IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

On 4/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, sajetime said:

While Gwod is off this week, having headed down to her Destin mansion in a private plane with her chosen few, the rest of the congregation gets a babysitting replay sermon ... warning how wrong it is to judge and criticize those in the church.

Gwod, your paranoia is showing.

5B51598D-6CC3-43A8-BC19-DB1C73A395A8.png

She looks ill to me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I saw this on my Facebook. It made me laugh that Gwen and her rat's nest are pictured in the worst hairdo lineup hahahaha

Screenshot_20190430-083448_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

Regular food for Gwen is junk food. And no, when I eat junk food I don't feel hunger and fullness as well as I do when I'm eating a balanced diet. This is all just Gwen justifying why she tends to eat junk food and not anything remotely healthy. She took down her FB video that showed what she ate in a day or I would send it to one of those YouTube dietitians who review wacky diets. 

When you learn to eat regular foods in the correct amounts using hunger and fullness, you have achieved 90 percent of sound and life-giving nutrition. How is this possible? It is because calories are the main nutrient need, and you can hardly make a mistake. Glucose is the chemical [C6H12O6] that you need to run each cell in the body. All the food groups are simply chemicals that can be converted to glucose by the liver, thus providing the needed fuel to run on. The last 10 percent is learning what the body is calling for, and you can sense the need for fluids, calories, and vitamins. For example, you may crave orange juice from time to time or you might have a hankering for milk and cereal. You do not want at lunch what your body asked for at breakfast, and you do not crave for dinner what you ate at lunch. You have had sensations of never wanting to eat a certain food again when you have overdone it. This is all biological feedback that is programmed into the brilliantly made body you have been given.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

On 4/29/2019 at 11:17 AM, SuperNova said:

I have no clue what Gwen is babbling on about today. Apparently all the evil in the world magically stops at the borders of the US. 

"The average human follows the direction of the world. They want to hang onto believing that the food is at fault for their obesity and poor health. They want to believe that they are “saved” and a “Saint” while all the evil is outside of them—and if you listen to the news, all the evil occurs outside this country. Evil is so far away that it is on the other side of the world. People go from doctor to doctor to try to figure out why they are unhappy and sick. People do not naturally want to accept responsibility for their dismal life. The summary of this is… we are to be focusing on the content of our hearts instead of the contents of the food package."

What the actual heck?!?

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, RFfamANON said:

I realize this is off topic but what does RF do about funerals?  Or do they just never die?

The two deaths that occurred when I was a member resulted in very quiet, private funerals. Only immediate family, leadership, and maybe a close friend or two. 

• Thank You 8

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Glucose is the chemical [C6H12O6] that you need to run each cell in the body.

Bullshit is the chemical [8U11SH1T] that Gwen needs to run each cell in her body.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19

13 hours ago, RFfamANON said:

I realize this is off topic but what does RF do about funerals?  Or do they just never die?

Like cockroaches.

Joking aside, they definitely try to minimize death.  They spend their whole lives telling other people that  health problems are a curse from God due to disobedience.  It creates a problem for RF when they get old, or sick, or cancer, or heart disease like everyone else.  They are also hypocritical about health just like every other aspect of their lives.  If an inner-circle person has a health problem everyone calls it "spiritual warfare" but if an outer-circle has a health problem it's a "curse" and is used to manipulate and control them.  

Remnant members aren't necessarily any younger looking or healthier than anyone else.  I remember the first time I saw Gwen Shamblin up close.  It was either 2005 or 2006, because I remember the specific event that happened that year that led to me meeting Gwen in that stupid little office area she built for herself in the church across from the "eagle" room.  I still remember how shocked I was at how old she looked up close.  Wrinkly, leathery skin and numerous dark, post-menopausal upper lip hairs poking through her caked-on makeup.  And that was 13-14 years ago, so just imagine what poor Joe Lara has gone through in 2019.

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

My guess is that Gwod doesn’t actually talk as much about death compared to other Christian fundies and evangelicals. Part of her ministry is about being healthy (through thinness and not eating) for the lord. And if you want to push godly health, you don’t want to focus on members dying. Plus she likely has little to say. When someone dies, they can no longer obsess about food. So what would she preach about? 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

just imagine what poor Joe Lara has gone through in 2019

oh no.

OH No...

NO!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

We have found one of Gwen's sensitive spots when discussing how her diet is so unhealthy. Her last two devotionals are nothing but frantic justifications for her diet soda and potato chip addiction. She keeps using the term regular food as substitute for the word junk food, but we have read enough of her stuff to know when she says stick to regular food she means grab a diet coke and a bag of chips. You do not look and Gwen and think "Wow, that is someone who is eating a healthy diet." She looks like she lives on junk food. On her what I eat today video the one vegetable she ate was a miniature salad which she picks up each piece of lettuce and dips in dressing. 

It is also funny how she criticizes industries who make money off diets when that is exactly what she does. Gwen just thinks she should be the only one to make money off a diet plan. 

Spoiler

The human body, over time, wants appropriate amounts of a variety of foods. Most of the world in all generations—and even among the seven billion living today—do not know what the food pyramids are. Notice the confusion from the so-called experts. None of the experts even agree on anything, neither what foods to emphasize nor the amounts from each food group. From 1956 until 1992, the United States Department of Agriculture recommended its “Basic Four” food groups, but it always had its controversies. Then there were almost 20 years of the confusing pyramids used by the World Health Organization (WHO) in conjunction with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and picked up by the U.S. in 1992. In a consumer survey, three of four Americans said there is too much conflicting/ confusing information about diet in these pyramids.

Contributing to this confusion were several dietary pyramids that have begun to compete for the public’s attention: The USDA Food Guide Pyramid, the Mediterranean Pyramid, the Asian Pyramid, and the Latin American Pyramid, among others. These pyramids were in use in 25 countries, each with their own ideas. What did these pyramids, all with seemingly different messages, mean for anyone?

So they dropped the pyramid approach. Now “MyPlate” is the current nutrition guide published by the United States Department of Agriculture, depicting a place setting with a plate and glass divided into five food groups. It replaced the USDA’s MyPyramid guide on June 2, 2011, concluding 19 years of USDA food pyramid diagrams. MyPlate simply reverts back to the simple food groups, except they have separated fruits and vegetables into separate groups—so there are five categories. They call fats “oils” now, and the amounts are still very confusing, and each organization and university has its own opinion. There is absolutely no consensus. Harvard wants milk off the list, saying it contributes to heart disease, and some groups want the list to contain all vegetarian foods. There is a complicated, long list from various places on good and bad foods. The food industry has a strong lobby in this “good foods” and “bad foods” indoctrination.

Read more in Weigh Down Works! 

Spoiler

God never intended for eating to be such a confusing burden nor a scare. Since the sale of foods is a big industry in this country, false promotional information is rampant because it is hard to monitor. There are a lot of words that are misunderstood—for example, “organic” or “chemical.” Everything you eat is a chemical, primarily carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Organic simply means it contains “carbon,” and almost all foods are made up of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.

Nutrition and dietetics are the studies of the chemicals that your body manufactures for you or that you consume which run the Krebs cycle to provide energy for each cell in your body. But we propose to you that we are not exactly what we eat, because the body manufactures many chemicals such as cholesterol, vitamin K, and vitamin D that you need. You do not have to eat these or many other chemicals for good health. For example, you do not have to eat bones to make bones, collagen to make collagen, or cells to have cells. The body makes most everything that is needed, and you supply the energy to keep the body running. But just like a car that mainly needs gasoline to run, it occasionally needs you to add motor oil or wiper fluid. For example, you need small amounts of vitamins each day in proportion to the food you eat, and yet these vitamins are found in the regular foods we eat if you eat a variety. As a general rule, if you eat correctly, you do not need to take vitamins.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Since the sale of foods is a big industry in this country, false promotional information is rampant because it is hard to monitor.

....  Read more in Weigh Down Works!

I get what Gwen is getting at with diet advice being overcomplicated as nutritional guidelines change over time.  BUT!  Her Gwod industry is worse since people are making her richer and themselves poorer following her thin-as-salvation message with a side order of color coordination and craziness. 

It is also funny how she criticizes industries who make money off diets when that is exactly what she does. Gwen just thinks she should be the only one to make money off a diet plan.

Exactly.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

There are a lot of words that are misunderstood—for example, “organic” or “chemical.”

This cracked me up. She's definitely trying hard to defend junk food. Yes, even natural foods have a chemical make up but there's a difference between the chemical composition of natural foods and foods made from chemicals that are mixed up in a lab and made in a factory, that are nothing but synthesized flavors and articifical compounds. Can Gwen appreciate the difference? 

• Upvote 12

Dihydrogen monoxide!

(aka: water)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This cracked me up. She's definitely trying hard to defend junk food. Yes, even natural foods have a chemical make up but there's a difference between the chemical composition of natural foods and foods made from chemicals that are mixed up in a lab and made in a factory, that are nothing but synthesized flavors and articifical compounds. Can Gwen appreciate the difference? 

Yes!!! How on EARTH did this woman graduate to become a dietitian?!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, OperationSunshine said:

Yes!!! How on EARTH did this woman graduate to become a dietitian?!

I honestly think it’s because she got her degree so long ago. I bet she remembers almost nothing of what she learned in college. She just uses her degree to look like she knows what she’s talking about.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

please tell me that is a parody!

It is, but many people are fooled!

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

If she is so confused by food pyramids and nutritional guidelines she was probably a crappy dietitian to begin with. 7

For example, you do not have to eat bones to make bones, collagen to make collagen, or cells to have cells.

Um. Well. Yeah. Unless you consume only synthetic nutrition produced in a lab by chemists, you're going to eat cells. Plants are cells. Meat is cells. Mushrooms are cells. Fish are cells.

Anyway,  I drink a lot of coffee, why am I not black and hot and sweet?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:
59 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

please tell me that is a parody!

It is, but many people are fooled!

If you want to make a point with someone about "chemicals!!!1!!1!!" and you're afraid they won't get that it's a parody, this one is a bit safer, because it bluntly states the point at the bottom.

Spoiler

42212368_2427582260596104_2700746487368777728_n.jpg.b903380de042645f458f286eef227e57.jpg.453bec3dda684b7e61b6179ce60ce8c7.jpg

The  Dihydrogen monoxide site still cracks me up every time, though! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

I wonder if at any point she actually understood proper nutrition? By now her whole diet system is about justifying what she likes, but I wonder if in the beginning she actually wasn't so extreme. She did look healthier back then. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/29/2019 at 6:17 PM, SuperNova said:

I have no clue what Gwen is babbling on about today. Apparently all the evil in the world magically stops at the borders of the US. 

"The average human follows the direction of the world. They want to hang onto believing that the food is at fault for their obesity and poor health. They want to believe that they are “saved” and a “Saint” while all the evil is outside of them—and if you listen to the news, all the evil occurs outside this country. Evil is so far away that it is on the other side of the world. People go from doctor to doctor to try to figure out why they are unhappy and sick. People do not naturally want to accept responsibility for their dismal life. The summary of this is… we are to be focusing on the content of our hearts instead of the contents of the food package."

I speak Gwen now.  She means that people have the illusion that bad things happen in far away places.  But in reality bad things happen in your heart. If you don't do what Gwen says.

Thou shalt not read the nutritional information on your groceries  because that's not very Gwen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Aww, she took down the FB live video from today. Did anyone happen to catch it? 

• Upvote 3

Gwen's live videos seem to frequently require significant editing.  It just seems sinful to edit out all of those holy and perfect words from God that his prophetess is passing onto us faithfully and without any added bigotry or historical/scientific inaccuracies! :56247983ade1d_liar1:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic