IGNORED

Jana 9: So, What is Jana (and her Instagram) Being Primed For and Why?

HerNameIsBuffy

16 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I have always wondered that especially after reading Killers of the Flower Moon.

Excellent book

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

After shit hit the (thankfully only proverbial) fan with Derick, I could well imagine JB is even stricter with vetting possible spouses for his children. Having someone go off the rails like DD on Twitter and decide to stop being part of the show isn’t good for the brand.  Jeremy is another son-in-law who doesn’t seem to give a shit about the Duggars’ opinions anymore. He’s a conservative Christian, mind, but he doesn’t seem to kiss up to JB as he probably hoped Jeremy would. 

We’re speculating on the Dillard thread, and while there’s no “official” confirmation Derick and JB are feuding, all indications point to some kind of trouble. If we are indeed right, I’m 100% sure JB and Mullet want to prevent something similar from happening next time one of their children ties the knot. Hence, they possibly want more control during the (pre-)courting period. 

Lastly, I don’t know how serious JB takes the skirts-only rule for his daughter’s. I’ve gotten the impression that’s primarily Michelle’s conviction, now Jill and Jinger are in pants. 

So... who knows about Jana’s prospects, her wishes and actual situation. I’m sure she could find someone to marry if she wanted to, but I’m not convinced her pool of options is tempting. 

I've wondered if that was the case since Jeremy married Jinger.  JB loves control and he clearly isn't in control of either one. Derrick rants on twitter and Jeremy does whatever Jeremy thinks is best for Jeremy. He's not going to listen to anyone else certainly not JB. It seems like ever since then each new daughter-in-law will just go along with the show and do whatever their husbands wants who do whatever JB wants. Kendra and Lauren are so young it doesn't seem like it would occur to either one to say no or question anything. Austin might go either way. He seems over it but goes along with it. He doesn't seem to question it. I've wondered if that was a coincidence or not. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

A direct quote from the article: “You have to sometimes talk to someone, get to know someone and realize, you know what, it doesn’t have to end in marriage.”

I think Jana needs to talk to her parents about their “Courtship model.” Doesn’t that mean dating and giving away pieces of your heart?

Unfortunately, theyd hold her up as a model for their dynamic - see she can get to know someone without heathen dating. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I've wondered if that was the case since Jeremy married Jinger.  JB loves control and he clearly isn't in control of either one. Derrick rants on twitter and Jeremy does whatever Jeremy thinks is best for Jeremy. He's not going to listen to anyone else certainly not JB. It seems like ever since then each new daughter-in-law will just go along with the show and do whatever their husbands wants who do whatever JB wants. Kendra and Lauren are so young it doesn't seem like it would occur to either one to say no or question anything. Austin might go either way. He seems over it but goes along with it. He doesn't seem to question it. I've wondered if that was a coincidence or not. 

Notice the 2 dissenters are the oldest among the in-laws in question. Having more experiences is going to allow one to operate more independently. Unless JB is going to hook Jana up with a youngster, she’ll end up with an “older” partner too. Young and dumb...it’s a Duggar mantra!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

@SassyPants Your assessment actually gives me hope. Both the Duggar children (adult and kids/teens) and the daughters/sons in-law might become more assertive and aware as they grow and mature.

The downside is that many (but obviously not Jana) will already be saddled with children and a marriage they believe they have no right to get out of. But still, I don’t think the Duggar clan will be as “in line” with JB and Michelle’s ideology in 10 years as it is now. At least a few will start breaking away. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Notice the 2 dissenters are the oldest among the in-laws in question. Having more experiences is going to allow one to operate more independently. Unless JB is going to hook Jana up with a youngster, she’ll end up with an “older” partner too. Young and dumb...it’s a Duggar mantra!

They are also the two that are most educated, with more degrees to come.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Jana comes across as more strong a person than Sarah Maxwell.  I don't think she'll be her clone in ten years.

By this I mean that Jana has more of her own opinions and a stronger sense of self than Sarah.  She's also not as pretentious as the Botkinettes.  She could've used her platform like any of these women, but doesn't.  A boring Christian Instagram isn't hurting anyone.  I don't have any proven reason to dislike her.

Edited by raspberrymint
Explanation
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

Jana comes across as more strong a person than Sarah Maxwell.  I don't think she'll be her clone in ten years.

By this I mean that Jana has more of her own opinions and a stronger sense of self than Sarah.  She's also not as pretentious as the Botkinettes.  She could've used her platform like any of these women, but doesn't.  A boring Christian Instagram isn't hurting anyone.  I don't have any proven reason to dislike her.

If nothing else Jana doesn't seem as scared of her own shadow. Sarah seems terrified to travel alone and struggles just to function in everyday society. Jana doesn't appear to have those same issues. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic