IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

This is what the Mayor of Madison had to say after OSA was there today. 

On another note I saw a video and Martha was holding her daughter while chanting in a crowd and Sam was behind them holding one of his. The number of babies/small children they had with them -as a group, not just the ones I recognized-made my gut clench. There was some pretty nasty interaction with counter protestors-not violence or even screaming, but definite intimidation & passive-aggressive invasion of personal space-and to think of the kids watching that and thinking it’s normal/right is just...disturbing.

was the video on instagram? (the one alyssa was also in?)

It does look like Alyssa and Sam are there. It’s ridiculous how these people think teaching kids about safe sex and thorough sex Ed is somehow robbing them of their childhoods. You know what actually robs them of their childhoods? Forced parenting of their siblings and dragging them to abortion protests where they hold graphic signs and cry hysterically because they are told babies are being murdered there. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

If you want to stop abortions or at least greatly decrease the number of abortions

1. improve the legal system so it is not the victim of rape who is on trial and help them get justice and find  effective ways to treat rapists or abusers so they don't hurt anyone again

2.  make excellent birth control and make it widely and easily available

3. give people the education they need regarding sexual matters

4. offer women the support they need to care for a child eg good maternity leave, health care, child care options at a reasonable price etc

6. find ways to treat  medical issues that might affect the mother or child 

7. find ways to help cultures evolve away from the idea that a son is somehow better than a daughter

All of these things are hard and complicated and will take time and money and much effort.  Fundies don't want to do anything like that.  They'd rather just force the woman carrying the baby to do all the work while they pat themselves on the back for "saving a life". Ask them to pay or to do any real work or support a person who disagrees or worse argues with them and they go full MAGA.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

All of these things are hard and complicated and will take time and money and much effort.  Fundies don't want to do anything like that.  They'd rather just force the woman carrying the baby to do all the work while they pat themselves on the back for "saving a life". Ask them to pay or to do any real work or support a person who disagrees or worse argues with them and they go full MAGA.

And they're not just uninterested in solving the problem-- they practically worship the conditions that create the problem. In their eyes, an employer who pays poverty wages, doesn't offer family leave or health coverage, creates unpredictable schedules, and keeps all his workers at-will or contingent is a hero of the free market, a job creator whose wisdom must never be questioned. The woman living in meager or unstable circumstances, who must choose between continuing a pregnancy or keeping her job and a roof over her head in an economy with no safety net, is the sinner.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

No. The better name is forced birther.

Or, anti-choice. I am pro-choice and also pro-life. Those people are not in any way pro-life.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It does look like Alyssa and Sam are there. It’s ridiculous how these people think teaching kids about safe sex and thorough sex Ed is somehow robbing them of their childhoods. You know what actually robs them of their childhoods? Forced parenting of their siblings and dragging them to abortion protests where they hold graphic signs and cry hysterically because they are told babies are being murdered there. 

What also robs them is being 20 and having four kids.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Or, anti-choice. I am pro-choice and also pro-life. Those people are not in any way pro-life.

This confuses me. 

5 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This confuses me. 

Typically people who say they are pro-life are not actually pro-life if you look a little closer at their views. Those people typically are not pro-life when it comes to the mother, refugees, and convicts on death row. Only some “life” matters to them. So they aren’t pro-life.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Typically people who say they are pro-life are not actually pro-life if you look a little closer at their views. Those people typically are not pro-life when it comes to the mother, refugees, and convicts on death row. Only some “life” matters to them. So they aren’t pro-life.

They're not even pro-life for the child once it's born.  "Pro-life" for embryos and fetuses only is anything but.

Edited by dramallama
Clarity
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 6/19/2019 at 5:22 PM, albireo said:

I found it! He explains "the way of a man with his maid" a day or two before the wedding. Ew. It's written very euphemistically, but I think he's referring to the actual mechanics of sex.

https://mortonclan.blogspot.com/2007/09/note-from-michael.html

I've been catching up on several years of S'Morton news, so I just saw this. The tidbit that get me is:

My practice has been to take them out to dinner very close to the wedding date, like two days before and explain to them 'the way of a man with his maid'

I get why Papa Morton does this, from his point of view - to avoid obvious reactions from the young man being instructed (whether that would be "Wait- what?" "Yippee!" or "Duh, Dad, I've seen the goats, the cats, the dogs . . . "), and make sure no younger kids hear the description. But it still seems like an awful setting in which to be hearing something so intimate.

Must be fun if waitstaff comes by. I assume Papa doesn't bring a picture book or models to help with his explanation. Or maybe he deals with the visual aids and the waitstaff at the same time "We'll have the sausage and oyster platter, little lady, and don't you come back until you see me wavin' at you."

It also made me think of this old, old joke:

Spoiler

A woman goes to the doctor and complains that her husband is losing interest in sex. The doctor gives her a pill and tells her to slip it into his mashed potatoes at dinner. So that night, she does just that.

About a week later, she’s back at the doctor, and says, “Doc, the pill worked great! I put it in the potatoes like you said. Not even five minutes later he jumped up, raked all the food and dishes onto the floor, and we had sex right there on the table!”

The doctor says, “That's wonderful!”

“Only one problem,” she says, “We can never go back to that restaurant again."

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Haha 18

My practice has been to take them out to dinner very close to the wedding date, like two days before and explain to them 'the way of a man with his maid'

Here I am thinking of these books

• WTF 1
  • Haha 4

I guess these anti abortion assholes shouldn’t have brought their kids to this protest then! Oh and no one was passing out the an abortion pill. It was the morning after pill. They area so ignorant it hurts. 

51ADF469-DFA7-465E-92DB-FC9DEE02B073.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

The only thing these fuckwads like better than harassing patients at PP clinics is acting like victims of persecution.

Asshats. 

If I'd been there, I'd have called CPS to have the kids taken away from fundie idiots who'd deliberately bring small children into a planned confrontation. 

• Upvote 11

This picture is from 2017’s OSA event. That’s TAM’s daughter crying about all the murdered babies. These people are abusing their children by bringing them to these protests. 

2E96E769-2A54-43BC-8995-3C0DE51AEB95.png

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These people are abusing their children by bringing them to these protests. 

ITA.

But then, what can you expect from idiots who choose not to use child or infant carseats, are anti-vax, and think essential oils are better than real medical care?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

"Cast spells against us!" Wtf? Does she really believe this shit?

My god, they got in your faces, wrote on the sidewalk where you were trying to conduct your business, physically blocked you from doing something, and held up signs you found objectionable? What monstrous tactics. I'm sure OSA never does those things.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

"Cast spells against us!" Wtf? Does she really believe this shit?

My god, they got in your faces, wrote on the sidewalk where you were trying to conduct your business, physically blocked you from doing something, and held up signs you found objectionable? What monstrous tactics. I'm sure OSA never does those things.

They do. But it’s different when they do it. Because they are special.

• Upvote 9

The mental gymnastics these people perform in their bubbles is damn scary. I'm astonished at the ability of the human mind to turn off and turn around the world in order to fit their view.

Actual "witches" were not doing anything - they were mocking.

The Christian persecution cries are getting old. When the already 10,000 sf church down the street from work is boarded up in stead of adding another 15,000 sf, then we'll talk about "persecution".

• Upvote 9

"waaah waaah I can't force everyone else to believe the exact same things I do and live the exact same way I do, and sometimes they get angry when I try anyway" = PERSECUTION!!111 to these morons

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

...they...physically blocked you from doing something, and held up signs you found objectionable...

Sounds exactly what these idiots themselves do at their PP rallies :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This picture is from 2017’s OSA event. That’s TAM’s daughter crying about all the murdered babies. These people are abusing their children by bringing them to these protests. 

2E96E769-2A54-43BC-8995-3C0DE51AEB95.png

The two girls behind are Campana girls - Gracia and Gabby maybe? Or Mariah. 

10 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

The two girls behind are Campana girls - Gracia and Gabby maybe? Or Mariah. 

Yeah and I think Valiant Thomas is back there too. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Spinosaurus said:

Valiant?  Who the fuck calls their child Valiant?  

Lol fundies. I think they call him Val most of the time. 

• Upvote 3

Well, I hope so, or he's going to die prematurely from embarrassment poisoning.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic