IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

Jesus. I think it's just easier to be who I am and make my own money than build an entire life on the lie that I'm a person that I'm not and have my livelihood based on a guy not figuring out my lie. Forget that. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I think she just views men as money bags (and only went to college for an MRS degree), and is probably stealing tips to use in her own channel. Is School of Affluence as red-pilled as MrsMidwest is? 

Hhhm, not sure, but her topics revolve around finding rich men. 

6B42F944-DDA3-4A59-887E-4AF0DDA906BF.png

• Upvote 3

? LOL, maybe if I were more WASPy and vacant I'd have turned out like her.  I only went to college to marry rich and because I felt forced to go to college.  I didn't marry rich or marry anyone I knew in college, and I have a personality, but ha, this reminds me of my mindset at 18.  I know she's older than that.

My plan was a product of wanting to escape my mom's control, something I think we have in common whether or not she still admits it.

• Love 3

So here’s the woman who did a whole video on Disney Princess Energy and mentions her love of Disney in several videos...trashing Disney? Okay.

0748D74E-BD9A-416B-9F94-23A3299233B2.jpeg

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So here’s the woman who did a whole video on Disney Princess Energy and mentions her love of Disney in several videos...trashing Disney? Okay.

She knows what her humpers like. I doubt she actually believes much of what she spews. She’s officially a character. She’s playing a part for her audience. She gives them what they want and they return the favor by giving her clicks and likes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh wow! I wish people would expose her on her channel, but surely nobody there would believe it and would accuse us of being jealous.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, who says Dove Cameron has had plastic surgery? She has been acting since she was 16 (IMDB) and was in Decedents when she was 19. I know my 15 year old her face has gone from more round looking (like Dove on the left) to more like the one on the right (minus the glamour makeup). Also the makeup on the right is contouring her cheeks and she has full lipstick. Bottom line, she is totally made up in the picture on the right. The picture on the left is almost no make up, including no lipstick. There are tricks that can be done to make checks look contoured and lips look fuller. Makeup can be amazing in transformations (but don't follow JRod's make up instructions). Also I would guess the picture on the left Dove is still a teen and the one on the right is closer to her age now (23). Oh and, there are now filters to make people look skinnier or fatter not to mention photo shop. 

Edit to add- Dove Cameron was on Liv and Maddy for a long time. Playing both parts, The makeup department managed to make the same person look different by you guessed it -hair and makeup! 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
forgot about Liv and Maddy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Wait, who says Dove Cameron has had plastic surgery? She has been acting since she was 16 (IMDB) and was in Decedents when she was 19. I know my 15 year old her face has gone from more round looking (like Dove on the left) to more like the one on the right (minus the glamour makeup). Also the makeup on the right is contouring her cheeks and she has full lipstick. Bottom line, she is totally made up in the picture on the right. The picture on the left is almost no make up, including no lipstick. There are tricks that can be done to make checks look contoured and lips look fuller. Makeup can be amazing in transformations (but don't follow JRod's make up instructions). Also I would guess the picture on the left Dove is still a teen and the one on the right is closer to her age now (23). Oh and, there are now filters to make people look skinnier or fatter not to mention photo shop. 

Edit to add- Dove Cameron was on Liv and Maddy for a long time. Playing both parts, The makeup department managed to make the same person look different by you guessed it -hair and makeup! 

Theres secretly got to be a vein of jealousy with MrsMidwest and people who shit on celebrities who are gorgeous, get attention, and don't follow their strict guidelines of how a woman is supposed to act/behave/believe. The overwhelmingly negative comments, I mean CMON. I can't imagine there isn't some sort of jealousy behind the vitriol.

Also this is just another example of how she, in one avenue (youtube) states that she respects all women, but in another (twitter) trashes other women for the smallest things. She's definitely playing to different audiences and loves the attention of these gross "Masculine Men Cosplayers" on twitter. (I call them that because no self respecting "alpha male" if that is even a thing would spend hours on twitter shitting all over other people)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I admittedly don't know much about make-up, but I DO know that make-up application techniques like contouring can dramatically change how a person's face looks. That said, Dove's actual face hasn't appeared to change except maybe her lips, but it's my understanding that can be done with make-up, too. And surely if she works for Disney, she has access to the best-of-the-best make-up artists who are capable of making her look amazing. Add to that she's apparently aged between the two photographs, and of course she looks different.

I just find it so hypocritical that she's slamming Disney while encouraging her young audience to change themselves to get "Disney Princess Energy." YOU are encouraging women to change themselves, Mrs. Midwest. YOUR standards are disgusting and encourage women to think they're not pretty enough or feminine enough. You're the one appearing on misogynistic Red Pill youtubers' videos that encourage women to feel badly that they're aging, getting an education, had sex before meeting a "Red Pill Man" that magically decides to go against his programming and get married (:pb_rollseyes:). Not pretty enough, not thin enough, not virtuous enough, not feminine enough, not well-enough dressed, not good enough at "traditional" feminine handicrafts, not good enough at housework. THAT'S YOU. THAT'S ALL YOU. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

LOOOL she just posted a video on how her mom helped her "embrace her femininity", after trashing her on reddit. No wonder she just deleted her reddit account. 

• WTF 3

4 minutes ago, kaluce said:

LOOOL she just posted a video on how her mom helped her "embrace her femininity", after trashing her on reddit. No wonder she just deleted her reddit account. 

Whaaat?!? Ugh, I hope someone screenshot her post about her mom!!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, savannahhmarie said:

Whaaat?!? Ugh, I hope someone screenshot her post about her mom!!!!

It's on a guru gossip thread about her! Someone got screenshots of her most ridiculous reddit posts. Caitlin- nothing ever dies on the internet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Listening to this, it makes it sound as though Caitlin's mother spent TONS of time raising her, despite her job as a speech language pathologist. My mother worked 1/2 time and didn't spend near as much time teaching me the stuff and doing the things that Caitlin's mom did. What a turn around from trashing her way-too-busy career-oriented mother with whom she had a poor relationship to apparently a Mary Poppins-incarnate person.

Caitlin is so ridiculous. Either one version is true or the other one is. Not both. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Listening to this, it makes it sound as though Caitlin's mother spent TONS of time raising her, despite her job as a speech language pathologist. My mother worked 1/2 time and didn't spend near as much time teaching me the stuff and doing the things that Caitlin's mom did. What a turn around from trashing her way-too-busy career-oriented mother with whom she had a poor relationship to apparently a Mary Poppins-incarnate person.

Caitlin is so ridiculous. Either one version is true or the other one is. Not both. 

My guess is her mother is somewhere in between. And Caitlyn changes her story to fit her narrative. Just like Zoo Anderson. Neither woman lives in reality and seems to surround themselves with incels. 

I want to add that if Dove had lip injections, I don’t consider it plastic surgery because it’s not permanent. It’s more like Botox. It goes away after awhile. And I think there’s nothing wrong with lip injections or even plastic surgery. As long as you do it responsibly.

• Upvote 4

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but it looks like their home is up for sale. Guess that youtube money is flowing in. Is it fair that she still calls herself an unemployed SAHW?

18 hours ago, kaluce said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but it looks like their home is up for sale. Guess that youtube money is flowing in. Is it fair that she still calls herself an unemployed SAHW?

On 10/17/2019 at 7:16 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I'm not a Mrs. Midwest fan but I'm going to say Dove definitely had work done.  She looks completely different, make up can only do so much. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, muggleborn said:

I'm not a Mrs. Midwest fan but I'm going to say Dove definitely had work done.  She looks completely different, make up can only do so much. 

Maybe she has but we don't know and with the technology to photo shop, we won't know for sure unless Dove tells us or something gets way out of wack (aka Michael Jackson). 

Mrs. Midwest claims Dove couldn't make it when she looked like she did on Liv and Maddy. But Mrs. Midwest is wrong, she was making it in Hollywood and now she has grown up. Her style has changed (just like everyone's does as time goes on). 

When I was looking at where Dove came from to now I found this from teenVogue. it was written 2 years ago but it interesting how different the same person can look with different makeup colors, hair styles and hair color. https://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/dove-cameron-best-red-carpet-beauty-looks 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, kaluce said:

She was complaining on instagram about having to work so I don't think she does. 

6 minutes ago, muggleborn said:

She was complaining on instagram about having to work so I don't think she does. 

Yes, she does. She recently said on a video she had to meet up with a friend to talk about the stresses of having less time to do her domestically blissful chores. Damn. I hate working too and for a while when I first started listening to her, it made me wonder if I did wrong to not look for traditional men too and so the red pill thing so I don’t have to work. ?? Thats why her material is so harmful. Imagine how young, impressionable girls must react! I literally had to stop listening to her because of how horrible it’s made me feel about my life choices. Finding this group had made me feel a bit better. SOMEONE disagrees with her! It just seemed like everyone loves her and agrees with her.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

Yes, she does. She recently said on a video she had to meet up with a friend to talk about the stresses of having less time to do her domestically blissful chores. Damn. I hate working too and for a while when I first started listening to her, it made me wonder if I did wrong to not look for traditional men too and so the red pill thing so I don’t have to work. ?? Thats why her material is so harmful. Imagine how young, impressionable girls must react! I literally had to stop listening to her because of how horrible it’s made me feel about my life choices. Finding this group had made me feel a bit better. SOMEONE disagrees with her! It just seemed like everyone loves her and agrees with her.

This so hard! 

I recently came out of a bad depression, and of course foolishly jumped into the world of youtubers and vlogs to gain some sort of perspective on how others structured their days/lived "normal" lives. I've obviously learned my lesson- aka everything is a highlight reel and everyone lies about how perfect life is for them, but I digress.

Anywho- I stumbled across her channel when she was still relatively new, like 5k followers. I watched a lot of her content and started feeling SUPER BAD about my life again. Was I stressed and depressed because I had a job and worked? Was it because I wasn't "feminine" enough, and in working on that would my woes stop? Was it because I'm not a naturally bubbly person? NAH DOG, it's all fucking lies. She's peddling lies. And it's becoming really clear the more popular she gets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

I admit, I’m very glad I’m 37 in 2019. My husband and I were just talking about how different our lives would have been if we were teens now. I think Instagram, youtubers, and all the other social media would have made me incredibly insecure and unhappy with myself. When I was in high school, it was magazines, movies, and tv shows that made me feel like shit about myself. But I could stay away from them sometimes. I think I would have had a hard time staying away from social media as a teen and it would have affected me. Now at age 37, I see things pretty clearly. I understand how fake someone like Mrs Midwest is. I understand that makeup, filters, and photoshop basically make people into cartoons and it’s not real life. I’m happy to be 37!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, kaluce said:

This so hard! 

I recently came out of a bad depression, and of course foolishly jumped into the world of youtubers and vlogs to gain some sort of perspective on how others structured their days/lived "normal" lives. I've obviously learned my lesson- aka everything is a highlight reel and everyone lies about how perfect life is for them, but I digress.

Anywho- I stumbled across her channel when she was still relatively new, like 5k followers. I watched a lot of her content and started feeling SUPER BAD about my life again. Was I stressed and depressed because I had a job and worked? Was it because I wasn't "feminine" enough, and in working on that would my woes stop? Was it because I'm not a naturally bubbly person? NAH DOG, it's all fucking lies. She's peddling lies. And it's becoming really clear the more popular she gets. 

I have to remind myself of that, but I'm still not there. The looks part I don't care, I know how easy it is to look good on camera. It's the staying at home part that first attracted me to her channel and now harms me psychologically. I went to college and never accepted anything from a man because that's what I was told was the right thing! I didn't want to fall in love too young because I saw so many girls get hurt that way, so I was always super careful. But listening to all these red-pillers has made me doubt all my life choices because they continually say that you're supposed to cash in your looks young to find a good man who is willing to support you so that you don't have to work.  That's what I was told my whole life NOT to do! So not it turns out I was NOT wrong to hate work, only to marry for love? I don't know, I'm so confused.  We do need to remember, though, that she IS working now. YouTube is her career. It's hard living on one income nowadays. I am married to a good man, he's just not rich. I didn't care at the time, I just loved him. He treats me well. We go half and half on rent and bills, but he does pay for dates 98% of the time, which is still good, I guess (so I like to tell myself when her and other YT red-pillers and such women make me feel bad).

HEY, I hope you're feeling better from your depression! 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit, I’m very glad I’m 37 in 2019. My husband and I were just talking about how different our lives would have been if we were teens now. I think Instagram, youtubers, and all the other social media would have made me incredibly insecure and unhappy with myself. When I was in high school, it was magazines, movies, and tv shows that made me feel like shit about myself. But I could stay away from them sometimes. I think I would have had a hard time staying away from social media as a teen and it would have affected me. Now at age 37, I see things pretty clearly. I understand how fake someone like Mrs Midwest is. I understand that makeup, filters, and photoshop basically make people into cartoons and it’s not real life. I’m happy to be 37!

I'm 35 and for some reason I'm still feeling vulnerable to this. I hate that. I want to be at a more emotionally stable place like you. Do you guys work and go 50/50 on bills and stuff? How do you feel okay with it with all the new red pill stuff that's coming out? Maybe I'm feeling this way because I always resented working but always tried to suppress it because I thought it was wrong to feel that way, but now with this new movement I have really been feeling like cr** and doubting myself. :( This group is helping me re-center myself. It's not bad for women to work and it doesn't mean I wasn't smart enough to "cash in" on youth as all these red-pillers like to say. :(

• Love 6

@savannahhmarie hello, I'm married, and while I've never been psychologically harmed by "red pill" thought, or fallen down that rabbit hole, I would say that whatever works best for you and your husband, that you have decided upon together, and that both of you are happy with, is the right answer!!!!!

I don't go 50/50 on bills, we have all combined accounts for savings, bills, medical, grocery, etc. We each get the same "allowance" in private checking accounts -- for personal transportation, clothes, trips, luxuries, etc. None of this had anything to do with "red pill," it's just that when we got married we decided that we would become one in finances as well to help reach our goals (pay for kids college, buy a house, travel). 

That is was works for us, and it is an untainted decision that we came up with together. Other couples I know DO split 50/50. 

I am teacher though, and he has a corporate job and makes 3x as much as me, so maybe that's why we decided this way subconsciously? I like to think that even if I made as much as him, we would still combine our incomes and have our "allowances." 

And NO I didn't use my looks to trap a man with a lot of money, he was a "communications" major with no interest any specific field, I just took my chances with the one I loved!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

I don't see the hypocrisy in regards to Disney, though admittedly I have not watched any of these videos and don't plan to.  You can like something and point out the bad in it.  I like a lot of Disney as a franchise, but I also don't like a lot of their decisions, and everyone knows child stars and young women in Hollywood/Disney/etc are treated poorly.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

@savannahhmarie hello, I'm married, and while I've never been psychologically harmed by "red pill" thought, or fallen down that rabbit hole, I would say that whatever works best for you and your husband, that you have decided upon together, and that both of you are happy with, is the right answer!!!!!

I don't go 50/50 on bills, we have all combined accounts for savings, bills, medical, grocery, etc. We each get the same "allowance" in private checking accounts -- for personal transportation, clothes, trips, luxuries, etc. None of this had anything to do with "red pill," it's just that when we got married we decided that we would become one in finances as well to help reach our goals (pay for kids college, buy a house, travel). 

That is was works for us, and it is an untainted decision that we came up with together. Other couples I know DO split 50/50. 

I am teacher though, and he has a corporate job and makes 3x as much as me, so maybe that's why we decided this way subconsciously? I like to think that even if I made as much as him, we would still combine our incomes and have our "allowances." 

And NO I didn't use my looks to trap a man with a lot of money, he was a "communications" major with no interest any specific field, I just took my chances with the one I loved!!!

That's so sweet! One time, when I was still watching her videos, I made a comment... I don't remember what it was, but something to do with my commute to work. I was definitely not disagreeing with her because I knew at the time that she only accepts positive comments. And one of her commenters replied, "How sad, why can't your husband support you?" Mind you, the comment had nothing to do with that. It was about something something else. I THINK it was about her tips on being more feminine, and I commented I usually don't dress up for work but do on weekends. For some reason that comment STABBED me in the heart, though it shouldn't have.

You have a good system with your husband!! I use most of my paycheck to pay my student loans, haha.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic