IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

The Campbell thing was just rumor as far as we know. She came along on the ski trip with her brother Edgar and Trace introduced them as friends. Maybe that's all they were?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Some of us guessed they may have met through Elijah, Trace’s good friend from Hawaii. They may have gone on a ski trip a few months ago and met there. That was all just a guess based on some Instagram posts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The Campbell thing was just rumor as far as we know. She came along on the ski trip with her brother Edgar and Trace introduced them as friends. Maybe that's all they were?

I don’t think unrelated boys and girls are really allowed to be friends in IBLP

9 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think they are allowed to be friends in groups. We have seen fundies who hang out in groups of boys and girls and it’s fine. But if they start to show interest in one another, it’s like there’s this shift. And the parents suddenly keep a close eye on them and get all serious about intentions. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

The Roberts sibs seemed to be very friendly with the Bates sibs going back 5 years or so. The only thing that raises my eyebrows is that they were introduced specifically as Traces' friends on that episode.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The Roberts sibs seemed to be very friendly with the Bates sibs going back 5 years or so. The only thing that raises my eyebrows is that they were introduced specifically as Traces' friends on that episode.

Do you think they said it that way because Trace primary hangs with the Roberts or because he invited them to the trip?

Internet and I have had an midnight session (b/c of pain related insomnia I’m looking for distractions [emoji102])

Chaney Grace’s last name is Kahle. She is one of 7 siblings and live in Texas. They are four sisters with the middle names Grace (Chaney herself), Joy, Faith and Hope. Her brother used to play baseball and I found his player roaster from 2016 were his educational history is recorded. He went to high school at G**e Faith High School. On their website they say that their mission statement is “G**e Faith Christian School exists to develop and graduate authentic Christian leaders.” This school is located 14 minutes drive from the town where the parents are living today. The (presumably) older brother has gone on to study at a community college that is accredited, and later to an accredited university (as far as I can see, the US education system is very weird for me as a northern European [emoji2368]).

Any who... if this turns out to be more than four photo ops and we get an announcement for dourting for Chance/Tracney I have names, ages, exact location etc. and the sloothing can begin. [emoji851]

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 12

Way back in the day, when the Duggar’s and Bates used to hang out on 17 kids and counting, all the girls were seen together and the boys were seen together. There wasn’t any mixed gender talking session. I think it was jelly who said that boys and girls have different interest. A lot changed after Zach’s failed courtship. I hope trace ventures out and figures out his beliefs and what he truly wants to do with his life. If that is being a cop then great. I hate the pressure that these kids are given. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

@is.it.real Interesting stuff. I too am waiting for him to call Chaney his girl. I find dourting interesting. I don't understand why they can't just date then propose. CarVan's courtposal was extra as all get out. But it was beautiful enough to have been an actual proposal. This would be a good time for the Bates to openly redefine their dating measurements and why courting is necessary at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think it was jelly who said that boys and girls have different interest. A lot changed after Zach’s failed courtship.

Wait, is this a Duggar name?  :my_tongue:    And if not, why not?

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

If they are not at least "getting to know each other, with that comment, I will be flummoxed. Flummoxed, I tell you! 

Screenshot_20190525-233930.png

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Next he will call her a snack. 

Barf!

Robert Garrison Brown is my current least favorite Brown offspring. (where I first heard this used)

That expression is gross. I know that it's one in a long line of demeaning expressions to women. But it implies such temporary lack of interest.

When it popped up over on their thread that he was dating I perused his Instagram. He seems like a more conservative Brown offspring and definitely a douche in the nature of his father.

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Barf!

Robert Garrison Brown is my current least favorite Brown offspring. (where I first heard this used)

That expression is gross. I know that it's one in a long line of demeaning expressions to women. But it implies such temporary lack of interest.

When it popped up over on their thread that he was dating I perused his Instagram. He seems like a more conservative Brown offspring and definitely a douche in the nature of his father.

You know, honestly 'snack' doesn't bug me. It reminds me of the phrase "You look like an absolute treat!"

Maybe a bit old fashioned, but when I think 'snack' I think 'indulge' and hell yeah I want my boyfriend to indulge in me with his eyes! If I didn't, he'd just be a friend.

Now, if a random [non-flaming] guy called me a snack or a male friend/acquaintance called me a snack, I'd be a little iffy, but it wouldn't bug me at all if a female or flaming guy (friend or not) was like "oh honey, you look like an absolute snack!" I'd be like "thank-you!"

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2

Any Chance (see what I did there?) they met on a missioncation?

her family seems to have plenty of money to send her on one.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Chaney and Trace look SO similar to me. I know there's psychological evidence that many people find people who look like them attractive, but it still weirds me out. (I thought Campbell, Trace's maybe-ex, ended up with someone who looked like her too!)

I was also thinking they have so many long As in their names, they almost rhyme. If they have kids, I hope they go with names like Grace, Aidan, Brayden, Caden, Drayton, Angel, Stacy, Macy, etc. to keep that long A going! (Katie and Kaci got there first.)

PS - speaking of dating people you look like, does anyone remember Boyfriend Twins, which was a Tumbler that just collected boyfriends who look really similar? I just checked and it seems like it doesn't exist anymore. Too bad.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Barf!

To be fair, I see many young women call whatever hot dude "snacks" (or even weirder, "snaccs") a lot online. I agree it sounds really dehumanizing but I think many people mean it like "I could just eat them up with a spoon."

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Courtship proposal? ?

Trace, Katie, Whitney, Josie and Alyssa have all commented on it. Erin might be busy trying to fit a 4th bed in the nursery and Carlin is busy designing hers on Pinterest.

Edited by onyourwayhome
  • Upvote 21
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Melinda said:

She wears pants! I think that is surprising in this kind of official photo. 

Since it’s Chaney’s instagram, it may not be considered official. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chaney wore skirts to the Bates home though. She probably wants to make a good impression and basically everyone knows how the Bates parents feel about skirts on their own daughters while they live at home. If Chaney had to do some hiking, I’m glad she wore jeans instead of a long skirt and flip flops like the Duggar girls.

• Upvote 16

6 hours ago, Melinda said:

She wears pants! I think that is surprising in this kind of official photo. 

Kelly had to choose between giving up on the skirts only or never seeing any of her boys marry and she choose the pants.

Just kidding, but its true that none of the girls the boys courted were skirts only, they dont seem to be attracted to the super religious fundie girl.

• Upvote 8

I don't find a girl wearing pants to be that shocking.  Clothes do not indicate anything where horrible beliefs are concerned.  Also if you watch closely - even the women we know where pants in the Bates and Duggar families - wear skirts when at the parental compounds.  

• Upvote 16

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic