IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

November 5th is bonfire night AKA Guy Fawkes night, where you build a bonfire, have fireworks and burn a replica of him. Good fun.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

November 5th is bonfire night AKA Guy Fawkes night, where you build a bonfire, have fireworks and burn a replica of him. Good fun.

Burn the Catholic, a festival that fundies could get on board with. Joking aside I loved Bonfire night as a child but nowhere here burned any effigies of Guy Fawkes, it seems done more in England than in Scotland. 

• Upvote 2

My birthday is a fairly popular day.

I am soooo not surprised that around 21st-ish of September is the most popular for birthdays... what’s 9 months before? :kitty-wink:

• Haha 2

I’m guessing it’s people taking advantage of having the holidays off lol.

C5E8CC3F-CB91-4A3D-91F1-9D6A5AA7F3AE.jpeg

• Upvote 8

On 6/6/2019 at 10:34 PM, backyard sylph said:

Your son is Spurgeon? I'd only heard of it with Jessa and Ben, besides the famous one, of course. My youngest son has a simple but fairly uncommon name, sometimes a surname but more often a given name. 

No...lol.I wrote that wrong..lol.My oldest son,we'll call him "Gary" was born on November 5,1980.

• Upvote 5

Garett's birthday!  I have to admit he's a cute little kiddo. He looks a lot like Kendra. 

IMG_7318.PNG

IMG_7319.PNG

Edited by Daisy0322
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Ok, I think, technically this photo is probably superfluous and Garrett's first birthday is not something we need to discuss. Other than it is his only one as only child. Damn you multiplying lunatics.

Explain the logic of that shot. Totally clean infant. Spotless, except for his hand. Next to his smashed up cake repiled in a plate.

I haven't seen that one yet moms. Is it normal to clean up the baby after the cake and reshoot him with the damage.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Ok, I think, technically this photo is probably superfluous and Garrett's first birthday is not something we need to discuss. Other than it is his only one as only child. Damn you multiplying lunatics.

Explain the logic of that shot. Totally clean infant. Spotless, except for his hand. Next to his smashed up cake repiled in a plate.

I haven't seen that one yet moms. Is it normal to clean up the baby after the cake and reshoot him with the damage.

Sorry I missed the new rule! I took a long break from FJ and just came back. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Sorry I missed the new rule! I took a long break from FJ and just came back. 

Not to worry! I see that they mentioned it to you in the other thread. And then I got caught up in my own BEC about the photo... So, it wasn't the best call out. :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

So  shamefully I copied Kendra and joes baby #2 announcement for our second kiddo and Im feeling like a total leg humper :leghumper:

i just thought it was a good idea and only cost like 6$ ?

At least I'm not doing the submissive wife gaze. I just needed to confess my sins. ?

IMG_7370.PNG

The lack of Fundie gaze makes your’s way cuter though. That, and the fact that you aren’t part of a creepy cult (that I’m aware of. ?) So double high five for you guys doing it better than the Duggars! ??

I purposely avoided doing anything I’ve seen a Duggar or Bates do. That’s entirely because I’m too lazy to really plan anything out, no one I know photographs me as well as I do with a self-timer, and I’m too cheap to pay a professional to take photos for an announcement though. For our first it was just a photo of our dog proudly posing beside a chalkboard that said “Big Sis!” This time I used the same chalkboard to make a collage -

1. First photo was our dog licking her nose on our couch next to the chalkboard. It said “Kid One.”

2. Second photo was my daughter face palming herself in the same spot next to the chalkboard. It now said “Kid Two.”

3. Third picture was of me on the couch holding the chalkboard. It said “Kid Three” with an arrow pointing at my belly. 

4. Last space was filled with writing saying Velocibaby was due this Fall. 

Bing, bang, boom, done. I bribed both kids with treats so they’d cooperate, but it cost me nothing other than a few minutes to take the photos and then some time to make the collage. Super easy, super cheap, and super lazy are my specialties. ?

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The lack of Fundie gaze makes your’s way cuter though. That, and the fact that you aren’t part of a creepy cult (that I’m aware of. ?) So double high five for you guys doing it better than the Duggars! ??

I purposely avoided doing anything I’ve seen a Duggar or Bates do. That’s entirely because I’m too lazy to really plan anything out, no one I know photographs me as well as I do with a self-timer, and I’m too cheap to pay a professional to take photos for an announcement though. For our first it was just a photo of our dog proudly posing beside a chalkboard that said “Big Sis!” This time I used the same chalkboard to make a collage -

1. First photo was our dog licking her nose on our couch next to the chalkboard. It said “Kid One.”

2. Second photo was my daughter face palming herself in the same spot next to the chalkboard. It now said “Kid Two.”

3. Third picture was of me on the couch holding the chalkboard. It said “Kid Three” with an arrow pointing at my belly. 

4. Last space was filled with writing saying Velocibaby was due this Fall. 

Bing, bang, boom, done. I bribed both kids with treats so they’d cooperate, but it cost me nothing other than a few minutes to take the photos and then some time to make the collage. Super easy, super cheap, and super lazy are my specialties. ?

Yeah no cults for us thanks ? Im a horrible photographer my mom actually took that picture the day before on Father's Day and It was the only picture we took since our son was more into Tee ball with his cousins lol yours sounds cute and way more creative though! Plus that ballon was surprisingly difficult to blow up, how on earth do you blow up a balloon with a damn paper straw! I ended up using a metal one.

For my son we lined up our boots with baby boots and had the dog stand next to it because my husband was gone with the army. He was excited to be in the picture this time haha. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yeah no cults for us thanks ? Im a horrible photographer my mom actually took that picture the day before on Father's Day and It was the only picture we took since our son was more into Tee ball with his cousins lol yours sounds cute and way more creative though! Plus that ballon was surprisingly difficult to blow up, how on earth do you blow up a balloon with a damn paper straw! I ended up using a metal one.

For my son we lined up our boots with baby boots and had the dog stand next to it because my husband was gone with the army. He was excited to be in the picture this time haha. 

Next time, look around there is a nozzle hand pump they usually sell with those kinds of balloons. They are a god send to have in the drawer. Buy once and never use again. Don't have one and you can bet you will need six times in three months. 

Edit to add they are only a couple of dollars

Do not be like me and be over eager having a pump and break it and have to buy another one lol 

fj.jpeg

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Aw! Your announcements sound so stinking cute!

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

My announcement for Baby #2 is super cropped so you can't tell that my then 18 month old is running around in a little patch of grass in a median in the Home Depot parking lot. I got her a "Big Sister" shirt to wear but she wasn't in a posing for pictures mood in our yard that morning, or at the playground, but shopping for a new lawn mower at Home Depot filled her with such joy that she was nothing but smiles afterward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Next time, look around there is a nozzle hand pump they usually sell with those kinds of balloons. They are a god send to have in the drawer. Buy once and never use again. Don't have one and you can bet you will need six times in three months. 

Edit to add they are only a couple of dollars

Do not be like me and be over eager having a pump and break it and have to buy another one lol 

fj.jpeg

It was weird to blow up Im not sure that would've worked. It actually only took 3 or 4 breaths but it came with a straw to put in this self sealing hole but it was paper and wouldn't go in. 

• Upvote 5

I am so, so glad that I had my kids well before all this public announcement and social media world. I barely had the room set up and items purchased, and I was 2 weeks overdue, and still working my FT job.

• Upvote 8

Ha ha we didn’t do reveals with one or two but with our girl, we did silly string - supposed to be fun for the kids. One squirted two in the face and scared him. Tears all around #pinterestfail

ah happy memories! It was funny for the onlookers!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I am so, so glad that I had my kids well before all this public announcement and social media world. I barely had the room set up and items purchased, and I was 2 weeks overdue, and still working my FT job.

There's ups and downs to it I like the memories it creates and I think it's kind of fun but I think some people take it too far and put too much pressure on it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

35 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

There's ups and downs to it I like the memories it creates and I think it's kind of fun but I think some people take it too far and put too much pressure on it.

We humans, as a whole, are not good on moderation. Some is good so a lot must be better mentality.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

We found out we were pregnant with our son after we got back from a vacation we took in between IUI cycles. We didn't do anything elaborate for an announcement. We took a picture in our souvenir tee-shirts and the caption was "Surprise! Turns out we brought back more than just these t-shirts from Salem. Baby Sullie due 6/2013"  

With our daughter our friend who paints did a sign that said "Every Superhero needs a Sidekick. Mine arrives July 2015" and we had our son in a batman outfit hold up the sign for a picture. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yeah, I agree with this. I tend not to judge people for how they use social media. I’m not the type to post anything about my pregnancies* on Facebook other than a simple announcement, a handful of funny status updates (like joking about eating my weight in Chinese food it something), and a birth announcement, but I’m not going to judge people who post more about that stuff. Pregnancy is a really exciting time for a lot of people and I get wanting to share that excitement with others. Just because it isn’t right for me doesn’t mean it’s not right for someone else. The only time I’d judge is if someone does something seriously questionable, like something that would really embarrass or hurt another person at some point. 

*Same goes for other big life changes or just posting mundane everyday kind of stuff.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

With our daughter our friend who paints did a sign that said "Every Superhero needs a Sidekick. Mine arrives July 2015" and we had our son in a batman outfit hold up the sign for a picture. 

An old classmate of mine did that & then posted it on Facebook. I thought it was cute. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, Daisy0322 said:

We did similar for our middle child - Mr Smee’s boots, my boots, our son’s adorable toddler glow in the dark gumboots, and a pair of booties. Then a caption “coming Feb 2014”. Simple and didn’t require photography skills or children smiling.

Before posting anything on social media, we sent a printed copy in the mail to our parents, along with a few recent update type pics of our son (so the announcement would be the last of a little pile). Then I owed my husband $10 because MIL sent a text that said “thanks for the pics, very cute” and clearly completely missed the point.

Baby #1 I had time on my hands so I did a “guessing game” with super close-up pics of things - pram, pregnancy vitamins, bib, that kind of thing. Then a day or two later posted the “answers” (a pic where it was much clearer what each item actually was) and an ultrasound image.

By baby #3, I’d quit Facebook, was in a mental hospital around the 12 week mark anyway, afraid I was going to cause a miscarriage with my eating disorder, and generally did not give a shit whether people who went to my high school knew I was having another baby or not. I did resurrect my social media accounts and post a picture of her when she was born, but plenty of people who saw it hadn’t realised I was pregnant until that point.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 13

It’s a girl 

A2CA0180-3B6E-44FE-A868-4F7B3BE4C023.jpeg

ETA: i finally read the article and it says they revealed the -sex- through Garrett’s smash cake on his birthday. I find it kinda sad that on his first birthday the focus is already being but on his little sister. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic