IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

So just to recap. Weigh down works except when it doesn't because of sneaky water. But you better not stop using Gwen's plan or she will destroy you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

But I thought God knows exactly how much I should weigh and eat and following man made rules is bad.

If I set myself a goal to lose the last pound, isn't that a man made rule?

What if God's growl is telling me to raid the fridge at night?

Unless it's Gwen or leadership... because they somehow have the divine authority to tell you exactly what GOD wants for your weight loss. 

• Upvote 7

And somehow, it always seems that what God wants lines up perfectly with what they want.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen then comes in and seems to contradict Joe by saying you can't do it for yourself, when he literally just said make a commitment to yourself to change. Was she not paying attention or was she annoyed at what he said? Gwen takes a super long time to say the world is accepting everything that is obese, but the only thing that can help you is the love of God. 

He *always* talks about personal goals.

And she *always* talks about dying to self and doing Gwod’s will alone

I get the feeling Joe hasn’t read one of Gwod’s books or listened to one of her classes/sermons.

And who could blame him?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sajetime said:

He *always* talks about personal goals.

And she *always* talks about dying to self and doing Gwod’s will alone

I get the feeling Joe hasn’t read one of Gwod’s books or listened to one of her classes/sermons.

And who could blame him?

Joe's glassy countenance comes from his efforts to tune out wifey.  BUT, is it working?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

From watching those videos I get the feeling Joe would like to take Weigh Down in a less God will kill you if you don't follow me, direction. He has seemed to start talking almost more than Gwen in these videos. 

They also, to me, don't interact like a happily married couple. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

Wait, am I finally out of the prayer closet?!

Thank Gwod!

Welcome back! 

Praise Gwod!

*offers the saltiest of potato chips*

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/25/2019 at 4:58 PM, SuperNova said:

Today's devotional is quite bland and it's like Gwen doesn't quite know where to step. I'm not sure what she's actually concerned about. She has been dispensing terrible advice for decades and one doesn't have to look very far to find it. Her carefully worded devotionals do absolutely nothing to stem the tide of bad information that has already come out. Gwen may as well just say what she means because it's really too late in the game to change public opinion. 

The last couple of devotionals have been very bland. The one today is mostly Bible verses with a little Gwen thrown in. Which is the total opposite of what she usually does. 

IMO she is trying to keep in bland in hopes we will stop talking about her. Sure she has the crazy out there in books and videos, but here her teachings are easy to read and are dissected to show how insane and dangerous her teachings are. I'm sure that if you Google Gwen, Remnant Fellowship or Weigh Down these threads will pop up, Reading this is bound to scare off potential converts, especially ones that haven't been love bombed first. Gwen wants this thread to go away and the easiest way to do that is to write bland daily devotionals in attempt to give us less to discuss. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I'm happy to keep talking about Gwen Shamblin (Gwod) as long as she keeps perpetrating that fraud of a fake eating disorder religion on people.  You can't shut us up, Gwennie!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

From watching those videos I get the feeling Joe would like to take Weigh Down in a less God will kill you if you don't follow me, direction. He has seemed to start talking almost more than Gwen in these videos. 

They also, to me, don't interact like a happily married couple. 

Based on the timeline I was provided with, I doubt Joe Lara was in Remnant Fellowship long enough to truly understand what he was getting himself into.  I'm already looking forward to Gwen Shamblin's second divorce and indecently hasty remarriage.  Maybe next time her boytoy will be younger and capable of facial expressions :tw_joy:

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

While Gwod is off this week, having headed down to her Destin mansion in a private plane with her chosen few, the rest of the congregation gets a babysitting replay sermon ... warning how wrong it is to judge and criticize those in the church.

Gwod, your paranoia is showing.

5B51598D-6CC3-43A8-BC19-DB1C73A395A8.png

• Upvote 6

I have to say it:  I had terminal patients who looked healthier than Gwen.  She looks like the walking dead.  That others can't see how sick she looks amazes me.

• Upvote 10

Today's devotional is about not bothering with a healthy balanced diet, how Weigh Down will cure your depression and Gwen having mountains of money is fine since she doesn't love money. She is also not an alcoholic, please forget that time she mentioned her little drinking problem. 

Simply put… God wants us to work on our heart and soul being pure and righteous, rather than working on making the food clean and righteous and the environment pure. That is why so many people who start WeighDown are no longer depressed. God tells us that we do not need to worry about the content of foods. Alcohol in moderation is not evil, and wine has been proven to be healthy in small amounts; overdrinking is wrong. Food is not bad… you have to eat to live; overeating food is incredibly damaging to all organs and the resulting fat crowds all the organs, including the lungs, the liver, and the kidneys. Money is not the problem; it is the love of money, wanting more, hoarding, being stingy or tight-fisted. It is greed… greed is idolatry. More is not better. Therefore, we need to be concerned about the content of the spiritual heart.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, sajetime said:

So is her lipliner.

"And the Lord sayeth I command all those who follow me to blend."  - from the book of Sephora 3:16

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So is her lipliner.

"And the Lord sayeth I command all those who follow me to blend."  - from the book of Sephora 3:16

Please let some version of this be the next thread title!

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

My daughter, who is 40, is now at her thinnest-ever adult weight, owing to severe stress going on in her life right now. And she has to put up with constant gushing about how “fabulous” she looks. Much of it comes from men who are hitting in her, going on and on about, “You look great! You must spend all your time at the gym!” No, dickwads—she has a stressful job and is trying to determine how/whether to keep her marriage together (a tough thing to do when she’s the only one trying) and is in agony about how it may be affecting her child. It isn’t all about keeping skinny and pretty for Teh Menz.

Edited by Hane
  • Sad 14

9 hours ago, sajetime said:

While Gwod is off this week, having headed down to her Destin mansion in a private plane with her chosen few, the rest of the congregation gets a babysitting replay sermon ... warning how wrong it is to judge and criticize those in the church.

5B51598D-6CC3-43A8-BC19-DB1C73A395A8.png

Yep, her paranoi is showing!  But she doesn't care about us or anybody else who might disapprove...  Right.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Hane said:

My daughter, who is 40, is now at her thinnest-ever adult weight, owing to severe stress going on in her life right now. And she has to put up with constant gushing about how “fabulous” she looks. Much of it comes from men who are hitting in her, going on and on about, “You look great! You must spend all your time at the gym!” No, dickwads—she has a stressful job and is trying to determine how/whether to keep her marriage together (a tough thing to do when she’s the only one trying) and is in agony about how it may be affecting her child. It isn’t all about keeping skinny and pretty for Teh Menz.

I'm sorry this is happening to your daughter. I tend to lose weight when life goes downhill and have heard similar comments. And they absolutely can be hurtful.

Last year a lot of things in my life went wrong and I dropped down to my lowest weight in years. I was constantly getting comments about how great I looked and how I should keep up the weight loss. Little did they know that I was losing weight because everything I tried to eat tasted like chalk and I was reverting back to some eating disordered behaviors. The shitty part of eating disorder recovery is that, in my experience at least, there is a huge amount of positive reinforcement for losing weight. People are nicer to me, compliment me more, it's easier to make friends. Family members would regularly buy clothes for me. And it all goes away when you gain the weight back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 15

@Calypso, amen. When my middle sister was in the worst of her bulimia/anorexia, walking around looking gray and haggard (but still not thin), she kept getting gushing compliments on her weight loss—even though her illness nearly killed her (in the hospital, her doctor told us she had the lowest blood potassium level he’d ever seen in a live person). I’ve seen so many people rapidly shedding weight and looking like absolute shit (such as my mom after her emergency quadruple bypass surgery), and still being told how WONDERFUL they look, when they in fact don’t look wonderful at all—they just look thin.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

In real life, I literally never comment on a person’s weight because of the comments I’ve had going coming from all directions (you’re too fat, you’re too thin, you look great since you’ve lost weight, you look great now that you’ve gained weight). If someone wants to talk with me about their weight, that’s fine. But I literally never bring up a person’s weight no matter if it’s positive or negative. 

I preface this by saying “in real life” because online things are a little different. I will comment in my weight loss groups encouragement like “congrats on making your goal weight” and things like that. I know these comments are invited based on their posts about their weight loss. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have no clue what Gwen is babbling on about today. Apparently all the evil in the world magically stops at the borders of the US. 

"The average human follows the direction of the world. They want to hang onto believing that the food is at fault for their obesity and poor health. They want to believe that they are “saved” and a “Saint” while all the evil is outside of them—and if you listen to the news, all the evil occurs outside this country. Evil is so far away that it is on the other side of the world. People go from doctor to doctor to try to figure out why they are unhappy and sick. People do not naturally want to accept responsibility for their dismal life. The summary of this is… we are to be focusing on the content of our hearts instead of the contents of the food package."

• WTF 10

She is very defensive and hateful in that word salad. Gwod is mad, plus hangry. If she would eat she would be so much happier. Diet coke and potato chips will make you feel like crap if they are a huge chunk of your diet. 

16 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

They want to hang onto believing that the food is at fault for their obesity and poor health. They want to believe that they are “saved” and a “Saint” 

Is she saying that overweight or unhealthy people are going to hell? 

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Hane said:

My daughter, who is 40, is now at her thinnest-ever adult weight, owing to severe stress going on in her life right now. And she has to put up with constant gushing about how “fabulous” she looks.

@Hane, @Calypso yep, I lose pounds when I am under severe stress.   A little stress will make me eat but a lot of stress will kill my appetite totally, eating is very forced and I can't always keep the food down.   In my early 40s I lost a ton of weight due to a lot of workplace induced stress, between a crazy workload and having to deal with harassment from a coworker.   People told me how great I looked due to the weight loss, but while I was thinner, I also looked gray and ill.   My blood pressure was sky high.  

• Love 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic