IGNORED

United States Senate

GreyhoundFan

7 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I also agree with your perspective that, overall, the leadership should be representative of the population, while still retaining the maturity and organizational memory needed to be effective.

I wish there was more of a mentorship model in political leadership. I think if the current leaders actually included members of all ages in a meaningful way, there would be a strong pipeline for the future, as well as more satisfaction with voters of each generation. I'm a Gen-Xer, and most of the politicians in my age group have been waiting patiently for the elders to involve them and/or step aside. Sadly, the boomers don't want to give up the power.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Cramer is still not sure who will win this.

Uh but I think the reporters should not be asking this... it should be taken for granted. It just gives legitimacy to the loons that it's even a question.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Edited by Cartmann99
added tweet
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe they're planning to star in a remake of "Dumb and Dumber" in case this senate thing doesn't work out for them.

• Haha 5

On 12/13/2020 at 11:39 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Wait, she has $800 MILLION in the bank? I can't even begin to imagine what kind of lifestyle that equals.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Why does she want a day job?  If I had that kind of money I'd have a lot of better options than spend time with Mitch & co.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

53 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why does she want a day job?  If I had that kind of money I'd have a lot of better options than spend time with Mitch & co.  

For real! If I had that kind of money I'd be retired, traveling, and enjoying life. Maybe volunteering for local charities. Making lots of art. The closest thing to "working" I'd even consider doing would be maybe opening a local yarn store with an online presence, and I'd do as much of that as possible by hiring good people and letting them work!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I'm honestly surprised that none of these jackasses have suggested that Americans should be forced to take a drug test as a condition of receiving a stimulus check.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, JMarie said:

Wait, she has $800 MILLION in the bank?

I have seen at least one picture on twitter of her enormous ginormous mansion, which is one of five.  She has a private jet. This woman is MAGA mega wealthy.  I do mean rich.   I have no idea how much she and her husband are worth combined.  

McConnell had polio as a child and is very pro vaccine.  He's also pro mask, because he's not stupid that way and he's way into self preservation, which leads to...he's also a Machiavellian asshole who likes money and power, a lot.  Why Kentuckians keep him in office, I'll never know. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.d872da3621675a555a18072c6339afd7.png

This makes me so angry.

Another inappropriate idea. I think if our officials in Washington have been seen multiple times with no face masks on they should go to the end of the line. I can understand vaccinating those who've constantly had their face masks on and who take this very seriously to provide for continuity of government if covid races through Congress like a wildfire, but I don't think those who said it was a hoax and purposefully tried to get it by not wearing masks should be allowed to get vaccinated until everyone has been vaccinated.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic