IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, Spinosaurus said:

Valiant?  Who the fuck calls their child Valiant?  

You need to look up what Peter BRADRICK! named his kids. No one spoil it! It must be seen!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Well.  I looked all the way through the BRADRICK! threads until I found it:

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage (pretty sure they call him by his middle name)

Shepherd Thomas

There are precisely three actual real 'someone normal would call their child this' names out of those, i.e. 25%.  That's not nice.  I mean, if you want to call your child If-Christ-had-not-died-thou-hadst-been-damned fair enough, but at least give him a normal middle name like Derek that he can go by if he wants.

ETA: the above quote is from @Sister Mozz, on this thread:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30817-bradrick-divorce-part-3-now-with-remarriage/?page=10

Edited by Spinosaurus
Not nice to plagiarise people up.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

While we're on the subject of Campanas and Trewhellas, have we discussed this? It's a short Return of the Daughters-esque film promoting the quiverfull lifestyle, and they and a handful of other families are interviewed in it. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just skipped ahead far enough to hear Mariah refer to her mother as a "dieticianist."

• Haha 10
  • Thank You 9

Never heard of this film! Thank you for posting it. I have a strange obsession with "documentaries" like these and when "Return of the Daughters" was free on Youtube a few years ago I was really excited to finally be able to watch it. 

• Upvote 6

@NachosFlandersStyle - thanks for this link. It's fascinating if depressing.

The parents are terrible human beings, particularly the Campanas & Trewhellas. The Campana segment starts about 31:00.

Also, looks like Benjamin Botkin has been replaced as fundiedom's go-to composer of video scores. Can't say it's for the better, either.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Spinosaurus said:

@NachosFlandersStyle, a dieticianist?  Is she homeschooled or homeschooling?

Mariah just got engaged to Josiah Thomas so I’m sure she will be homeschooling in the future. Let’s hope she’s not as fertile as her sister. Who had three babies in 24 months.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

While we're on the subject of Campanas and Trewhellas, have we discussed this? It's a short Return of the Daughters-esque film promoting the quiverfull lifestyle, and they and a handful of other families are interviewed in it. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just skipped ahead far enough to hear Mariah refer to her mother as a "dieticianist."

:ew: the first family just kept getting money or land etc., they say God will provide, but really it's the people in their parish that actually freakin work. 

The last family, the mom is just so out of it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

@NachoFlandersStyle thanks for the recommendation. It totally helped through my insomnia spell last night. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, divadivine said:

@NachoFlandersStyle thanks for the recommendation. It totally helped through my insomnia spell last night. 

Damn.. I couldn't sleep either this night, but after a long hot day I had totally forgotten about this. 

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Thanks for the link, @NachosFlandersStyle.

And WOW. Even compared to the other QF families, Daddy Campana comes across as completely unhinged and scary. I would hate to ever cross paths with him.

I haven’t watched yet. Do they mention Lisa’s oldest children that aren’t Frank’s? 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do they mention Lisa’s oldest children that aren’t Frank’s? 

No, don't think so. Are they from an earlier marriage?

Not that it's so unusual for these fundies to lie by omission about such things. See, e.g., James & Stacy McDonald and the Sanders parents.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I haven’t watched yet. Do they mention Lisa’s oldest children that aren’t Frank’s? 

I watched it and I'm almost sure (but I could be wrong) that they didn't mention them.

I had actually forgotten about them, I only know of an older son who "left" and then returned (or am I totally confused here)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, cami said:

I watched it and I'm almost sure (but I could be wrong) that they didn't mention them.

I had actually forgotten about them, I only know of an older son who "left" and then returned (or am I totally confused here)

She has two sons. One with her maiden name and one with a name I found that matches with records tied to Lisa, the first husband is still alive. Her oldest was in jail (I think) and released a few years ago. Her other son is not at all involved with their lifestyle from what I've found other than allowing the family around the kids. He has almost no footprint online. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

She has two sons. One with her maiden name and one with a name I found that matches with records tied to Lisa, the first husband is still alive. Her oldest was in jail (I think) and released a few years ago. Her other son is not at all involved with their lifestyle from what I've found other than allowing the family around the kids. He has almost no footprint online. 

If your mother morphed into a Campana borg, would you want the online world to know you're related? I totally get him having no online presence, presumably to avoid any connection to that crazy. 

One of the two boys just had a baby - Tilly, I think. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

If your mother morphed into a Campana borg, would you want the online world to know you're related? I totally get him having no online presence, presumably to avoid any connection to that crazy. 

One of the two boys just had a baby - Tilly, I think. 

No, it's completely understandable and its why I've always avoided using his name. 2nd son is Tilly's and the other non-Morton grandchild's father. I think a boy. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
Clarify
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

No, it's completely understandable and its why I've always avoided using his name. 2nd son is Tilly's and the other non-Morton grandchild's father. I think a boy. 

Tilly has a brother and a sister. You can find them in Mariah's old IG posts (or maybe Alyssa's? Ι can't check right now.) 

• Upvote 3

Does anyone else think that Martha is struggling with some serious depression but is trying to use plexus and putting on a happy with a million posts to try and cover for it? Every now and then she slips in a post about something one of her sisters did for her that makes me think that they are trying to encourage and support her out of it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Kennedy posted that they just returned from a relaxing fun cruise without the kids.  I'm voting for baby #3 in April. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Kennedy posted that they just returned from a relaxing fun cruise without the kids.  I'm voting for baby #3 in April. 

Especially since she mentioned that Tom dived, but she didn't -- I'm betting before April. 

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, caitrona said:

Especially since she mentioned that Tom dived, but she didn't -- I'm betting before April. 

Good catch. They finished up a diving certification in Florida 3 weeks ago, so they were likely doing that to prepare to dive together on their cruise. If she had just found out she was pregnant in between the certification and the cruise, there would need to have been a change of plans.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JMO said:

Does anyone else think that Martha is struggling with some serious depression but is trying to use plexus and putting on a happy with a million posts to try and cover for it? Every now and then she slips in a post about something one of her sisters did for her that makes me think that they are trying to encourage and support her out of it. 

it must be really hard for her to be surrounded by super-fertile sisters-in-law, considering how much emphasis they place on having babies etc..

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic