IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The speculation on Jill being livid (which I subscribe to) is based on the fact that she consistantly acts jealous and/or bitter on social media and it did seem like she tried to race Jessa in everything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure if Jessa has a girl it will be worse.

See she’s already cashing in on her sisters pregnancy, a congratulations post, no doubt shes sulking in the prayer room, derdick will be slamming doors.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I think I've talked about this one before, but my former co-worker named her daughter Enara.  Now, I dislike Joss Whedon and all his works (no particular reason or criticism, I just cannot get into ANYTHING he's done and I've tried multiple times), but even I think of the character from Firefly/Serenity when I hear that name.  

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Gee, Enara is a name too.  Maybe she wasn't named after the show."  Ok, I feel you.  But I KNOW her mother has seen the show, and can you guess the child's middle name?  

Serenity.   This was not an accident.  

My friend had 40 weeks and she couldn't find the .44 seconds it took to do this before filling out the birth certificate:

image.thumb.png.6d15543f0785bee61dd667b77c637dfe.png

Yes, Google, yes she did.  

Wait, Enara is an actual girl's name?  That's the name of the weight-loss clinic I go to ;-).  Too funny.  

1 minute ago, kiwi said:

See she’s already cashing in on her sisters pregnancy, a congratulations post, no doubt shes sulking in the prayer room, derdick will be slamming doors.

... her post includes a link to the Seewalds’ website. How is she cashing in?

15 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

IDK, a lot of people have messed up childhoods and still end up being better adults than Snape was. I think the fact that he was a death eater and that is the wizard world version of being a Nazi and add the fact that he was Neville's boggart in the third book makes it easier for me to not feel bad for him. 

I think that's the beauty of Snape.  He WAS a Wizard Nazi, which is terrible, but he did turn before the fall when it was incredibly dangerous for him to do so and became the resistance's ONLY inside informant: an incredibly dangerous role he undertook at his own peril and which very tangibly allowed lives to be saved and fostered Voldemort's eventual downfall.  He made a VERY bad choice to sign up, but to his credit he realizes it and spends his life bravely working to undo the damage he did with his poor choice.  It's also implied he signed up to be a Death Eater immediately after (and perhaps unofficially even before) leaving school, so it's a mistake he made at 17-18 that he later comes to regret and actively work to reverse as a more mature man.  

He terrorized Neville, who was a child, when he was an adult, which is indefensible.  However, during this same time he also worked tirelessly to protect the students at large from becoming collateral damage in Voldemort's schemes.  As headmaster, he also directly intervened with Voldemort's agents to spare students from harsh punishments that may have amounted to literal torture.  In his personal interactions, his conduct was inexcusable.  But overall, his conduct towards the students of the school was commendable and protective.

He hated Harry's father, but as we learn, that hate was very justified.  James was an asshat, and if someone had immobilized me and publicly disrobed me in front of the entire school when I was a teen uncomfortable with my body, I'd hate them for life too.  James did some pretty messed up shit.  Snape clearly has trauma from that, and remember that Harry is described as being the spitting image of James at his age.  So Snape, when dealing with Harry, was forced to look at the very image of his assailant as his assailant was when he tortured Snape.  Should he have risen above it?  Yes.  And occasionally he did so, such as when he sought to protect Harry, Hermione, and Ron from werewolf Remus by putting himself in harm's way.  But he did not always do so, and for that he deserves criticism.

Snape, I think, is simply complex.  He displays the most petty, cowardly, and mean behavior we see from any adult in the series.  At the same time, he also displays some of the bravest and most selfless behavior we see, and he does so consistently and over an extended period of time.  

He is neither good nor bad.  He's simply human: able to overcome his traumatic past in some ways but not others.  

HARRY POTTER THREAD DRIFT?? ?

I have no real opinion on Albus Severus. I could see James Sirius a mile off, though.  Lily was also pretty obvious for his daughter’s name, and I liked that they included Luna in her name. 

I tend to not say anything about Snape. The Potterhead fandom can get VERY heated about him, and I tend to stay out of that kind of thing.

Also, to whoever mentioned it, disgust is not a downvote. It was originally, but Curious changed it to neutral. 

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

... her post includes a link to the Seewalds’ website. How is she cashing in?

She put the link in a place where no one can click on it. lol

@ViolaSebastian And don't forger Isroool's announcement where she had her fingernails painted bright pink. I think that's what she was hoping for there as well. 

44 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I think that's the beauty of Snape.  He WAS a Wizard Nazi, which is terrible, but he did turn before the fall when it was incredibly dangerous for him to do so and became the resistance's ONLY inside informant: an incredibly dangerous role he undertook at his own peril and which very tangibly allowed lives to be saved and fostered Voldemort's eventual downfall.  He made a VERY bad choice to sign up, but to his credit he realizes it and spends his life bravely working to undo the damage he did with his poor choice.  It's also implied he signed up to be a Death Eater immediately after (and perhaps unofficially even before) leaving school, so it's a mistake he made at 17-18 that he later comes to regret and actively work to reverse as a more mature man.  

He terrorized Neville, who was a child, when he was an adult, which is indefensible.  However, during this same time he also worked tirelessly to protect the students at large from becoming collateral damage in Voldemort's schemes.  As headmaster, he also directly intervened with Voldemort's agents to spare students from harsh punishments that may have amounted to literal torture.  In his personal interactions, his conduct was inexcusable.  But overall, his conduct towards the students of the school was commendable and protective.

He hated Harry's father, but as we learn, that hate was very justified.  James was an asshat, and if someone had immobilized me and publicly disrobed me in front of the entire school when I was a teen uncomfortable with my body, I'd hate them for life too.  James did some pretty messed up shit.  Snape clearly has trauma from that, and remember that Harry is described as being the spitting image of James at his age.  So Snape, when dealing with Harry, was forced to look at the very image of his assailant as his assailant was when he tortured Snape.  Should he have risen above it?  Yes.  And occasionally he did so, such as when he sought to protect Harry, Hermione, and Ron from werewolf Remus by putting himself in harm's way.  But he did not always do so, and for that he deserves criticism.

Snape, I think, is simply complex.  He displays the most petty, cowardly, and mean behavior we see from any adult in the series.  At the same time, he also displays some of the bravest and most selfless behavior we see, and he does so consistently and over an extended period of time.  

He is neither good nor bad.  He's simply human: able to overcome his traumatic past in some ways but not others.  

I’d say the Dursley’s definitely give Snape a run for his money on the mean and petty behavior towards children. Petunia and Vernon abused and terrorized Harry for his entire childhood out of a hatred of anything not “normal” (Vernon) and out of a long term jealousy towards Lily for having magical abilities (Petunia.) 

I do think that the dynamics between Harry and Dudley kind of mirror those between Snape and James in some ways. Both James and Dudley were the wellbeloved only sons of doting parents, while Snape and Harry were neglected and abused by their parents/guardians. Both Snape and Harry were tormented and bullied by James and Dudley throughout their childhoods. A traumatic incident (James saving Snape’s life and Harry saving Dudley from the Dementors) altered the dynamics of those relationships - Dudley starts trying to be kinder to Harry and Snape feels he owes a debt to James, which ultimately leads him to help protect Harry when he heads to Hogwarts. It’s an interesting dichotomy to me that Snape allowed himself to be consumed by his hatred and resentment of James, while Harry chose not to do the same with Dudley.  

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She put the link in a place where no one can click on it. lol

She also put it in her Stories though and you can access the Seewalds’ website directly through it. It’s also easy enough to copy and paste the link in the post if you’re on a computer. Or you can simply do a google search for the Seewald website. 

I’d consider it as “cashing in” if she linked to a congratulatory video or post on their own website, but they don’t seem to have done that this time.

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

@ViolaSebastian And don't forger Isroool's announcement where she had her fingernails painted bright pink. I think that's what she was hoping for there as well. 

OMG...I know this is totally BEC but her pronunciation of 'Israel' makes me ragey.

7 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

OMG...I know this is totally BEC but her pronunciation of 'Israel' makes me ragey.

Same. Why name your child that if you can't even pronounce it correctly?

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My only opposition to Albus Severus is the fact that, while he did do his best to protect Harry (and the other students in book seven) throughout the books, Snape was also abusive towards his students. Especially towards Harry. And his fixation on Harry’s dead mother is in no way healthy. I would have rather seen them use Arthur (for Ginny’s father), Rubeus (for Hagrid), whatever Fred’s middle name was, Neville (a good friend of both Harry and Ginny), or Remus/John (for Lupin.) 

While what you’re saying is absolutely true, I have to disagree that Severus wasn’t a good name for Harry and Ginny to choose. The ENTIRE FATE of the wizard of world hinged on the choices of Severus Snape- good and bad choices.  It wouldn’t be wrong to say the whole story (as we find out in The Prince’s Tale) is as much about Severus Snape as it is about Harry himself. Snape did LOADS of shitty things to Harry and to others but in the end we find out that his love trumped everything else. His choices literally saved the wizarding world. 

Albus Severus FTW. Always

@VelociRapture ah I see that you covered most of this now. Are you a fellow Binge Head? Sure sounds like it ?

This was inevitable. What will be more interesting is how quickly #4 and 5 come. No way are these two stopping at 3, especially if this is another boy.

My objection to Albus Severus comes entirely from 2 things:

1. I don’t think the names sound nice together. Both having “us” endings is inexplicably ugly to me.

2. When I first read it on the page I cringed so hard at how fanfic-y it sounded and I’ve never been able to shed that feeling. 

I honestly love Snape as a character and I think it makes sense that Harry would want to honor him. Especially since he’s dead and Harry no longer has to actually deal with his unpleasant qualities. Harry would choose to honor the memory of all the good he did, and let the bad go.

But I think James Severus or Severus James sounds better, and would have been much cooler. Uniting the names of two boys who hated each other but were both responsible for Harry being alive would have been so cool.

Albus Sirius doesn’t sound good either though... But maybe they could have chosen Albus Arthur for Ginny’s father? But they’ve only got two sons to cram sentimental names onto and too many father figures to honor! I just wish they had chosen new names, tbh.

Not surprised that there was an announcement. Hopefully the pregnancy and birth go well. Hopefully the kid is not stuck with an awful name. I would not be surprised if another Duggar announcement happens right before the new season premieres.

As for Severus Snape, he is definitely a complicated and interesting character. The Prince's Tale (The chapter in Deathly Hallows where Harry finds out the truth about Snape) is one of my favorite chapters in the series. While I think he was rather awful to some of his students (particularly Harry and Neville), I can understand why Harry would name a child after him. That being said, I would have preferred if part of Hagrid's name had made it into Harry and Ginny's kids' names. I consider him a much better father figure for Harry than Sirius and Dumbledore were.

2 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

2. When I first read it on the page I cringed so hard at how fanfic-y it sounded and I’ve never been able to shed that feeling. 

I am a self described “mega fan” and I hated the entire epilogue for this exact reason. It doesn’t matter how many times I read it. I can’t get on board. I just feel like JK made the epilogue as an afterthought and just gave the fans what they wanted because she felt bad for killing Fred. Everything else is shear perfection though.

10 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

My opinion on Snape is essentially this: love trumps all, except for being a fucking asshole. ??

I think he's such a great character simply because he IS so polarizing in this way. I think everyone is right about him, in a way. People right to hate him for being a total asshole all the time AND people are also right to love him for his sacrifices and bravery along the way. I feel both ways depending on the day. Sometimes I hate him, sometimes I completely understand his motivations and he has all my empathy. 

Ugh, Snape is the worst. That "Always" line? Barf. If you have always loved someone, you don't treat their child, who they died saving, like shit.

Anyway, this is my hill to die on, but as far as Duggar names go, Gideon is way worse than Spurgeon. Spurgeon is just weird. Gideon is fussy and awkward to say and makes me think he should either be hiding under a bridge telling riddles or wearing a powdered wig and dancing a waltz.

we need to go through her instagram feed or be prepared to see books that they are "reading"for clues. 

the last one was december 24, 2017 (strong's) 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

This is the key point. Snape WAS a wizard Nazi--but he made the choice to get out of it, and do good. I'm a sucker for a good redemption story (it's why I love book! Jaime Lannister) and Snape's is one of the best I've read.

Snape's story really fits with current events. It's practically a metaphor for the alt-right movement before it even existed. Here's a teenage boy who is angry and bitter, abused and neglected, made to feel powerless. He wants to be powerful, and he wants someone to blame. Muggles are an easy target--after all, his abusive dad is a Muggle--and there's a group that promises to help him become powerful and respected by putting others in their rightful place. Yes, they discriminate (and actively want to kill) his best friend, the one person in his life who has truly loved him for him, but she's one of the good ones, and he's convinced he'll make them see it. 

This story resonates with some many readers because it happens all the time. It's why so many young men join groups like ISIS or neo-Nazis today. There's something hopeful and compelling about a story where someone leaves that life and actively works against it because of love and friendship. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I do think that the dynamics between Harry and Dudley kind of mirror those between Snape and James in some ways. Both James and Dudley were the wellbeloved only sons of doting parents, while Snape and Harry were neglected and abused by their parents/guardians. Both Snape and Harry were tormented and bullied by James and Dudley throughout their childhoods. A traumatic incident (James saving Snape’s life and Harry saving Dudley from the Dementors) altered the dynamics of those relationships - Dudley starts trying to be kinder to Harry and Snape feels he owes a debt to James, which ultimately leads him to help protect Harry when he heads to Hogwarts. It’s an interesting dichotomy to me that Snape allowed himself to be consumed by his hatred and resentment of James, while Harry chose not to do the same with Dudley.  

I'd like to add that James is also the Malfoy to Snape's Harry, for mostly the same reasons. Also, I never liked James. I know he changed, but readers never get to see it, like we see Sirius change or see Snape's memories. So James is just an asshat to me. 

24 minutes ago, Caskett4ever said:

The Prince's Tale (The chapter in Deathly Hallows where Harry finds out the truth about Snape) is one of my favorite chapters in the series. While I think he was rather awful to some of his students (particularly Harry and Neville), I can understand why Harry would name a child after him. That being said, I would have preferred if part of Hagrid's name had made it into Harry and Ginny's kids' names. I consider him a much better father figure for Harry than Sirius and Dumbledore were.

The Prince's Tale is the best. They should've named Lily Luna Lily Ruby instead. I love Luna, but don't get why she's honored over all the other friends. 

I think many readers gloss over some of the more interesting points about Snape. For me the most interesting thing is that he willingly sacrifices the thing Lily sacrificed for for the greater good. He's horrified that Dumbledore has set this up but he does it. In the end it wasn't about keeping Lily son alive he actually did the right thing. 

Also I never believe that he was saving Harry because of James. The only reason we think that is because Dumbledore said it in the first book. Assembled or at the very least hit the truth for most of that conversation and I think he was a lying liar Who Lies.

Snape came to the right side for Auld reasons but he did come there. Also he's bad treatment of Harry and even the other students could have been part of his cover or at least treating them really well might have been problematic. I think he's still incredibly horrible and abused his as a teacher but he's not there to be a teacher which is an interesting part of Hogwarts as a whole. He is an interesting and human character and that is why I like him.

I think the entire point of Snape's character was J.K. Rowling's message that love is the most powerful force in the universe. So even though Snape was basically a very shitty person, the fact that he loved Lily so much compelled him to do good things despite his shittiness. If Snape hadn't been such a shitty guy the message wouldn't have been nearly as compelling because good people will do good things whether they love someone or not. It's the same reason the Malfoys were kind of sort of a tiny bit redeemed in the end. Because they ultimately chose their love for each other over their loyalty to Voldemort.

I guessed she was pregnant when she posted abdomen free pictures from Johns wedding !

Are they fans of Billy Graham? If so I’m going with Graham for a boy first name, no clue on a girl.  Let me think...maybe Melania or Ivanka? 

1 hour ago, BernRul said:

They should've named Lily Luna Lily Ruby instead. I love Luna, but don't get why she's honored over all the other friends. 

I love Luna! She's the one who helped Harry through when he could see the thestrals, and she brings him down to earth by showing him that he's not the only one who lost a parent. Luna is tolerance and spunk and creativity and kindness wrapped up in a package of sunshine. Also in the movie I was hoping Luna and Harry got together- way more chemistry. This has been your Luna defense.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived