IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If its a girl they will name her America.  If its a boy they will name him Donald.

America Seewald is actually a cute name: Change My Mind.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I mean, they went shopping and bought a bunch of clothes and were posing to promote Amy's store. So that probably explains holding giant shopping bags.

The bags also looked really washed out in the photo, so maybe they were trying to show off the logo and the photo didn't go well? Also, count me in as one of the people who thought she didn't look pregnant from the photos trying on clothes, but that goes to show that guessing from pictures is a crapshoot.

Sorry not sorry, but I've come to derail the first new pregnancy thread with unrelated bullshit.

Albus Severus is not a bad name. There I said it.

Why you ask? Well, look at the wizarding world, which is essentially a bunch of fundementalists who eschew modern technology, pop culture, and the outside world. Latin names, myth names, and random sound names are popular with wizards. Sprinkled across the series are names like Remus, Minerva, Draco, Narcissa, Walpurga, Sirius, Regulus, Filius, Nymphadora, Fenrir, Amycus, Aberforth, Bilius, Bellatrix, Abraxas,  Scorpius, Gilderoy, Porpentina, Morfin, Marvolo, Andromeda. I could go on, but I won't.

Albus Severus fits right in. 

Besides, it's not like people are calling him Albus Severus. It's his middle name. Most people will know him as Albus--a short and easy to pronounce name that is probably popular in Albus's generation since Dumbledore is considered one of the greatest wizards to ever live. He'll fit right in. 

Plus, think of the nickname potential. Al, Allie, Alby--adorable! 

In conclusion, there's nothing wrong with that name in the HP world. Thank you for reading my warranted and in no way pointless essay. 

1 minute ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

America Seewald is actually a cute name: Change My Mind.

A lifetime of lame "patriotic" puns and jokes about her name that everyone thinks are so original and hi-fucking-larious. I bet the actress America Ferrera started to think the magazine articles and tabloid captions about her titled "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL" got really old after the 5000th time she saw them. Not to mention wack jokes about "Israel-America relations" whenever they hypothetical America Seewald plays with her older cousin. 

Since the ignorant speculation train is chugging along over on Reddit, but I don't post there, I'll just post it here: people are offended that Jessa made that snarky 'thanks, I didn't know I was pregnant' comment on Instagram back in late August, and now she's pregnant, so she must have been lying.

Except that a late spring due date would mean that she most likely wasn't even pregnant at that point, or if she was, she probably didn't know yet. 

I'm not saying that Jessa is a saint who never lies about anything, but jfc people, at least do some basic arithmetic before you come out swinging.

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

and Oliver Douglass (Or reverse) for a son.

You mean like the character from Green Acres? That would be great!

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Since the ignorant speculation train is chugging along over on Reddit, but I don't post there, I'll just post it here: people are offended that Jessa made that snarky 'thanks, I didn't know I was pregnant' comment on Instagram back in late August, and now she's pregnant, so she must have been lying.

Except that a late spring due date would mean that she most likely wasn't even pregnant at that point, or if she was, she probably didn't know yet. 

I'm not saying that Jessa is a saint who never lies about anything, but jfc people, at least do some basic arithmetic before you come out swinging.

Exactly, if she was pregnant then, she was probably only just pregnant and didn't yet know. I personally wouldn't care if Jessa or any of the other Duggar women did fib about being pregnant before they felt ready to share it with everyone.

27 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Not to mention wack jokes about "Israel-America relations" whenever they hypothetical America Seewald plays with her older cousin. 

I forgot about him. Point taken.

26 minutes ago, BernRul said:

Sorry not sorry, but I've come to derail the first new pregnancy thread with unrelated bullshit.

Albus Severus is not a bad name. There I said it.

Why you ask? Well, look at the wizarding world, which is essentially a bunch of fundementalists who eschew modern technology, pop culture, and the outside world. Latin names, myth names, and random sound names are popular with wizards. Sprinkled across the series are names like Remus, Minerva, Draco, Narcissa, Walpurga, Sirius, Regulus, Filius, Nymphadora, Fenrir, Amycus, Aberforth, Bilius, Bellatrix, Abraxas,  Scorpius, Gilderoy, Porpentina, Morfin, Marvolo, Andromeda. I could go on, but I won't.

Albus Severus fits right in. 

Besides, it's not like people are calling him Albus Severus. It's his middle name. Most people will know him as Albus--a short and easy to pronounce name that is probably popular in Albus's generation since Dumbledore is considered one of the greatest wizards to ever live. He'll fit right in. 

Plus, think of the nickname potential. Al, Allie, Alby--adorable! 

In conclusion, there's nothing wrong with that name in the HP world. Thank you for reading my warranted and in no way pointless essay. 

Not to mention that all three Potter kids were named for people important to their parents:

James Sirius - Harry’s father, Harry’s middle name, and Harry’s Godfather.

Albus Severus - Harry’s mentor and the man who grudgingly lived and died protecting Harry.

Lily Luna - Harry’s mom and Luna Lovegood. 

I kind of like that they named their kids like that. Then again, we did the same with our baby names. So I might be completely biased in their favor. 

My only opposition to Albus Severus is the fact that, while he did do his best to protect Harry (and the other students in book seven) throughout the books, Snape was also abusive towards his students. Especially towards Harry. And his fixation on Harry’s dead mother is in no way healthy. I would have rather seen them use Arthur (for Ginny’s father), Rubeus (for Hagrid), whatever Fred’s middle name was, Neville (a good friend of both Harry and Ginny), or Remus/John (for Lupin.) 

22 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why do you say that?

I think Joy had the same issue Jill did, she was sad over needing a c/section, making her recovery much longer and much more expensive. Also I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have some PPD, which is very normal, but sadly very ignored in fundy land. 

Her adjustment to motherhood wasn't as smooth as Jessa and Jinger seemed to be.  Like Jill she got off to a rocky start, but unlike Jill seems to have found her groove.  From personal experience, my 1st birth was similar to Joy's, only I had prenatal care and labored at the hospital for 22 hours vs at home before my c/section.  I had a hard time accepting that I didn't get my natural child birth, I also had PPD, and a really hard time adjusting to motherhood but by the time #2 came along I was a pro and luckily didn't have any PPD, and had come to terms with c/section deliveries. 

I wonder if Jessa will try another home birth, or if she will consider a birthing center or hospital. Jinger has had the best birth experience out of all the sisters (from what I can tell), so maybe Jessa will emulate her. 

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not to mention that all three Potter kids were named for people important to their parents:

Albus Severus - Harry’s mentor and the man who grudgingly lived and died protecting Harry.

I kind of like that they named their kids like that. Then again, we did the same with our baby names. So I might be completely biased in their favor. 

My only opposition to Albus Severus is the fact that, while he did do his best to protect Harry (and the other students in book seven) throughout the books, Snape was also abusive towards his students. Especially towards Harry. And his fixation on Harry’s dead mother is in no way healthy. I would have rather seen them use Arthur (for Ginny’s father), Rubeus (for Hagrid), whatever Fred’s middle name was, Neville (a good friend of both Harry and Ginny), or Remus/John (for Lupin.) 

I kinda wished Harry gave Albus the middle name Lupin or Remus after Remus Lupin, especially since James has the middle name Sirius and that way they could match. As well as Lupin was always one of my favorite characters in the series. I've always been Team Snape Was A Villian so any other middle name could have worked for Albus in my mind. 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Absolutely agree with your assessment of Snape. I recently re-read all the books and went on many rants to roommate about how shitty Snape was. Like, he spent most of the series abusing a child for the actions of a man he has no memory of. 

I think I would've preferred Arthur to feel like Ginny was more involved in naming the children.

Also part of me wants to name a future child Neville because he's my favorite character. Hopefully I can find a spouse who's on board lol.

Tangentially related: I also recently saw the first fantastic beasts movie, and I'm really bothered by the name MACUSA. That doesn't sound like a US governing body to me. Something like MACOTUS might make sense (like POTUS or SCOTUS), or my friend suggested the North American Federation of Wizards since it apparently predates the US (which makes the name make even less sense).

18 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought I was alone in finding the Harry Potter's kids' names nice and fitting! Except Albus Severus for that exact reason. I like to think another grand-Weasley has the middle name "Arthur", and Teddy has "Remus", but Albus could have been paired with many other meaningful middle names..... lol

1 hour ago, GnomeCat said:

Someone I went to high school with named their 9th baby (first girl after 5 boys) and she picked that name. I seriously almost spit my drink out when she announced. They are getting ready to have their 10th baby and they definitely do not qualify as fundie.

Sounds like the moms of these two are similar. The one here is on baby number 5 or 6 now. 

The day I am in art classes and Jessa decides to tell the world she is preggers...do we know when little bae seewald is due? April ish - which means conception when September ish

I predict a boy 11 pounds, Rudolph Adah Seewald

At home birth 

Jill be must be SEETHING :D

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Henry was the last baby born before I started trying to conceive. So this will be the sixth baby born since we started trying.

If you want to join us in the TTC club, we are more than happy to lend a shoulder to cry on or sympathize with the conflicting feelings you get when dealing with the rollercoaster. I hope things change for you soon.

ETA - whoops, I'm sorry. I see you are there. That doesn't change the invitation to vent or whatever you need to do, whenever. Dugger announcements really tend to make me stabby, that's for sure.

Henry's face in that announcement picture pretty much sums up my feelings towards this pregnancy, but I hope she has a safe delivery and a healthy baby. I am curious what the newest little Seewald will be named though.

Wow! I'm not surprised Jessa was the one to break the Duggar silence on babies. I thought she was going to announce around this time last year, really! 

so new questions abound

will we get an another episode of house hunting? 

we will get another people spread about the pregnancy -  i doubt it. 

Will they ever adopt? 

Blessed Rufus 

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

No, no, they said they still have a heart for adoption. While doing nothing to actually, you know, adopt. 

I have a heart to going to Nantucket this week - doesn't mean i can go :D

can and want and do are three different things. 

I don’t have anything to add to the baby excitement, but I am tickled that Jessa continues to wear muster colored clothing.

My Harry Potter peeps, I ❤️ you so hard right now.  

37 minutes ago, roadkill_deity said:

I wonder if Jessa will try another home birth, or if she will consider a birthing center or hospital. Jinger has had the best birth experience out of all the sisters (from what I can tell), so maybe Jessa will emulate her. 

I applaud Jessa for making the connection between prenatal diet or consumption and birth size, and most probably ease of delivery. She made some adjustments and had an easier second birth which was likely aided by Henry weighing a pound less than SES ( and of course, a previously navigated birth canal). I hope that she does what ever she needs to do this time to ensure a similar delivery and positive outcome. I hope all the Duggars learned something from Jinger and Kendra’s experiences.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived