Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I’m having pretty terrifying images of what their wedding theme might be.

No one has ever had an anti-abortion theme wedding on FJ so maybe they can be first! 

  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

If you go to Rusty or Kendra Thomas's fb you can see a video of the proposal. They were both on stage singing at some sort meeting when he asked. 

I saw it too. What a lame proposal idea.

I had posted this on another thread:  Rusty gives a super creepy prayer while everyone gathers around Josiah and Mariah. He was yelling so hard it seemed like he was angry. That man terrifies me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Fundie wiki now has the Thomas family listed. I had trouble figuring out the Thomas family make up due to prior children. But it looks like Rusty had 4 girls then 5 boys with his first wife who died of cancer. He married Kendra the next year and she brought three girls into the marriage. Rusty and Kendra have only one daughter together. So that makes 13 kids, 12 living. The oldest 4 daughters are married and the oldest 2 sons are married. Their youngest 4 daughters are underage still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

Campbell posted an instagram story showing a bunch of Mortons at some sort of abortion protest - I wonder if the proposal came in-between protesting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia
15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What. the. actual. fuck. Imagine...IMAGINE telling your proposal story and it starts out with "we were at an anti-abortion festival and...." Every young ladies dream. Not. 

Unfortunately in their circles this is considered deeply romantic. 

Their protest disgusts me so so much and I pray that staff and women using this medical site are safe and don't let their evil harassment get to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Alyssa Campana Morton couldn’t make it. Because she had 3 children in 24 months. I hope Campbell and Mariah realize how much more limited their life will be once they start popping out babies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
12 hours ago, ophelia said:

Unfortunately in their circles this is considered deeply romantic. 

Their protest disgusts me so so much and I pray that staff and women using this medical site are safe and don't let their evil harassment get to them.

So far the police have created a buffer between them & their targets. They’re literally standing at doorways & sidewalks. Also roughly 100 volunteers escorts were trained in advance, knowing the scum were coming. And there are counter protests as well as a whole counter ‘event’-The Garbage Frye Festival.

Truthfully, they’re bothersome when they show up screaming but overall are having next to no impact. Not even making the news. Their conference is behind closed doors at the zoo conference center & their ‘youth training’ is in a fundie church, and the street is barricaded. They’re clearly more ‘threatened’ than threatening. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

And there are counter protests as well as a whole counter ‘event’-The Garbage Frye Festival.

Omg, I love this! I'm going to consider Lizz Winstead an honorary FJer from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

The Garbage Fyre Festival is a pretty great name. Lisa Metzger’s oldest daughter posted that one of the Garbage Fyre Festers got so close to Lisa that her hairy pit was in her face. I had to lol at the thought of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I just realized my phone changed the spelling of the festival-it’s as others correctly spelled, Fyre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Garbage Fyre Festival is a pretty great name. Lisa Metzger’s oldest daughter posted that one of the Garbage Fyre Festers got so close to Lisa that her hairy pit was in her face. I had to lol at the thought of it. 

I don't for a second believe that happened. The counter protestors are usally across a street. They're not swarming.

However, Molly Gaebe, who is part of an Abortion Access group, had videos up of her and a few other women showing their pit hair and snarking. I'd bet my lunch this chick saw the video and decided it happened to her. The Activist mommy chick seems to be a bit obsessed with Molly and/or Lizz. She also states, falsley, of course, that most counter protestors are lesbians. 

The twisting these morons do still stuns me, even though it doesn't surprise me. They're flat out lying about many things and there is no reason to believe anything that comes out of them this week. 

They supposedly "swarmed" the overpasses at rush hour. But, the one I drove under had three people up there. Three. And one sign. 

I wouldn't doubt they greatly exaggerate their numbers overall. All the protesting I've seen is maybe 25-30 people in one place, counting their kids. Maybe. I walked downtown today and went past two of the three clinics they're targeting but didn't spot a Morton or Campana. I have to be honest, I was really hoping to spot Frank Campana having a conniption with a megaphone and his offspring surrounding him with their hands raised to their sky daddy crying out to their god so I could record him. 

 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
51 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I don't for a second believe that happened. The counter protestors are usally across a street. They're not swarming.

However, Molly Gaebe, who is part of an Abortion Access group, had videos up of her and a few other women showing their pit hair and snarking. I'd bet my lunch this chick saw the video and decided it happened to her. The Activist mommy chick seems to be a bit obsessed with Molly and/or Lizz. She also states, falsley, of course, that most counter protestors are lesbians. 

The twisting these morons do still stuns me, even though it doesn't surprise me. They're flat out lying about many things and there is no reason to believe anything that comes out of them this week. 

They supposedly "swarmed" the overpasses at rush hour. But, the one I drove under had three people up there. Three. And one sign. 

I wouldn't doubt they greatly exaggerate their numbers overall. All the protesting I've seen is maybe 25-30 people in one place, counting their kids. Maybe. I walked downtown today and went past two of the three clinics they're targeting but didn't spot a Morton or Campana. I have to be honest, I was really hoping to spot Frank Campana having a conniption with a megaphone and his offspring surrounding him with their hands raised to their sky daddy crying out to their god so I could record him. 

 

I was really hoping it was true because I dislike Lisa Metzger almost as much as TAM. They are both narcissistic hateful lying trash and they both deserve much worse than an armpit near their faces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I don't for a second believe that happened. The counter protestors are usally across a street. They're not swarming.

It looks like they actually are all in the same area (note Campbell Morton in the background of one of these pics). My guess is that a prochoice protestor was holding a sign above her head in a crowded area and a nearby fundie decided that she must have been doing it at her. 

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
37 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It looks like they actually are all in the same area (note Campbell Morton in the background of one of these pics). My guess is that a prochoice protestor was holding a sign above her head in a crowded area and a nearby fundie decided that she must have been doing it at her. 

They all love playing the victim. It’s their most common go to move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donna
13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They all love playing the victim. It’s their most common go to move. 

Yeah true

Edited by Donna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sparrow

Did I hear Josiah correctly in the proposal video? It sounded like he shouted “hashtag baby OSA!” right after Mariah said yes. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, Donna said:

Yeah they really think they’re victims. They all deserve to be murdred in their beds those hatful disgusting people. They don’t care about anyone. They don’t care about babies! They’re a bunch of stupid, dumb pretenders who deserve to die. 

Everyone here, you guys are awesome. I can see you really love people. I feel so at home here’s because I love everyone too! I love equality and choice. I love individuality and peace.

I don’t think they deserve to be murdered in their beds. But I wish they would all get ticketed every time they show up at abortion protests with their kids and graphic signs and shouting at people going inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donna
13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think they deserve to be murdered in their beds. But I wish they would all get ticketed every time they show up at abortion protests with their kids and graphic signs and shouting at people going inside.

Why not? The world needs less of these hateful people 

Edited by Donna
  • Downvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zee_four
18 minutes ago, Donna said:

Yeah they really think they’re victims. They all deserve to be murdred in their beds those hatful disgusting people. They don’t care about anyone. They don’t care about babies! They’re a bunch of stupid, dumb pretenders who deserve to die. 

Everyone here, you guys are awesome. I can see you really love people. I feel so at home here because I love everyone too! I love equality and choice. I love individuality and peace.

Just sharing how I feel on here because I know you guys will understand.

I give your sad attempt at trolling an F. The SODRT grasp (or lack there of) of irony and the English language are shining through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sobeknofret
Quote

Yeah they really think they’re victims. They all deserve to be murdred in their beds those hatful disgusting people. They don’t care about anyone. They don’t care about babies! They’re a bunch of stupid, dumb pretenders who deserve to die. 

Everyone here, you guys are awesome. I can see you really love people. I feel so at home here’s because I love everyone too! I love equality and choice. I love individuality and peace.

No one deserves to be murdered in their beds. No one. And even the most extreme pro-choice people would really rather see an end to abortion. I know I'd love it if there became no need for abortion. 

But the wisest among us see the abortion issue for what it is: outlawed or not, there will always be women seeking an abortion, and I love women enough to make sure that they have access to safe ones, instead of back-alley abortions where the risk of death or permanent injury is multiple times higher.

I hate how they go about their mission- harassing women and medical providers, voting against social safety nets that would help pregnant women keep and raise their babies, voting against expanding medicare and expanding access to reproductive healthcare, including birth control, reforming adoption laws, etc. They just want a theocracy to punish women for their reproductive choices.

They see the same problems I do, they just don't really want to solve the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

Just yesterday I finished listening to the Bundyville podcast, in which an Oregon public radio reporter investigates Cliven Bundy's followers and, in this season, their ties to white nationalist movements and domestic terrorism. One figure that she profiles in depth is Matt Shea, a state rep from eastern Washington who somehow keeps getting elected even though leaked documents from his campaign include discussions with known militia leaders to plot violence against the government. He's also known for speaking at gathering of racist Christian Identity groups and spreading islamophobic conspiracy theories.

Anyway, today I check in on our OSA friends and who do I see but Matt Shea. He's in Milwaukee speaking at their event. The line between these groups and violent, racist extremism is incredibly thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

They're at the Capitol today. Their vidoe has them kneeling on the streets praying, among other things. I spotted Mortons. 

Madison is the most liberal city in the state. It's the Capitol but also home to the largest state University. Milwaukee, for all its issues, is also liberal. Can't say the same about the 'burbs, including the one I live in, but the cities themselves are home to the most liberal the state has to offer. I can't imagine they're receiving a very warm welcome. We also got rid of Walker so our Dem governor is not likely to cater to them. I can't imagine so much time and energy spent for....nothing. 

Matt Shea was on the local news last night. Well, a vidoe of him, but no audio. I guess the local MSM was censoring him. I got a kick out of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dripcurl

@caitrona @fundiefan I first saw the New Zealand claim in an Above Rubies issue a while ago. They should have picked a larger land mass for such a claim, especially since these brand of fundies preach self sufficiency. Yeah, all of the people could *fit* onto NZ (maybe???) but could we grow food and work there all together? NO. 

 

@JermajestyDuggar Storytime: My fiancé and I grew up in somewhat fundie homes, and met at our region’s big fundie conference 5 years ago. We flirted over the course of that summer and went our separate ways. This past winter I noticed he had been following me on IG for a while, so I followed him back, and after realizing he lived in the city I just moved to, I messaged him. We both have exited fundamentalism and are on our own spiritual path and totally fell in love. In April, after a dinner he drove me somewhere - I had on a blindfold - and he proposed at the bench he met me at 5 years before at the conference. It was very sweet and kind of cheesy but it was also cathartic knowing that neither of us would ever subscribe to the beliefs or lifestyle that was preached to us. We got engaged and are having a beautiful relationship because we are committed to being our best selves, not because we are obligated to follow the legalism that was sorrounding us when we were younger. We’re getting married next week. 

 

 

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

This is what the Mayor of Madison had to say after OSA was there today. 

On another note I saw a video and Martha was holding her daughter while chanting in a crowd and Sam was behind them holding one of his. The number of babies/small children they had with them -as a group, not just the ones I recognized-made my gut clench. There was some pretty nasty interaction with counter protestors-not violence or even screaming, but definite intimidation & passive-aggressive invasion of personal space-and to think of the kids watching that and thinking it’s normal/right is just...disturbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
On 7/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, AliC said:

Would a better phrase of choice for these people that claim to be pro-life be "selectively pro-life"?

No. The better name is forced birther.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.