IGNORED

United States Senate

GreyhoundFan

On 12/30/2020 at 7:40 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Poor pup, having to be on the same boat as Cruz.

It's south Texas, so it's a four-wheeler in a sea grass and mesquite. 

Who knows if Ted Cruz really enjoys this or even being outside, but just needs to create an image as an outdoorsman. 

But maybe quail hunting  is a thing.   Antonin Scalia died in his sleep at an exclusive ranch in West Texas where he was quail hunting. 

Dick Cheney's famous hunting incident occurred when he was hunting quail in south Texas.  He shot a fellow hunter with a shot gun, close enough that the the elderly man suffered a collapsed lung and a non-fatal heart attack and afib from a piece of buckshot near his heart and had a few pieces in his face as well. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

I thought that things would have calmed down, that we'd be looking forward to electoral votes being counted in the normal way.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Who here is brave enough to watch the returns tonight?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

So, initially Ossoff and Warnock were ahead because they counted the in-person early votes first. Loeffler and Purdue are now slightly ahead because they are now adding in-person Election Day votes.  Still to come are the absentee ballots, which favor the Democrats, but who knows how it will end up...this is not Nov 3.  

• Thank You 7

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Perdue doesn't need to concede.  He's already out of the Senate because his term is over and the new Congress has been seated.  If he wins, Ossoff would be seated as soon as GA certifies.  

Loeffler was appointed, not elected.  So if it comes down to it, Brian Kemp could revoke her appointment. Although I think that is quite unlikely...

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
clarity
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, initially Ossoff and Warnock were ahead because they counted the in-person early votes first. Loeffler and Purdue are now slightly ahead because they are now adding in-person Election Day votes.  Still to come are the absentee ballots, which favor the Democrats, but who knows how it will end up...this is not Nov 3.  

NYT and FiveThirtyEight both are cautiously optimistic for the Democrats, though both are left leaning news sites.

NYT has Warnock at 90% chance of winning. Their main justification seems to be that the republicans are underperforming slightly, and don't seem to be hitting the numbers they need before the big blue counties come in.

• Upvote 5

If only one is to win, I'd rather Ossoff win than Warnock.  As odious as I find Loeffler to be, Ossoff is running for a full term.  Loeffler and Warnock are running for the remainder of Isakson's term, so the winner will have to run again in 2022.

Ideally, both Ossoff and Warnock win.  We will see...

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

If only one is to win, I'd rather Ossoff win than Warnock.  As odious as I find Loeffler to be, Ossoff is running for a full term.  Loeffler and Warnock are running for the remainder of Isakson's term, so the winner will have to run again in 2022.

Ideally, both Ossoff and Warnock win.  We will see...

It's looking increasingly better for both of them ?

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6

Warnock is now ahead and Ossoff is trailing slightly.  There are still votes outstanding -- particularly in Democratic counties.  I'm hopeful but still worried.  I think Warnock will surely win.  I hope Ossoff does as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Warnock is now ahead and Ossoff is trailing slightly.  There are still votes outstanding -- particularly in Democratic counties.  I'm hopeful but still worried.  I think Warnock will surely win.  I hope Ossoff does as well.

Ossoff has taken the lead. NYT has all but called the race for both of them. It has both as >95% of winning, and predicts both final margins will be greater than the recount threshold. I think we can relax now. Moscow Mitches reign is almost over (for the next 2 years at least)

edit: literally as I hit save NYT called the race for Warnock.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 8

It looks like Democrats found those 11 800 votes and I'm  rolling on the floor laughing my ossoff.

I saw mentions that if Ossoff and Warnock both win, Biden might nominate Sally Yates for AG.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 13

14 minutes ago, Becky said:

I am imagining both Trump and McConnell this morning - beautiful!

That’s a huge part of why I want the Dems to win both seats...Moscow Mitch will be much easier to put in his place!

• I Agree 12

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The crickets must be pretty loud over at FoxSpews. Adding that someone needs to check in on the turtle. He isn’t okay 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 6

Not time for celebration yet...you know Loeffler and Purdue will pull all types of shenanigans to prevent certification, with the full backing of the party.  And  the turtle will keep his leadership until both Ossoff and Warnock are seated in the Senate.

• I Agree 8

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

The crickets must be pretty loud over at FoxSpews. Adding that someone needs to check in on the turtle. He isn’t okay 

They're covering the rally. They're singing Happy Birthday to Eric, who wants as his gift, for senators to grow a backbone. Screeching Kimberly Guilfoyle stepped in next and Fox News cuts away.

• Upvote 6

My daughter has a medical appointment in DC this afternoon. It isn’t near the capitol , but I’m still anxious 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic