IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

IMO there won't be any Dillard babies for a while. Dwreck is studying, they can't have very much spare cash, are living in a small apartment, Jill doesn't have easy births also Dwreck doesn't like having to pay any thing for their  babies to be born in hospital/any Nicu stays etc. 

They may prove me wrong.

I’m wondering if Jill can have more kids. We aren’t for sure what happened with Sam’s birth and it could explain a lot with some of the crazy behavior. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I’m wondering if Jill can have more kids. We aren’t for sure what happened with Sam’s birth and it could explain a lot with some of the crazy behavior. 

Like what? I stopped following them for awhile.

34 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I feel like if she *couldn't* have more kids they'd be playing that up huge for a martyr complex or they'd be pushing adoption. I really think Sam's NICU stay was more along the lines of Jill fucking up during labor and less about her getting a hysterectomy or something of the sort. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel like if she *couldn't* have more kids they'd be playing that up huge for a martyr complex or they'd be pushing adoption. I really think Sam's NICU stay was more along the lines of Jill fucking up during labor and less about her getting a hysterectomy or something of the sort. 

you mean she stayed home longer than last time before going to the hospital? 

or something like eating cod liver oil after the midwife told her not to. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I do wonder if they weren't seriously reprimanded for their ignorance, and had threats of CPS coming in to monitor the children because of her willful ignorance in not getting proper prenatal care and risking a home VBAC with out ANY medical supervision. Sorry, not sorry, that "midwife" is nothing more than a woman whose attended a lot of births. 

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

feel like if she *couldn't* have more kids they'd be playing that up huge for a martyr complex or they'd be pushing adoption.

I agree that they would have made a public statement, to avoid questions about their extremely low number of blessings. 

55 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

People have mentioned this before, but I think it’s unlikely. Both for the reasons mentioned by @HarleyQuinn and @Melissa1977, but also because Derick was tweeting about how two kids were for quitters shortly after Sam’s birth. He’s not a bright guy, but I think it’d even be stupid by the Derick standard to tweet about that if your wife just found out she’s no longer able to have children. 

If anyone is still questioning how Jill is handling the this she slapped on her own mustard cardigan and went live on IG for attention no reason. :pb_lol: 

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don’t know that they would say anything if she couldn’t have any more kids. They are raised that their purpose as a woman is to serve your husband & have lots of babies, and a large quiver is your blessing. I imagine it would bring shame or guilt if someone raised quiverful was unable to have kids or only able to have a few, as awful as that sounds. I think they would just quietly start pursuing adoption or fostering or something.

Completely agree that the NICU stay was likely based on her thinking laboring for 134983 hours at home was a good idea. I don’t think they are done having kids, but i’m hopeful that law school will slow down the baby train for a while.

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I don't think there's any competition between Jessa and Jill.  If there was before, I'd say Jessa won it hands down, game over.  Jessa and Ben, IMO, present an appealing public image and have proven themselves to be adaptable while Jill and Derick seem to have accomplished the opposite.  I can't imagine Jill ever being particularly interesting or Derick not being annoying.  And they're off the show.

I don’t think I’d give the Seewalds too many additional points for adaptability, as they haven’t really done much beyond shutting their mouths and locking down their social media accounts. They are a far more socially aware and media savvy couple and because of this, they still have the easy TV money rolling in. I think the Dillards are stressed because they do not have the ability to shut up and go with the flow; fake it until you make it, if you will.

Common sense and self awareness are soft skills that go a long way. One couple has those, the other does not.

*still HP thread drift*

I agree the -us -us endings of Albus Severus is unfortunate. But mostly, I felt like loading the next generation down with such meaningful and heavy namesakes was wrong to do. Harry and Neville and Ron specifically struggled to define themselves in the shadow of their families. Harry was famous because of his parent's sacrifice and people were always telling him how he was like one or the other, pre-judging who he would be. Neville was stuck using his father's wand for years as if that would keep his father's legacy alive. Ron was always struggling to define himself as an individual in the Weasley family and not live in the shadow of all the brothers before him.

Snape and Voldemort had similar struggles with the names they were born with and trying to cast off how that defined them.

So mostly, I wish the next gen got their own, totally unique first names. They already carry last names with a lot of baggage, why should they be loaded down with first names with so many emotions tied up in them?

Basically, Harry, deal with your emotional turmoil in therapy, don't just foist all your loss onto your children with such heavy names. At least save that ish for a middle name only!

Annnnndddd more HP for just a sec, feel free to scroll on.

I may have spent too much time thinking about this without consulting other fans, but is there no chance Luna was a reference to both their friend and Remus ‘Moony’ Lupin? I thought that explained why she got a bit of a leg up over the other friends, it had a double meaning for them. I have no evidence for this, it’s just what I’ve always thought after reading everything a few times. 

Also a random thought on Snape treating the students like crap. Even though he favored Slytherin, they were also afraid of him in certain regards, making me think he was an ass to them in private more than public. I’ve always thought a lot of his animosity stemmed from hating being trapped at Hogwarts, a place he had nothing but negative memories of, but was forced to stay and work at out of fear of Voldy reprisals. Unlike Riddle and Harry, Hogwarts was not an escape for Snape. He didn’t have friends, was tormented and bullied, and was separated from his only friend from the outside world. I can see him hating everything about the place because it and the students it contained were constant reminders of everything that caused him pain. 

Thanks for the HP drift!

I sometimes feel so badly for Jill, she really got the fuzzy end of the lollipop with Derick, she's been alienated from her family because of this jackass, it seems she has no friends, limited contact with her siblings, a husband who only cares about himself, no show, no job, she can't even do her "midwifery" (which isn't a bad thing for the safety of others but she did enjoy doing it) anymore. We only occasionally see her with Joy or Justin, she's at the TTH for special events but doesn't seem to be there daily like Jessa is, or as frequent as Joy or have the circle of friends Jessa & Joy do, I'm not sure what Joy does all day, but it seems she works with Austin a lot, or at Fort Rock, she's close by but seems to be adapting nicely into the Forsyth family, marriage and motherhood after a rough start. I don't think Jill has ever gotten past that rough start she's caught in a circle of crap brought on by her idiot husband and her inability to stand up for herself.  

Then other times, I think Jill is a flipping moron, and if she had 1/2 a brain in her head, she'd dump the bum and tell her parents to shove their cult up their ass. 

I don't think Jill and Derick have been told not have anymore kids or that they can't have them but I do think they have been advised to wait a couple of years before getting pregnant.

If Jill was in established labour for hours and was attempting to have a VBAC at home without proper medical assistance then her and Derick absolutely deserve a repremand for it. They never revealed much about Sam's birth other than she laboured at home then needed a c section and that Sam was in the NICU, we don't know if she was established labour at home or not and if her and Sam were at risk, while the lack of details leads me to believe they did attempt another home birth and they needed to go the hospital due to an emergency.

I hope no complications happen for Jessa and Ben this time around either.

It has just come to my awareness that my 4 YO GD is a Harry Potter aficionado. She has seen all of the older shows and can talk all things HP. Does HP generally attract such young kids? I have tried with HP, both the books and the movie(s) and it just isn’t my genre. 

I'm sure Jill & Derick can still have more kids. But likely they'v been told "you need to have prenatal care, you need to see a doctor regularly when pregnant, you might never be able to have a VBAC now that you've had two c-sections. And every baby after this should be delivered in a hospital to avoid these emergency scenes". I think being told no VBAC could be enough to devastate what is clearly a fragile, hippie Jill. 

Jill has made many poor decisions during her two pregnancies which have led her to two emergency c-section deliveries (if memory serves me correctly). Those decisions seem to stem from her hippie desire/conviction that having babies is some sort of natural thing that requires no attention. A false conviction that if you are the good child, God will bless you with zero complications. A seeming lack of prenatal care. And finally (I said this in another thread several months ago) I think that these Duggar girls develop gestational diabetes during their pregnancies and, because they are not getting proper prenatal care, they are having these huge babies, still convinced they can deliver at home like the olden days they romanticize (and bc they don't have a good education, complete lack of knowledge about women dying in childbirth at a much higher rate in those romantic olden times), then they end up in an emergency situation for delivery. IF they have GD and proper care, they can control their health and the size of the baby and still have a vaginal delivery--I know because I had GD with mine and three vaginal deliveries, no crises. But one would have to face the reality that pregnancy requires some medical supervision, that doctors know more than graduates of the SOTDRT, and God isn't punishing or rewarding you by the path your pregnancy takes. 

Love the Harry Potter thread drift - that series is my jam. As much as I despise the names for the Potter children and the epilogue in general, I had read once that it was one of the first things JK Rowling wrote for the series, and kept it over the years and wanted to stay true to the original vision and used it. It makes sense, because even the writing was poorer quality. You can really see the strength and growth of her writing over the series, and then bam! You're hit with the epilogue and you're like "...." So, I definitely believe the epilogue was something she created in the beginning, and while the characters evolved in ways that she didn't necessarily plan for, she stuck to her dreams and used the terrible names, even though it didn't resonate the same as it would have in the beginning for her. One thing I've learned about JK Rowling over the years is that she's stubborn, ha. 

I definitely don't think that Jill can't have any more children - Derick is bat shit crazy, but he does seem to care for his wife on the basic of levels, and I don't think he'd be so cruel to mock her to the world regarding that issue. I definitely think they will have more children, but I think they will try their best to wait until Sam is 2-3 so they can really maximize their chances of a VBAC. However, Jill's dreams of having a large family have definitely died, and I think that's been hard to reconcile with, which is fair, regardless of how you feel about Jill. 

I don't think Jessa cares about having a girl as much as people think she does. 

I also think JoKen will announce next - I'm surprised they haven't already, tbh. She had an easy pregnancy and an easy birth - I was expecting them to pull a Blessa and be pregnant and announced before Garrett is one. I mean, we will have time since he won't be one until June, but I genuinely expected them to be the first to announce a pregnancy. 

@Glasgowghirl I don't remember them ever confirming that she labored at home (not that that's an unreasonable assumption to make.) I only recall Derick commenting that she ended up with a c-section after 40 hrs of labor.

Derick responded to someone on Twitter (I think) a while back asking if Jill had a hysterectomy and couldn't have anymore kids, and he said no, that's wasn't true, and he had no idea how that rumour got started. 

He could be straight up lying, but I seriously doubt it. I think she can and will have more kids. But since Derick is the headship, he gets to decide how (or if) they space them.

Baby time!

And it shocked me to, once again, learn that Jessa's my age. Sheesh, I've known that for years! But it just creates this... weird feeling. I really, truly dreamt of having kids at a "younger age" and hell, I ain't even married (though my boyfriend did just ask me rather bluntly when I think it's ok to propose :pb_eek:)! So I guess right now I'm satisfied with following people that are my age and already have a kid or a few. :P

35 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

fuzzy end of the lollipop

This is my favourite phrase now. I'm going to try to use it in every day conversation.  Rufus bless. 

I just want to know why Harry didn't name a child Arthur Remus Hagrid, because those three were more of a father than any of the others.... but that's none of my business...

I always feel like Hagrid gets the short end of the stick when it comes to talking about Harry’s father figures . Nobody ever brings him into the conversation even though he was there from the beginning .

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived