IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Most guys I’ve talk to are anti feminism. They believe in toxic femininity but not toxic masculinity. 

Really? "Most" guys you know are like this? Goodness, where are you? That sounds awful.

I'm relieved to live in a college town where most men are delightful fellow human beings to women. Some outlier assholes? Sure. But women-are-capable-and-varying-human-individuals-just-as-men-are is the normal view.

12 hours ago, EowynW said:

Did y'all see the video of Alyssa telling lori and ken? Lori looked genuinely happy I thought. 

Both look happy, but Ken comes across as being warmer, more spontaneous. We get to hear kens voice for the first time too.  Maybe it’s just video quality, but Lori looked especially frail and perhaps ill.  Even thinner than usual?

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Both look happy, but Ken comes across as being warmer, more spontaneous

Just to clarify and I hope I’m not reading too much into it, but Ken quickly comes over and hugs Alyssa and she warmly hugs him back. Lori seems happy but slowly gets up and then just stands there awkwardly in front of Alyssa for a few moments and neither one of them moves.  She just seems to have a disconnect when it comes to human emotions.

And the fact Alyssa prefaced her announcement with a disclaimer “you’re not going to be happy” because it will interfere with Lori’ Schedule. Just a bit weird. Purely speculating of course

All aboard the speculation/wishful thinking train: CHOO CHOO! 

Because the birth of Alyssa's child would interfere with Lori's holy Door County vacation, Lori will miss the birth and the first 2 months of the child's life. 

Mr. Alyssa's mom, sister, or other friend of theirs comes to help out.

Because this child has been so wanted for so long, Mr. And mrs. Alyssa are loath to leave him or her in the care of dear grammonster.

Since Mr. Alyssa clearly doesn't subscribe to his monster-in-law's modesty standards or women at home standards, we can fervently hope beyond hope that he doesn't hold to the beat the will out of your baby standards.

I read the "you're not going to be happy" comment as sarcasm.  Giving Alyssa the benefit of the doubt.  I checked out her IG page -- lots of spaghetti straps, cleavage, various body parts bared, legs and "ungodly" poses.  She looks like a dancer, who loves what she does and uses her talent.  Only one pic of Lori among all the friends and sisters, and I'm guessing SILs.  Only let Lori have supervised visitation.

I don't think that Alyssa is like Lori in practicing woo, in that Alyssa doesn't seem to be ramming it down people's throats that her way is the only way.  She seemed like a happy, well-adjusted adult, despite having Lori as a mother.

Agree, that Lori looked sick.  She looks like she is wasting away.  I don't like her disgusting views, but hate to see anyone sick. 

12 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Can someone explain the whole paying for sin throughout life thing that she and her rabid fans are going on about? I get that there are consequences to our actions/decisions but I don’t equate that with sin. 

Also- not a virgin at marriage and neither was DH. What sexual difficulties were we supposed to have? Am I not normal because I have never wondered about/cared about his past partners, and same for him? 

I can't really speak to what Lori herself might mean -- I'm sure she's expounded on it in the past, but I just don't remember. But I can speak to how I was taught, being raised in this environment. Let's say a woman had a child "out of wedlock." Her sins would be visited to, I believe, the 7th generation. So her child might suffer in an abusive marriage, and her grandchildren might turn to drugs or whatever, and so on. And then if any of those kids/grandkids "sin" in any great way, their sins will continue "visiting" on not just themselves but subsequent generations in this one horrible cycle of punishment/penitence.

It's just one big huge mind-fuck, tbh.

One benefit of Lori’s awful posts and the comments of her fans? I know how to teach my children- male and female- so they don’t get sucked into this. 

And Kenneth- you are a disgusting pig. 

Spoiler

D138E551-4555-4766-881A-2E7435C4D62B.thumb.png.e94a2282d87000610fcb9d30bbce4d6b.png

Spoiler

A926DD36-1050-41E0-A23C-9637273B0EA2.thumb.png.fa4ca97d5356ff5e5b2d6e934524afcb.png

Is Kenneth seriously, SERIOUSLY, trying to blame wives when their husbands become sexual predators/child molesters? 

That's some shit. 

On 2/16/2019 at 6:46 PM, Frog99 said:

Yes. I was just taken aback that she was as open with it as she was on a public page. But maybe I shouldn’t have been. I can’t for the life of me understand how people think that way. I wish someone would call her on it. 

I agree but Lori not only does not call out the blatant hatred and racism, she is now actively supporting it. From the link that Severene shared on today’s post: 

E0291637-F9E2-4E10-8D92-6781753B36E1.thumb.png.1d3e063da15a05ba8dc6ffb16daebe5d.png

D7DAD847-778A-4B16-A443-4B4FE4E5F598.thumb.png.747759bda41aa1f95be91bab8324c7f2.png

So the godly mentor ‘liked’ an article with the title “Want to end abortion? Easy: Revoke Women’s & Minority Voting Privileges”. Disgusting. 

OH HAIL NAW, Kenneth! Men and men alone ars responsible for their actions..PERIOD! You and your kind are disgusting pieces of shit!

10 hours ago, Petronella said:

Really? "Most" guys you know are like this? Goodness, where are you? That sounds awful.

I'm relieved to live in a college town where most men are delightful fellow human beings to women. Some outlier assholes? Sure. But women-are-capable-and-varying-human-individuals-just-as-men-are is the normal view.

None of my guy friends are that way at all. A women I knew growing up is friends with males that are anti feminist. They believe all feminism is toxic. That women are equal to men all of the time. White privilege doesn’t exist. Most women cry rape when it didn’t happen. And men are poorly treated. It’s all bullshit. Men giving an opinion about things they don’t know means nothing to me. It holds no weight. To say that women are treated equal when they aren’t means nothing. 

The comments to Lori's latest feminist and anti-working women doodle.

Many women don't have careers for social acceptance. 

M-Woman trade their opportunity and confort for social acceptance.

This was total WTF

M- promotes this so when they retire its easy for them to be euthenased as no one around to care.

Women don't want to be men.

K- Feminism can be defined more succinctly as the desire to be a man.

Lori's whole "my mom lived a life of sacrificial love" is just annoying. Many people do that, but just in different ways. I'm not bashing Lori's mom, but she just because she was SAHM doesn't mean that women who worked didn't lead lives of sacrificial love. 

2 hours ago, FloraBama said:

I agree but Lori not only does not call out the blatant hatred and racism, she is now actively supporting it. From the link that Severene shared on today’s post: 

E0291637-F9E2-4E10-8D92-6781753B36E1.thumb.png.1d3e063da15a05ba8dc6ffb16daebe5d.png

D7DAD847-778A-4B16-A443-4B4FE4E5F598.thumb.png.747759bda41aa1f95be91bab8324c7f2.png

So the godly mentor ‘liked’ an article with the title “Want to end abortion? Easy: Revoke Women’s & Minority Voting Privileges”. Disgusting. 

Yeah, go back 150 years in time when only men with property could vote, leaving the large majority of people without any political power. when women where property and your employer could cheat you out of your wages and you couldn't do anything about it. The good, old times.

4 hours ago, polecat said:

I can't really speak to what Lori herself might mean -- I'm sure she's expounded on it in the past, but I just don't remember. But I can speak to how I was taught, being raised in this environment. Let's say a woman had a child "out of wedlock." Her sins would be visited to, I believe, the 7th generation. So her child might suffer in an abusive marriage, and her grandchildren might turn to drugs or whatever, and so on. And then if any of those kids/grandkids "sin" in any great way, their sins will continue "visiting" on not just themselves but subsequent generations in this one horrible cycle of punishment/penitence.

It's just one big huge mind-fuck, tbh.

This sounds similar to what I heard growing up.  I don't think this particular idea was pushed by my parents but my family definitely preached that your behavior begat various divinely inspired consequences.  The community I grew up in was really small and tight-knit so I got various "lessons" like that throughout the day from school or friends.  

@polecat the "sexual difficulties" comes from the idea that you are bonded to the first person with whom you have sex.  Whether it's one person, one time or you stay in a physical relationship, that person will forever and ever be your first and you have made an unbreakable emotional bond.  Supposedly because you're bound to a different person, you can't get a deep, emotional connection with later partners no matter how hard you try or how long you're together.  (at least that's how it was explained to me)

ETA:  

Lori's whole "my mom lived a life of sacrificial love" is just annoying. Many people do that, but just in different ways. I'm not bashing Lori's mom, but she just because she was SAHM doesn't mean that women who worked didn't lead lives of sacrificial love.

This!  Lori won't ever admit that she was most likely miserable during that time of "sacrificial love"....thus the fighting that Lori says was so prominent.  She keeps saying women were sooooo much happier back in the day but she has no idea how many felt trapped in their roles but played them anyway.  

So according to our friend Kyle, feminists are trying to become men.... Right after Lori posted that feminists are selfish and another person said that government wants women to be feminist so they can be easily killed at the end of their life (weird conspiracy theory). Soooo Kyle, are men selfish and destined to a lonely death without family because they're seeking a career and putting it above their family? Can't have it both ways. We can't both be like men and be selfish unless you also have a low view of men. 

You know what I find funny? A large portion of these manliest or men don't use their real picture. I mean if you're so boldly proclaiming the truth as Lori does why hide? Would could be please with that cowardice? I mean at least Lori is brave (dumb?)  enough to show her face. 

On her deathbed she was surrounded by those she loved -- but Lori wasn't there.  Wasn't she still in Door County, or have I lost track of her stories.  As Judge Marilyn Milian says, you can't believe her if her tongue came notarized.

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

One benefit of Lori’s awful posts and the comments of her fans? I know how to teach my children- male and female- so they don’t get sucked into this. 

And Kenneth- you are a disgusting pig. 

Hide contents

D138E551-4555-4766-881A-2E7435C4D62B.thumb.png.e94a2282d87000610fcb9d30bbce4d6b.png

Reveal hidden contents

A926DD36-1050-41E0-A23C-9637273B0EA2.thumb.png.fa4ca97d5356ff5e5b2d6e934524afcb.png

Ugh, I hate this so much. If a person is into sexually molesting and assaulting children, no adult relationship is going to stop him or keep him from grooming and molesting children. That's my issue when people say that the Catholic sexual abuse issue would go away if the requirement for celibacy was eliminated and priests could have wives. No sexual relationship with an adult is going to satisfy a pedophile. Pedophiles want sexual contact with children. Plenty of married men are pedophiles. To blame a wife for her husband's sex crime is grotesque. 

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori's whole "my mom lived a life of sacrificial love" is just annoying. Many people do that, but just in different ways. I'm not bashing Lori's mom, but she just because she was SAHM doesn't mean that women who worked didn't lead lives of sacrificial love. 

Oh Lori's full of crap about that.  When her mom was alive Lori spoke so badly about her that two of her aunts had to step in with the rod of correction and set her straight.  Now that she's passed away all of the sudden Lori speaks of her in glowing terms.

Please. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Oh Lori's full of crap about that.  When her mom was alive Lori spoke so badly about her that two of her aunts had to step in with the rod of correction and set her straight.  Now that she's passed away all of the sudden Lori speaks of her in glowing terms.

Please. :rolleyes:

I remember that. She also bashed her dad for awhile saying that he wasn't a good leader or something. Lori is a flip flopper.

I'm surprised this comment is still up. I have the screenshot in case it gets deleted. This woman is bound to get ripped apart by Lori's more hardcore followers. She is encouraging education which Lori and her hardcore fans hate because of the ebil debt.  She is also encouraging that women work when their kids are adults and Lori seems to disagree a bit with that. 

R- So what about when the kids are all adults and no longer need their mum at home? It's so hard to get a job even with experience, let alone without education or experience. I was a stay at home mum from age 18 and now they're all adults and I am still a homemaker but would like at least a part time job to help financially. 
And what about the girls who haven't met anyone they want to be with? Are they supposed to sit around at home waiting for their future husband to come along? I completely agree with women being at home taking care of the kids, the husband and the home, but they also need to get out and do something in the meantime. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a single woman studying, working and being independent before she meets the man she wants to devote her life to.

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ugh, I hate this so much. If a person is into sexually molesting and assaulting children, no adult relationship is going to stop him or keep him from grooming and molesting children. That's my issue when people say that the Catholic sexual abuse issue would go away if the requirement for celibacy was eliminated and priests could have wives. No sexual relationship with an adult is going to satisfy a pedophile. Pedophiles want sexual contact with children. Plenty of married men are pedophiles. To blame a wife for her husband's sex crime is grotesque. 

Amen. 

Something I’ve been considering about the Roman Catholic Church’s restriction (in most cases*) to celibate men:  This restriction strongly cuts down on the number not only of candidates in general, but of desirable candidates. With vocations in decline, I suspect that seminaries are accepting guys who might have been rejected in the past. My Toastmasters chapter interacted with that of the local Catholic seminary. The guys I met there were socially awkward and seemed out of step with the realities of contemporary family life. One pastor told me that the #1 reason that the US is getting so many new priests from other countries isn’t because places like Nigeria or Korea have a wealth of priests,  it’s because priests make better money here and follow the benjamins. 

If the Church agreed to ordain women, it’d have vocations coming out its ears.

The smoke-throwing about “but what happens to the Church if a priest gets divorced?” annoys me. Other denominations seem to manage.

*Married Anglican or Episcopal priests who convert to Catholicism have been allowed to become Catholic priests while remaining married. And priests of the Eastern Rite Church, which is in communion with the Pope, are allowed to marry.

9 minutes ago, Hane said:

Amen. 

Something I’ve been considering about the Roman Catholic Church’s restriction (in most cases*) to celibate men:  This restriction strongly cuts down on the number not only of candidates in general, but of desirable candidates. With vocations in decline, I suspect that seminaries are accepting guys who might have been rejected in the past. My Toastmasters chapter interacted with that of the local Catholic seminary. The guys I met there were socially awkward and seemed out of step with the realities of contemporary family life. One pastor told me that the #1 reason that the US is getting so many new priests from other countries isn’t because places like Nigeria or Korea have a wealth of priests,  it’s because priests make better money here and follow the benjamins. 

If the Church agreed to ordain women, it’d have vocations coming out its ears.

The smoke-throwing about “but what happens to the Church if a priest gets divorced?” annoys me. Other denominations seem to manage.

*Married Anglican or Episcopal priests who convert to Catholicism have been allowed to become Catholic priests while remaining married. And priests of the Eastern Rite Church, which is in communion with the Pope, are allowed to marry.

I read the book Priestdaddy a couple of years ago. It's a memoir of a woman whose father was a Lutheran minister who converted to Catholicism, got dispensation and became a married priest. The book was also optioned as a mini-series for Hulu. 

I also hate the idea that there's this sick, predatory, manipulative man and yeah, we'll just try to fix him by sacrificing a woman to him. Ugh, no. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived