IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

On 7/1/2019 at 11:15 AM, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I just don't understand how Lauren knew she was due the EXACT same day as Jessa. As far as I know she was only a few weeks along so probably wouldn't have had her first scan. How would she have known? Do the Duggars openly discuss the days they had sex?

Before people jump on me, I'm not saying they're lying about the miscarriage. 

Like others said it was probably just an estimate. Lauren could've even played up the fact that she was due the same date as Jessa was. Since it was so early she could've been within a few days. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, Satan'sFortress said:

I was pregnant with my Fortress#2 on Sept. 11th (THE Sept. 11th) and always felt like it all affected me even more than if I hadn't been pregnant.  It seemed like there were so many widows who were pregnant & then I also had the thought of what kind of future my new baby was going to be born into. Who could have known that we'd still be involved in that war 17+ years later?

My mother said the same thing about being pregnant with me--I was born in 1968 very shortly after MLK and RFK were assassinated, among other horrors of that year---namely Viet Nam. She thought the world as she knew it was ending. 

I have a colleague at work whose birthday is September the 11th and she also happens to be from Lockerbie and was 10 when the Lockerbie bombing happened and remember's the aftermath, she didn't say much more about it or if she knew any of the residents that died. She hates the fact both her birthdate and the town she grew up in are now associated with terrible atrocities.

• Sad 11

Lauren is getting a bit of flack on Instagram for her comment on Joy & Austin’s post. Some see it as “making it about her” and don’t think she should be equating Joy’s loss with hers. I did cringe a bit at the hashtag.

72859A11-D958-43A7-84C6-B6CE3637AB52.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Even the duggars know that losing a pregancy a week after gettinh a positive pregnancy test is very different than losing a baby you have been preparing for months 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

It's an overstep by Lauren in my opinion. If I were Joy and a sister in law said that to me it would probably make me upset.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

Lauren is showing herself to be very self absorbed. I know they believe life starts at conception but how does she not see the difference between her's and Joy's loss. 

ETA even Erin Paine, after 3 losses, said she can't imagine what they're going through.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Lauren’s response to Joy’s news on Instagram made me want to punch her in the face. Just being honest.

I’ve had 6 miscarriages so I know the pain but this is not about her and she deserves all the scorn she will have coming her way. Stay in your goddamn lane.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

These thoughtless and cavalier responses to tragedy we’re seeing from them on social media are totally a symptom of their fucked up religious beliefs. They can’t grieve, process death, or relate to each other in a time of mourning and tragedy in any kind of healthy or sane way because god forbid they ‘mourn as ones with no hope’!

Lauren is rapidly on the way to becoming my least favourite Duggar. So uncalled for. Reminds me of Jill’s smiley, winking, emoji-laden post about Grandma Mary deciding she was ready to ‘get outta here’ or whatever, and Jana saying ‘this was probably how she would’ve chose to end her day that day’ by meeting Jesus after she drowned in the pool. These people are so incredibly emotionally stunted and incapable of navigating the real world.

Edited by singsingsing
typo
  • Upvote 33
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Lauren's post did make me feel a bit uncomfortable, she may not have meant it that way but it does come across as if she is hijacking Joy and Austin's loss. Anna and Erin didn't mention their miscarriages to Joy. I think Lauren is still struggling with her loss and that is why she keeps bringing it up, I feel terrible for her but she needs to stop comparing it to other losses.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Absolutely. The most cringe-worthy part is that hashtags are fundamentally created as a marketing tool. Every time someone clicks on the angelbabies hashtag, Joy-Anna's post will be pretty high up there on the Algorithm and it really wasn't Lauren's place to establish that. 

I'm deeply saddened for Joy-Anna & Austin. ?

• Upvote 11

Lauren is so self-absorbed and she's also going on a huge blocking spree right now for anyone calling her out on that. She had likely the earliest miscarriage she could. That doesn't compare with someone who was half way there. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Looks like she deleted her comment on Joy’s post. Good. She’s proving to be a very self absorbed shallow girl. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

I can understand that it’s a comfort to Lauren to think that the cousins are together in Heaven, but it’s too soon and it shouldn’t be expressed as a comment on their post.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I can understand that it’s a comfort to Lauren to think that the cousins are together in Heaven, but it’s too soon and it shouldn’t be expressed as a comment on their post.

It really just makes me question how they think heaven works. Do they enter heaven as fully formed babies in their eyes? Age in heaven is something I often think about lol

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It really just makes me question how they think heaven works. Do they enter heaven as fully formed babies in their eyes? Age in heaven is something I often think about lol

I’m not really sure, but I think about this too. I personally think it’d go a few ways:

1. You see everyone you know as you knew them best. So you would see your grandparents as being older, while they might see each other at younger ages.

2. You see everyone at the age they died at, but their bodies are now fully functional and pain free.

3. We all turn into star dust and end up in that beautiful scene from “The Lion King,” where Mufasa tells Simba about the Kings of the past watching over them (ok, so maybe this is what I hope happens.)

With infants and lost pregnancies, I would assume they’d believe that they’d appear as young children who are old enough to play a bit. So Lauren might be picturing Asa and Annabell as being younger toddlers who can kind of toddle around and play, but also still need to be looked after and cared for by someone like Grandma Mary. 

Thats all just a guess though. Someone who knows they’d beliefs well might have a better idea of what Lauren might have meant.

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It really just makes me question how they think 

They don’t.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, Smee said:

Lauren is getting a bit of flack on Instagram for her comment on Joy & Austin’s post. Some see it as “making it about her” and don’t think she should be equating Joy’s loss with hers. I did cringe a bit at the hashtag.

72859A11-D958-43A7-84C6-B6CE3637AB52.jpeg

She did not even use Joy’s name nor did she even express condolences for Joy’s loss.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Lauren’s comment was something that could’ve been appropriate if said to Joy in private but was completely inappropriate on a public post. I’m sure Joy actually does take comfort in the fact that Annabell isn’t there “alone”, but talking about it on a public Instagram post wasn’t the right way to do it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

On 7/4/2019 at 5:44 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

Lauren's post did make me feel a bit uncomfortable, she may not have meant it that way but it does come across as if she is hijacking Joy and Austin's loss. Anna and Erin didn't mention their miscarriages to Joy. I think Lauren is still struggling with her loss and that is why she keeps bringing it up, I feel terrible for her but she needs to stop comparing it to other losses.

anything lauren says makes me uncomfortable. 

they should be all grieving in private  but because of the stupid tv show they can't. 

not to mention - Michelle was a different woman 

these women are not their mother or their mother in law.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rik_Bik said:

Lauren’s comment was something that could’ve been appropriate if said to Joy in private but was completely inappropriate on a public post. I’m sure Joy actually does take comfort in the fact that Annabell isn’t there “alone”, but talking about it on a public Instagram post wasn’t the right way to do it. 

I saw many people comment about Annabell being with Grandma Mary, and I for one would have found immense comfort in thinking that this was true, knowing your baby was with someone who loved and nurtured you as a child. I do think Lauren's comment obnoxious, that wasn't the place for that sort of comment, inserting yourself into someone elses grief, takes some of the focus off of Joy & Austin, this would have been a better comment were it made a few weeks later, and I agree in a private setting.  

I don't want anyone to leave Austin out of this grieving process, he lost his daughter too. While it always seems more tragic for the mother, the father has also had a tragic loss.  I hope he has someone who can help him while he tries to "be the man and take care of his wife".  Hopefully he and Joy can be there for each other and share their grief instead of burring it and "moving on". 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't want anyone to leave Austin out of this grieving process, he lost his daughter too. While it always seems more tragic for the mother, the father has also had a tragic loss.  I hope he has someone who can help him while he tries to "be the man and take care of his wife".  Hopefully he and Joy can be there for each other and share their grief instead of burring it and "moving on". 

This. I noticed this when I had the 2nd trimester missed abortion. The focus was on me while Gnome Spouse was forgotten. Gnome Spouse did all the care taking of me while grieving and I feel had a harder road. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

On 7/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, singsingsing said:

. They can’t grieve, process death, or relate to each other in a time of mourning and tragedy in any kind of healthy or sane way because god forbid they ‘mourn as ones with no hope’!

I expanded on this in the other thread, but this statement doesn’t usually mean “don’t mourn”. It’s more of a “you’ll see them on the other side”.  

I’ve dealt with several significant losses from a young age and this is one of the few genuinely comforting statements that gets passed around.  

• Upvote 4

I find Lauren very, very annoying on screen, I cannot imagine meeting her in real life. So, so ignorant and well...dare I say uneducated and childish. 

Maybe I should not combine a Free Jinger-visit with a Christopher Hitchens marathon on Youtube. Not good for my bloodpressure ? .

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

So I don't know about the Duggars' specific beliefs, but I believe some denominations think everyone is adult in heaven. So maybe they think Asa and Annabell are adults in heaven. 

• I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I find Lauren very, very annoying on screen, I cannot imagine meeting her in real life. So, so ignorant and well...dare I say uneducated and childish. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Her voice is just so slow and fake sounding to me. Like she's trying to sound like a cross between a phone sex operator and a really boring professor. ? I'd rather listen to Kendra giggle, at least she sounds genuine. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic