IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

Just now, Granwych said:

I love CIAB crackers and have done so for at least 50 years. 

Ikr?!  One of my favorite holiday guilty pleasures and I am seriously bereft. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Sugar-Free Peeps are Satan’s spawn, though.

ITA.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were used by Gwen and company for communion.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

WTF?? The whole point of peeps is SUGAR!! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Why would anyone attempt to make sugar free Peeps?! They are sugar coated with more sugar, take out the sugar and you have something that shouldn't exist. 

Here is a rare picture of Elizabeth at the Purim celebration. Why exactly do they do Jewish holidays?

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 4

Unless Michael is standing behind someone, he seems conspicuous by his absence.

Has he been seen at RF lately since he gained some weight?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Why would anyone attempt to make sugar free Peeps?! They are sugar coated with more sugar, take out the sugar and you have something that shouldn't exist. 

Here is a rare picture of Elizabeth at the Purim celebration. Why exactly do they do Jewish holidays?

The short story is Gwen claims that since God said the old festivals (Jewish holidays) should be everlasting, then True Christians will follows His Will and honor the festivals of the Old Testament. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

From what I have seen of RF photos posted on social media, Michael is rarely seen on stage with the other RF royalty anymore. It looks even weirder when his wife and kids are there and he’s missing. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Does Elizabeth only have that one dress? The last several occasions that Elizabeth has been photographed she is in that dress. 

And is Gwen wearing Pantalooms under her dress? What in the hell? Her congregation thinks she looks good and tries to mimic her style? Wow. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

I just don't get how these people can read the shit she writes and keep pretending it is true. Today's devotional is more about how Gwen likes junk food and not healthy food therefore everyone should eat like she does and stop trying to eat a healthy balanced diet. She then claims that animals don't have a food pyramid and are healthy. She apparently has missed that if you give your pets human junk food and let them eat it whenever they want to your pets will get health problems. 

Yesterday I didn't eat healthy at all and by the end of the day I didn't feel too well. This morning what I really wanted was more junk food but instead I got oatmeal. If I had obeyed Gwen's rules and eaten junk food instead of healthy food I would feel bad right now. This idea that just because you crave something your body needs it is just ridiculous. No one actually needs fried chicken and Oreos, but Gwen acts like you do. 

o wake up internal control, you must end the lies and believe the truth. Remember, Colossians 2:22 says, “These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.” There are man-made rules and there are God’s rules. Oh, how man likes to make up rules and make other men go by them. But they do not work, and it is your job to learn the difference. If you do it God’s way, you will have immediate positive results. . If it is man’s rules you are following, you will never lose the weight and you will become larger every year. My prayer is that this generation puts an end to man-made rules of all kinds. You will not be undernourished if you eat regular foods or what the body is calling for. God did not give the animals a “food pyramid” to decode and interpret what foods to eat, and yet they are beautiful and well-fed. It is simply not as complicated as the nutrition world would have you believe. The foods we eat from the grocery store are adequate if we eat a variety. The term “regular foods” includes pizza, cheeseburgers, eggs and pancakes, cereal and milk, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips with cheese dip and chili, Chinese foods, rice and beans, taco pile-up with lettuce and chopped tomatoes, peanut butter and jelly, and deli sandwiches— and everyone gets in the mood for apples, grapes, and carrots or celery with ranch dressing… you get the picture—all from the grocery, and they are America’s most popular foods. Too much as too much fiber or high fiber foods that can cause harm to the intestines. Plant such of anything can make you sick,sources of foods are wonderful and will likely always be the major source of our calories, however, it is not wrong to eat animal sources of food. You do not have to be a vegetarian to live a longer life.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

Eating fiber is dangerous. Okay.

Also, I'm convinced that God didn't create celery for human consumption.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And is Gwen wearing Pantalooms under her dress? What in the hell? Her congregation thinks she looks good and tries to mimic her style? Wow. 

She needs to pick a style if she wants them to mimic her - she's often all beige and white, but then breaks out the red Pretty Woman dress or this blue dress with the mori-style pantaloons, or the vintage beehive and dress combo in that funeral home looking photo. She's already got Magnolia Pearl hair, she should just go to their style entirely. It'll totally fit her "don't store up treasures on Earth, but hey I buy stuff as expensive as possible" thing - crazy expensive clothes, very oversized to hide how scrawny she is, eccentric, yet looks like it comes from a dumpster. And it'll be way cheaper and easier for her congregation to mimic her - they can just hit up thrift stores and yard sales to get the same look for pennies on the dollar. Wedding dresses will be easy - buy one in the largest acceptable Remnant size, and everyone wears it. It'll be baggy on the skinny brides, and will get rattier and rattier over time, fitting the aesthetic more and more.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Eating fiber is dangerous. Okay.

Also, I'm convinced that God didn't create celery for human consumption.

Celery was created for times when you don’t have water chestnuts and your pasta salad needs something a little toothsome.

cant strike out on phone but I meant crunchy and tried to get fancy and failed.  Apparently toothsome doesn’t mean what I thought it did.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

That pic looks like something out of one of those variety shows from the 70’s.

Was she going for The Brady Bunch Hour look?  If so, where are the synchronized swimmers?

and why did the bradys have synchronized swimming?  Was it to distract us from fake Jan?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

from Gwen

Plant such of anything can make you sick

Gwen - you are right - plants such as nightshade, oleander, water hemlock, tobacco, white snakeroot, could make you very sick (dead) but we aren't serving those types of plants.

A salad made from lettuce, romaine, & spinach won't kill you, honest, it won't. 

god, she is so dumb.  

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

The term “regular foods” includes pizza, cheeseburgers, eggs and pancakes, cereal and milk, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips with cheese dip and chili, Chinese foods, rice and beans, taco pile-up with lettuce and chopped tomatoes, peanut butter and jelly, and deli sandwiches

I wonder if these were lifted off the church's cafe menu?  Might as well steer the minions to purchase "regular foods" from Gwod. ???

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Wedding dresses will be easy - buy one in the largest acceptable Remnant size, and everyone wears it. It'll be baggy on the skinny brides, and will get rattier and rattier over time, fitting the aesthetic more and more.

Funny you say that- they tried to get me to wear someone else’s dress as opposed to me getting my own wedding dress...

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Does Elizabeth only have that one dress? The last several occasions that Elizabeth has been photographed she is in that dress. 

I noticed that too.  She's always in the same one though I admit I like the style of it, certainly better than the weird styles that Gwen sports.   

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

If it is man’s rules you are following, you will never lose the weight and you will become larger every year.

If this is true then how have I been wearing the same jeans for 8 years?

taco pile-up

I've never heard anyone use this term but it sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll make a taco pile-up with Mexican rice for dinner tonight. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If leaving RF causes a person to lose friends and family then by definition they are absolutely not a nice group of people.  They are a cult no matter how "nice" they act (and it is an act) or how much "love" they bomb. 

I agree 100%. I know it's from the Scientology show, but I LOVE the quote "The difference between a church and a cult is what happens when you leave."

But it seems that for those who are in the middle of it, the "nice people" and "love bombing" are affirming, and to walk away from that seems wrong. Someone once told us that part of why they stay is because they think leaving would be disrespectful to the people from the church who had helped them. Literally staying in the cult because leaving (even to go to a Bible believe "normal" church) would be mean? It's so twisted.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, formergothardite said:

But isn't deceiving people the entire point of her changing stories to match the narrative she is trying to sell? She wants people to believe things happened that didn't actually happen. It sounds to me like Gwen lies. 

In some way Gwen and her minions know that without love bombing and manipulation they can't win over people because when they came here they refused to discuss the beliefs of RF and only said for us to visit them and we would understand. If I lived near RF I would totally take them up on their offer and start showing up to church with a list of questions. What do people think they would do if people did actually start attending and pointing out the hypocrisy and things that just don't make sense? Would they have them legally banned from attending church services if love bombing and shaming didn't work to get people to stop asking questions? 

We asked someone who was a former member: What would happen if we went to a service and raised our hand and started asking questions. What would happen if when we met Gwen we didn't just shake her hand... what if we (in a respectful manner) started questioning her. They didn't really have an answer other than people would "push us out." That would work if I were hoping to become a part of the church because being pushed out socially would make me stop questioning... but I don't know what would happen if being pushed to the outer circle didn't work, because I wasn't aiming for the inner circle?

Any thoughts from former members? I'm really curious if that's ever happened before too. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I noticed that too.  She's always in the same one though I admit I like the style of it, certainly better than the weird styles that Gwen sports.   

It makes her look like a zombie with her pitifully thin shape, white skin and dark lipstick. Also, she looks so out of it. They need to get her help for her ED before it's too late.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

Gwen's daily devotional is pretty much a devotional to herself since God isn't brought up a lot. Today it is  all about how foods are fortified with vitamins so go ahead and eat junk food. Plus French people eat tons of fat and aren't fat so don't worry about a balanced diet. She claims that your body will guide you to only eating small amounts of high fat, high sugar food, which is something I have not found true at all. The more junk food I eat the more junk food I crave and as I eat it more often I crave it more often. 

As a rule, Americans are not missing vitamins. So many foods are fortified or enriched with extra vitamins and minerals, and your body can cue you to a variety so that you need not worry about what you eat. If you listen to the body, it can sense high fat or high sugar foods, and it will guide you to stop on small amounts of those foods. The French eat small amounts of rich foods and yet do not overeat them and have a longer life expectancy than Americans. We blame the fat and alcohol in the U.S. but live a shorter life than the French, who eat more fats and drink wine daily.

The French eat 4 times as much butter and 60 percent more cheese and they consume much more saturated fat, because Americans consume a much larger proportion of fat in the form of vegetable oil, with most of that being soybean oil. Thin Eaters eat more like the French, and thin people like the French live longer and have fewer heart attacks. The common denominator of superior health is not the type of fat, but rather the volume and the sensitivity to giving the body the amount of food that it calls for (neither over nor under).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

So, since we know that people in different cultures tend to eat very differently according to their culture... why did God program their bodies to crave different types of food?

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

It makes her look like a zombie with her pitifully thin shape, white skin and dark lipstick. Also, she looks so out of it. They need to get her help for her ED before it's too late.

The black color is what does it.  It makes a stark contrast with her white skin, then there's the dark lipstick on white skin.  It looks vampirish to me.   The color in particular highlights how unhealthy she is but if she had normal coloring and was not so terribly thin, she would look a lot better in it.   As she is, I don't think she would look healthy in anything to be honest.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic