IGNORED

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Jellybean

Babies and buzz cuts...my youngest was born with a full head of hair (and needed a haircut even then). I dealt with it for awhile but he would get food, drool, etc in his hair and I'd be washing his hair (with attendant shit-fits) a few times every day. Once he could sit up well, the clippers got laid up against his head and the hair got buzzed off. He was probably 6-7 months old. I was done dealing with it. Don't like it? Too bad, you're not the one who was constantly washing a squirmy, unhappy baby's hair. It had no ill effects on him. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Babies and buzz cuts...my youngest was born with a full head of hair (and needed a haircut even then). I dealt with it for awhile but he would get food, drool, etc in his hair and I'd be washing his hair (with attendant shit-fits) a few times every day. Once he could sit up well, the clippers got laid up against his head and the hair got buzzed off. He was probably 6-7 months old. I was done dealing with it. Don't like it? Too bad, you're not the one who was constantly washing a squirmy, unhappy baby's hair. It had no ill effects on him. 

That's a legitimate hair cut. As in, your baby had long hair that was getting in the way and needed it cut. I think it's so weird when people cut baby hair for cosmetic reasons because it's not "even" all over their head. 

• I Agree 7

The lady who cuts my hair told me that she trimmed her son’s hair after his birth, in the hospital. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

I love that baby's little wig! Haha!

Baby Nova was born with a full head of pitch black hair that stuck straight up. She looked like she put her finger in a light socket. It stayed that way for months and was so slick that it wouldn't hold a clip. I just let her rock it. She grew up to have an amazing quantity of gorgeous curly black hair. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

I love that baby's little wig! Haha!

Baby Nova was born with a full head of pitch black hair that stuck straight up. She looked like she put her finger in a light socket. It stayed that way for months and was so slick that it wouldn't hold a clip. I just let her rock it. She grew up to have an amazing quantity of gorgeous curly black hair. 

My cousin had hair just like that when she was a baby. Troll Dolls were big at the time and we always said she looked like a troll doll.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

My baby was born with a full head of thick black hair (common in my family). My redheaded German landlady, mother of blonds and redheads (and known far and wide for saying exactly what was on her mind, damn the consequences), visited me and my baby in the hospital and proclaimed, “That’s all going to fall out, you know.”  It didn’t—in fact, my daughter’s dark brown toddler hair grew in among it. Hard to describe, but not unlike the fur of a Peke or other double-pelted dog.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Hane said:

My baby was born with a full head of thick black hair (common in my family). My redheaded German landlady, mother of blonds and redheads (and known far and wide for saying exactly what was on her mind, damn the consequences), visited me and my baby in the hospital and proclaimed, “That’s all going to fall out, you know.”  It didn’t—in fact, my daughter’s dark brown toddler hair grew in among it. Hard to describe, but not unlike the fur of a Peke or other double-pelted dog.

My niece was born with a lot of dark hair. It didn’t fall out though. I suppose a tiny bit may have fallen out. But It just kept getting lighter and lighter and lighter as it grew. And all the new growth grew in blonde. So she was never bald. She’s a blonde now. She’s been a blonde since she was a toddler. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My niece was born with a lot of dark hair. It didn’t fall out though. I suppose a tiny bit may have fallen out. But It just kept getting lighter and lighter and lighter as it grew. And all the new growth grew in blonde. So she was never bald. She’s a blonde now. She’s been a blonde since she was a toddler. 

My oldest granddaughter was the same. She was born with dark brown hair. As it grew it got lighter and lighter. It was kinda funny because the ends of her hair were dark brown where the rest of her hair was a dark blonde. 

• Upvote 2

I was bold for the first year of my life and my mother was really afraid that my hair would never start growing. I eventually got thick, dark brown hair. When I was a toddler I even had curls. Lost them unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

I loved how bald my older son was. He had such a shiny soft head. My younger son was born with a natural mohawk that lasted a long time. He only had blonde hair right on top and it stuck up all the time. He looked just like Jack Jack from The Incredibles. Along with the big blue eyes and ears that stick out a bit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic