IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

6 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Does LL still blog? Or does she have a public FB page?

When she's online it's mostly on IG (loralynnfanning), AFAIK, but there's a linktree at her IG with other links.

• Thank You 1

She doesn't post often - she even joked she hadn't blogged in such a long time she'd forgotten her passwords. She does do the occasional IG post. None of it is as snark worthy reading as her old blog was.

God I miss the hey day of blogging. So much snark worthy material.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I'll never forget when she finally turned my disgust into abhorrence.

Adopting a little girl from Africa and when they took her to the hotel, she slapped the kid away in the middle of the night when she tried to snuggle in for some love. Because, apparently, that baby had to be "trained" from the very second she entered LL's sphere, to self soothe in the middle of the night. She did let her leg touch or something, to "show the baby she's there" but she didn't cuddle or love her. 

So fucking disgusting I came as close to actually crying about what a fundie did as I ever have. 

• Disgust 6
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 2

Just doing a basic scan of LL immediately makes me think of Erika Shupe. They are like fundie life twins. Let’s hope this LoraLynn also has a kid that runs off the first chance they get. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I'll never forget when she finally turned my disgust into abhorrence.

Adopting a little girl from Africa and when they took her to the hotel, she slapped the kid away in the middle of the night when she tried to snuggle in for some love. Because, apparently, that baby had to be "trained" from the very second she entered LL's sphere, to self soothe in the middle of the night. She did let her leg touch or something, to "show the baby she's there" but she didn't cuddle or love her. 

So fucking disgusting I came as close to actually crying about what a fundie did as I ever have. 

A lot of the early adoption posts made me rage - like poor Ms carsick panic in a vehicle and LLs, she needs to be trained to be calm. Ugh. 

I didn't even realize the vitafam blog was gone. She made me almost as mad as the Mortons. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

A lot of the early adoption posts made me rage - like poor Ms carsick panic in a vehicle and LLs, she needs to be trained to be calm. Ugh. 

I didn't even realize the vitafam blog was gone. She made me almost as mad as the Mortons. 

This may sound cold but I’m really glad she can’t have any more kids. And I hope they don’t adopt any more. Because she would just beat them into submission.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This may sound cold but I’m really glad she can’t have any more kids.

I had no idea of this. Did something happen to her?

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I had no idea of this. Did something happen to her?

She said she had a partial hysterectomy on her Instagram. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She said she had a partial hysterectomy on her Instagram. 

I strongly suspect they had decided to be done anyway but yes. Now hopefully they won't adopt anymore because no, not this clan. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m feeling overly snarky today but jeez Martha’s relations skills are sending me over the edge 

FEF0A4BA-43E2-4A2B-8652-9F37FEFDCED3.png

Try reading her book sometime. It's comprehensible, but there are strong pockets of word soup.

A byproduct of Ma Morton's blitzschool education technique. According to Martha, she'd randomly yell or ring a bell, and they'd cluster around her and collectively yell answers to questions as she read them out of a workbook. Sessions were short, individual work was unheard-of, and the end product is a family of functionally illiterate people who have zero critical thinking skills, no understanding of history beyond alt-right talking points and Civil War reenactments, and who apparently receive their first biology lesson in the days leading up to their teen marriages.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m feeling overly snarky today but jeez Martha’s relations skills are sending me over the edge 

FEF0A4BA-43E2-4A2B-8652-9F37FEFDCED3.png

I just realized I typed relations and not redaction lol oops

20 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Try reading her book sometime. It's comprehensible, but there are strong pockets of word soup.

I’ll try but I know I already hate it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

just realized I typed relations and not redaction lol oops

Just out of curiosity, are you a native Spanish speaker? Redaction is sort of a false cognate-- in English it implies deleting information more than writing it.

(Apologies if I'm way off base about what you were trying to say!)

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Just out of curiosity, are you a native Spanish speaker? Redaction is sort of a false cognate-- in English it implies deleting information more than writing it.

(Apologies if I'm way off base about what you were trying to say!)

Yes, I’m a native Spanish speaker.

what I meant with redaction is sentence structuring and coherence

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

There is little to no education coming out from under pa Morton's umbrella. Particularly the girls. The boys have at least learned the construction business and can apparently make a living with their hands, which is fine. But the girls were not educated beyond making babies and supporting their headships and pretending they're living in the 18th century. The boys aren't educated academically either. Again, at least they can make a living, but it's unlikely they'll ever be able to do anything else even if they wanted to. 

I'm still a little put off by how immature John & Campbell are. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a baby right after the wedding - you do not, in fact, grow up. You still play with your friends and hold onto your immaturity. The ones who had babies got to play mommy and learn on the job. Campbell has no arrow for John's quiver so they have no reason to actually try to grow up. Their social media is like high school sweethearts dating. Nick Campana is like that too.

All these fundies keep thier children ignorant, childlike, immature and robotic until tossing them into a marriage and expecting babies. It's pretty scary, actually. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

There is little to no education coming out from under pa Morton's umbrella. Particularly the girls. The boys have at least learned the construction business and can apparently make a living with their hands, which is fine. But the girls were not educated beyond making babies and supporting their headships and pretending they're living in the 18th century. The boys aren't educated academically either. Again, at least they can make a living, but it's unlikely they'll ever be able to do anything else even if they wanted to. 

I'm still a little put off by how immature John & Campbell are. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a baby right after the wedding - you do not, in fact, grow up. You still play with your friends and hold onto your immaturity. The ones who had babies got to play mommy and learn on the job. Campbell has no arrow for John's quiver so they have no reason to actually try to grow up. Their social media is like high school sweethearts dating. Nick Campana is like that too.

All these fundies keep thier children ignorant, childlike, immature and robotic until tossing them into a marriage and expecting babies. It's pretty scary, actually. 

The Robertses are weird in my opinion. Norma is the only one with kids and when answering a question about having more, she seemed to not want more right away. Which sounds like she’s preventing. Her older brother has been married for awhile and his wife hasn’t announced a pregnancy. Marty Roberts has been in a relationship for well over a year and they aren’t engaged. A few Roberts sons are older and unmarried. I really don’t think the Roberts kids are like the Morton’s although one married a Morton. They are much more educated than the Morton’s. They aren’t all getting married young and popping out babies immediately. I am not saying Campbell is preventing. I think it’s likely she will at least try to blend in with the Morton clan. But she is likely more educated than her husband. 

• Upvote 3

The really sad part of the miseducation of the Morton kids is that Grandpa Cox (Jeanine's dad) was a highly educated man who worked as a head of a school board or something like that.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Advice please.

I looked up Martha on instagram and scrolled through her pictures. By mistake I liked a post. I immediately pressed the button again so it seemed like my "like" was cancelled out BUT now she is liking all my posts. My instagram is entirely banal and pedestrian - mostly consisting of pictures of my pets, my garden, and things I've made that I'm proud of. I can see how a fundie might think I'm of similar mind because there is nothing to indicate that I am one of those "nasty" feminists. What to do? She has been nothing but polite and friendly - commenting on how lovely my flowers or pets are and being as I am Canadian I am obligated to politely say thank you and complement her back . Dear sweet baby Jesus, I think we are becoming internet friends.  I don't want to block her/be blocked because it seems rude and I do love to snark about Mortons and I don't want to change the theme of my instagram (because it cheers me up to scroll through the pictures) but what to do? It feels all kinds of icky but now we are in a "thank you" spiral and it is veering out of control. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

@browngrl, I would simply stop responding to her comments. She was probably advised by her plexus upline to interact more with her followers in the hopes of starting a conversation that leads to a sale.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She was probably advised by her plexus upline to interact more with her followers

This. Where would Plexus & the other MLMs be without social media?

If you are really creeped out you could block her. She won't know that you did so -- just won't be able to see anything of your IG account. Since her IG feed is currently public, you would, AFAIK, still be able to see her IG feed. 

I have also accidentally "liked" some fundie IG posts. This is especially easy to do on my phone or iPad.

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But she is likely more educated than her husband. 

She probably is more educated than her husband when it comes to basic things like spelling, grammar, etc (although, to be honest,  the bar is quite low in the Morton clan) yet I think her abilities to make up her own mind and think critically are also quite limited since she was also brought up in their white-fundie-VF-bubble.

• Upvote 7

On 8/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, hoipolloi said:

This. Where would Plexus & the other MLMs be without social media?

If you are really creeped out you could block her. She won't know that you did so -- just won't be able to see anything of your IG account. Since her IG feed is currently public, you would, AFAIK, still be able to see her IG feed. 

I have also accidentally "liked" some fundie IG posts. This is especially easy to do on my phone or iPad.

Is anyone watching On Becoming a God in Central Florida, a Showtime series about MLMs with Kirsten Dundst?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Is anyone watching On Becoming a God in Central Florida, a Showtime series about MLMs with Kirsten Dundst?

Yes!! I absolutely love it - so glad it was mentioned here. FAM sounds so much like Plexus

• Upvote 1

So Kressant posted this week that the water was out for several days and today she posted pics of Mike repairing the water tank.  This is not an unusual occurrence as she not infrequently posts that they have no water.  I always flash back to their wedding when her dad pontificated about how she would now have to follow her husband to the ends of the unearth without complaining.  I wonder if they all realized that she actually would.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, Black Aliss said:

Isn't it rather disrepectful of the flag to use it as a tablecloth? Or is it okay as long as no one kneels in front of it?

Exactly. Especially anyone of a color other than white. When I point out that the flag code does not mention kneeling being disrespectful, but DOES mention that wearing the flag as clothing is, they tend to ignore me.  Those outraged by football players kneeling keep right on wearing their USA hats and shirts with flags. Or tablecloths.

WHY can't actually reading the flag code give anyone insight as to their own behaviors? 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic