IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lawson posted a picture of the kids in the bridal party and Callie is crying. I always feel so bad for the girls who loose their sister moms 

B716C5FE-C8D8-488D-9443-DEAEBE7FAF06.jpeg

Yeah thats not Callie.... she is like 9 now. I think all three are Evan's three youngest nieces going by family photos.

Edited by HurricaneBells
eta
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

@HurricaneBells I was just coming in to ask if we were sure that was Callie. Addie and Ellie looked so grown up in their junior bridesmaid gowns. I know Callie is not far behind in age.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Yeah thats not Callie.... she is like 9 now. I think all three are Evan's three youngest nieces going by family photos.

It is her. There are only 3 flower girls according to the wedding website. Plus she looks nothing like Evan’s nieces in my opinion. 

9DAF74D7-7633-4F5A-BF4D-E044E60360A3.jpeg

And you can see in this pictures that Evan’s two other nieces are wearing a full pink dress and a blue one, and they both have hair bows (They’re all close to where Evan is)

BEB67B9A-DEC4-46E0-BC7E-61D7D0470581.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I admit I snickered a little bit when I saw she didn’t even wait a single second to put on pants. 

Might be Evan’s leg...???? And she has a Bates boutique jeans skirt on? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

I love the bridesmaids dresses together and I think carlin’s dress is really pretty.   I agree with the poster that said she’d be wearing a bikini on her honeymoon - she already owns one that she wore a cover up over.

I see her getting pregnant immediately, and her and Josie moving very much toward mainstream conservative Christians.  I bet they’ll both have 6ish kids and it won’t surprise me if they eventually go to public school. The girls will all wear jeans and mainstream bathing suits.  They’ll vote Republican as one issue (abortion) voters, but won’t really be any more different than the average Tennessean family

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I can appreciate that after 17 pregnancies, Michelle doesn't want to show her legs anymore. But why doesn't she just wear a maxi length sundress with a light cardigan or duster on top? It would be much more appropriate and I imagine much more comfortable in the heat. 

If those are support hose, she could still wear them under the maxi dress. 

Agreed. I have to admit Kelly does look good in them. I am sure Michelle wouldn’t look to bad either. I hate on fundies but dam for umpteen pregnancies they do look good. They have aged well and still are both attractive women. 

• Upvote 5

I am shocked CarVan didn't get the People exclusive. Both Tori and Josie had them for their wedding announcement. Maybe Us offered more. ?

• Upvote 3

Also, Carlin has been tanning in at least skimpy & strapless bathing suits.  No way she doesn’t bust out at least a one piece with cut outs on her honeymoon.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The dresses do work in this setting. Not a massive fan of Carlin’s dress. I’m not a fan of the nude colour under the bodice. The hoop is a bit much too maybe. 

Have we seen a pic of Callie yet?  I feel a bit bad for her that she is the only one not in the bridal party  I know she has been in nearly all of them. I am sure she would still have been invited if there was a no children but bridal party rule.  Surely? 

7863833A-6C8F-4D4D-B422-3625514BAD13.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add stuff
  • Upvote 1

@VBOY9977 @HurricaneBells

I just checked. Bella turned 6 in April. Braelyn turned 7 in January. Callie will be 10 in August. I am shocked that Braelyn is taller than Callie at 7. Also, this child in question does not look like Callie, but based on who is listed as flower girls, pictured with the family and the fair hair, who could it be but Callie??

• Upvote 2

This is a picture from the Bates Family ig in October. You can see Callie is much shorter than addallee and Ellie. I think she’s just a short girl, at the awkward stage between childhood and teen hood 

Spoiler

37314B7C-A39F-4FC8-8CE5-0D4CFAC8C611.thumb.jpeg.bbd832bdd99532e6d3ada258ee11e35c.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

This is a picture from the Bates Family ig in October. You can see Callie is much shorter than addallee and Ellie. I think she’s just a short girl, at the awkward stage between childhood and teen hood

Yes and true. I am convinced it is Callie because in the family wedding pic, the girl standing to her left is the eldest Stewart niece. I believe she just turned 10. She has about half a head's length over Callie despite them being born only months apart. This just lends to the Bates being a family of mostly short people.

Also, in the pic the girl is crying. But to me she's wiping her tears away in a gesture that is seen in a more mature child not a toddler or early school age. Wow. lol

• Upvote 2

So Baby Stewart in March 2020? Every Bates has had a baby/pregnancy (Erin) fairly quickly after marriage. (Except Michael...but they still were trying to have a baby right away).  I don’t see why Carlin would be any different. She’s never given any indication otherwise. 

• Upvote 9

@FaithAndReason coincidentally she and Michael have had the longest noted relationships, right? Maybe because she Evan waited longer for everything they'll include being parents into that mix. Even if they waited 6 months, they'd have some alone time to get to know each other as husband and wife. I wonder if because they have known cases of infertility in their family they are reluctant to delay.

51 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

I see her getting pregnant immediately, and her and Josie moving very much toward mainstream conservative Christians.  I bet they’ll both have 6ish kids and it won’t surprise me if they eventually go to public school. The girls will all wear jeans and mainstream bathing suits.  They’ll vote Republican as one issue (abortion) voters, but won’t really be any more different than the average Tennessean family

While I definity get this vibe from Alyssa, Trace and wouldn't be surprised if Josie was secretly harboring an entirely different religion in her mind (Ms. some of us are more educated and well travelled than others) - I struggle with this vibe on Carlin. Yes, I think she wanted her wedding to be bigger and better than anything we've seen because that's her personality. I do think she will be mainstream, but her approach still seems fundie to me. And the Stewarts in deep. That family is not fooling anyone. I mean they definitely are into secular music, but I still see purity culture and a whole lotta Jesus talk written on them. 

Carlin is a mystery to me. It will be interesting to see just which way she goes. I say her appearance changes but almost all of her values will stay intact. However, moving to Nashville may aid in some type of shift. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@FaithAndReason coincidentally she and Michael have had the longest noted relationships, right? Maybe because she Evan waited longer for everything they'll include being parents into that mix. Even if they waited 6 months, they'd have some alone time to get to know each other as husband and wife. I wonder if because they have known cases of infertility in their family they are reluctant to delay.

Except the fertility issues aren’t due to delaying pregnancy (ie advanced maternal age). 

• Upvote 6

Just now, FaithAndReason said:

Except the fertility issues aren’t due to delaying pregnancy (ie advanced maternal age). 

Yes, but I am thinking they'd want to try as soon as possible. In case they'd have fertility issues, they'll have time to get treatment or other help. Just speculation. The last three have been so young. Alyssa too. They still did not waste any time (Carlin remains to be seen).

1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

Also, Carlin has been tanning in at least skimpy & strapless bathing suits.  No way she doesn’t bust out at least a one piece with cut outs on her honeymoon.

I've seen this mentioned at least 2xs. Are there pics of Carlin in a bathing suit? I missed this.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprise if she did. Now that she has twirled around in a silky nightgown in front of Evan, some piano guy and all of IG - I think putting on a one piece is nothing. A bikini would shock all, though. I do not see it happening for the public. But if it did, man... I can only imagine the response. Could she come back home to the big house after that? Gil would really be laying on a hard floor, passed out and in need of medical attention.

• Upvote 2

It’s sad that this is the biggest day in her life. Not graduating from college. College is a big thing for fundie girls. I know marriage is too but it’s just so sad. I look forward to being married some day but it won’t be the biggest day of my life. F7A345B5-78D4-4224-B2B3-D6E42B26804D.thumb.jpeg.b21aef11ed0f7f979e8b46092378bcb5.jpeg

maybe im just reading to much into this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Her dress was gorgeous. I’m not sure what I think about the random colored bridesmaid dresses.

I wonder if they even paid for that venue or if upTV did

• Upvote 1

@Lgirlrocks growing up all we talked about was purity, marriage and the prospect of future motherhood. It was such an obsession, because it was the only thing. While we waited to come of age and then find a mater, our loyalties were to Christ but later we would answer to our husbands as he answered to Christ. It literally will be Carlin's biggest role as a fundie woman - unfortunatley. In this belief system, woman was literally created from man, for man. It's some deep ish. 

I am still a practicing Christian, albiet progressive. I still struggle with these themes especially when I find myself in a less progressive church than my own. Submission (of women especially) is a recurring theme in many churches/denoms not just fundie but especially there.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Wonder if the Duggar’s left when the dancing started? I also wonder if they had dancing for those that attended or just certain people. 

Was everyone dancing or just Gil and Carlin?

• Upvote 2

Carlin has such the sorority girl vibe. Had she lived a secular life, she would have been about it.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

It’s sad that this is the biggest day in her life. Not graduating from college. College is a big thing for fundie girls. I know marriage is too but it’s just so sad. I look forward to being married some day but it won’t be the biggest day of my life. F7A345B5-78D4-4224-B2B3-D6E42B26804D.thumb.jpeg.b21aef11ed0f7f979e8b46092378bcb5.jpeg

maybe im just reading to much into this. 

Honestly, it'll be the biggest day of mine and I'll likely end up getting a PhD (currently have a masters, but am working in my field for a while).

I didn't really care about graduating from undergrad, same with masters, and I assume it'll be the same with my PhD; each graduation has been unmemorable and boring -though I have fond memories of the actual day-to-day experiences of writing papers and doing research and whatnot.

For me I think marriage will ultimately be the biggest, because this is the legal commitment to everyone that this is the person I want to spend forever with, this is the person I want to represent myself with, this is the person that will be my partner in life no matter what. I fully know that my career is likely to change drastically throughout my life; marriage means I believe and want my husband to be mine throughout all of those drastic life changes.

Very big difference, IMHO, and as such in this case I agree with Carlin; she can always get a different degree or choose whichever field, but Evan is the first and last person she'll ever choose to spend her entire life with, thus it is the biggest and most defining day of her life.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lawson posted a picture of the kids in the bridal party and Callie is crying. I always feel so bad for the girls who loose their sister moms 

B716C5FE-C8D8-488D-9443-DEAEBE7FAF06.jpeg

I know I can't be the only one who finds the little boys' signs tacky as hell, right? The last one says something about being the "groom's competition." Maybe I just lack humor, but these are the same people who would be aghast at showing girls' shoulders... and they're okay with sexualizing their boys that way?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

It is totally bizarre to me that anyone extrapolates from Instagram and a TV show that any of these people are leaving the cult in which they were reared. The cult their father now leads. Alyssa especially married deep into IBLP with the Websters - deep. The men they marry are cult-and-daddy approved.

I am always flummoxed by these speculations, which have zero basis in reality. Not a single Bates has moved away from the cult. Not a single Duggar has been "freed". They are all marrying young to like minded people, have little quality education and have all started pumping out more cult members. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic