IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

16 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Am I missing a pun or why is it the Brady bRunch house?

As much as I would hope that it's just a typo on her part, I honestly think that's just how uncultured she is. The only times she typed it correctly was in tagging the location, which Instagram usually just generates for you based off of your location and/or the first letter or two that you type. Her "Brady Brunch House" is just text on a photo, and to autocorrect, those are all real words! So, no, you're not missing anything. They didn't turn the Brady Bunch House into a bed and breakfast -- there's no such thing as the Brady Brunch House. It's just Jana being Jana -- ignoring accuracy, just as she did with her Grand Canyon post!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

As much as I would hope that it's just a typo on her part, I honestly think that's just how uncultured she is. The only times she typed it correctly was in tagging the location, which Instagram usually just generates for you based off of your location and/or the first letter or two that you type. Her "Brady Brunch House" is just text on a photo, and to autocorrect, those are all real words! So, no, you're not missing anything. They didn't turn the Brady Bunch House into a bed and breakfast -- there's no such thing as the Brady Brunch House. It's just Jana being Jana -- ignoring accuracy, just as she did with her Grand Canyon post!

LOL, y’all must not watch much TV! The house in Jana’s Instagram post was used for the exterior shots in “The Brady Bunch.” Its longtime owner (or her estate?) recently sold it to HGTV, which renovated it to look like the sets of the show. The actors who played the Brady kids co-starred in the HGTV series about the renovation. HGTV’s corporate siblings have done a bunch of tie-in shows. Food Network had the actors as judges on “Chopped,” and on “The Pioneer Woman,” Ree Drummond went to the house and cooked food inspired by the show. (She was really excited; it was sweet.) Perhaps Counting On is getting a piece of the action.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

LOL, y’all must not watch much TV! The house in Jana’s Instagram post was used for the exterior shots in “The Brady Bunch.” Its longtime owner (or her estate?) recently sold it to HGTV, which renovated it to look like the sets of the show. The actors who played the Brady kids co-starred in the HGTV series about the renovation. HGTV’s corporate siblings have done a bunch of tie-in shows. Food Network had the actors as judges on “Chopped,” and on “The Pioneer Woman,” Ree Drummond went to the house and cooked food inspired by the show. (She was really excited; it was sweet.) Perhaps Counting On is getting a piece of the action.

Oh, even though I don’t have cable, I certainly knew about the whole renovation thing! As a Brady Bunch fan myself, I was very happy to hear about it! And I bet you’re absolutely right about Counting On wanting in on the publicity of the newly renovated attraction. And if not TLC, then it’s probably the Duggars (mostly the parents) themselves. I didn’t really think much about it from that side in my last post — I just was commenting on Jana’s typo (which she never corrected.)

That aside, does anyone know why their going on this whole road trip thing? Is it for publicity? Counting On? To be more relatable? Fun? Educational and cultural enrichment purposes? ? Is TLC paying for this? So many questions and I need answers!!

• Upvote 2

The Slate Culture podcast recently reviewed that HGTV Brady House show and was....not kind. Y'all snarkers might appreciate it!

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I watch a lot of HGTV and I've never seen an episode of the Brady Bunch. And in their whole lead up to the show, I thought it would be so stupid. But my husband and I super enjoyed the two episodes we watched!

Every HGTV show now is so formulaic and identical. Even the home designs are all very nearly the same style. So I enjoyed watching them try and find wallpaper and items to match the original decor. It's gimmicky and over the top in many ways, but way more interesting than another bland episode of Property Brothers where the brothers don't actually do anything and the suspense is all faked. And every episode includes: "what we'd do is knock out this wall between the kitchen and living space and give you a massive island with white stone countertops." 

• Upvote 6

I don’t know why the Duggars seem to take adult women into their home, maybe it’s for extra help with teaching, cleaning, cooking..., but whatever the reason, I am glad that nearing 30 YO Jana has Laura for company. Can you imagine going from a home and room with many same aged sisters, and built in friends ( per the parents) to living in a home where the nearest females are 53 and 14 years old? How lonely would that be? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

It's gimmicky and over the top in many ways, but way more interesting than another bland episode of Property Brothers where the brothers don't actually do anything and the suspense is all faked. And every episode includes: "what we'd do is knock out this wall between the kitchen and living space and give you a massive island with white stone countertops." 

Don't forget the part where 10 minutes later they have a meltdown because OMG the massive wall in the middle of the house that they plan on knocking down is actually load bearing and they didn't think of that before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 23

Having never seen a single episode of Property Brothers I now feel completely caught up, thanks! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

On 10/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Wait, is your dad named John or Jerry?

It all sounds fun but I'm happy to be from a small family with no repeated names. Our weird thing (though not me) is going by your middle name. My grandma didn't know she was Ethel Grace (not just Grace) until she had to get some government ID at 18!

My family does this middle name thing as well a lot and my Grandfather went by Chriss which was a play off his last name, his name was Boyce. It gets confusing sometimes lol.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The Pioneer Woman,” Ree Drummond went to the house and cooked food inspired by the show. (She was really excited; it was sweet.)

I hate the woman with the fire of 1000 suns. Lol

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

She's pretty awful and racist.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, SassyPants said:

I don’t know why the Duggars seem to take adult women into their home, maybe it’s for extra help with teaching, cleaning, cooking..., but whatever the reason, I am glad that nearing 30 YO Jana has Laura for company. Can you imagine going from a home and room with many same aged sisters, and built in friends ( per the parents) to living in a home where the nearest females are 53 and 14 years old? How lonely would that be? 

It reminds me of a Jane Austen novel. Laura is Jana’s “companion.” And Tabitha Paine was their “governess.” You’ve got to figure out what an unmarried adult woman should do if she doesn’t have a man to complete her.

• Upvote 11

40 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

She's pretty awful and racist.

Really??? What did she say/do? (genuine question)

I have never watched her show but used to read her blog in the early days (back when she was not famous and had the Black Heels to Tractor Wheels as blog posts). Also, IMO, her biscuit recipe is the best: biscuits were my nemesis, and, thanks to her recipe, I conquered them!

I'm crushed that she is/might be a racist! :( 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

From her 2015 blog.

I couldn't get a good look at the star a bunch of the Howlers were standing on in one of Jana's IG stories the other day, and I told myself it had to be Trump's because who else would they even know? I'm sure Jana revisited that star on this trip. (Unless it's been removed already. I think I read that it was going to be removed because of all of the vandalism that it's attracted).

• Upvote 2

On 10/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, TeaELSee said:

Same! I cannot stand her at all and her show makes me cringe. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I had no idea about pioneer woman. Damn it. I adored her show and have several of her books. Well, no more. Bye, Ree. ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I'm probably being a bit BEC but I'm really over Jana's Instagram. When I followed her I was interested to try and get a sense of who she is and what her personality is, as we've never really seen much from the TV show. But now? - yaaawwwwnnnnn. How many more pictures of coffee cups and long-panning-scenery shots do I need in my life? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

How many more pictures of coffee cups and long-panning-scenery shots do I need in my life? 

If you're bored looking at the polished, hyped-up Instagram version of her life, imagine how boring it must be actually living it. It's like coffee is the most exciting thing she knows about. 

Speaking of coffee, why is it that Christian Coffee Girls exclusively drink (and post about) beige milk-and-sugar concoctions? Are they as afraid of dark coffee as they are of dark people?

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Speaking of coffee, why is it that Christian Coffee Girls exclusively drink (and post about) beige milk-and-sugar concoctions? Are they as afraid of dark coffee as they are of dark people?

Not a Christian Coffee Girl, but as an early 20s white female, this is something that had eluded me as well. I drink black coffee daily and always get disgusted looks from people who think my choice is disgusting and who can only drink coffee with a million creams and sugars in them. I think for these girls it has a popularity aspect to it where it’s really popular to get beige colored iced coffees and put them on social media to show that you’re a busy girl who treats herself to or can’t get through a day without coffee. It becomes part of their personality, which really just shows how boring of a person they are. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

If you're bored looking at the polished, hyped-up Instagram version of her life, imagine how boring it must be actually living it. It's like coffee is the most exciting thing she knows about. 

And to take it one step further, this IS purportedly the better best life that Jana has chosen for herself. Good Lord the inane boredom and lack of stimulation. 

• Upvote 4

Coffee was once the most interesting thing in my life and I took several pictures of it, too, so I get it.  I remember recently thinking how great it was that I no longer needed it as something to make my day better. 

Fluffy coffee is for people who want caffeine and don't want the taste, or at least it is for me.  I don't like dark coffee, though I'll drink it to get through a graveyard shift if I have to. 

In my experience, it's racist chauvinists who want dark coffee to show how manly and American they are, and everyone else regardless of beliefs can like fluffy coffee (and/or dark coffee).

• Upvote 12

Jana's instagram looks like it's for a plant shop or a blog but she has none of those things so it's just weird. It always feels like she's selling something, but maybe she's just trying to sell her family's lifestyle. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, meep said:

Jana's instagram looks like it's for a plant shop or a blog but she has none of those things so it's just weird. It always feels like she's selling something, but maybe she's just trying to sell her family's lifestyle. 

Maybe she is trying to sell herself. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic