IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

Wow. The kids seem to be really sweet and yet so desperate. I really teared up when one of the boys talked about his suicidal thoughts. The feeling of being neglected must be present in a lot of the QF families we talk about here. And while there are probably some parents out there who can deal with 13 kids and meeting their needs for love and attention, I'm sure this is only a handful. This is the best advertising against collecting kids just for the sake of a number of a certain lifestyle.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Guys, this literally just came up on YouTube for me. I was not even looking for anything related to this...

The couple has 12 going on 13 kids and most of the kids feel neglected because the mother is either pregnant, nursing, or making YouTube videos and father is someone "who they don't really know" and one says "I feel like my dad is a stranger living in my house". The husband says the mom neglects the kids with her YouTube channel. The kids agree that the mom neglects them for their Youtube channel. The family's kids are having major issues. It's tragic.

Also the children have interesting names. A sister is named "Sunshine", a brother named "Iron Rod", etc...

A sister says "I don't think my parents should have children anymore and they should focus on the ones they already have." Link to another part of the same show in spoiler.

In one of the other videos at the link on the Dr. Phil website below, Dr. Phil says to the mom "I get that you always wanted to have 13 kids but was there ever a point where you said, my doing this, my being pregnant all the time, is not fair to the kids that I have?"

Dr. Phil also said "I'm going to give you a COMMON SENSE alert-- first step, get rid of homeschooling and have the kids go to public school." The mom gets MAD about it! 

Dr. Phil says "COMMON SENSE ALERT!! YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO RUN A SCHOOL! YOU'RE HAVING A THIRTEENTH CHILD! YOU DON'T HAVE THE MANPOWER!"

Link to all of the video parts here on Dr. Phil's websitehttps://www.drphil.com/shows/12-kids-one-on-the-way-and-too-many-problems/

Do we have a thread on this family???

Reveal hidden contents

I found the mom’s public YouTube channel that she creates videos on... 

She is still posting videos everyday and gave birth three days ago. She had a home birth. The baby has Downe Syndrome. 

Link below in spoiler where she is yelling about how she was portrayed on Dr. Phil:

Spoiler

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Sad 5

She is still posting videos everyday and gave birth three days ago. She had a home birth. The baby has Downe Syndrome. 

Link below in spoiler where she is yelling about how she was portrayed on Dr. Phil:

Hide contents

So she had a 13th and the child has special needs? Now she definitely won’t have any time for those poor children. What a horrible situation for those children. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

I cannot imagine posting that I "never particularly dreamed of being a mama" on the internet.  Where it is FOREVER, for her kids to read either now or later.  

"Yeah kids, I never particularly wanted you but God gave me EIGHT of you anyway and here we are!  Go clean my dishes while I take a cute picture and post about it on instagram."  

My kids have always loved me telling them the story about how when I was old enough to start dreaming of having a family someday, I always pictured and dreamed of two boys and two girls.  And that is what I had.  It makes them feel special and loved and part of something bigger.

• Upvote 8

Reveal hidden contents

A thread might need to be started about this family. I feel so sorry for those kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Re the kid named “Iron Rod”: I bet this family is Mormon. The pic of the boys in white shirts and ties (typical for Mormons on Sundays) seems to be an indicator.

Edited by Hane
Added stuff.
  • Upvote 4

There are a lot of parents who didn't dream of becoming parents or who regret parenthood. Having kids is often just presented as "something you do" as a next step in adulthood in this country both in and out of Christian circles. Most just confess anonymously online and they don't go on to have 8 kids. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

14 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Hide contents

I am more than a little concerned about the Downs Syndrome baby.  I missed the baby's gender, so I don't know if it's he or she.  But I don't see a special needs child getting any of the specific attention needed.  I would be afraid that the baby would be shunted off to the side and then she'll be pregnant again soon. She doesn't seem to take care of the children she has already, and the next one will mean even less proper attention for the special needs child.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I know we are hijacking Braggie's page with this mom (her name is also Michelle...) but I found out that she is a big fan of Jordan Page, a popular Mormon Mommy productivity and frugal advice blogger who goes on TV shows (like Rachael Ray), is young, and has 6 kids.  I'm pretty sure Michelle and Rod's family are Mormon based on watching a few of her videos (they refer to God as Heavenly Father which a lot of Mormons do, get up at 5 AM everyday to bring kids to Seminary class before school which is an LDS thing and also live in Nevada which has a lot of Mormons). Also, Michelle came from a family of 12 herself.

I am very alarmed at how desperately Michelle wants to become famous. She makes her YouTube videos with a clickbait titles and her descriptions are overly dramatic. Also, she basically films a video everyday despite her family going on Dr. Phil speaking out against it. She's clearly addicted to attention and it is so sad especially now that her newest thirteenth child has special needs. She reminds me of JRod. "Me time" is important but it does not take priority when you have 13 kids and they're telling Dr. Phil they feel neglected among other serious issues.

Although it's not in the DSM IV, I believe pregnancy addiction is a real problem and the victims are the children. Perhaps pregnancy addiction is only a symptom of being an attention-seeker (on a pathological level).

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 2/24/2019 at 7:37 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've said this before but maybe Braggie who reads here ({{waves}} Hi Braggie) will take heed this time --

Every person I know (and I know many) from a large family who spent their childhood/tween/teenage years as a brother-dad or sister-mom ending up with no children or 1 at the most.

Why? To a person they all said they'd already raised a family and didn't want to do it again. They are still more than resentful that their childhood/tween/teenage years  were spent parenting  and, thus. they were never allowed to have a normal life -- because there were always child care duties that precluded everything else.

Also, while the siblings are close, none of them are close to their parents -- because the parents didn't raise them.

But then Braggie doesn't like children anyway and doesn't want to be a mother so she may not care. Who knows about Shaun, but he appears to be as absent from parenting as she is.

I essentially raised my youngest sibling for many years and even now as she's approaching adulthood I feel a lot of responsibility to be nearby if she needs me, to hopefully have a room she can live in if she needs it, etc.

I have no kids and will have 0-2. If I have any it will be later after I've had a while kid free. I love kids, I spent many years working with them, and some of what I did for my sister (taking her to parks, hosting her birthday parties) was great and what I wanted. Other parts (refereeing fights between her and our mom, changing diapers, getting her on the bus for school every day, fighting her over brushing her hair, enforcing the rules that I think are sane, etc.) have made me resentful of my mom for not doing it herself and not loving her and my dad for spoiling her rotten.

I've seen siblings with this kind of age difference, and it seems like many with great parents were still somewhat parentified because they wanted to be. But many of them dont want kids or want to wait until they're older to have a gap between their siblings being fully independent and being tied to their own kids.

I feel a lot of guilt for moving far away for college and how much I couldn't do for my sister, but I know it was what I needed. I still feel guilt for not living close enough to see her more often and be the place she can come when home life is too much. It's hard with so many things (and has been her whole life) knowing that it shouldn't be my responsibility but if I dont do it no one will. 

Back to Braggie, I think that's why the oldest boys are so eager to help out. I think they believe it's what's best for their little siblings who they love, and they'll do what they can to help them and shelter them from their mom as needed.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 16

Braggie posted a picture on Instagram of the sister-mom reading to baby Shiloh and how her gentleness is an “encouragement and conviction” to her.

Why does Braggie continue popping out babies if she needs to be convicted by her (8?) year old daughter to be gentle with a newborn?

Also, Braggie is a fan of Gary Ezzo’s books... 

She discussed “cry it out” and sleep training in a blog post:

My response to this is to let them. I will lay them down on our guestroom bed, barricaded with pillows, or in their bassinet and let them kick and cry for a little while (no more than 10-15 minutes). I’m not talking about an all out screaming session either. Just a period where they exercise their lungs intermittently while they learn to self-soothe and calm themselves down a bit.

(I’m certainly no advocate of abandoning your baby or causing them intentional distress, but neither do I believe that you will scar your baby for life by letting her cry for a brief period).”

http://misformama.net/2015/02/a-six-time-mamas-best-tips-for-sleep-training-babies.html

Also, she elaborates on her sleep training on the comment section, “In answer to your question about your baby’s fussing raising stress hormone so that he doesn’t sleep better, I suppose this could happen, but I’ve never found this to be true with my own children. If they were fussy in the evenings but not willing to actually go to sleep, then the “crying it out period” let them get some energy out..”

WHY does this lady keep having babies?!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 5

On 2/25/2019 at 2:53 AM, luv2laugh said:

Guys, this literally just came up on YouTube for me. I was not even looking for anything related to this...

The couple has 12 going on 13 kids and most of the kids feel neglected because the mother is either pregnant, nursing, or making YouTube videos and father is someone "who they don't really know" and one says "I feel like my dad is a stranger living in my house". The husband says the mom neglects the kids with her YouTube channel. The kids agree that the mom neglects them for their Youtube channel. The family's kids are having major issues. It's tragic.

Also the children have interesting names. A sister is named "Sunshine", a brother named "Iron Rod", etc...

A sister says "I don't think my parents should have children anymore and they should focus on the ones they already have." Link to another part of the same show in spoiler.

In one of the other videos at the link on the Dr. Phil website below, Dr. Phil says to the mom "I get that you always wanted to have 13 kids but was there ever a point where you said, my doing this, my being pregnant all the time, is not fair to the kids that I have?"

Dr. Phil also said "I'm going to give you a COMMON SENSE alert-- first step, get rid of homeschooling and have the kids go to public school." The mom gets MAD about it! 

Dr. Phil says "COMMON SENSE ALERT!! YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO RUN A SCHOOL! YOU'RE HAVING A THIRTEENTH CHILD! YOU DON'T HAVE THE MANPOWER!"

Link to all of the video parts here on Dr. Phil's websitehttps://www.drphil.com/shows/12-kids-one-on-the-way-and-too-many-problems/

Do we have a thread on this family???

Reveal hidden contents

The thing that pissed me off most about those videos was how emphatically this woman is trying to make herself out to be the victim of the situation. As if her children are the ones in the wrong for expecting too much from her. And of course, she expects her children to chase her down on her terms and cater to her busy schedule. Sorry, but it isn't the child's job to wring affection and attention out of their parent. Not surprising that she's still posting youtube videos. Craving validation from strangers is something that all the moms of these mega families seem to have in common. 

I cannot muster any sympathy for the "woe is me, I'm such a good parent but I guess I'm just not perfect enough for my 13 children to be happy!" attitude. It must be so awful to feel neglected by your parents, be pushed into parenting younger siblings, and not even be able to escape to school and experience some time as a normal kid. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

It struck me that during one video, a child walked in looking for Millie and Michelle replied that she was with Dad.  

If I hadn't seen the Dr. Phil clips, I'd feel for her more. She seems genuinely worried about her daughter, despite her dubious choices like a home birth at age 47 with a child diagnosed with Down Syndrome. 

I agree with everyone that a 13th child with special needs is not going to help the dynamic of the family. However, I doubt she'll have another child since there was s 6 year gap between the 2nd youngest and Millie. Plus,, for some unknown reason, she is fixated of the number 13. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, J.O.Y.nomore said:

It struck me that during one video, a child walked in looking for Millie and Michelle replied that she was with Dad.  

If I hadn't seen the Dr. Phil clips, I'd feel for her more. She seems genuinely worried about her daughter, despite her dubious choices like a home birth at age 47 with a child diagnosed with Down Syndrome. 

I agree with everyone that a 13th child with special needs is not going to help the dynamic of the family. However, I doubt she'll have another child since there was s 6 year gap between the 2nd youngest and Millie. Plus,, for some unknown reason, she is fixated of the number 13. 

I guess it’s good that she’s likely too old to have any more kids. But still, she will ignore those children much more now that she has a child with special needs. That child will get most of her attention and the kids will have to fend for themselves. 

• I Agree 1

Should I start a new thread for her? I've been contemplating also starting a thread for Jordan Page, of FunCheaporFree as well. Michelle with the 13 kids and Jordan Page (with 6) are both Mormons and Michelle is a fan girl of her. They are Mormon but if I didn't know that, I'd think they're both fundamentalists. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Should I start a new thread for her? I've been contemplating also starting a thread for Jordan Page, of FunCheaporFree as well. Michelle with the 13 kids and Jordan Page (with 6) are both Mormons and Michelle is a fan girl of her. They are Mormon but if I didn't know that, I'd think they're both fundamentalists. 

I'd like that! I considered starting one myself, but I was unsure since I haven't started a topic for a new family before.

Edited by J.O.Y.nomore

Just now, J.O.Y.nomore said:

I'd like that! I considered starting on myself, but I was unsure since I haven't started a topic for a new family before.

I made a new thread on Michelle of GOTKiDZ YouTube in Quiverfull of Snark. One day, I hope someone makes one on Jordan Page otherwise I'll eventually do it...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

My response to this is to let them. I will lay them down on our guestroom bed, barricaded with pillows, or in their bassinet and let them kick and cry for a little while (no more than 10-15 minutes). I’m not talking about an all out screaming session either. Just a period where they exercise their lungs intermittently while they learn to self-soothe and calm themselves down a bit.

Having a baby sleep unattended on an adult bed barricaded with pillows?

Between this and having her kids sleep in rooms with no points of egress on the second floor of the house (massive danger if there's a fire), is she TRYING to kill them? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 2/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, luv2laugh said:

Braggie posted a picture on Instagram of the sister-mom reading to baby Shiloh and how her gentleness is an “encouragement and conviction” to her.

Why does Braggie continue popping out babies if she needs to be convicted by her (8?) year old daughter to be gentle with a newborn?

Also, Braggie is a fan of Gary Ezzo’s books... 

She discussed “cry it out” and sleep training in a blog post:

(I’m certainly no advocate of abandoning your baby or causing them intentional distress, but neither do I believe that you will scar your baby for life by letting her cry for a brief period).”

http://misformama.net/2015/02/a-six-time-mamas-best-tips-for-sleep-training-babies.html

Also, she elaborates on her sleep training on the comment section, “In answer to your question about your baby’s fussing raising stress hormone so that he doesn’t sleep better, I suppose this could happen, but I’ve never found this to be true with my own children. If they were fussy in the evenings but not willing to actually go to sleep, then the “crying it out period” let them get some energy out..”

WHY does this lady keep having babies?!

And while she tries to portray herself, her home and her family as something shiny, beautiful and wholesome, this post shows what's really going on in her perfectly decorated house: babies crying their heart and lungs out, older brothers who are forced to parent their younger siblings, little girls who do anything to get their mother's attention. But hey - at least her IG looks perfect.

• Upvote 10

Abby is doing a house tour in her instagram

stories! Bring on the popcorn. 

First thoughts: not sure a vintage piano next to a frequently opened front door is the best idea if you want your piano to stay in tune. 

• Upvote 4

Guess who helped Braggie wallpaper her closet (and she has to add that she did it until 12 AM)? Ezra. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

35 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Guess who helped Braggie wallpaper her closet (and she has to add that she did it until 12 AM)? Ezra. 

That’s weird. Call a friend over to help. 

• I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Or don’t wallpaper your closet at all? Because it’s a fucking closet. 

I hate myself for loving the wallpaper she chose. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Shiny said:

Where was lazy Shaun? Braggie is a jerk to make Ezra be the daddy.

Why wallpaper a closet? Can’t she spend her time actually being productive?

Good luck re-doing it in two years when it’s out of style, Abbie (and almost every fad in your house).

Read her comments. I love how she takes credit for vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the house (we ALL know your kids did it while you sat on your butt planning your next DIY project).

Did your children also “volunteer” to host the women’s retreat? They performed all of the work in preparation for the church party.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3

• Georgiana locked this topic