IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

He seems to be going through the motions.  As if he wants to be anywhere but there but just cannot seem to break free.

This really resonated with me. I had to try my best to fake it for so long because otherwise my parents would have made me homeless and left me without an education and my life would have been even worse than it was in Remnant.

Gwen brainwashes her followers into thinking that no matter how miserable they are in Remnant, they need to just not think about it (because otherwise they are focusing on/worshipping themselves instead of god) and keep on toeing the line.  She brainwashes them into thinking that no matter how miserable they are, that they will be more miserable if they leave Remnant, because then in addition to whatever demons they are battling now they would also be getting cursed for disobedience by God while on earth and not get go to heaven after they die.  She repeats it over and over until she has them trapped.  And they get Stockholm Syndrome, thinking that if they just toe the line and go all in and be the perfect Remnant member, then they will stop feeling miserable and get more blessed on earth. Except the happiness they are chasing and see in the other members is all so fake, and any earthly blessings are usually just a result of being in higher social circles within Remnant and never convincingly attributable to a supernatural power. So they stay trapped in Remnant, because they believe Gwen's lies that no matter how miserable they are in Remnant, things would be worse for them if they left.

Thankfully, Gwen's lies really are just lies.  I'm so much happier and better off after escaping Remnant and I would never go near that hellhole again.  

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 5
  • Love 7

Hi - I'm new to this whole Weigh Down Church thing and have started going down the rabbit hole - is there a Gwen Shamblin primer anywhere?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, Curious said:

I will preface this by saying music is not really my thing.  I have a few favorites, but I mostly like 80s stuff because that's when I grew up.  

I have watched/listened to several of Michael's songs and like them.  Not the words necessarily, but how they flow, the beat, etc. <goes off to hide>

In this particular one, I think he looks creepy due to a combination of the cinematography (if you can call it that) and that he looks like he hasn't slept in a month of Sundays.  That is some serious luggage under his eyes.    I've seen zombies that look better :(

I absolutely love my 80’s music  and some 90’s music. The best childhood was one from those decades ? (arguably) ?

I will admit the song “ When I’m In The World” is a good song. It’s catchy, positive, and he sounds upbeat and energetic. 

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

This really resonated with me. I had to try my best to fake it for so long because otherwise my parents would have made me homeless and left me without an education and my life would have been even worse than it was in Remnant.

Gwen brainwashes her followers into thinking that no matter how miserable they are in Remnant, they need to just not think about it (because otherwise they are focusing on/worshipping themselves instead of god) and keep on toeing the line.  She brainwashes them into thinking that no matter how miserable they are, that they will be more miserable if they leave Remnant, because then in addition to whatever demons they are battling now they would also be getting cursed for disobedience by God while on earth and not get go to heaven after they die.  She repeats it over and over until she has them trapped.  And they get Stockholm Syndrome, thinking that if they just toe the line and go all in and be the perfect Remnant member, then they will stop feeling miserable and get more blessed on earth. Except the happiness they are chasing and see in the other members is all so fake, and any earthly blessings are usually just a result of being in higher social circles within Remnant and never convincingly attributable to a supernatural power. So they stay trapped in Remnant, because they believe Gwen's lies that no matter how miserable they are in Remnant, things would be worse for them if they left.

Thankfully, Gwen's lies really are just lies.  I'm so much happier and better off after escaping Remnant and I would never go near that hellhole again.  

As an outsider, who at one time thought Gwen was pretty great, and that the folks at RF were so happy and perfect, it’s easy to see how someone can get caught up in it all. 

But you soon see past the fake smiles and realize that’s just the surface. I truly don’t know how some people can stay there year after year and deal with it all. 

Thanks for giving us all some insight into the world you lived in. Glad you’re in the REAL world ❤️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

My personal, random opinion:

I was kayaking earlier and had the unfortunate thought of Gwen coming to mind... How does someone become a Gwen? What kind of childhood must a Gwen have had to turn out to be a bully? Bullies tend to have been bullied. I read an article by an author that believed most pastors have an element of narcissism.... They want to be on stage, be seen, have prestige, and respect.

Gwen is a big bully (and I personally believe Gwen is a narcissist). I wonder if Gwen was bullied. Was she bullied about her weight or appearance growing up? Was she the victim of a narcissistic parent? It is sad that she didn’t stop the cycle. She bullies people through her books with her view on weight and eating. I look at Elizabeth and believe she was bullied by Gwen into becoming extremely underweight. I feel so sad.

Why didn’t Elizabeth want to stop the cycle?

Thin doesn’t mean beautiful, wealthy, or successful. Thin won’t give you the safety and security you desire. Thin won’t hug you at night and clean up your messy tears.

All “success” comes inside. It’s the inside that counts and we need to love ourselves instead of beating ourselves up about weight and (everything else we don’t like about ourselves). We must channel these thoughts in healthy ways! How?

What if Gwen had taken up a hobby in Pilates instead of starving herself?

Edit: Has anyone noticed that Gwen takes things to extremes? Her weight, her hair, her sermon theatrics, opulently designed homes, etc. Gwen lives in a very “black or white” world. Literally (their wardrobes)...She’s a female Trump.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Michael in that video just looks miserable. So he writes all the RF music? 

No.

There has always been a (meticulously chosen) handful of RF music artists that have put out material over the years under Michael’s music label. Some of these musicians have released their own solo projects on the side, some even officially unaffiliated with Michael’s label and the church. Unfortunately these projects never received as much of a following or strong promotional push compared to Michael’s music. To say that the music in the church is monopolized would be an understatement. There are a LOT of talented musicians in RF. I hate seeing that much talent go to waste. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it sometimes. 

I’ve worked relatively closely with the music team for years while I was in RF. My involvement ranged from tech/audio to mixing, producing and performing music. After spending much time with Michael over the course of several years, it was clear to me that he was being SEVERELY suppressed by his mother in nearly every facet of his life, with music being one of the most important and prominent. Because of Gwen’s “influence”, the quality of Michael’s music has ranged from VERY good to (to be blunt) teeth grinding cringe worthy (especially in recent days). Michael possesses a LOT of unreleased, current to ahead-of-it’s-time music that’s is till this day, some of my favorite works of his. The guy is legitimately talented but unfortunately it has been historically difficult for him to expand and express his musical creativity without some strong formal degree of “influence” by his mother. 

I do want to note that I found it very...interesting hearing “X” music being released publicly and then hearing something completely different (in terms of production quality, lyrics, arrangement) in private or in passing in his studio at Weigh Down. It was interesting witnessing that over years. 

On the note of Michael and the Nashville Music Scene:

While I was a member in RF I essentially lived a “double life” for quite some time. I became deeply infused with the Nashville night life, more specifically, became heavily involved in the ever growing electronic music scene. During this time I found myself DJ’ing at the local clubs, opening for local and big acts to house parties and “boiler rooms”. I also worked with A LOT of local and internationally well known producers and artists. All outside RF of course. With that being said, comparatively speaking of course, I strongly believe that Michael (with the right connections) could do well as a non RF solo artist and producer in Nashville. There is no doubt a LOT OF TALENT out there however I personally believe he has something unique, skills / talent that would set him apart from the “riff raft” so to speak.

If I may throw some salt out here; If Michael were to ever break free and start doing non RF music publicly, I would no doubt believe that he would be a hell of a lot more successful than Joe Lara. Just saying.

I hope Michael truly repents, take a hold of his life, take his family, run for the hills and start anew. I do acknowledge that he has done very, to be blunt, shitty things in his past. I get it, and I have expressed this several threads ago. However, people change. Circumstances change. Lives change. The past helps shape our future. The future isn’t about looking towards something that may happen. IMO, it should always be viewed as an opportunity to make up for the failures of the past and to better one’s self. This betterment isn’t just for one’s self but for those around an individual and who he/she has or continues to effect for years to come.

I hope he one day makes peace with those he has affected. I hope he realizes this and leaves with his family while he / they can. Hope...

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 5

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I am the Gwen Whisperer. Today's devotional is all about wanting to binge.

"What to do about “Binge Foods”

May 24, 2019

If you have had trouble with sweets all your life and you are still bingeing out, it is because you are focused on them to a fault. God made your taste buds. He made you, and He designed you to have likes and dislikes. He knows what your preferences are, so do not be afraid to have favorites, even if they sound as if they are fattening. Do you have a particular favorite food that you seem to have struggled with more than others? What is it? Chocolate, doughnuts, homemade bread? It is not unusual for a particular food to be one that involves years of conflict. Maybe it is a food that you have more passion about, maybe one that you have binged on before. You may even find that you can wait for hunger before eating the chocolate, but then stopping is harder. You want to eat it all! Let me reassure you that you can indeed rise above this passion for food, too.

You cannot force free-to-eat-anything populations into monotonous diets because the body will cue them to desire and consume a variety of foods. Thin Eaters in tune to the body will always eat a variety and they do not binge on one food item. More about this next time!"

There is one food I cannot deny. Homemade sugar cookies. The grocery store near me makes them homemade and it is the “one food item” that I binge on (Well, Halloween candy as well). I will go through the entire bag in under 30 minutes..... I’ve honestly wondered what they put in those specific sugar cookies that compel me to eat the entire bag in one sitting. I refuse to allow them in my house but somehow, they always find a way in, at times....

Big deal. Crucify me over it, Gwen? Really...

• Upvote 9

38 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

If Michael were to ever break free and start doing non RF music publicly, I would no doubt believe that he would be a hell of a lot more successful than Joe Lara.

Thanks for your insight into Michael's background.  If he ever performs somewhere in the Nashville area (other than RF), I'll try to go listen.  I feel bad for any fundie children (even adult children) who are unable to live a full life due to their prophet's parent's influence.

How successful, exactly, was Joe Lara?  He tried to break into the country music scene, didn't he?  Is he involved with music production at RF?  Just curious what else he does besides being Gwen's awkward helpmeet.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Hi - I'm new to this whole Weigh Down Church thing and have started going down the rabbit hole - is there a Gwen Shamblin primer anywhere?

I don't believe we have a summary, exactly. I'm not feeling very coherent just now, so maybe someone else can line up the main points about Gwen Shamblin (now Lara), Weigh Down, Remnant Fellowship, and all the insanity?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Narcissists measure “perfect” and “successful” based on what is external. 

Ask a narcissist: What does “success” and “perfect” mean?

Best body. Best job. Best vacations. Best appearance (teeth, hair). Who looks the youngest? Who is aging better? Best marriage. Best house on the block. Best car. Best parent. Best well-behaved kids. Who is making the most money? Who is “better” than me that I must compete with? Living up to a narcisst is exhausting. There is no such thing as “perfect”.

How do we define success? It is impossible to live up to a narcissist’s definition of it. my opinion, their church is a toxic cesspool of narcissism. It breeds it, cultivates it, and spreads it like a contagious disease.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I don't believe we have a summary, exactly. I'm not feeling very coherent just now, so maybe someone else can line up the main points about Gwen Shamblin (now Lara), Weigh Down, Remnant Fellowship, and all the insanity?

I'm terrible at summaries, but here are a few things I remember.  Others can correct me and fill in the gaps:

Gwen Henley Shamblin Lara was the daughter of a physician so poor she had to endure eating tongue once.  This apparently set her on her life's path.

She graduated with a Masters from a Memphis university and became a dietitian.

She published a diet system called Weigh Down, which morphed into a ministry.  This is when it gets interesting.  The church was established near Nashville, Tennessee, and is called Remnant Fellowship.  Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

She married Mr. Shamblin, but he only built their financial empire and was apparently not approved via covenant by God.  She had two children with Shamblin:  MIchelle (now called Elizabeth for some reason) and Michael.  Both children are now adults.  Elizabeth is successfully emaciated and very involved in Remnant Fellowship.  Michael was thin, but is gaining weight and is not allowed to be photographed.

Then she recently met Joe Lara (formerly Tarzan in the movie(s)).  Goodbye Mr. non-covenant Shamblin and hello Mr. Botox-browed Lara.  They make a cute, but awkward, couple ministering to the congregants striving hard to be thin.

Other key things to note:  her hair!  lick chips and sip diet Coke!  wait for the growl!  send money!  check the church bulletin and be color-coordinated or else!

That's about it for now.  There's lots more, but I'm hungry.  :cupcake:

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Bust out the popcorn. Prepare for an all-nighter. This rabbit hole is the deepest I personally fell into on FJ...

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

How successful, exactly, was Joe Lara?  He tried to break into the country music scene, didn't he?  Is he involved with music production at RF?  Just curious what else he does besides being Gwen's awkward helpmeet.

I don’t have a source and don’t know if I might remembering correctly but I think I read an article where his ex-wife discusses that she contributed to the bulk of the income generated, mortgage payment, etc. and that Joe made his living by being a handy-man. I could be wrong but I recall reading something like that.

I hope he is happy. It appears Gwen controls people via her money (and social network) and I’ve heard living that way is miserable.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

He was not even remotely successful. I believe he released an album in 2009 (7 years after giving up his acting career to pursue music full time) and it flopped hard, which is to be expected due to the nature of the country music industry. The country music industry in America is impossibly over-saturated and heavily controlled at “the top”. It’s nothing but a “good ole boys” club. In order for someone to successfully break into the industry and make it out “on top”, they require strong established connections, money, and unremarkable skill, all of which Joe lacked/lacks. I do acknowledge that Joe is a relatively decent musician however it takes more than being “decent” to break out.

I personally am not aware if he is currently involved with music production within RF, although I highly doubt it. Aside from Michael, BB Barcus (Shania Twain’s former lead guitarist) has been a producer for RF/WD for a very long time. I have to give credit where credit is due; BB is really, REALLY, REALLY good. I HIGHLY doubt Joe has the production experience, skills or musical talent that matches BB’s. To be frank, I am currently chuckling at even the thought of a comparison.

Joe may not lead production however it wouldn’t surprise me if he is involved with music in some capacity. According to the research I have done, he is slowly but surely being placed into the position of a simple guitar and voice (for now). Maybe Gwen and Joe have hidden plans and agendas? Maybe he will give a music career a shot again now that he has the financial and musical talent backing of Gwen and RF. Maybe he wants to keep his musical persona separate from RF/Weigh Down? Who knows? We shall see.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
English hard at 4:00 am
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Both Michael and Elizabeth stories are sad. These two didn't stand a chance with a mom like Gwen. I don't know why their dad didn't step in and stop Gwen from treating them like she did as children, but they know nothing but being manipulated by Gwen. Breaking away from her would be an almost impossible feat for them.It would take a massive amount of therapy to even begin recovering from what Gwen did to them. 

7 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

After spending much time with Michael over the course of several years, it was clear to me that he was being SEVERELY suppressed by his mother in nearly every facet of his life, with music being one of the most important and prominent. Because of Gwen’s “influence”, the quality of Michael’s music has ranged from VERY good to (to be blunt) teeth grinding cringe worthy (especially in recent days).

So Gwen likes the very autotuned sound? Gwen's taste in music, like her taste in everything else, seems to be way off. 

2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Maybe he will give a music career a shot again now that he has the financial and musical talent backing of Gwen and RF. Maybe he wants to keep his musical persona separate from RF/Weigh Down? Who knows? We shall see.

He might try but some things with his new life will, IMO,  drag him down.

1. I don't see Gwen letting him get in the spotlight without her standing there clinging to him.

2.Gwen absolutely at one glance looks like she runs a cult, which will drive people away.

3. Joe can't make facial expressions. He always looks like he is being held hostage against his will. 

• Upvote 10

Joe is also in a custody battle for his tween daughter with his ex girlfriend. And it was alleged that he recorded his child’s conversations. Correct me if I’m remembering wrong. But I think they wanted dirt on the ex.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, freethemall said:

Gwen was VERY successful with her first book, The Weigh Down Diet back in ‘97 (I believe that was the year.) I was 16 or 17 when I read the book and I thought “This makes so much sense!”  Gwen really seemed sincere, back then. In ‘99 (I believe) her second book, Rise Above, came out.  I read that one too. Anyway, her tapes/videos/workbooks were in almost every church and she was on every show and in all the magazines. Then sometime in the early 2000’s she decided to let everyone know she didn’t believe in the Trinity. This is when It gets WEIRD. She gets a ton of backlash and decides to form her own crazy cult church where everyone praises HER. 

Her hair used to not be this big. Her make up used to not be that hideous. The things that come out of her mouth used to not be so ridiculous. The money/fame/power f***ed her up, even more. 

Thats my summary. ?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I looked online and my library has some of her books. I might check them out and give a review. They have her first book and it will be interesting to see  how it matches up with the current level of crazy that is Gwen. 

Do you think Gwen knows that Joe doesn't buy into the shit she is selling? He has contradicted her several times in their live videos and I when skipping around last week's video I noticed that Gwen answered a question,  Joe started to give his answer and one of the helpers cut him off and wouldn't let him talk. I think the people helping her make videos have caught on that he is going to give advice that is the opposite of her's. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Here is how Gwen’s hair and makeup used to look in the late 90s. It was your very typical late 90s hair for women her age. Nothing unusual. Her weight was also average. This is when mainstream Christian people were drawn in by her. 

56610B28-114D-4047-8B40-64EFDB2AC24D.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Just now, formergothardite said:

I looked online and my library has some of her books. I might check them out and give a review. They have her first book and it will be interesting to see  how it matches up with the current level of crazy that is Gwen. 

Do you think Gwen knows that Joe doesn't buy into the shit she is selling? He has contradicted her several times in their live videos and I when skipping around last week's video I noticed that Gwen answered a question,  Joe started to give his answer and one of the helpers cut him off and wouldn't let him talk. I think the people helping her make videos have caught on that he is going to give advice that is the opposite of her's. 

I noticed that too. And, I noticed that she will respond to something he’s said and prompt him to give an answer SHE prefers. 

Here’s a then/now. My, someone looks DIFFERENT 

92D7FEDE-BB9B-4D9F-88A5-262A34CFCDD9.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

So Gwen likes the very autotuned sound? Gwen's taste in music, like her taste in everything else, seems to be way off. 

There was a phase in Michaels career where he used auto tune a LOT. It was the fad / craze back then, even by mainstream standards. Michael had a few songs that were relatively good when he used it. Some were really bad (like the You Can Overcome Show Theme, which has not aged well). Gwen liked it when Michel used auto-tune (unfortunately). If Gwen likes something she will latch onto it and drag it on the ground for all eternity, and then some.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He might try but some things with his new life will, IMO,  drag him down.

1. I don't see Gwen letting him get in the spotlight without her standing there clinging to him.

2.Gwen absolutely at one glance looks like she runs a cult, which will drive people away.

3. Joe can't make facial expressions. He always looks like he is being held hostage against his will.

I couldn’t agree more. There are so many variables to consider yet time is the most important of them all. @RFsurvivor and I including some former youth in and outside this forum were fortunate to escape when we were young (mostly in our 20’s). The more he stays there, the harder it will become. 

1. Precisely. It is almost no secret (within RF) that Gwen dislikes individuals who have become successful and stable after leaving RF. This due in part because she and her “god” (mostly her, lets be real here) can’t take credit for it. She has no ammo in which she can use to turn those who leave into “boogeymen” stories to scare her flock into submission. People can live a good life without you Gwen, without your influence and without your “god”. 

2. Indeed. Her cognitive dissonance, pride and ego comes into play which ultimately will be her downfall. She absolutely cannot fathom the fact that there are people in the world who can see through her bullshit. Not everyone is a fool, Gwen. Not everyone will like you or agree with you. And that is ok. It appears that this is unfortunately (contrary to her teachings of focusing only on her god) a concept that she cannot accept.

3. He reminds me of a ventriloquist doll in a literal and metaphorical sense. It’s been interesting seeing he and Gwen act out their business arrangement in the public eye.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 7

Things we learn from Gwen today:

1. Chocolate ruins your digestive tract.

2. Binging on junk food is bad because you might end up binging on something healthier later on.

Spoiler

Can You Be Addicted To Sugar or Chocolate?

May 25, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There are people who override not only the amount of food that the body is calling for, but also the type of food, and go after just chips or chocolate. These people can wait all day as long as they can binge on their salts or sweets later in the day. It is similar to the alcoholic who can avoid food all day just to wait to get all of their calories from alcohol. Even though this makes them very sick and ruins their liver—and in the case of “chocoholics,” it ruins their health and digestive tract—their sensual desire is stronger than their desire to serve or obey God. This unbalanced head desire is just another form of sensual desire that you have to put to death. The body is not calling for chocolate or sweets for breakfast, lunch, and supper. Furthermore, the all chips/junk food/chocolate diets eventually throw people into further binges on other foods because the body is so depleted of the variety that it needs or calls for. The craving is overriding the natural biological feedback.

How do you rid yourself of this wrong craving? First, write down all the bad health effects you receive from the habit. Include how sick you feel after a binge on chocolate (or whatever binge it might be—alcohol, tobacco, drugs, snacks, etc.). Compare these notes with the list of how you feel when you fight and overcome the nighttime binge! Every time you feel the urge to binge on anything, run to God, listen to All Access, and read the Bible—and notice how you become more and more determined to end your binges. If you really were listening to the cues of the body, you would feel how nauseated you were from all the chocolate. Pay attention to how awful “out-of- control” binges feel. Likewise, write down how great the body feels eating a balanced meal inside hunger and fullness! There is no comparison.

But most of all, remember, this has got to stop today. This is very bad for your health. God commands that you live an upright, self- controlled life and take care of your body. Remember, grace teaches us to say “No.”

Fight with prayer and obedience to God. Keep reading—there are many more tips to help you overcome chocolate binges.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe is also in a custody battle for his tween daughter with his ex girlfriend. And it was alleged that he recorded his child’s conversations. Correct me if I’m remembering wrong. But I think they wanted dirt on the ex.

Yes! There was a police report accusing the head of Remnant’s security (a former cop) of planting a tape recorder in the daughter’s room under the guise of delivering a dog/dog crate or something like that. What happened with that, does anyone know?

Any updates on this/the custody battle?

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes i do think Gwen and all her helpers know. And that makes it sooo much more hilarious to me.

People who have been in Remnant a long time are experts at repeating Gwen’s words. They never think for themselves. Any logic is instantly ignored because Gwen’s words = Truth and there is no room for any other argument. Any thought that critiques Gwen or her words is “obviously” a thought planted in your head by Satan in order to lead you astray. Once you have been in Remnant for a long time, you have been systematically taught not to think your own thoughts.

When someone newer to Remnant thinks slightly differently, or doesn’t use Gwen’s lingo exactly right, or doesn’t use words to describe Gwen/Remnant that are satisfactorily gushing and effusive, it instantly causes everyone around to feel so much cognitive dissonance.  The Remnant members are put on high alert and feel extremely uncomfortable. That is what leads to people feeling shunned from the inner circles, because the inner-circle people actually do feel a bit uncomfortable around anyone who is less than a perfect little Remnant-robot.

That is why knowing that Joe, who was supposed to be Gwen’s little propaganda machine, is (accidentally or purposefully) making Gwen and all her helpers constantly feel on-edge and uncomfortable during every live talk and every video is so amusing to me. The next best part is that Gwen can never strongly correct him because she wouldn’t be showing wifely deference to God’s chosen earthly authority line ?

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

That is why knowing that Joe, who was supposed to be Gwen’s little propaganda machine, is (accidentally or purposefully) making Gwen and all her helpers constantly feel on-edge and uncomfortable during every live talk and every video is so amusing to me. The next best part is that Gwen can never strongly correct him because she wouldn’t be showing wifely deference to God’s chosen earthly authority line ?

He has them SO nervous! Would love to know how it’s affecting Tedd — watching this new guy take center stage when he’s been the loyal lead lackey for so long!

It’s funny to watch this video — right around 17 min. Joe talks about finding a connection with God and Gwen quietly claps ... like you do when a child finally gets something right. He actually stuck to her script for a second!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

He has them SO nervous! Would love to know how it’s affecting Tedd — watching this new guy take center stage when he’s been the loyal lead lackey for so long!

It’s funny to watch this video — right around 17 min. Joe talks about finding a connection with God and Gwen quietly claps ... like you do when a child finally gets something right. He actually stuck to her script for a second!

Ok, so a few things ...

1. Wow, Gwen took that microphone from that woman at the beginning, while the woman was still talking ???

2. When Joe speaks, he reminds me of a normal church going man, speaking of what GOD has done for him. 

3. He quickly adds, “Of course being married to this wonderful woman and having her counsel has helped. “ hmm. I wonder what would happen if they stopped praising Gwen and gave all praise to God? I noticed her eyes lit up when he mentioned her. 

4. I haven’t seen some of the Remnant Regulars lately. Where’s Candace and that Stacey lady (black hair with the weird bump in the back)? And what about that couple that moved here and had been vegan and then Paleo? I can’t remember names, just the YCO episodes. It seems like some people get the spotlight for a while and then disappear. 

Edited by Tuesday’s Child
  • Upvote 3

• Curious locked this topic