IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

That video of Elizabeth rapping is very strange. She is surrounded by guys and some of them have palm branches that they are waving. It is so awkward watching her try to do rap moves, at one point it looks like she is doing a finger gun to her head? And she ends it by asking if they want to go to heaven. 

It is at the end of these pictures. 

Looks like the tag video has been removed :(

I did see she went ice skating. 

• Upvote 2

Gwen was on top of things! It is a teen girls account.  I guess they called her or her parents and told them to make it disappear. I sure hope the girl didn't get in trouble.  I wish there had been a way to save it because it showed how truly bizarre RF events are.Elizabeth, who didn't know most of the words to the song, was surrounded by guys  who also didn't know the words, waving palm branches and a couple did chest bumps. The crowd didn't seem to really be into whatever Elizabeth was doing. Elizabeth was wearing that black dress she always wears and trying to move like a rapper but I was getting second hand embarrassment from watching. It sounded like the song said something about shooting and Elizabeth did a finger gun to her head. She then made more weird moves and asked if the crowd wanted to go to heaven. 

It was bizarre. I attending some weird youth group shit, but nothing like this. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

My musing on why Elizabeth wasn't on stage for the graduation ceremony.

1. Gwen doesn't like to share attention. Elizabeth may have done all the work but Gwen is getting the glory.

2. Gwen knows that pictures of Elizabeth will just show how painfully thin she is, so she didn't want more of them on the internet. 

I think Gwen doesn’t see Elizabeth as “too thin.” I honestly think both Gwen and Elizabeth’s ideas about body weight are absolutely skewed. Body dismorphia is common in people with anorexia. However it’s usually only based on a person’s own body. But I think Gwen is likely to look at Elizabeth and think she’s fine. 

I think Gwen thinks everyone else is wrong in thinking Elizabeth is too thin. And that’s why she hides her away. Because of the “haters.”

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Elizabeth was wearing that black dress she always wears and trying to move like a rapper but I was getting second hand embarrassment from watching.

I'm glad I was able to watch it before it was pulled.  It did confirm that Elizabeth is still on earth, painfully thin, and apparently trying to fit in with the younger crowd.  Is she going for a Goth look, it was a little hard to tell amidst all the youthful gyrations and palm waving.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure that is in there. Samson did it? 

Samson - the idiot who kept trusting Delilah after she tried to con his secret out of her a bunch of times.  

Too dumb to get away from a dangerous woman.

hey Joe - might be a lesson in there for ya.

• Haha 8

Oh no, did we cause a stir??? ??? This is just nuts to me. I do feel sorry for the girl  who posted it. It’s a little creepy to know we are being creeped on by the people we are creeping ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Also, former RF’ers, how was Elizabeth? Any scandal surrounding her like there was/is with Michael? I think she’s the most interesting of them all. She’s a mini Gwen but a tad bit different. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

She’s a mini Gwen but a tad bit different. 

Again, from the "Our Leaders" portion of the RF website, Elizabeth describes her mom:

My mother, Gwen Shamblin, founded the Weigh Down Ministries and continues to live and speak for God alone. I love her dearly... She is the Genuine Article that truly puts GOD first in every aspect of her life.

I'm sure this is a heartfelt sentiment, but it has the feel of a Jill Rodrigues child's posting, that wasn't written by mom.  Right. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Again, from the "Our Leaders" portion of the RF website, Elizabeth describes her mom:

My mother, Gwen Shamblin, founded the Weigh Down Ministries and continues to live and speak for God alone. I love her dearly... She is the Genuine Article that truly puts GOD first in every aspect of her life.

I'm sure this is a heartfelt sentiment, but it has the feel of a Jill Rodrigues child's posting, that wasn't written by mom.  Right. 

Right. Gwen sure is on a high, high pedestal. I’ve never seen someone so esteemed. She must be absolute perfection. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Samson - the idiot who kept trusting Delilah after she tried to con his secret out of her a bunch of times.  

Too dumb to get away from a dangerous woman.

hey Joe - might be a lesson in there for ya.

Am I making it up that Samson had like almost magical powers that came from his hair that ended when his hair was cut? Did Tangled writers base some elements from this story? 

Do you think Gwen has people perched on this thread almost all day so they can catch anything they don't want out in public? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Am I making it up that Samson had like almost magical powers that came from his hair that ended when his hair was cut? Did Tangled writers base some elements from this story? 

Do you think Gwen has people perched on this thread almost all day so they can catch anything they don't want out in public? 

Hi Gwen’s minions!!  Tell her that thanks to her I ate some Fritos the other day and they were delicious!  Has she ever had a sour cream and onion Pringle?  If she can stop at one she does have superpowers.

and yes, even as a kid in Sunday school and Awana I got in trouble for questioning the whole Samson thing.  He wasn’t a good person to begin with so why did God pick him?  The riddle and fucking with his in laws and murdering for sport?

and why did God put his power in his hair when god is omnipotent and could have just made it part of who he was inherently?

and he knew she was conning him to hurt him yet he kept giving her chance after chance...why?

(I actually understand that one now, but before I was aware of the power of sex I didn’t get why the first betrayal wasn’t enough.)

i still have no idea what the lesson was supposed to be except to stop fucking people before they cut your hair, and don’t let the strong blind guy touch your pillars.  

Neither of those lessons have come up in my actual life, btw.

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

i still have no idea what the lesson was supposed to be except to stop fucking people before they cut your hair, and don’t let the strong blind guy touch your pillars.  

According to Gil Bates the lesson is that a sensual woman will ruin your life. The story I always had a hard time buying but really wanted to believe was the one where the donkey talked. I was told that this showed that animals in the garden talked and some of the speaking power lingered after they were kicked out. I spent entirely too much time trying to coax a cat into talking. 

Are RF biblical literalists? Come out, come out, RF folks. We know you lurk. Did Gwod telling you they mixed up Fritos to burn on the offering my you question her any? Or are you too far gone? Just know the inability to defend Gwen's teachings is a big sign she is running a cult, not a church. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I always had a hard time buying but really wanted to believe was the one where the donkey talked. I was told that this showed that animals in the garden talked and some of the speaking power lingered after they were kicked out. I spent entirely too much time trying to coax a cat into talking. 

Balaam's ass. Somewhere in Numbers so no longer in the Garden of Eden.  "What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?"

So for Bible literalists and RF folk:

• Why are the Narnia books forbidden 'cos talking animals?
  • Doesn't this story make animal abuse wrong?
  • Does Gwen Shamblin contribute to any animal rescue groups?

• Upvote 6

I suppose it was inevitable that I would end up with an earworm, after discussions of Balaam and his donkey, with a little bit of Sampson thrown into the mix. :pb_rollseyes:

Spoiler

At least it's only one song.  I once had the entire soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar playing on repeat in my head for about a month. :pb_lol:

• Love 3

Her pitiful devotionals are nothing more than a copy and paste from her bats**** crazy Weigh Down Works book.  (Yes, I read it, it was quite comical)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

So she tells people in her books that God provided the Frito recipe and people outside the cult still buy them?! 

• Haha 3

All I know about Elizabeth, and I mean "know" in that I think I read it here (?), is that she was called by her first name, Michelle, her whole life until Gwod decided to make everyone use her middle name Elizabeth.

Also that Gwod pushed her to date the man who is now her hubby (he was new to RF) and Elizabeth was very vocal that she was not at all interested in him and didn't want to date him ever.

So my take away is Gwod named her children Michael and Michelle and they weren't even twins.  And that RF absolutely arranges marriages.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

All I know about Elizabeth, and I mean "know" in that I think I read it here (?), is that she was called by her first name, Michelle, her whole life until Gwod decided to make everyone use her middle name Elizabeth.

Also that Gwod pushed her to date the man who is now her hubby (he was new to RF) and Elizabeth was very vocal that she was not at all interested in him and didn't want to date him ever.

So my take away is Gwod named her children Michael and Michelle and they weren't even twins.  And that RF absolutely arranges marriages.

Maybe that’s why she looks so sad and is wasting away. She’s in too deep. She can’t get out. Michael, on the other hand, is rebelling and getting fatter and fatter and is no where to be found. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the homes of these people....

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

Maybe that’s why she looks so sad and is wasting away. She’s in too deep. She can’t get out. Michael, on the other hand, is rebelling and getting fatter and fatter and is no where to be found. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the homes of these people....

Leaders have left in the past, but it is not easy. There is always hope for someone to leave but the probability might be low. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, CTRLZero said:

If we ever have a rogue's gallery on Free Jinger

what is this?  it's probably doable I just don't' know what it is :)

23 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I wonder if RF people aren't allowed to as emaciated as Gwod and Elizabeth? 

After all they are the most gwodly RF-ers therefore they would also be the thinnest.

Inquiring minds go hmmmmm.

I suspect it's more likely that when Gwen isn't around they eat like normal people because most people aren't going to willingly starve themselves.   

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, Curious said:

what is this?  it's probably doable I just don't' know what it is :)

Thanks, @Curious, I was mostly being silly, but did mean to compliment @SilverBeach on a perfect, concise descriptor of Gwod:  "The drunken leader of a disordered eating quasi Jewish cult." 

I think the term rogue's gallery originated from a police lineup, and my thought was a photo lineup of FJ's most infamous, with little descriptors underneath.  Maybe I'm thinking of most wanted posters, lol.  Anyway, just a bit of silliness on my part, and I didn't mean to put you to any work.  ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Curious said:

I suspect it's more likely that when Gwen isn't around they eat like normal people because most people aren't going to willingly starve themselves.   

RF events must be a total mindfuck when it comes to food. Gwen usually serves unhealthy yet tasty food. So you want to eat, but how much? Are other RF people watching how much food you put on your plate? Did I just serve myself too much pasta salad? Or was it too little? Should I get a piece of cake? Or just take a quick bite of my toddler’s piece? Is Gwen looking? Did she see me lick that potato chip? 

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The story I always had a hard time buying but really wanted to believe was the one where the donkey talked. I was told that this showed that animals in the garden talked and some of the speaking power lingered after they were kicked out. I spent entirely too much time trying to coax a cat into talking

I admit I still have trouble with God telling Abraham “kill your only son,” even though he said “Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!” at the last second.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

RF events must be a total mindfuck when it comes to food. Gwen usually serves unhealthy yet tasty food. So you want to eat, but how much? Are other RF people watching how much food you put on your plate? Did I just serve myself too much pasta salad? Or was it too little? Should I get a piece of cake? Or just take a quick bite of my toddler’s piece? Is Gwen looking? Did she see me lick that potato chip? 

Not sure if this is normal or not, (lol...) but I’d honestly be curious enough to go to one of their events or services, just to see. I’d be self conscious, and would probably find myself nibbling. 

Last year I emailed someone to find out when an event was, and literally got an email back, two text messages and a phone call later that night. In the moment, I felt what you call the “love-bombing.” It was weird. They are good, guys. They know what they are doing and do it well. 

• Upvote 6

• Curious locked this topic