IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

15 hours ago, viii said:

That’s my nieces birthday... and my sister and her husband came home for Christmas that year... ?

Apparently 'home' wasn't the only place they came to at Christmas.....

• Haha 27

6 hours ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

Apparently 'home' wasn't the only place they came to at Christmas.....

My eyes. MY EYES!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

27 minutes ago, viii said:

My eyes. MY EYES!!!!

I feel like you need this - :brain-bleach:

Directions: 

Remove skull. Pour liberally all over brain. Place skull back on head and duct tape it in place. Resume life.

(Side effects may include twitching, memory loss, shouting weird things at weird times, itchiness, aching, fly like symptoms, diarrhea, indigestion, hysterical pregnancy, or death.)

• Haha 15

I announced at my grandma's birthday, she was a retired midwife in the rural south and had dementia so she just lit up when I told her. Mine was handing her a ultrasound and saying I was going to have a baby. 

It was like we got her back for a few hours with her talking about pregnancy care and showing us the old tools she used. 

Honestly Garrett doesn't know. He just knows that when he smashed the cake, everyone got super excited. I think it is cute but I can see if every child you have an announcement on their birthday. it can over shadow it.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 21

11 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

I announced at my grandma's birthday, she was a retired midwife in the rural south and had dementia so she just lit up when I told her. Mine was handing her a ultrasound and saying I was going to have a baby. 

It was like we got her back for a few hours with her talking about pregnancy care and showing us the old tools she used. 

Honestly Garrett doesn't know. He just knows that when he smashed the cake, everyone got super excited. I think it is cute but I can see if every child you have an announcement on their birthday. it can over shadow it.  

Apparently I'm extra emotional today, your story has me almost in tears it's so sweet

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

think I might have seen a pregnancy reveal shoot last night on my way home. I live out of town and a family had a step ladder standing around the city limit sign and holding up "+(some number)" next to the population count and having their picture taken. Could have been someone moved as well, but this thread made me immediately think of a pregnancy announcement.

• Upvote 11

On 6/27/2019 at 10:30 PM, Casserole said:

maybe it was a minus sign and they're murderers?

lolol sorry, long day. 

Is it bad that I would find this more interesting? There are just so many babies on the way with the Duggars and Bates that it's draining and a murder announcement would be horrifying, but funny! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

If this isn't a fundie personals ad, I don't know what is. 

This makes me think she isn't in some kind of pre-courtship with a Duggar boy and Papa Caldwell is actively soliciting applications for her future headship. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 14

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Ah, those Caldwell semicolons. 

Not to mention unnecessary capitalization after commas!

What the what? That is not a mistake I see often.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Don’t forget, she is a blessing!

A RICH blessing.

They best not say that too many times else JRod will show up at their door with Timothy.

• Haha 27

13 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Anyone know what Kendra's middle name is?  I'm wondering because Garrett is Joe's middle name...

Renee

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

They certainly enjoy punctuation, despite not knowing how to use it. 

• Haha 26

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

This makes me think of Lydia of Purple's daughters. 

Have you seen the cow pics in the Staddon thread?

• Thank You 1

I feel silly asking this since I've been around FJ basically forever, but what exactly is a "Prayer Warrior"? I always imagine it as someone praying for wars, or maybe just constantly praying? What does that mean??

31 minutes ago, Eponine said:

I feel silly asking this since I've been around FJ basically forever, but what exactly is a "Prayer Warrior"? I always imagine it as someone praying for wars, or maybe just constantly praying? What does that mean??

I don't think it means praying for war.  Fundies often see themselves involved in "spiritual warfare," or an epic battle between good and evil that's playing out between God and the Devil. (I kinda think this is one of the main appeals of fundamentalism, since it allows every facet of your life to take on cosmic importance.) So Prayer Warriors are actively spiritually fighting the Devil. This could take the form of fervent prayer against evil, exorcisms, burning cabbage patch dolls, etc. Also praying to convert people and increase the political power of the religious right.  (For example that pic of Zach Bates on his knees praying for Trump to be elected.) 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, Eponine said:

A prayer warrior is a person you can count on to pray for you, like you can count on a soldier to fight for you in battle. For example, there is a group of older women at my church that consider themselves “prayer warriors”. If someone needs prayer, they will call one of the women, who in turn will call or text each other to let them know to pray. So the “prayer warriors” stand in the “battle” on your behalf (“your” being whoever is needing prayer). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

• Georgiana locked this topic