IGNORED

United States Senate

GreyhoundFan

Serious question: what happens if Grassley’s illness incapacitates him from ever returning to his office?

Also: At the moment, he is the President tempore of the Senate. Who is next in line?

(Please Rufus, not McConnell)

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Serious question: what happens if Grassley’s illness incapacitates him from ever returning to his office?

Also: At the moment, he is the President tempore of the Senate. Who is next in line?

(Please Rufus, not McConnell)

The senate can designate a permanent acting president pro-tempore. Since the Rs are in the majority, they'll probably assign someone dreadful, like Lindsey.

• I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The senate can designate a permanent acting president pro-tempore. Since the Rs are in the majority, they'll probably assign someone dreadful, like Lindsey.

Oh. I thought it automatically went to the oldest senator of the majority party. 

Would Grassley's seat be filled by an appointee, or would there be an election to replace him?

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh. I thought it automatically went to the oldest senator of the majority party. 

Would Grassley's seat be filled by an appointee, or would there be an election to replace him?

The tradition is for the senior-most senator of the majority party, but we all know that Bitch McTurtle doesn't give a flying fuck about tradition, he only cares about power, and he can control Lindsey with a waggle of his pinky finger.

Usually there is a person appointed by the governor of the state, in this case, @47of74's beloved (just kidding) Covid Kim, until an election can be arranged.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The tradition is for the senior-most senator of the majority party, but we all know that Bitch McTurtle doesn't give a flying fuck about tradition, he only cares about power, and he can control Lindsey with a waggle of his pinky finger.

Usually there is a person appointed by the governor of the state, in this case, @47of74's beloved (just kidding) Covid Kim, until an election can be arranged.

I see you and I are of like mind that McConnell wouldn't appoint himself as pro tempore. I don't think it's his ambition to be president. After all he already has the most powerful position of all right now.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Beloved?  Yeah lol.  Here in Iowa if Chuckles or Joni had to leave office early #CovidKim would appoint someone and that person would serve until the 2022 general election.  If Joni was the one who left early the election would be for the remainder of her term which goes through 2026.  I could see #CovidKim appointing some younger Republican fucknut to the office in the hopes that he or she would be able to hold on to that seat for 30 or 40 years.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Marco Rubio, frequent poster of Bible verses, reveals that he has never read the book of Matthew. :doh:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Marco Rubio, frequent poster of Bible verses, reveals that he has never read the book of Matthew. :doh:

Yeah Marco and the rest of the fuck nugget party might actually want to crack open the bible and turn to Matthew chapter 6.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Matthew 6:24)

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This is yet another reason why the Dems need a majority in the Senate. Because an ethics committee under control of repugs will simply clear him of any wrongdoing— if they even deign to investigate him.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

This is yet another reason why the Dems need a majority in the Senate. Because an ethics committee under control of repugs will simply clear him of any wrongdoing— if they even deign to investigate him.

Well Susan Collins will give him a stern look and go on record saying she hopes Lindsay learned his lesson.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Chachi threatening to primary Mitt in Utah is so 2020.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

I get Romney does more than I think any other Republican senator in terms of speaking up against Trump and other Republicans. I still don't think it's enough, to be honest. Confirming the SCOTUS picks, only voting against one article of impeachment, it's like he's doing the least amount possible to manage to appear human.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Chachi threatening to primary Mitt in Utah is so 2020.

You think we could get Henry Winkler to do this on New Year's Eve to close out the year?

• Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

:doh:

Shouldn't that turkey be holding a gun?

Ted, go back to your graphics department.

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic