework. My job, in general, is strongly traditionally a female one and I work with children, which is of course traditionally feminine. There's nothing wrong with being feminine--but being involved in the Red Pill philosophy demonstrates that a person thinks of women as lowlier than men. Stupider. Easily dominated. Just around for sex and cleaning. And I resent that. I resent that little girls are being told that to be traditionally feminine and enjoy feminine things, that they're subject to men. And that's what Caitlin's connection to these Red Pill idiots does. She devalues herself by believing in this philosophy and she devalues other feminine women by not denouncing it. 

https://time.com/4068559/gallup-poll-stay-at-home-mothers/

I couldn’t agree with you more. It’s the elephant in the room that she is not addressing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I'm not sure if this belongs here, and it will probably seem a bit out of place, but I want to hear others' opinions.

What do you think of Caitlin when compared to other "femininity" YouTubers (i.e., School of Affluence, Modern Lady, Jennifer Scott, etc.)? Or what do you think of these types of YouTubers in general?

• For me, the School of Affluence woman (Anna) seems to direct her content to "sugar-baby" type women who want to live luxurious lifestyles. Although she's also pushing the "feminine/ladylike" brand, hers feels pretty opposite to Caitlin's brand of femininity. I think a major difference is the political and religious aspects.
  • The Modern Lady (Devoreaux) makes short little videos with tips for being ladylike and polite. I think that some of her content comes as common sense to some, but I can see her tips being helpful to many people. I don't find her offensive at all.
  • And the Daily Connoisseur/Jennifer Scott started off as an author and ended up joining the YouTuber crowd. I read her first book, Lessons from Madame Chic, right after I graduated high school. I enjoyed it and actually found it quite helpful for me at the time. However, there's just something about her that I dislike whenever I see her on YouTube and Instagram because I find her a little annoying and judgmental.

Sometimes I think about this because I can't stand Caitlin, yet I also don't like double standards. What is it that separates these women and their "brands" of femininity? Religion? Politics? Personality? Or do you think they belong in roughly the same category? I'd love to hear what others have to say!

• Thank You 1

I will admit that, not too long ago, I was a fan of her work. The video that started me rethinking it was the weight loss one because her tips were just stupid and implausible. Once I got out of the fan club, found this thread, and rewatched some of her videos, I was almost ashamed that I supported that woman. A few years ago, I was one of the women who was duped into the red pill ideology. I was pulled in by my boyfriend who also thought that it was ok to abuse disobedient wives and that marital rape wasn't a thing. Once I started to really question that, I told his mother about his views and she quite literally slapped some sense into him and he's a very different person now. We're now going to get married once we finish college. Point is, it's really easy for women to get pulled into that ideology. I went from a feminist to a red piller in about 6 months. It's hard to pull women out of it too because when you believe that you're lesser than men, you don't believe that your opinion holds much, if any, value. It can be hard to pull men out of it as well (except I guess if you tell his mom) because it strokes their masculinity and tells them that they deserve respect from women whether they deserve it or not. I hope that Mrs. Midwest gets pulled out of it before she gets hurt.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic