IGNORED

United States Senate

GreyhoundFan

Lying liars who lie, one and all. :liar1:

• Upvote 5

I really, really hope Jamie Harrison wins and kicks Lindsey out of office.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

McSally is frantic because she's looking more and more like she'll lose her senate seat this year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

McSally is frantic because she's looking more and more like she'll lose her senate seat this year.

Shut it, Martha. We want an astronaut. He knows how to solve problems with limited resources.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

So true, auntie, so true. They only care about their precious bank accounts and appointing judges to corrupt the judiciary.

• Upvote 7

Grassley lied? What a shocker. /sarcasm

• Upvote 3

This is probably the only time I've ever agreed with Cruz:

The country and the world would be a better place if the prediction he voices here happened.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I love Steve Schmidt's smackdown of both Cruz and Rubio:

image.png.1c97613d9be2e4f87021f11e0390769b.png

Unroll under spoiler

Spoiler

What a privilege it is to be able to address @tedcruz @marcorubio @SenRickScott all at once. It is no slander and the same criticism applies to you. Never has anything been so clear and obvious as the truth that both Rubio and you lack principle and courage. Trump has cruelly attacked your Wife, the Mother of your daughters and your Father. You debase yourself to maintain his favor for the low purpose of protecting your position and title. During this hour of crisis you could have stood up for American democracy, security and simple decency. You 2/

did not. You took the podium four years ago at the GOP convention and for a moment refused to yield. You capitulated. Then you collaborated. This is what you share in common with Marco. You both submitted fully to the indecency, incompetence, corruption and rank dishonesty that

you once decried. You both became lackeys for the conman you once denounced. Is it fair to speculate how the both of you would have behaved at a different place and a different time in history? Is it fair to speculate what you would do if a demagogic leader with an autocratic

disposition came to power? What if he assaulted the rule of law and attacked essential institutions would you rise up? If he gave moral succor to White Supremacists and inflamed racial animus, would you say enough? If he refused to confront Russia over their bounties

for dead Americans would you condemn him? If his idiocy and incompetence led to the deaths of 170,000 souls, a wrecked economy and a million shattered dreams would you say enough!? What would you say if peaceful protestors exercising their god given rights to speech and assembly

were attacked by State Security Services? We know the answer. Nothing. You would get in line because you got in line. That’s why this is fair. What is your argument? That you would be faithful defenders of liberty, freedom and democracy in all of the other countries with the

Exception of America? No doubt Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio look in the mirror and see leaders staring back. The rest of us see Joiners because that is what they are. The Senate Intelligence Committee issued a report yesterday. Let’s call it the Rubio Report because he is the

Chairman of the Committee, having replaced Richard Burr at the 11th hour. One man’s insider trading scandal is another man’s opportunity as they say in the GOP conference. The report documents in great detail the Russian penetration of Trump’s campaign and Trump’s perjury.

Marco Rubio of course did what he always does. He did what Trump expected. He gaslit the American people by saying the report said the opposite of what in fact it said. Would Rubio have given up his position of power and privilege in 1959 Cuba to fight back against the tyrant?

Would Cruz? Of course not. We know for certain because we have watched them dance on the pin for 3.5 years now. Had they been in France in 1943 they would have made good Vichy. The Trump era is coming to an end. When we account for the massive injury Trump has done to this

Country it is important to always remember he had help. He couldn’t have done it without his accomplices and enablers. It is always so. Lastly, there seems to be some confusion on the part of the Ted Cruz’s and Marco Rubio’s of the world about why so many people are peacefully

protesting injustice on the streets in this country. Maybe this helps. Think about all the black kids that are in jail for a dime bag and then think about Rick Scott who took the 5th 75 times in a massive Medicare fraud case. That criminal gets to be a Senator and venerate

Trump next to you guys. Doesn’t seem fair. @ProjectLincoln PS. Just for Ted, My favorite Presidential directive from the 04 campaign will always be when GWB said of you, “I never want to see that asshole on TV with my name next to his.” You do seem to summon strong reactions

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

What the ever living fuck? I hope no is stupid enough to miss a meal.

Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz) has cooked up an unusual fundraising pitch: She wants supporters to “fast” for a meal — then give her the money that they save for her campaign.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f40a780c5b6763e5dc36054?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stood up at my desk and applauded this:

image.png.0c1d33d24a200c0f2402962b6f053e72.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I can't stand Sasse. He wants to take away the voice of the people.

"Sen. Sasse says senators should have 12-year term limit, be elected by state legislatures"

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), who is up for reelection in November, outlined a sweeping proposal Wednesday to overhaul the Senate, including removing TV cameras from committee hearings, replacing permanent committees with temporary ones and requiring senators to live together in dormitories when they are in Washington.

Among the biggest changes Sasse would like to see: the abolition of the 17th Amendment, which states that senators are elected by popular vote, and the implementation of a 12-year term limit on all senators.

“Different states bring different solutions to the table, and that ought to be reflected in the Senate’s national debate,” Sasse wrote in the Wall Street Journal op-ed, titled “Make the Senate Great Again.” “The old saying used to be that all politics is local, but today — thanks to the internet, 24/7 cable news and a cottage industry dedicated to political addiction — politics is polarized and national. That would change if state legislatures had direct control over who serves in the Senate.”

Sasse does not mention in the piece, however, that in addition to not directly reflecting the will of the people, the election of senators by state legislatures historically posed other problems, including bribery, intimidation and deadlocks that often left Senate seats vacant for years.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, Lindsey, obliterating the EC and adding DC and PR sound good to me. Where do I sign up?

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gee, Lindsey, obliterating the EC and adding DC and PR sound good to me. Where do I sign up?

Sure, Lindsey, describe actually becoming a real democratic country as a negative.

Then again, of course you would be against a democratic electoral process. Democracy would mean all you repugs have a snowball's chance in hell of ever being elected again.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Go Amy!

Wow! Just... wow! Absolutely beautiful and passionate and raw and honest and caring; everything Ted Cruz is not. I ❤️Amy K. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Rafael needs to grow a beard that covers his whole face so we no longer have to see his sneering countenance.

• I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic