IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, JMO said:

So Kressant posted this week that the water was out for several days and today she posted pics of Mike repairing the water tank.  This is not an unusual occurrence as she not infrequently posts that they have no water.  I always flash back to their wedding when her dad pontificated about how she would now have to follow her husband to the ends of the unearth without complaining.  I wonder if they all realized that she actually would.  

I cannot imagine. The bottles in the post show they have drinking water but no baths, no flushing, no washing. It gives me hives to think about. 

And it's happened before.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On Campbell's instagram story today she had frames showing  1. a chain of people,  2.the number 2 , 3. two entwined wedding rings and 4. the words "ha ha". 

What does this mean? Is she trying to troll people?

If she is using birth control to control her fertility and enjoying the child free time for her and her husband then her trolling has failed because I highly approve of a woman exercising her right to choose her own reproductive options.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, browngrl said:

On Campbell's instagram story today she had frames showing  1. a chain of people,  2.the number 2 , 3. two entwined wedding rings and 4. the words "ha ha". 

What does this mean? Is she trying to troll people?

If she is using birth control to control her fertility and enjoying the child free time for her and her husband then her trolling has failed because I highly approve of a woman exercising her right to choose her own reproductive options.

It's just instagram maintenance. You can make categories on your page that link to different photos, but when you first set it up it publishes each category as a story.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

@NachosFlandersStyle I thought the same, but it's beyond my powers of decryption to work out what she intends those categories to be. 

The numeric 2, the heart, and the rings are all overlapping labels for general pics of herself and John. Since she has a separate account for photography, I can't see what the point would be to use those for pics of engaged/married couples that aren't herself and john, but even so, why have three that are essentially the same thing in their world?

The paper-chain children could be a holding bin for pics of the nieces and nephews, or perhaps just social stuff. "Ha ha" is almost certainly goofy family pics. She and her siblings seem to exchange those quite a lot, and the younger Mortons have started as well.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JMO said:

So Kressant posted this week that the water was out for several days and today she posted pics of Mike repairing the water tank.  This is not an unusual occurrence as she not infrequently posts that they have no water.  I always flash back to their wedding when her dad pontificated about how she would now have to follow her husband to the ends of the unearth without complaining.  I wonder if they all realized that she actually would.  

I know that Instagram isn't showing the reality of people's life, but Kressant's postings always gives me the feeling that she enjoys life in the Chaco and the fact that she and her husband (and the kids) started this adventure. She probably is pretty annoyed that she didn't have running water for a few days, but probably sees this as part of this life. I could be totally wrong though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I thought the same, but it's beyond my powers of decryption to work out what she intends those categories to be. 

Go to her page, there's a title under each category.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Ah, okay. I saw them in her stories, but didn't see them in situ. 

After watching them, I gotta say, I'm low-key jealous of the Roberts siblings family dynamic. 

• Upvote 1

Ah, okay. I saw them in her stories, but didn't see them in situ. 
After watching them, I gotta say, I'm low-key jealous of the Roberts siblings family dynamic. 

It’s easy to feel jealous based on the image they curate on social media, but keep in mind that:
-they are all woefully undereducated and would have a difficult time finding gainful employment outside of their insular community
-they are largely unable to make friends outside of that community. They are all close because they have married people who have been their family friends for years. They have very little identity outside of their family unit
-if there were to be a Gilead-like takeover of the United States, the Roberts and fam would be on the front lines. They are not run of the mill conservative Christians. They wholeheartedly embrace all of the woman-controlling aspects of the American right wing. Sure, I would love a closer relationship with my siblings, but not if my brothers viewed me as these people view women

I know you know most of this, but I find myself getting sucked into their social media image sometimes too and have to snap myself out of it.
  • Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I might have the phrasing slightly off, but I'm reminded of a saying I've heard some ex-mormons use about the LDS church when people talk about something they enjoyed about being in the church: "What's good isn't unique, and what's unique isn't good"  I think the same could be applied to the Robertses and other fundie families discussed here.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Two bits of idle speculation based on Morton Instagram:

The pics that Martha has up in her stories make me wonder if Dorothy could be expecting her next one.

Have heard radio silence about Addie's courtship in recent weeks, feel like maybe it fell through. She's getting a dog, which strikes me as a post-breakup move.

Speculation aside, Campbell is hawking skincare products now. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Have heard radio silence about Addie's courtship in recent weeks, feel like maybe it fell through. She's getting a dog, which strikes me as a post-breakup move. 

It strikes me that way too, but she is still Facebook friends with him and the family, and she still follows his SIL on Instagram. On the other hand, this is a very, very long courtship for a Morton if it's still going. Who knows.

Edited by albireo
misidentified a person
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, albireo said:

It strikes me that way too, but she is still Facebook friends with him and the family, and she still follows his sister on Instagram. On the other hand, this is a very, very long courtship for a Morton if it's still going. Who knows.

The only reason I can think of is that he is not a Morton. Which means the ball is in his court when it comes to an engagement. We know the Morton boys are quick to propose. But Addie has to wait patiently like a good and submissive fundie girl. His timeline for a relationship could look different from the Morton sons.

• Upvote 4

There just isn't a good template to follow for the Morton daughters. Katie was shuttled into Alan's slimey arms with indecent haste considering that virtually the entire period of time between the start of their "courtship" and the wedding itself was spent planning the wedding. And Martha had the longest-yet courtship and engagement, but the families were likely waiting on Tayte to become a legal adult. Plus the Alexanders were kind of new in town at that point. There seemed to be a lot of general hesitation on that one.

Addie is pushing 30, has no other prospects in her corner of fundyland, and continues to be a primary caregiver to Katie's brood. She collects dogs and babysits. Micheal (the "interested party") may have backed down a bit from his interest, or it's possible that this sudden new dog obsession is due to him. Maybe he's into spaniel breeding, and she really wants to be a part of his hobbies? This does seem to be a very odd new avenue of interest for her. The Mortons casually and unemotionally adopt strays. They aren't huge proponents of veterinary care, breed specialties, or indoor pets. It's hard to reconcile that with Addie's sudden passion for King Charles Spaniels, but whatever. At least she's not having babies.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

She collects dogs and babysits

Until you posted this I didn't even realize there was more than one puppy. But yes, she got Millie in Jacksonville last week and then just yesterday drove by Noah and Dorothy's place on her way to pick up another. What the hell?

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Until you posted this I didn't even realize there was more than one puppy. But yes, she got Millie in Jacksonville last week and then just yesterday drove by Noah and Dorothy's place on her way to pick up another. What the hell?

Two guesses: either she decided to give Millie to Martha (who has been posting the pup like it's hers now), or the new puppy is a male, and she's legit trying dog breeding.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mariah Campana has some pretty unsettling Instagram stories up that feature her future headship screaming uncontrollably at her for filming him while he's driving. She smirks and continues filming; he rages, makes comments that are possibly intended to be humorous (DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???), and eventually swats the phone away.

I assume it's supposed to be a joke or playful banter, but none of the other people in the car seem 100% comfortable with it. And Mariah elected to post the videos with the caption "he's so funny when he's mad". 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 8

5 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Mariah Campana has some pretty unsettling Instagram stories up that feature her future headship screaming uncontrollably at her for filming him while he's driving. She smirks and continues filming; he rages, makes comments that are possibly intended to be humorous (DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???), and eventually swats the phone away.

I assume it's supposed to be a joke or playful banter, but none of the other people in the car seem 100% comfortable with it. And Mariah elected to post the videos with the caption "he's so funny when he's mad". 

I think he’s trying to be funny but it’s just obnoxious.

• I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

IMO, this is a common meta-theme on her instagram, particularly with the males. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah, he's clearly not actually angry but it's also not amusing or endearing in any possible way. Maybe it's some sort of theater exercise, more likely he's just one of those tedious people who thinks it's funny to make other people squirm.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Mariah is sending out invites. So I imagine the wedding is sooner rather than later. They wouldn’t send them out now if it was in February.

F7F2B1B8-12D2-4450-93EF-2003D4ED8FE4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like Mariah is sending out invites. So I imagine the wedding is sooner rather than later. They wouldn’t send them out now if it was in February.

F7F2B1B8-12D2-4450-93EF-2003D4ED8FE4.jpeg

My cousin is getting married feb 29th and I got my invitation a few days ago. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

My cousin is getting married feb 29th and I got my invitation a few days ago. 

That’s so early. I understand sending out save the dates early. I believe the norm is around 6-8 weeks before when it comes to invitations.

I think Mariah is pulling a Duggar and putting a false date on the registry.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

She may just be prepping them now with the holidays coming and all, just to make sure they're ready to go. I did my invites in March, but didn't mail them until early May for a late June wedding. Just trying to keep on top of things. 

But, she may be mailing them sooner rather than later, too. I have received many invites a couple months in advance. I know there is supposed ettiquet surrounding these things, but I also don't think etiquette is the be all, end all and you just do what works for you. Who cares, really, if you get the invite 3 months in advance or 6 weeks? 

Not that I take joy in defending the abortion marriage, mind you. Just that I don't find it relevant or to mean much or matter in the big picture. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

She may just be prepping them now with the holidays coming and all, just to make sure they're ready to go. I did my invites in March, but didn't mail them until early May for a late June wedding. Just trying to keep on top of things. 

But, she may be mailing them sooner rather than later, too. I have received many invites a couple months in advance. I know there is supposed ettiquet surrounding these things, but I also don't think etiquette is the be all, end all and you just do what works for you. Who cares, really, if you get the invite 3 months in advance or 6 weeks? 

Not that I take joy in defending the abortion marriage, mind you. Just that I don't find it relevant or to mean much or matter in the big picture. 

I’m only saying it because I think their wedding date was listed as sooner than February 29th and then it was changed to that date. It seems very like them to put up a fake date on their registry. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Campanas were at the Mortons for Thanksgiving. Was it just because they've like minded families & shared grandchildren, or are there of age male/female hook ups happening? Gabriella is 19, Gracia is 17. Edwin is 18. Paul is only 17 right now, but he & Gracia are the same age. Is there a pairing happening, or just fundies hanging with like minded fundies? Hard to tell, but history tells something is up. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic