IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

@Ozlsn, this conversation happened back in 1982, so I’m sure there’s a lot better, more complete, and more up-to-date info available now!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

That just sounds so disgusting to me. Not going to say my diet is the healthiest on the planet - like a large number of westerners I consume too much meat and bread and not enough vegetables - but I do draw the line at fizzy drinks for breakfast (unless it's aspirin. Maybe.)

My bad, I said soda because I had Gwen stuck on my brain but the article spoke of sweetened beverages so it could have been tea, coffee or juice, not necessarily anything fizzy. 

From what I understand, the lighter skin and eyes in phenylketonuria is because the impairment in phenylalanine processing messes with melanin production.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

What we learn from today's devotional:

1. Carrots are bad

2. Soft drinks are good

3. Health warnings are mostly nonsense and you should pray before accepting any that are against the Gwen but we the Gwen don't want to be accused of ignoring medical advice.

Spoiler

Moderation Versus Overindulgence

May 19, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Weigh Down continues to endorse moderation in one’s consumption of food or substance. One can overdose on or overeat raw carrots and become ill or suffer ill side effects from even this practice. Because our goal is to imitate Thin Eaters, you will find that Thin Eaters naturally do not overindulge in any food or beverage in order to avoid harming God’s holy temple, the body. Weigh Down will continue to emphasize the careful handling of the human body with a deep respect for the sensitivity to signals that God puts in the body. As with any new lifestyle change, it is best to know your current health status and make yourself aware of how this new lifestyle choice will impact your health. We will not stop hearing of health warnings and medical claims because the FDA requires the food and drug industries to write down any and all claims, whether scientifically possible or not. One such example among the thousands is the warning against consuming colas that contain phosphoric acid. But only a small fraction of the phosphate in the American diet comes from soft drinks; most comes from meat and dairy products, as phosphoric acid is found naturally in meats, poultry, legumes, eggs, dairy products, etc. It is our job as Christians to pray and seek wise counsel on the use of any substance before resorting to fears or ill-informed conclusions.

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 5

At least this thread made me go look up the history of PKU and the testing for it. I found it pretty interesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Translation of today's devotional: Gwen has been out scienced and her fee-fees are still a hurt from the mocking she got over saying there is a Frito recipe in the Bible.  She is going to ignore science and tell everyone to just fuck off because she knows best. Healthy food is bad and if the FDA warns you about junk food that is all just fake news. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

We are just a few devotionals away from "eating healthy food is a sin".

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

I’m pretty sure I’ve been more consistent reading Gwen’s devotionals on here versus when I was a member ?. When I was a member they just were another thing I was supposed to read. Now the devotional breakdown by FJers is majorly entertaining. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At least this thread made me go look up the history of PKU and the testing for it. I found it pretty interesting. 

OT: When my daughter was about three, she saw a crying baby on TV having its heel pricked for a PKU screening test, and later told me about the baby and its  “screaming test.”

When my mom had my baby sister in 1965 after a stressful pregnancy (it was a surprise, she’d taken a medication contraindicated for pregnant women before she knew she was pregnant, my middle sister had rubella, and thalidomide was all over the news), she said she nearly fainted when she saw the bandaid on her baby’s heel. It turns out that the PKU screening test had been recently developed, and she hadn’t heard about it yet.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Weigh Down continues to endorse moderation in one’s consumption of food or substance.

Or substance?  Hmmm.  Wonder what substance she's talking about.  ?  I wonder if Gwod is confusing moderation with variety, because she really endorses ingesting tiny, not moderate, amounts of [junk] food.  

Why does the term Death Thin Eater seem so familiar?  Maybe Gwen should consider being a Thin Drinker, to conserve her remaining brain cells.  Just a thought.  ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Oh my word Gwod is batcrap insane. Fritos are Biblical? What horseshit is this??

Gwod might claim that food is naturally fortified with/contains vitamins... but she doesn’t eat enough food to get the benefits of those vitamins!

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh my word Gwod is batcrap insane. Fritos are Biblical? What horseshit is this??

Gwod might claim that food is naturally fortified with/contains vitamins... but she doesn’t eat enough food to get the benefits of those vitamins!

Also, some nutrients need to be paired with others to get the full nutritional value of what you're consuming.  So sure, you can eat a bowl of salad, but fats help the body absorb the nutrients in the salad.

Oh, Gwen?  Even your junk food is harmful if you overindulge, or thats all you eat.  What a concept.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

One can overdose on or overeat raw carrots and become ill or suffer ill side effects from even this practice. 

Why does Gwen keep picking on carrots? This is the second devotional this week that uses them. What did carrots ever do to Gwen? Gwen, point to the spot on the doll where the carrot hurt you.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

It might be she's read that someone's skin turned orange because of too much carotene. But more likely carrots are just one of the three vegetables that she recognizes.

• Haha 13
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It might be she's read that someone's skin turned orange because of too much carotene. But more likely carrots are just one of the three vegetables that she recognizes.

That happened to Susan Dey when she was anorexic during taping of the Partridge Family.  

I know far more about sitcom trivia than the Bible - seems Gwen might, too.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

That happened to someone I know when she was using raw carrots as her default stomach-filler when she was working to lose a large amount of weight.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Today's topic: salt. I agree, you shouldn't be terrified of it. But Gwen talks about  craving salt and how bad it is to eat reduced salt products. Gwen has such odd teachings. You give into every single one of your cravings, yet you can only eat tiny amounts and you must wait till you have a stomach growl. What a miserable life. Gwen left out her advice to dig through to find the chip with the most salt and then you only eat that chip. I would rather have a handful of less salty chips than one salty one. 

Also, she super hates fiber. 

We are the salt of the Earth, according to Matthew 5:13. This used to be a compliment to people. It meant that they added flavor and enhanced the world around them. Now that salt has been on the hit list for the last two decades, that Scripture has lost its meaning. Well, I praise our good God for the spectacular creation of sodium chloride—table salt. Cows go up to salt licks, and animals will use the natural salt licks in the wild all summer long. I get in the mood for a salt lick every once in a while.

You have to know what you are craving. If you are craving some salt, please do not go through stacks of unsalted chips or piles of slightly salted chips to find your salt. As long as you are eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full and you have healthy kidneys (their job is to eliminate extra salt in the body), your blood pressure will normally not be affected by table salt [NaCl]. The reason health professionals had to pull out the sugar, salt, and fat from the typical American diet was because of the ever-increasing volumes of food we were eating. To satisfy Americans’ desire to swallow more food without increasing their calories, the food manufacturers had to pull out almost everything from the food but fiber and air. Now that we are being reasonable in the volume we are swallowing, the content selection can be rich and delectable!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Yeah no. If people ate only fiber and air there would be no obesity epidemic. 

I am the potato chip of life. Just one, the saltiest. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

Crazy shit, particularly bad for us black people who are prone to high blood pressure and kidney disease. Gwod is plain old weird. She makes an entire religion around what she likes, and she like nothing healthy. The saltiest chip is the same as broccoli. The drunken leader of a disordered eating quasi Jewish cult. Never thought I would see such a thing. 

• Upvote 15

On 5/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, formergothardite said:

I bet Gwen hasn't had a whole hamburger in decades. 

I bet not even a slider! (For those not familiar, a slider is 2 inch burger, think of it as a burger on a dinner roll)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_(sandwich) 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, WorseThan1Thinks said:

And, on yea, her son Michael is still no where to be found while his wife and kids continue to sit in the front row with Gwen and Joe.  I lost count how many times he's been AWOL.  Something is definitely amiss with Gwen's precious son Michael.  Gwen will try to entice him back like before, but maybe this time things are different?   

Is Elizabeth seen in the service? How about her husband and kids?  For her, if she isn't attending all the time I would bet it is because she is too ill. 

On 5/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, SuperNova said:

Maybe Michael is connecting with his father these days. We know Gwen's ex was never really a part of RF. Perhaps he's starting to see the light but can't completely walk away because his wife and children are still active in the church.

I hope he is connecting with his dad but wow to untangle his entire family from Gwen's snare will be very difficult. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

The drunken leader of a disordered eating quasi Jewish cult.

What a perfect description!  If we ever have a rogue's gallery on Free Jinger, this could be the title of Gwod's portrait.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I bet not even a slider! (For those not familiar, a slider is 2 inch burger, think of it as a burger on a dinner roll)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_(sandwich) 

Is Elizabeth seen in the service? How about her husband and kids?  For her, if she isn't attending all the time I would bet it is because she is too ill. 

I hope he is connecting with his dad but wow to untangle his entire family from Gwen's snare will be very difficult. 

It’s funny that you mention sliders! Look at this picture Gwen recently posted. Is that a slider I see on that lady’s plate? 

E8860436-DCB4-4262-A115-E7663E7EAF6B.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny that you mention sliders! Look at this picture Gwen recently posted. Is that a slider I see on that lady’s plate? 

E8860436-DCB4-4262-A115-E7663E7EAF6B.jpeg

sure does look like one! And she has a plate of food! I hope she ate it all. 

Joe- lay off the botox, you are scaring the Fjers, er I mean children  scratch that, I mean everyone!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

sure does look like one! And she has a plate of food! I hope she ate it all. 

Joe- lay off the botox, you are scaring the Fjers, er I mean children  scratch that, I mean everyone!

I bet RF is one of the few cults we talk about on FJ that has Botox flowing through it like communion grape juice on a Sunday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

After @JermajestyDuggar post about the graduates I went out to see if I could spot Elizabeth, nope no luck. 

The only good thing I saw was the graduates looked fairly normal sized. None are over weight but it doesn't look like any of them kids are too skinny. I hope they are all healthy and eating normal. I really like the kid in jeans, way to go against Gwen's dress code for the events! 

and khaki colored ties, who the hell knew that was a thing. :sleeping-boring:

graduate.thumb.jpg.f0090fd7ae289609ada905d844222671.jpg

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

After @JermajestyDuggar post about the graduates I went out to see if I could spot Elizabeth, nope no luck. 

The only good thing I saw was the graduates looked fairly normal sized. None are over weight but it doesn't look like any of them kids are too skinny. I hope they are all healthy and eating normal. I really like the kid in jeans, way to go against Gwen's dress code for the events! 

and khaki colored ties, who the hell knew that was a thing. :sleeping-boring:

graduate.thumb.jpg.f0090fd7ae289609ada905d844222671.jpg

That’s something I’ve noticed about RF. Although I don’t seem many overweight folks in RF, I also don’t see a lot of very thin folks either. If I’m just going by pics posted, the thinnest members seem to be Gwen and Elizabeth. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• Curious locked this topic