IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

It cracked me up when Theresee wrote that the Remnant idea of a “bible flop” is similar to an Ouija board, and about as useless ? Now that is some quality snark! We need to get her on this forum!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Gwen has graced us with her devotional. More about sugar. How does one tell if they are politely full? Gwen seems to be in awe of people from Europe. Gwen wouldn't know a balanced meal if it hit her in the head. 

Most of the world offers dessert at the end of the meal. God created man to like desserts, otherwise how would so many diverse populations do the same thing? I have noticed my own cravings for something sweet as I get toward the end of a meal. Dessert just indicates the end of eating—it concludes the eating event. My servings are small and I take small bites, savoring each one, and I drink between bites, stopping when I am politely full.

Watch the Europeans—small amounts at the end of the meals occasionally. It is a treat. Small bites of something wonderful. It is bad to binge on sweets. It really upsets the whole body—it makes you feel sick, and it keeps you from eating a balanced meal. Remember back to when you were a child and sweets were a treat but you did not eat them all the time.

One of the principles here is to make the transfer to God’s Words, His Laws, the Spirit of God—this relationship with Him, getting Him to help. King David said God’s Words are “more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.” Psalm 19:10

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

I have periodically told my daughters about cult religions and to watch out for them, etc. (Especially if they want to watch the Duggars or Bates.) So I briefly showed the girls a picture of Gwen and told them about licking a potato chip. Last night my eldest (age 15) didn't feel great and she finally said her stomach was feeling a little better. Then she looked right at me straight faced and said "I think I am going to go lick some potato chips." She watched my reaction and then died laughing! 

I love my girls! 

• Haha 20

So after her “meal” of licking the salt off a single potato chip does she lick the sugar off a cookie for dessert ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen has graced us with her devotional. More about sugar. How does one tell if they are politely full? Gwen seems to be in awe of people from Europe. Gwen wouldn't know a balanced meal if it hit her in the head. 

God created sugar because people everywhere around the world like to eat sugar the same way. People in Europe like to eat sugar in a different way. To prove that sugar is awesome, here is a Bible quote saying something else is better than sugar.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

So after her “meal” of licking the salt off a single potato chip does she lick the sugar off a cookie for dessert ?

My daughter just ate the girl scout cookie (samoa) and then said her belly hurt again...guess she should have licked the cookie! HAHA

• Haha 7

Gwen has quoted so many Bible verses about honey, I wonder how she's missed this one.

Spoiler

Matthew 3:4

Now John himself had a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.

Gwen, please grace us with a devotional about the benefits of bugs as a protein source.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I've heard you can make brownies out of crickets! I demand a devotional about eating bugs Gwen!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

And my all-time favorite is when she asks God, “God, can you do better than a pan of brownies?” 

(Ok, if there are chocolate chunks in those brownies, God doesn’t stand a chance.)

But if there are walnuts, God can keep ‘em. :pb_lol:

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 5

43 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I've heard you can make brownies out of crickets! I demand a devotional about eating bugs Gwen!

And I demand that when you recap that you spoiler tag it for the squeamish!

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Mr Pianokeeper shared with me that a couple of mornings ago, when he tried to wake me up, I sleepily told him, "I am the potato chip of Death!"  

Also: a very biblical recipe tutorial video!  Fritos not included.  :(

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

But if there are walnuts, God can keep ‘em. :pb_lol:

I wonder what the Saints would do. WWGD? Eat the brownie with walnuts or choc chunks? Is one holier than the other? What if you like BOTH? Because you can’t have BOTH. Or maybe take 1 bite of each. Or make brownies WITH both and cut off a tiny slice.  I really wonder if they agonize over these decisions. 

There are times I over eat (not by much) but dear Jesus in heaven, I don’t think hardly a thing about it. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really need someone to produce a purity dance video! Gwen still doesn't have a devotional today. Maybe she will produce one or maybe she will just give up because we won't ever stop talking about them. 

At the 3:20 mark some of the RF dancing is shown.

Reveal hidden contents

Is the song in that video one of Michael's? Because damn, that was bad. It's low key stuck in my head now so I guess it works.

"I'll keep shining my light, shining my liiiiight, every day is the same, headed straight for the grave. And I'm thankful for livin, thankful for livin, thankful for livin, yeeaaaahh! Keep shinin my light, livin my life, every day is the same, headed straight for the graaave..."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

It is catchy but terrible and it does get stuck in your head.

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity, a while back I joined the PRIVATE  Facebook group and was accepted.  I posted a quote from a friends Facebook, which was a Bible Verse, from Psalm.  About 1 minute later, I was informed that the post did not meet the requirements of Weigh Down.  I messaged back and said "why because Gwen didn't say it?  I think King David was a pretty smart fellow!"  I was immediately removed from the group. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Christian Clueless said:

Out of curiosity, a while back I joined the PRIVATE  Facebook group and was accepted.  I posted a quote from a friends Facebook, which was a Bible Verse, from Psalm.  About 1 minute later, I was informed that the post did not meet the requirements of Weigh Down.  I messaged back and said "why because Gwen didn't say it?  I think King David was a pretty smart fellow!"  I was immediately removed from the group. :P

This is hilarious. And unsurprising. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, SuperNova said:

That video didn't look insane and cultlike. Nope. Not at all. No crazy going on there.

Start the countdown to total lockdown of RF members social media accounts...

Has anyone ever looked at the member's Facebook accounts?  Every one has a picture (or 100) of Gwen somewhere, and the obligatory picture of the whole family on a beach all dressed in white.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Christian Clueless said:

I joined the group out of sincerity about 4 years ago and posted a photo of my food before I ate it and afterwards, just to give a visual of how little I ate. (???) The photo was removed and got a message saying this wasn’t helpful to anyone and that’s why they removed it. They are just weird. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

I joined the group out of sincerity about 4 years ago and posted a photo of my food before I ate it and afterwards, just to give a visual of how little I ate. (???) The photo was removed and got a message saying this wasn’t helpful to anyone and that’s why they removed it. They are just weird. 

Gwen isn’t helpful to anyone. I wish they would remove her.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

19 minutes ago, Christian Clueless said:

I guess they think King David is a Fatso!

Edited by Christian Clueless
wrong place
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Fyi for anyone curious - 6 cinnamon altoids smalls doesn’t leave one “politely full” for lunch.

however sometimes my eating habits would qualify me for RF ...I want to lick all the potato chips right now.

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

So Mr. Insightful and I were just sitting around thinking about how fantastic it would be if some FJers sent a craptastic amount of pizzas up to RF on Wednesday night...early...so the smells would just waft through the "church", no one could focus on Her Highness (literally) but would be salivating over the smorgasbord sitting on the back tables! What Brentwood peep should I send my donation to???

• Haha 11

That "Thankful for Livin' "song is almost as bad as the "You Can Overcome" one at the beginning of Gwod's  you can overcome videos.

Of course now I keep hearing Matthew McConaughey in "Dazed and Confused" -- "You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.”

I can't tell if Michael has a decent voice or not, he is so autotuned.

I've heard from musicians that excessive autotuning is the sure sign someone can't sing.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

That "Thankful for Livin' "song is almost as bad as the "You Can Overcome" one at the beginning of Gwod's  you can overcome videos.

Of course now I keep hearing Matthew McConaughey in "Dazed and Confused" -- "You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.”

I can't tell if Michael has a decent voice or not, he is so autotuned.

I've heard from musicians that excessive autotuning is the sure sign someone can't sing.

I know some people won't agree, but I feel like his music from 10 years ago was better. Don't get me wrong, none of it is great, but I feel like the music has tanked in the past 5 years.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

What is "rudely full"? When you fart becuse you ate too much? Politely full doesn't make any damn sense, fullness doesn't have manners. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

• Curious locked this topic